Image ImageImage Image

Off Topic: A New Page!

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Re: Off Topic: A New Page! 

Post#61 » by AKfanatic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:49 am

Mark K wrote:Since 2004.

That's a long ass time.

I posted a lot, was here for years, had a brief period of being a total ass, disappeared, reappeared occasionally, was an ass again briefly, disappeared, then reappeared again.

Maybe that changes going forward.

centercity
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#62 » by centercity » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:35 am

I’ve been here in read only mode since 2000-2001 probably. Registered in 2003.

Some memorable moments:

3. Some delusional/obnoxious dude fiercely advocating for drafting Michael Piétrus

2. Real time reporting on the JW motorcycle accident broken on this board before any news sites

1. Hilarious Animated stick figures of pre-Rose Bulls players by somebody with “cow” in their name IIRC
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Post#63 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:39 am

RealGM class of 01 checking in.

I don't post much anymore but have pretty much read RealGM daily since the site started. I moved all around the country and this board was always the best place for Bulls news. If there was anything going on with the Bulls it would be found here. Over the years of reading this forum various users became the expert sources of both Bulls news and in some cases enterainment.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#64 » by AKfanatic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:49 am

centercity wrote:I’ve been here in read only mode since 2000-2001 probably. Registered in 2003.

Some memorable moments:

3. Some delusional/obnoxious dude fiercely advocating for drafting Michael Piétrus

2. Real time reporting on the JW motorcycle accident broken on this board before any news sites

1. Hilarious Animated stick figures of pre-Rose Bulls players by somebody with “cow” in their name IIRC

I believe it was “cowbulls”.... stick figure of jab step Johnny (Salmons)

The “black Jesus” threads were wild
The “Draw things on Skiles forehead” was an instant classic
The Knicks draft tracker....

There’s been some amazing things here and some absolutely incredible people
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#65 » by Jimmy Forums » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:01 am

It's great to see so many of the same old names still posting here! Being a Bulls fan and being on this board during the D Rose years was so fun...back when we had hope. It became too much to keep pretending they would do anything right after that, though.

Hopefully all this will bring the fun back! Even just the possibility is exciting for now.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#66 » by Jimmy Forums » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:02 am

And Ricky Ledo should still be available, last I checked
Friend_Of_Haley
RealGM
And1: 374

Post#67 » by Friend_Of_Haley » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:25 am

RoundMoundOfRebound wrote:RealGM class of 01 checking in.

I don't post much anymore but have pretty much read RealGM daily since the site started. I moved all around the country and this board was always the best place for Bulls news. If there was anything going on with the Bulls it would be found here. Over the years of reading this forum various users became the expert sources of both Bulls news and in some cases enterainment.

Re: catching Bulls news here, does anyone else remember the Jay Williams accident news basically breaking on this forum? It is crazg how forums are like the first place I come to to hear of big news, been so conditioned to that over the years.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#68 » by kingkirk » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:32 am

HomoSapien wrote:

That's a long ass time.

I posted a lot, was here for years, had a brief period of being a total ass, disappeared, reappeared occasionally, was an ass again briefly, disappeared, then reappeared again.

I have noticed that you’re not much of an ass anymore. Getting soft in your old age.

I used to post on the old ESPN boards. It was such a great forum early on but got overrun by trolls. I came here in 2001 when IBC and DB7 started this forum. My screen name dating back to ESPN was bullzman23. I loved that screen name, but decide to start the HomoSapien account initially as a joke fake account (against the TOS) but that lasted for a few weeks and then I just started posting my opinions on here as myself... and the Howard wouldn’t let me go back to my original account, haha. I love this board and I can’t wait for it to return to its heyday under a new regime.

I will take that as a compliment and suggest that with maturation, my insistence on being a combative asshat has diminished with the Bulls record.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#69 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:36 am

That's a long ass time.

We'll just blame Gar/Pax for your behavior.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#70 » by samwana » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:09 am

I'm so happy that the dark gark days are over.

I was seriously gone from Bulls basketball and only read here a little every few days instead of all through the day.

I posted on the Trib boards and joined here when they closed down, along with the guy advocating Michael Pietrus I think. I joined under the name 'rodman' and decided a few years ago to go with my own gaming screen name 'samwana'

This masterpiece of a board is hopefully coming back to life with new life to our franchise. I hope to see all the old 'faces' back here again.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,753

Post#71 » by dougthonus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:06 pm

Mark K wrote:I will take that as a compliment and suggest that with maturation, my insistence on being a combative asshat has diminished with the Bulls record.

