Image ImageImage Image

Woj: Bulls hire 76ers Mark Eversley as GM

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Re: Woj: Bulls hire 76ers Mark Eversley as GM 

Post#301 » by MrFortune3 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:31 am

This pandemic might end up being a blessing in disguise for the Bulls. If the cap goes down there will be a lot of teams looking to cut payroll. Opportunity for us to college assets.
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#302 » by Jiipee84 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:19 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:This pandemic might end up being a blessing in disguise for the Bulls. If the cap goes down there will be a lot of teams looking to cut payroll. Opportunity for us to college assets.

Yeah maybe.
But if / when NBA teams really will lose about 40% of annual revenue then that will cause problems probably all teams.
Bulls have to extend Valentine, Dunn and Lauri so where Reinsdorf will get all those moneys if revenue loss is about 40% or more.

In my opinion it would be smart at least postpone Lauri's extension to summer 2021.
And extend only Valentine and Dunn if it's possible.

That 6,7 million what Lauri gets next season is not much.
So Eversley and Karnisovas should wait summer 2021 and let Lauri play good or very good season 2020-2021
and in the summer 2021 extend him reasonable and cap friendly rookie extension.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,696

Post#303 » by nitetrain8603 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:This pandemic might end up being a blessing in disguise for the Bulls. If the cap goes down there will be a lot of teams looking to cut payroll. Opportunity for us to college assets.

Yeah maybe.
But if / when NBA teams really will lose about 40% of annual revenue then that will cause problems probably all teams.
Bulls have to extend Valentine, Dunn and Lauri so where Reinsdorf will get all those moneys if revenue loss is about 40% or more.

In my opinion it would be smart at least postpone Lauri's extension to summer 2021.

So Eversley and Karnisovas should wait summer 2021 and let Lauri play good or very good season 2020-2021

The Bulls made a mistake signing Otto to an extension, and if the cap goes down, it becomes an even bigger mistake as you'll assuredly have to attach a Lauri, Wendell or Colby to trade him away and at least get a 1st round pick back.

If I ran the front office, I don't extend any of those players. I try to trade Lauri and Otto. You're going to have teams that all of a sudden can't afford their 2nd best player and put a team on the court. You're going to have stars available when they shouldn't be. For example, I don't see how Houston would be able to keep Russell Westbrook and James Harden together. I don't see how the Lakers can keep AD and LeBron at max deals and field a competitive roster with some semblance of depth. In all honesty, Milwaukee is built great to withstand this and keep Giannis IMO.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#304 » by drosereturn » Fri May 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:

Yeah maybe.

The Bulls are the biggest winners since they were one of the most profitable teams and revenue sharing teams hurt out the most.
Also, getting a high lottery without the season even playing out is also huge favor. 4 7 picks suck but with that many yrs of tanking, it would be absurd not to build a contender even without fas.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect

Post#305 » by Jiipee84 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:28 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:

Yeah maybe.

The Bulls made a mistake signing Otto to an extension, and if the cap goes down, it becomes an even bigger mistake as you'll assuredly have to attach a Lauri, Wendell or Colby to trade him away and at least get a 1st round pick back.

If I ran the front office, I don't extend any of those players. I try to trade Lauri and Otto. You're going to have teams that all of a sudden can't afford their 2nd best player and put a team on the court. You're going to have stars available when they shouldn't be. For example, I don't see how Houston would be able to keep Russell Westbrook and James Harden together. I don't see how the Lakers can keep AD and LeBron at max deals and field a competitive roster with some semblance of depth. In all honesty, Milwaukee is built great to withstand this and keep Giannis IMO.

Why Bulls should consider trade one of Coby, Lauri and Wendell.
Those guys are cheap for their contracts during next season and only Lauri needs extension right now
but Bulls can postpone Lauri's extension to summer 2021
if AK and Eversley wanna see what possibly cap space and salary cap are 2021 summer.

Yes there will be teams who are big troubles for large and expensive contracts like Houston who can't keep Harden or Westbrook.
Or Lakers who can't keep Lebron and Anthony Davis together or Mavericks who probably can't keep Porzingis.
Porzingis is Mavericks only max contract player but Doncic will ask max extension for sure because he's allstar level player.

But if Bulls really trades Lauri which teams can be potential trade partners for Bulls ?
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect

Post#306 » by Jiipee84 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:

Yeah maybe.

The Bulls are the biggest winners since they were one of the most profitable teams and revenue sharing teams hurt out the most.
Also, getting a high lottery without the season even playing out is also huge favor. 4 7 picks suck but with that many yrs of tanking, it would be absurd not to build a contender even without fas.

We ( Bulls fans ) don't know yet what is Karnisovas's and Eversley's vision to make Bulls contending team.
But if they will built only for good drafting and trades that will be long and slow process.

Bulls needs quality free-agents too if they wanna become real NBA championship contender very near future.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,696

Post#307 » by nitetrain8603 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
Yeah maybe.

Why Bulls should consider trade one of Coby, Lauri and Wendell.
Those guys are cheap for their contracts during next season and only Lauri needs extension right now
but Bulls can postpone Lauri's extension to summer 2021
if AK and Eversley wanna see what possibly cap space and salary cap are 2021 summer.

Yes there will be teams who are big troubles for large and expensive contracts like Houston who can't keep Harden or Westbrook.
Or Lakers who can't keep Lebron and Anthony Davis together or Mavericks who probably can't keep Porzingis.
Porzingis is Mavericks only max contract player but Doncic will ask max extension for sure because he's allstar level player.

But if Bulls really trades Lauri which teams can be potential trade partners for Bulls ?

My opinion is that you can only keep one of those three (White, Lauri, Wendell). I'd look to package the other two with Otto if possible. Coby would be a great Ben Gordon type. Lauri is too soft if you ask me, but is the most talented, Wendell would be the obvious candidate to stay, but he's too injury prone.

It really depends on how AK and ME want to build the team. I'd honestly look into the possibility of AD this offseason. But one thing is known, you have to dump salaries.
RaptorHusky
Veteran
And1: 4,876

Post#308 » by RaptorHusky » Fri May 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
Yeah maybe.

We ( Bulls fans ) don't know yet what is Karnisovas's and Eversley's vision to make Bulls contending team.
But if they will built only for good drafting and trades that will be long and slow process.

Bulls needs quality free-agents too if they wanna become real NBA championship contender very near future.

Sorry, you forgot the fact that FA's should like to come to CHI. What, in your opinion, makes THIS franchise attractive to FA's?
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#309 » by MrFortune3 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:

Yeah maybe.

Extend Valentine what exactly? Val and Dunn are likely not part of the Bulls future(well, maybe Dunn due to his defensive prowess).

Return to Chicago Bulls