Image ImageImage Image

Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years"

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23

dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1121 » by dice » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:45 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:
dice wrote:
Alcatraz17 wrote:

Trumpism? What? Be better than that.

Im with you on the centrists movement - but - that's partly because politicians know the game - which is dictated by media. The energy of the party heavily ways on why your candidate opposes the other party (enemy). The only way a true moderate could come in and make change would be if they already had a massive following and didn't need the back of the media. The problem is, that candidate would have two sides going after them.

We are stuck in a binary war cycle.

the media plays into the polarity of the two parties to modest degree, but it has absolutely nothing to do with why we only have 2 major parties. we've had only 2 major parties for the entirety of the nation's history. winner-take-all elections pretty much ensure it (duverger's law). and there is very little interest in a centrist 3rd party anyway. it has about as much magnetic appeal as rooting for the refs in a basketball game


The whole " The system is broken" is a diversionary tactic.

Think about it...this is why we had WW2.

Democratic Socialism vs. Nationalistic Fascism

In the end, Capitalism ( US) versus Communism (USSR) remained. And the Cold War lasted for 40 years.

The world has always been full of binary choices. To somehow pretend like that's the end of all hope as we know it is silly.

Anyone who is thinking of voting Bernie or sitting out the election because Biden this...Biden that..is just sitting on a throne of privilege.

You have a choice that minorities in this country dont have in 2020. They have no choice but to vote anti-Trump.

Even today, he called Black Lives Matter a symbol of hatred. This is the America that we live in today. And there are people who feel that they can NOT utilize their power to vote this evil man out.

excellent point

i should also note that the ideological gap between the two parties is as wide as it has ever been, so the idea that both parties are the same is farcical

-average congressional republican is now at 5.1 on a 0-10 conservative score, going over 5.0 for the first time in party history (most moderate GOP congress averaged 2.5 around 1970)

-average democrat was 4.4 around 1860 on 0-10 liberal scale. party was most moderate in the 1940s (2.2) and has gotten steadily more liberal since (currently 4.0)

-that's a current gap of 9.1 between the parties. record low was 4.9 in the late 1940s, when both parties were distinctly moderate

bernie sanders score on economic issues throughout his time in congress:

4.81 (first term in house, 1991-1993)
5.12
5.17
4.73
5.32
5.42
5.14
4.49

5.99 (first 2 years in senate, 2007-2009)
5.49
8.23 (2011-2013 - large lurch to the left)
9.44
8.61
7.07
8.43

so in practice bernie was a pretty standard democrat until the last decade

vote-weighted career averages (0-10 liberal):

8.87 aaron burr
7.67 warren
7.21 james buchanan as president
7.01 kamala
6.59 james polk as president
6.53 maxine waters
6.19 FDR (house)
6.09 booker
6.06 schakowsky
5.89 john lewis
5.83 wellstone
5.82 kucinich
5.73 mcgovern (slaughtered by nixon)
5.27 bernie
5.09 nadler
5.04 jimmy carter as president
4.99 barney frank
4.90 pelosi
4.78 bobby rush
4.73 gillibrand
4.72 JFK as president
4.64 james clyburn (played major role in turning super tuesday for biden)
4.43 ted kennedy
4.38 bill clinton as president
4.39 mondale (destroyed by reagan)
4.21 wasserman schultz (dnc bogeywoman)
4.08 weiner
3.99 franken
3.98 woodrow wilson as president
3.98 castro
3.97 hubert humphrey
3.74 truman as president
3.68 FDR as president
3.67 hillary

3.62 grover cleveland as president
3.58 schumer
3.54 obama as president
3.52 john kerry
3.51 durbin
3.49 adam schiff
3.43 obama as senator
3.37 LBJ as president
3.16 gore
3.14 biden
3.11 JFK (house)
3.04 beto
2.91 john edwards
2.79 klobuchar
2.78 gabbard
2.76 harry reid
2.68 feinstein
2.50 andrew jackson as president
2.42 LBJ as congressman
2.41 kaine
2.17 tester
2.05 lieberman (thorn in side of public option being included in obamacare)
1.49 bogans

on the conservative presidential side:

