Image ImageImage Image

OT- The Last Dance documentary

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Re: The Last Dance 10 Part Documentary 

Post#41 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 pm

AWESOME Roadtrippin with LeBron that dropped yesterday and he mentions this-

“If they release that thing right now? The views on it?” LeBron James said on the Road Trippin’ podcast, via ESPN.

“Listen, if I’m Michael Jordan, I’m going in there and I’m making a conference call and I’m like, ‘OK, what’s the reason that we’re going to hold onto it until June now? Compared to now when everybody is at home?’ Because it’s done (being edited). It’s done. Yeah, it’s done.”

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-lebron-james-wants-espn-release-the-last-dance-as-soon-as-possible/

Bill Simmons mentioned on his podcast earlier this week his friend who is doing the editing of this is currently locked away in a bunker finishing this so they can drop it ASAP.

This is a great interview with LeBron. Literally they guy calling from his kitchen and just rapping with RJ like a normal person.
Kinda of stuff that make you understand who the guy really is and what is really important to him.

I've heard this guy interviewed for the last 20 years and this is the best and most personal insight to Bron I've heard yet.
You can see why this guy became successful and why people flock to him, he is full of personality and this is an hour of him in rare form. Well worth a listen IMO
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,611

Post#42 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:14 am

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#43 » by dice » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:56 am

ATRAIN53 wrote:AWESOME Roadtrippin with LeBron that dropped yesterday and he mentions this-

“If they release that thing right now? The views on it?” LeBron James said on the Road Trippin’ podcast, via ESPN.

“Listen, if I’m Michael Jordan, I’m going in there and I’m making a conference call and I’m like, ‘OK, what’s the reason that we’re going to hold onto it until June now? Compared to now when everybody is at home?’ Because it’s done (being edited). It’s done. Yeah, it’s done.”

why does he think that MJ has any control over this? i heard that he actually refused to release footage
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,611

Post#44 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:40 am

This is going to be legendary documentary.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Post#45 » by dumbell78 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:49 am

April 19th, this board....in quarantine.

KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Post#46 » by DuckIII » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:48 pm

dice wrote:
ATRAIN53 wrote:AWESOME Roadtrippin with LeBron that dropped yesterday and he mentions this-

why does he think that MJ has any control over this? i heard that he actually refused to release footage

I think in the first thread about this there was an article reporting that MJ had “final say” editing rights over the film. I remember reading that because it made me much less interested in seeing it given MJ’s ego.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#47 » by BigUps » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:20 pm

At least were getting this. Its dark times, but this helps.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,753

Post#48 » by dougthonus » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:40 pm

dice wrote:why does he think that MJ has any control over this? i heard that he actually refused to release footage

May not have complete control, but he clearly has a lot of input. I doubt anything highly critical of Jordan makes this documentary or that it is an unbiased view.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2020/03/31/michael-jordan-documentary-the-last-dance-espn-air-april-19/5093149002/

The project involves five partners: ESPN, Jordan himself, the NBA, Netflix and Mandalay Sports media.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dice
RealGM

Post#49 » by dice » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:55 pm

dougthonus wrote:
dice wrote:why does he think that MJ has any control over this? i heard that he actually refused to release footage

May not have complete control, but he clearly has a lot of input. I doubt anything highly critical of Jordan makes this documentary or that it is an unbiased view.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2020/03/31/michael-jordan-documentary-the-last-dance-espn-air-april-19/5093149002/

The project involves five partners: ESPN, Jordan himself, the NBA, Netflix and Mandalay Sports media.

my question was mainly regarding lebron thinking that MJ has some sort of control over the release date. i'm gonna guess that that part is completely out of his control at this point
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#50 » by dougthonus » Wed Apr 1, 2020 12:19 pm

dice wrote:my question was mainly regarding lebron thinking that MJ has some sort of control over the release date. i'm gonna guess that that part is completely out of his control at this point

My bad, thought you were talking about the documentary as a whole. Yeah, I doubt MJ has any control over the release date at all.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,431

Post#51 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 1, 2020 1:53 pm

dice wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

my question was mainly regarding lebron thinking that MJ has some sort of control over the release date. i'm gonna guess that that part is completely out of his control at this point

I think we know the answer. It sounds really cool to say that on a podcast and most the people listening won't think it that far through.
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
And1: 420

Post#52 » by Dieselbound&Down » Wed Apr 1, 2020 2:28 pm

dougthonus wrote:

Krause is dead and surely will be the main villian. It won't be hard to find "others" to heap blame on so I'm not sure how critical this would have been on MJ even if he didn't have a say in the production. My guess is MJ will allow some criticism that shows him being firm in following his beliefs or that shows him to be a ruthless competitor but nothing that shows him to be petty or overly selfish. That would be keeping him in character. But anything really bad on MJ will get whitewashed.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,806

Re: The Last Dance 10 Part Documentary moved up to April 19 

Post#53 » by jc23 » Wed Apr 1, 2020 8:18 pm

Interested to see what the ratings will be like, for Sports fans this is about as good as it gets right now. Best non-live sports ratings in espn history?
Be curious, Not judgmental
dice
RealGM

Post#54 » by dice » Thu Apr 2, 2020 12:35 am

Dieselbound&Down wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

Krause is dead and surely will be the main villian. It won't be hard to find "others" to heap blame on so I'm not sure how critical this would have been on MJ even if he didn't have a say in the production. My guess is MJ will allow some criticism that shows him being firm in following his beliefs or that shows him to be a ruthless competitor but nothing that shows him to be petty or overly selfish. That would be keeping him in character. But anything really bad on MJ will get whitewashed.

i wonder whether the product would have ended up being superior WITHOUT jordan's participation

but really, what kind of dirt could they have dug up? that he was a serial cheater on his wife or something? that's not interesting. that he gambled a lot? we already knew that (though the stories would have been entertaining). maybe we would have gotten more interesting stuff on how he dealt with people. but even then we already have a pretty good idea based on what teammates have said, for example
dumbell78
General Manager

Post#55 » by dumbell78 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 12:40 am

So when is this going to hit Netflix? Any confirmed date?
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#56 » by dougthonus » Thu Apr 2, 2020 12:46 am

dumbell78 wrote:So when is this going to hit Netflix? Any confirmed date?

April 19, it's in the thread title :lol:
@doug_thonus on twitter
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,806

Post#57 » by jc23 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 1:19 am

dougthonus wrote:

I heard some regions will get it via Netflix first i.e. the UK.
Be curious, Not judgmental
dumbell78
General Manager

Post#58 » by dumbell78 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 1:39 am

dougthonus wrote:

I have read reports outside US it will not be the same date. ie Netflix earlier/later date vs ESPN. I'm in Australia so trying to make sure.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,340

Post#59 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Apr 2, 2020 2:26 am

dumbell78 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I have read reports outside US it will not be the same date. ie Netflix earlier/later date vs ESPN. I'm in Australia so trying to make sure.

I imagine since this has long been an ESPN driven project, they'll be releasing it first. Not sure if this Wiki is legit or not, but if you scroll down it indicates that Netflix outside of the U.S. will broadcast each episode the day after ESPN release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Dance_(2020_TV_series)
dumbell78
General Manager

Post#60 » by dumbell78 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 2:39 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I imagine since this has long been an ESPN driven project, they'll be releasing it first. Not sure if this Wiki is legit or not, but if you scroll down it indicates that Netflix outside of the U.S. will broadcast each episode the day after ESPN release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Dance_(2020_TV_series)

Excellent, thanks.

Return to Chicago Bulls