Image ImageImage Image

Boylen worried he's a goner, wants to meet w/Karnisovas

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Boylen worried he's a goner, wants to meet w/Karnisovas 

Post#1 » by jnrjr79 » Thu Apr 9, 2020 2:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Adios, Jimbo.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Re: Boylen worried he's a goner, wants to meet w/Karnisovas 

Post#2 » by Susan » Thu Apr 9, 2020 2:55 pm

Get out of this city.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,434

Post#3 » by ImSlower » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:07 pm

I just watched MacGruber again last night. I won't bother finding an inappropriate youtube, but I imagine Boylen's attempt would sound similar to MacGruber's efforts to save his job.

Good luck Jimbo, don't let the door hit you while you're carrying out your box of How Not To Post Game Conference for Dummies books.
The Senator
Junior
And1: 340

Post#5 » by The Senator » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:17 pm

I can't imagine that would be a long meeting if it was granted to Boylen. "What you bring to the table simply doesn't square with my vision for the future of this team." And that'd be that for that.

I get why Boylen would want this, though, as he's absolutely never going to get another shot at a NBA head coaching position, and might just want to grasp onto the remaining moments of his tenure as best he can.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#6 » by Indomitable » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:18 pm

Bye Felcia
:banghead:
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#7 » by D_GoLow » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:19 pm

Bye Felicia
This is not a moment, it's a movement
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,583

Post#8 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:23 pm

He gone.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#9 » by VolumePoster » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:24 pm

Arturas can win me over really fast when he “meets” Jim Boylen.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#10 » by Bandit King » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:27 pm

bYE bYE cLOwN!

Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#11 » by chefo » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:31 pm

AK:
So let me get this straight:

1.) You, by design, gave a guy that doesn't like to pass, and is not very good at it even when he does, a 40% usage and complained you're not getting enough assists as a team?

2.) You, by design, put the 19/9 PF in the weakside corner where he sometimes did not touch the ball for 1.5 quarters at a time, resulting in him having a worse year than his rookie season?

3.) You, by design, turned the team's young, versatile, but undersized C, into a lumbering old-man Oak, and forbade him to shoot from outside of 5 feet--which then directly led to .2) because your offense would be even worse without it?

4.) You made 7 foot Lauri, and 7'3 Kornet, and WCJ blitz the P&R 25 feet out, ALL Game and complained they get tired easily?

Boylen:
Yes to all.

AK: And somehow you thought any of these are good ideas?

Boylen:
If you build it, they will come.

AK:
Pack your box and security will see you out. Thanks for all you did to get me hired.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,694

Post#12 » by nitetrain8603 » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:36 pm

Cowley reported that Boylen worked the system as far back as 2017 and saw how Gar operated so he always tried to act like him in terms of always trying to survive. This is no surprise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using RealGM mobile app
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#13 » by PaKii94 » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:41 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:Cowley reported that Boylen worked the system as far back as 2017 and saw how Gar operated so he always tried to act like him in terms of always trying to survive. This is no surprise.

Source?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,741

Post#14 » by dougthonus » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:47 pm

I doubt anyone will be sad to see Jim go. The only reason he would stay is if ownership didn't want to pay multiple coaches, and I think that was the only reason he got an extension in the first place was because they didn't want to pay another coach big money while paying Hoiberg.

I'm sure his contract was structured in such a way that it is irrelevant to remove him.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,694

Post#15 » by nitetrain8603 » Thu Apr 9, 2020 4:07 pm

He said it on Bernstein's show on 670 about an hour ago.
PaKii94 wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:Cowley reported that Boylen worked the system as far back as 2017 and saw how Gar operated so he always tried to act like him in terms of always trying to survive. This is no surprise.

Source?

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,075

Post#16 » by MrSparkle » Thu Apr 9, 2020 4:20 pm

This whole mess began (Hoiberg) and will end (Boylen) with the coaching.

Thibs had the dysfunctional and injured Bulls at 50 wins. Not one excuse from that man in 2014/15. Yes he had his flaws, but he set a high standard. The FO and local media couldn't wait to boot him.

Since then, it's been a low standard on all ends with endless excuses. I get that Jim Boylen wants to re-create the Hoosiers story and channel some Gene Hackman, but it hasn't worked at all, and nobody appreciates the blame game he's played. Lots of excuses, from injuries, to player conditioning, to players not making shots they should make. Yet within all these excuses, at no point healthy or not-healthy did the Bulls have a cohesive and impressive offense, until the last week where the players started taking mid-range shots and basically free-wheeling with Coby, Otto, Shaq and Valentine. The defense looked aggressive at times especially when Dunn and Carter were both healthy, but we all know the blitzing and high effort didn't result in wins, nor did it last in the defensive rankings.

His performance just doesn't add up. Between October and March, I'm not sure what progress the team made. The only thing I can think of is that the misery of the season will make everybody more eager to put it behind them and have a better season next year, aka hitting rock bottom and having nowhere to go but up.

The only silver lining is Coby finally got a chance to play more PG and start for under 2 weeks, and he looked great, which begs the question why didn't he develop as such earlier in the season instead of log-jamming alongside Sato, Dunn and Arci. Ditto with Gafford, who was iced in favor of Kornet.

I hope Karnisovas right away replaces Boylen.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#17 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Apr 9, 2020 4:24 pm

This reminds me of the scene in KILLING THEM SOFTLY where Brad Pitt argues against beating Ray Liotta up if you know you’ll eventually have to kill him. Why put him through all that? Wait a week or two then fire Boylen via a 10 minute Zoom. It’s the most humane thing.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#18 » by Red8911 » Thu Apr 9, 2020 4:30 pm

Boylen just got concerned now? Lol. He was done even if Pax had stayed. In fact the only reason he stayed longer and finished the season(maybe) is because of this front office change.Pax didn’t want or wasn’t allowed to make any other moves this year. Even the roster stayed the same for that reason. It’s funny that Boylen actually thought he would keep his job after a failed season.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,003

Post#19 » by Chi town » Thu Apr 9, 2020 4:30 pm

Why would AK wait till next season to replace Boylen? Waste of time. The players won’t miss him.

Now is the perfect time to interview and pick your coach. Introduce him to the team and start building relationship right now. Let the HC lead his team if the season resumes. If season is cancelled we want him working on draft and FA w new FO... not Boylen.

I think it’s beyond stupid to keep Boylen. He should be gone by Monday. I’m sure AK already has his top 3 coaches picked already anyway.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#20 » by Red8911 » Thu Apr 9, 2020 4:38 pm

Chi town wrote:Why would AK wait till next season to replace Boylen? Waste of time. The players won’t miss him.

Now is the perfect time to interview and pick your coach. Introduce him to the team and start building relationship right now. Let the HC lead his team if the season resumes. If season is cancelled we want him working on draft and FA w new FO... not Boylen.

I think it’s beyond stupid to keep Boylen. He should be gone by Monday. I’m sure AK already has his top 3 coaches picked already anyway.
True they should just find the new coach now within a month, fire Boylen but just have an assistant coach finish the rest of this pointless season, if they even play. There’s no rush obviously but would be better to have the new coach on board sooner and announce it officially after the regular season ends.

Return to Chicago Bulls