6.93 dubya
6.92 reagan
5.57 bush sr
5.52 nixon
5.06 ford
4.45 harding
4.31 lincoln
4.03 roosevelt
3.96 coolidge
3.96 JQ adams
2.81 ike
2.68 harrison
2.56 pierce
2.51 tyler
2.32 mckinley
1.80 grant
1.75 taft
1.38 madison
1.30 monroe
1.05 van buren
0.95 arthur
0.18 jefferson
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
User avatar
jc23
RealGM
Posts: 21,337
And1: 7,103
Joined: May 31, 2010
Location: 1901 W.Madsion St
     

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1122 » by jc23 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:23 am

dice wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
dice wrote:the media plays into the polarity of the two parties to modest degree, but it has absolutely nothing to do with why we only have 2 major parties. we've had only 2 major parties for the entirety of the nation's history. winner-take-all elections pretty much ensure it (duverger's law). and there is very little interest in a centrist 3rd party anyway. it has about as much magnetic appeal as rooting for the refs in a basketball game


The whole " The system is broken" is a diversionary tactic.

Think about it...this is why we had WW2.

Democratic Socialism vs. Nationalistic Fascism

In the end, Capitalism ( US) versus Communism (USSR) remained. And the Cold War lasted for 40 years.

The world has always been full of binary choices. To somehow pretend like that's the end of all hope as we know it is silly.

Anyone who is thinking of voting Bernie or sitting out the election because Biden this...Biden that..is just sitting on a throne of privilege.

You have a choice that minorities in this country dont have in 2020. They have no choice but to vote anti-Trump.

Even today, he called Black Lives Matter a symbol of hatred. This is the America that we live in today. And there are people who feel that they can NOT utilize their power to vote this evil man out.

excellent point



is it? your a numbers guy so what was the numbers of minorties who voted in 2016? i remember reading it was a low turnout. Unless Musiq was talking about everyone and not just the very popular way privilege is thrown around today. In that case i agree.

I live in a red state and would probably vote 3rd party if i have that option this time around. But i have always voted, in my simple way i tell myself either vote or dont complain.
"showing off is the fools idea of glory" - Bruce Lee
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1123 » by dice » Fri Jul 3, 2020 5:28 am

jc23 wrote:
dice wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
The whole " The system is broken" is a diversionary tactic.

Think about it...this is why we had WW2.

Democratic Socialism vs. Nationalistic Fascism

In the end, Capitalism ( US) versus Communism (USSR) remained. And the Cold War lasted for 40 years.

The world has always been full of binary choices. To somehow pretend like that's the end of all hope as we know it is silly.

Anyone who is thinking of voting Bernie or sitting out the election because Biden this...Biden that..is just sitting on a throne of privilege.

You have a choice that minorities in this country dont have in 2020. They have no choice but to vote anti-Trump.

Even today, he called Black Lives Matter a symbol of hatred. This is the America that we live in today. And there are people who feel that they can NOT utilize their power to vote this evil man out.

excellent point



is it? your a numbers guy so what was the numbers of minorties who voted in 2016? i remember reading it was a low turnout. Unless Musiq was talking about everyone and not just the very popular way privilege is thrown around today. In that case i agree.

I live in a red state and would probably vote 3rd party if i have that option this time around. But i have always voted, in my simple way i tell myself either vote or dont complain.

he's saying that the minorities who DO generally vote don't have the privilege of saying "eh, i'm not a big biden fan, so i'm gonna sit this one out or vote 3rd party." because there's a blatant racist in the white house right now. but white progressives should be very cognizant of that as well
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
Posts: 29,259
And1: 6,193
Joined: Nov 28, 2005
Location: Chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1124 » by musiqsoulchild » Fri Jul 3, 2020 5:34 am

dice wrote:
jc23 wrote:
dice wrote:excellent point



is it? your a numbers guy so what was the numbers of minorties who voted in 2016? i remember reading it was a low turnout. Unless Musiq was talking about everyone and not just the very popular way privilege is thrown around today. In that case i agree.

