Image ImageImage Image

Jordan Ticket Stub Collection - contribute if you got em!

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Jordan Ticket Stub Collection - contribute if you got em! 

Post#1 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Not sure how many of you saw the story of the guy collecting ticket stubs for every MJ game-

https://www.local10.com/sports/2020/05/11/south-florida-resident-has-amazingly-unique-collection-of-michael-jordan-memorabilia/

Goldberg has, what he calls, the largest collection of ticket stubs from Michael Jordan games in the world. While that’s hard to prove, it’s hard to imagine anyone has a collection like his.

Not counting preseason and exhibition games, Goldberg says that Jordan played in 1,264 games (that does include playoffs and All-Star games). He currently has 878 different stubs from those games.

With under 400 left to obtain, Goldberg isn’t stopping any time soon.

I got in touch with him a few weeks ago and was able to send him @ 6 that he needed.
2 Were 1992 Finals games - one was the infamous 'Shrug Game' vs Portland.

The stubs I sent him were actually given to me by my former boss who died tragically in 1994. He never got to see the final 3 MJ titles, but he was courtside for many MJ games since his rookie season. So I was happy to put a handful of his old tickets in Andrews collection where they will be part of one of the coolest collections I can think of. I didn't ask him for any $$$, I just wanted these in the collection so I know if I ever see that collection - I contributed to it.

Goldberg explained to Local 10 sports, "These tickets, in many ways, are witnesses to those games. They were in that stadium. They were in the same room as those games, and to me that’s very cool."

It is and that is exactly why I dug them out and mailed them off.

Dig around and see if you have any he needs and get in touch. Help him out, he's a good local dude from Highland Park, not some sleezy collector trying to profit form them.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Re: Jordan Ticket Stub Collection - contribute if you got em! 

Post#2 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu May 21, 2020 1:57 pm

I only have two different jordan games where I saved the stubs and one post jordan playoff stub, but i'm not sharing despite the fact that I had forgotten that I had them, when we cleaned out our closets during the lockdown I stumbled across a cigar box (go figure) with a bunch of memories of sporting events (cubs, sox, hawks) along with a bunch of concert ticket stubs from the 80's and 90's. It was actually cool to browse through them, one day i'll make a collage of them and put it in the den.

side story: one memory that the stubs brought back was from the mia/chi playoff road game from I think 2005, I had nosebleed seats, like maybe 3 rows from the top, so here go the two of us making the long walk up the steps in enemy territory, wearing Bulls Jerseys with fans booing us as we climb, and just before I get to the top one angry looking dude that has 6 inches and 50 pounds of muscle on me stops us and says "let me see the back of that fkn jersey" no choice but to comply so we did, we were both wearing #23, and he smiles and politely said "respect" and yelled to everyone "they cool, they cool, its Jordan!"

We ended up sitting next to him and had a great time, bought my protector a beer :beer:

Thank god I didn't have my Cap'n Kirk Jersey on that day.

Return to Chicago Bulls