Image ImageImage Image

OT: runwithmaud.com

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,334

Re: OT: runwithmaud.com 

Post#81 » by fleet » Sat May 9, 2020 3:37 pm

synthdogg wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
synthdogg wrote:Can someone help me out here, I can't seem to find any "official" statement about this in any of the press that I've found. Why were these suspects not arrested before now? What was the reason given?

Read on Twitter

Thanks for this response. This may be one of the worst things I have EVER read, and I'm left just feeling stunned and sick about it.

Can you imagine ANY situation where 3 armed black men chase down a white man on a jog, kill him when he tries to defend himself, and then get sent home by the police?

Just disgusting.

Thanks for painting a vivid picture of the absurdity of ‘stand your ground laws’ . I thank you because for some reason, unless you show some people the negative version of the picture, the absurdity cannot be seen. But the defense may be that it was some kind of accident as the result of a scuffle, not intentional, and the defendants were over-charged to avoid prosecution. They are that scummy down there. However I will wait to fully understand the nature of the charges, if they cover something akin to negligent homicide.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#82 » by Chi town » Sat May 9, 2020 3:43 pm

dice wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
dice wrote:do we know why he was videotaping to begin with or why he turned it in?

I think I read somewhere that the lawyer couldn't in good conscience keep the tape secret anymore.

I call BS.

It shouldn't take 2 months for that remorse to occur. That's why I think it has to do with part of a plea deal.

He was originally the lawyer for the 2 shooters:

But in a twist emblematic of the small-town politics that have defined the case, that source turned out to be a criminal defense lawyer in town who had informally consulted with the suspects.

The lawyer, Alan Tucker, said in an interview on Friday that the video had come from the cellphone of a man who had filmed the episode and that he later gave the footage to the radio station. Mr. Tucker’s role was confirmed by Scott Ryfun, who oversees the station’s programming.

Asked why he had leaked the video, Mr. Tucker said he had wanted to dispel rumors that he said had fueled tension in the community. “It wasn’t two men with a Confederate flag in the back of a truck going down the road and shooting a jogger in the back,” Mr. Tucker said.

“It got the truth out there as to what you could see,” he added. “My purpose was not to exonerate them or convict them.”

that does indicate to me that the guy who was videotaping THINKS that the pursuit (which he participated in) was justified

Of course he does. He’s also dumb enough and blinded by his bias to see how in the real world we live in how out of bounds he was... that’s why he cooperated.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,484

Post#83 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sat May 9, 2020 8:05 pm

Read on Twitter

These cop-adjacent racist vigilantes are everywhere.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Post#84 » by dice » Sat May 9, 2020 8:16 pm

Chi town wrote:
dice wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
I think I read somewhere that the lawyer couldn't in good conscience keep the tape secret anymore.

I call BS.

It shouldn't take 2 months for that remorse to occur. That's why I think it has to do with part of a plea deal.

He was originally the lawyer for the 2 shooters:

that does indicate to me that the guy who was videotaping THINKS that the pursuit (which he participated in) was justified

Of course he does. He’s also dumb enough and blinded by his bias to see how in the real world we live in how out of bounds he was... that’s why he cooperated.

and blinded by georgia law
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#85 » by fleet » Sat May 9, 2020 8:32 pm

Spoiler:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Read on Twitter

The last 4 years have dredged up nasty people out of the swamps.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#86 » by Chi town » Sat May 9, 2020 9:05 pm

dice wrote:
Chi town wrote:
dice wrote:that does indicate to me that the guy who was videotaping THINKS that the pursuit (which he participated in) was justified

and blinded by georgia law

Which will be getting reform soon.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#87 » by musiqsoulchild » Sat May 9, 2020 11:21 pm

fleet wrote:
Spoiler:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd rather it be this way Fleet.

I rather know and see who the enemy is and then figure out a strategic way to move forward while changing the enemy.

The idea of "defeating" the other is clearly not working. I dont know why...but there is a global resurgence of ultra nationalism and race wars
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#88 » by fleet » Sat May 9, 2020 11:30 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
fleet wrote:
Spoiler:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Read on Twitter

I rather know and see who the enemy is and then figure out a strategic way to move forward while changing the enemy.