I live in a red state and would probably vote 3rd party if i have that option this time around. But i have always voted, in my simple way i tell myself either vote or dont complain.

he's saying that the minorities who DO generally vote don't have the privilege of saying "eh, i'm not a big biden fan, so i'm gonna sit this one out or vote 3rd party." because there's a blatant racist in the white house right now. but white progressives should be very cognizant of that as well


Yep!

I am talking specifically to white progressives who will find some flaw in Biden.

If that happened in Detroit and Philly and as a result voter turnout is depressed...then Trump is the President again.

That's a choice that's unfathomable for most people of color.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
Posts: 29,259
And1: 6,193
Joined: Nov 28, 2005
Location: Chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1125 » by musiqsoulchild » Fri Jul 3, 2020 5:40 am

jc23 wrote:
dice wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
The whole " The system is broken" is a diversionary tactic.

Think about it...this is why we had WW2.

Democratic Socialism vs. Nationalistic Fascism

In the end, Capitalism ( US) versus Communism (USSR) remained. And the Cold War lasted for 40 years.

The world has always been full of binary choices. To somehow pretend like that's the end of all hope as we know it is silly.

Anyone who is thinking of voting Bernie or sitting out the election because Biden this...Biden that..is just sitting on a throne of privilege.

You have a choice that minorities in this country dont have in 2020. They have no choice but to vote anti-Trump.

Even today, he called Black Lives Matter a symbol of hatred. This is the America that we live in today. And there are people who feel that they can NOT utilize their power to vote this evil man out.

excellent point



is it? your a numbers guy so what was the numbers of minorties who voted in 2016? i remember reading it was a low turnout. Unless Musiq was talking about everyone and not just the very popular way privilege is thrown around today. In that case i agree.

I live in a red state and would probably vote 3rd party if i have that option this time around. But i have always voted, in my simple way i tell myself either vote or dont complain.


I am talking about everyone JC.

Especially on the progressive side.

It's not enough to cast a TEPID vote for Biden. It has to be a rabid 4 months of hard work to defeat Trump.

Hillary didnt lose because Trump had a better message. She lost because progressives were lukewarm in their acceptance of her. As were Black voters.

We cant afford that with Biden. Especially now that we know how Trump is. And who he is.
User avatar
Susan
RealGM
Posts: 17,614
And1: 4,559
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: jackfinn & Scott May appreciation society
     

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1126 » by Susan » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:55 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
jc23 wrote:
dice wrote:excellent point



is it? your a numbers guy so what was the numbers of minorties who voted in 2016? i remember reading it was a low turnout. Unless Musiq was talking about everyone and not just the very popular way privilege is thrown around today. In that case i agree.

I live in a red state and would probably vote 3rd party if i have that option this time around. But i have always voted, in my simple way i tell myself either vote or dont complain.


I am talking about everyone JC.

Especially on the progressive side.

It's not enough to cast a TEPID vote for Biden. It has to be a rabid 4 months of hard work to defeat Trump.

Hillary didnt lose because Trump had a better message. She lost because progressives were lukewarm in their acceptance of her. As were Black voters.

We cant afford that with Biden. Especially now that we know how Trump is. And who he is.


Get out of here. She didn't even step foot in WI and lost there, blame blacks in Milwaukee all you want or leftists, it was HER fault that she was above campaigning. Biden's running the same plan (and the world is in a DRASTICALLY different space right now but if he loses, maybe the establishment Dems should look in the mirror before pointing their fingers at everybody else.
I made a drink company. www.wearebesteas.com - trying to push unsweetened drinks forward and make them accessible and affordable for everyone.
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1127 » by dice » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:58 pm

Susan wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
jc23 wrote:
is it? your a numbers guy so what was the numbers of minorties who voted in 2016? i remember reading it was a low turnout. Unless Musiq was talking about everyone and not just the very popular way privilege is thrown around today. In that case i agree.

I live in a red state and would probably vote 3rd party if i have that option this time around. But i have always voted, in my simple way i tell myself either vote or dont complain.


I am talking about everyone JC.

