Image ImageImage Image

Woj: Pat Connelly (Former Asst. GM Suns) In Serious Talks To Join Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Woj: Pat Connelly (Former Asst. GM Suns) In Serious Talks To Join Bulls 

Post#1 » by HomoSapien » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Re: Woj: Pat Connelly (Former Asst. GM Suns) In Serious Talks To Join Bulls 

Post#2 » by Chi town » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:43 pm

Nice!!! Like that AK knows who he wants and is getting it done.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#3 » by Dresden » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:53 pm

Good, the more new blood we add from outside the organization, the more independent they are likely to be from past influences.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#4 » by HomoSapien » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Chi town
RealGM

Post#5 » by Chi town » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:55 pm

This is DEN VP Tim Connely’s brother?
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#6 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:04 pm

I love AK already. Moving with a complete revamp of the FO. Love this hire.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,892

Post#7 » by nomorezorro » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:04 pm

it's really funny that, like, completely standard front-office building is exciting to me

the benefit of low expectations, baby
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#8 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:15 pm

nomorezorro wrote:it's really funny that, like, completely standard front-office building is exciting to me

the benefit of low expectations, baby

It's like having been in a **** up relationship for so long that you fully appreciate all the little things once you've moved on.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Post#9 » by dumbell78 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:43 pm

This is a whole new world for the Bulls org. Such a strange exciting feeling to see it actually happen.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
chicago paxsons
Bench Warmer
And1: 720

Post#10 » by chicago paxsons » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:46 pm

The way the bulls org is changing right now, it feels like this is a bulls fan twilight zone.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#11 » by Mech Engineer » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:48 pm

If not for this damn virus, it would be so damn exciting as a Bulls fan. It is great that he is getting fresh eyes on everything. I wish Pax, Doug Collins are also gone. They will still have influence and my concern is ...if these new guys make some mistakes or unpopular decisions, Pax/Doug will try to interfere. We need to give some time to these new guys.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#12 » by Susan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:19 pm

New bloooooooood!

Really excited to see who gets the GM role.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#13 » by HomoSapien » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:22 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:If not for this damn virus, it would be so damn exciting as a Bulls fan. It is great that he is getting fresh eyes on everything. I wish Pax, Doug Collins are also gone. They will still have influence and my concern is ...if these new guys make some mistakes or unpopular decisions, Pax/Doug will try to interfere. We need to give some time to these new guys.

I know Collins gets grouped in with the old regime and was partially responsible for the Boylen hire, but he's a big reason this whole thing is happening. He's the voice of reason that got Hoiberg fired and Forman marginalized. I still think he's an asset.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,640

Post#14 » by DuckIII » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:39 pm

This must be what trade deadlines are supposed to feel like.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#15 » by Chi town » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:41 pm

DuckIII wrote:This must be what trade deadlines are supposed to feel like.

Same thing I’ve been thinking all day.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#16 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:If not for this damn virus, it would be so damn exciting as a Bulls fan. It is great that he is getting fresh eyes on everything. I wish Pax, Doug Collins are also gone. They will still have influence and my concern is ...if these new guys make some mistakes or unpopular decisions, Pax/Doug will try to interfere. We need to give some time to these new guys.

I think you are severely overestimating any future influence Paxson will have. He would be gone now if AK thought he would be a problem. It's his show. Period.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#17 » by AKfanatic » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:46 pm

Karnisovas’ most significant hire will be his general manager, and the process to receive permission from teams to interview his list of targeted candidates has begun. According to sources, Nuggets assistant general manager Calvin Booth, Clippers assistant general manager Mark Hughes and Magic assistant general manager Matt Lloyd are three targets.

Additionally, ESPN.com’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that 76ers assistant general manager Marc Eversley is an expected interview target.

Lloyd and Booth had been previously reported as likely candidates, although there is plenty of talk that the Nuggets will move to promote Booth in the wake of Karnisovas’ departure.

NBC Sports Chicago previously reported that Reinsdorf talked with former Bull Nazr Mohammed for an undetermined front-office role. Talks could continue with Mohammed, who has worked in Sam Presti’s front office in Oklahoma City. However, they’re not expected to be for the general manager role.

Read on Twitter
Friend_Of_Haley
RealGM
And1: 374

Post#18 » by Friend_Of_Haley » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:50 pm

HomoSapien wrote:

I know Collins gets grouped in with the old regime and was partially responsible for the Boylen hire, but he's a big reason this whole thing is happening. He's the voice of reason that got Hoiberg fired and Forman marginalized. I still think he's an asset.

I don't think we have to worry about direct influence of PaxColl (CollPax? We need a name stat), over Karnisova.

But there is some lingering concern about their potential behind the scenes influencing. If 2 years from now an article comes out about Pax's unwelcome presence at a practice or something, I won't say I'm surprised. Its just something Arturas is going to have to manage and hopefully have thick skin about and lay down the law and move on, without it becoming a power battle, soap opera, like we've gotten accustomed to at times.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#19 » by Mech Engineer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:15 am

Friend_Of_Haley wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

I don't think we have to worry about direct influence of PaxColl (CollPax? We need a name stat), over Karnisova.

But there is some lingering concern about their potential behind the scenes influencing. If 2 years from now an article comes out about Pax's unwelcome presence at a practice or something, I won't say I'm surprised. Its just something Arturas is going to have to manage and hopefully have thick skin about and lay down the law and move on, without it becoming a power battle, soap opera, like we've gotten accustomed to at times.

That's exactly I worry about. Pax is used to doing things and trying to push his ideas. It will not vanish voluntarily. Unless he is officially told by the Reinsdorfs not to interfere; which I doubt will happen. He will interfere when he sees something is not right as per his vision.

AK is also not Sam Presti. It's a promotion for him.
yifsuibfe1
Rookie
And1: 671

Post#20 » by yifsuibfe1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:00 am

Because of the pandemic and league shutdown, the hiring of former scouts is flooding news sites out of desperation for something to report.

The Bulls are getting the spotlight All to themselves right now.

Return to Chicago Bulls