I think we each only have so much combative ass hat in us, Fred has worn you down by taking all that energy, you have none left to spare the rest ofus.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
WookieOnRitalin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 270

Post#72 » by WookieOnRitalin » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Well, there is finally something to talk about. The last several years were a bit of a yawn.

Did I miss anything?
"As you think, so shall you become." --- Bruce Lee
centercity
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#73 » by centercity » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:00 pm

AKfanatic wrote:...
I believe it was “cowbulls”.... stick figure of jab step Johnny (Salmons)

Looks like it was cowraiser. Unfortunately he/she used some image hoster that no longer exists; so only a few reproductions of their work exist.
Ben Wilson25
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#74 » by Ben Wilson25 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:51 pm

It seems like there’s already a nice tone change around here. I think the main problem over the past few years was all nuance was lost in the discussion because no matter the issue a large percentage of the board (myself included) had lost so much faith in the FO that everything went back to “nothing matters while GarPax are calling the shots.”

Remember “In Pax we trust?” Back then we argued about individual decisions but even if you disagreed with a move you could hold out hope that Pax saw something you didn’t. I hope the same happens with AK. It’s more fun that way and leads to better discussion. It’s the subtle distinction between having differing opinions on how to make the team successful and a nihilistic desire to see things crash and burn so GarPax would get fired.

Personally, I’m just really excited to watch the team evolve under AK and his new FO. If haiku makes a comeback on the board it will just be gravy.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,634

Post#75 » by Mr Funk » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Susan wrote: Been here 15 freaking years from a 17 year old kid to a 32 year old man

You're a dude?
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#76 » by nitetrain8603 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:06 pm

Ben Wilson25 wrote:It seems like there’s already a nice tone change around here. I think the main problem over the past few years was all nuance was lost in the discussion because no matter the issue a large percentage of the board (myself included) had lost so much faith in the FO that everything went back to “nothing matters while GarPax are calling the shots.”

Remember “In Pax we trust?” Back then we argued about individual decisions but even if you disagreed with a move you could hold out hope that Pax saw something you didn’t. I hope the same happens with AK. It’s more fun that way and leads to better discussion. It’s the subtle distinction between having differing opinions on how to make the team successful and a nihilistic desire to see things crash and burn so GarPax would get fired.

Personally, I’m just really excited to watch the team evolve under AK and his new FO. If haiku makes a comeback on the board it will just be gravy.

I think that's great analysis. I remember when I posted heavily, we talked about the 3 Cs, what to do with Fizer, Jay Williams news breaking here. I remember Jamal Crawford's sister posting here as well. Paxson was a breath of fresh air when he came. He brought respect back to the Bulls for a little bit. I always wondered what would've happened had Eddy Curry not had his heart condition and continued to be coached by Skiles. I also don't think Skiles would've burnt out had he continued to coach the 3 Cs. Either way, Paxson finessed the Knicks into taking 2 of them.

I remember the Tyrus/LaMarcus Aldridge draft being a huge huge deal.

Once the Bulls lost in the 2nd rounder to the Pistons, we thought we were on our way. Then the Bulls got pounced the following year and we all started to question whether Paxson was just a Point A to Point B GM.

I remember the argument about whether Ben Gordon should've been a starter or a bench player.

Do we go Beasley, Rose or Mayo (I was a huge OJ Mayo supporter)

Rose changed all questions. We wanted D'Antoni, but ended up with VDN.

2010 shut us all up and we were all just hoping for ways to tweak the roster. Bulls went with a washed up RIP Hamilton which I thought was stupid. Then, the questionable decisions just kept rolling. It made us all apathetic to the Bulls.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#77 » by Susan » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Mr Funk wrote:
Susan wrote: Been here 15 freaking years from a 17 year old kid to a 32 year old man

You're a dude?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,753

Post#78 » by dougthonus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Mr Funk wrote:

You're a dude?

He lost a username bet, and the board had a vote to what to make his new user name and landed on "Susan".
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#79 » by samwana » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:18 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Mr Funk wrote:

You're a dude?

He lost a username bet, and the board had a vote to what to make his new user name and landed on "Susan".
And afaik it was for one year only, but for some reason Susan stayed..

Mark also went feminine for a few months..

This board seems like a good place to overcome an identity crisis apparently

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#80 » by Susan » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:07 am

samwana wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
Mr Funk wrote:
You're a dude?

And afaik it was for one year only, but for some reason Susan stayed..

Mark also went feminine for a few months..

This board seems like a good place to overcome an identity crisis apparently

This place is interesting :).

Thoughts on just making this thread the off topic thread?

I matched with the casting director for Love is Blind for their second season and am talking to them sometime this week.

Return to Chicago Bulls