The idea of "defeating" the other is clearly not working. I dont know why...but there is a global resurgence of ultra nationalism and race wars

Like a virus, it can’t be defeated though musiq. It can be contained instead of being released without mitigation. I think I know why, a top down movement of yahoos has been instigated and affirmed by leadership, and when America sneezes, the world catches a cold. If chuckleheads emerge to feel it’s now OK to run up on joggers and onto people’s front porches, we are in worse position than when they crawled around in the slime at the bottom of ponds feeding on algae. I agree that it may be good if they self-identify to a certain extent, but acting out makes the situation worse.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,515

Post#89 » by DuckIII » Mon May 11, 2020 3:57 pm

DOJ has formally been asked to investigate by Georgia AG. Getting back to a question posed earlier, this is a key reason why “hate crime” designations matter. It helps invoke federal jurisdiction and oversight, especially in backwards inbred racist states like Georgia that refuse to pass their own hate crime laws.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,751

Post#90 » by Jeffster81 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:07 pm

DuckIII wrote:DOJ has formally been asked to investigate by Georgia AG. Getting back to a question posed earlier, this is a key reason why “hate crime” designations matter. It helps invoke federal jurisdiction and oversight, especially in backwards inbred racist states like Georgia that refuse to pass their own hate crime laws.

Like St. Louis is a beacon of racial peace and equality.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,515

Post#91 » by DuckIII » Mon May 11, 2020 4:32 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:DOJ has formally been asked to investigate by Georgia AG. Getting back to a question posed earlier, this is a key reason why “hate crime” designations matter. It helps invoke federal jurisdiction and oversight, especially in backwards inbred racist states like Georgia that refuse to pass their own hate crime laws.

I don’t live in Missouri or defend the racial harmony of St. Louis. Nor do I defend the racial views of where I actually do live.

In fairness to the comparison though, unlike Georgia,
Missouri actually has hate crimes statutes on the books. Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas and Wyoming are the only ones that don’t. Stunner.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
dice
RealGM

Post#92 » by dice » Tue May 12, 2020 2:55 am

DuckIII wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

I don’t live in Missouri or defend the racial harmony of St. Louis. Nor do I defend the racial views of where I actually do live.

In fairness to the comparison though, unlike Georgia,
Missouri actually has hate crimes statutes on the books. Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas and Wyoming are the only ones that don’t. Stunner.

you would think that georgia would be eager to say "hey, at least we're not florida." but...nah. instead it's "hold my beer"

i do respect the philosophical point of view that there should be no reason to designate something a hate crime. the DOJ should be investigating the georgia AG regardless of whether the victim was black or white. and i doubt that the increased penalty has any measurable effect on the rate at which hate crimes are committed. on the other hand, crimes based on race or sexual identity do have an inflammatory effect on society that hatred stemming from, say, a personal vendetta would not
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#93 » by dice » Sat Jun 6, 2020 12:08 am

musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#94 » by musiqsoulchild » Sat Jun 6, 2020 1:05 am

And, he was called a fuc^#*ng nig×^÷er. By the murder accused.

While he was dying

I am so done with racists. I hope all 3 of them are tried to the FULL extent of the law. And the DA as well.
dice
RealGM

Post#95 » by dice » Sat Jun 6, 2020 1:27 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:

And, he was called a fuc^#*ng nig×^÷er. By the murder accused.

After he died.

WHILE he was dying, which is even worse

I am so done with racists. I hope all 3 of them are tried to the FULL extent of the law. And the DA as well.

agreed. and whoever "deputized" the father to be a neighborhood vigilante
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,979

Post#96 » by Jo Jo English » Sun Jun 7, 2020 4:26 am

Read on Twitter

Change has to happen. Whatever form it comes in, however uncomfortable it may be to some, it has to happen.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#97 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 8, 2020 4:16 pm

fleet wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
fleet wrote:
Spoiler:

Like a virus, it can’t be defeated though musiq. It can be contained instead of being released without mitigation. I think I know why, a top down movement of yahoos has been instigated and affirmed by leadership, and when America sneezes, the world catches a cold. If chuckleheads emerge to feel it’s now OK to run up on joggers and onto people’s front porches, we are in worse position than when they crawled around in the slime at the bottom of ponds feeding on algae. I agree that it may be good if they self-identify to a certain extent, but acting out makes the situation worse.

It does make it worse, but the fact that they feel they can act out is still the problem. The fact that they were right and didn't get charged for 2 months. These people exist and I would rather see them acting out, Black People know these people exist, white people are the ones who think that this is some antiquated way of the past, who need to see it still exists and help enact a change, where people like this are too damns scared to act out. There was way too much "Don't ask don't tell" in the white communities IMHO.

Return to Chicago Bulls