Especially on the progressive side.

It's not enough to cast a TEPID vote for Biden. It has to be a rabid 4 months of hard work to defeat Trump.

Hillary didnt lose because Trump had a better message. She lost because progressives were lukewarm in their acceptance of her. As were Black voters.

We cant afford that with Biden. Especially now that we know how Trump is. And who he is.


Get out of here. She didn't even step foot in WI and lost there, blame blacks in Milwaukee all you want or leftists, it was HER fault that she was above campaigning. Biden's running the same plan (and the world is in a DRASTICALLY different space right now but if he loses, maybe the establishment Dems should look in the mirror before pointing their fingers at everybody else.

that only partly explains why she lost the state of wisconsin. one state. and it wasn't because she was "above campaigning." she was just campaigning elsewhere for strategic reasons (that may have been bad). and she's simply not the skilled retail politician that her husband is. but hillary works her ass off at everything she does
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 53,354
And1: 17,449
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1128 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Jul 6, 2020 12:43 pm

Susan wrote:
Get out of here. She didn't even step foot in WI and lost there, blame blacks in Milwaukee all you want or leftists, it was HER fault that she was above campaigning. Biden's running the same plan (and the world is in a DRASTICALLY different space right now but if he loses, maybe the establishment Dems should look in the mirror before pointing their fingers at everybody else.


She campaigned pretty extensively in Pennsylvania and lost there. In Wisconsin she received more votes tha Russ Feingold, and only lost to Trump by something like 23k votes with Stein and Johnson pulling 5% combined.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Jimako10
Veteran
Posts: 2,696
And1: 984
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
   

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1129 » by Jimako10 » Mon Jul 6, 2020 2:07 pm

Since we are talking about elections and how we got to being so partisan, Hasan Minhaj did a pretty good job explaining the current state of the system on his show recently. The Lindsay Graham part had me rolling....

dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1130 » by dice » Tue Jul 7, 2020 1:32 am

trump will not allow activists to travel to other countries and tear down statues:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-claims-it-will-protect-brazils-jesus-monument-2020-7
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
2018C3
Junior
Posts: 441
And1: 293
Joined: Jul 14, 2018
   

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1131 » by 2018C3 » Tue Jul 7, 2020 3:48 am

dice wrote:trump will not allow activists to travel to other countries and tear down statues:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-claims-it-will-protect-brazils-jesus-monument-2020-7


Bizarre.

_____________________________________________________________

What is relevant is to our local location is 119 people have been shot in Chicago since the start of July, that is just sick! What really needs to happen is the local community needs to stand up and work with law enforcement, and protest this crap.

More positive stories from activists like this need to be told, and shared in the local and national media. So they could get there own following.

User avatar
Michael Jackson
RealGM
Posts: 15,051
And1: 1,774
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1132 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:37 am

2018C3 wrote:
dice wrote:trump will not allow activists to travel to other countries and tear down statues:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-claims-it-will-protect-brazils-jesus-monument-2020-7


Bizarre.

_____________________________________________________________

What is relevant is to our local location is 119 people have been shot in Chicago since the start of July, that is just sick! What really needs to happen is the local community needs to stand up and work with law enforcement, and protest this crap.

More positive stories from activists like this need to be told, and shared in the local and national media. So they could get there own following.



The situation in Chicago is so heartbreaking.
User avatar
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
Posts: 6,577
And1: 1,455
Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Location: ★ ★ ★ ★
Contact:
 

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1133 » by SHO'NUFF » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 am

dice wrote:
jc23 wrote:
dice wrote:excellent point



is it? your a numbers guy so what was the numbers of minorties who voted in 2016? i remember reading it was a low turnout. Unless Musiq was talking about everyone and not just the very popular way privilege is thrown around today. In that case i agree.

I live in a red state and would probably vote 3rd party if i have that option this time around. But i have always voted, in my simple way i tell myself either vote or dont complain.

he's saying that the minorities who DO generally vote don't have the privilege of saying "eh, i'm not a big biden fan, so i'm gonna sit this one out or vote 3rd party." because there's a blatant racist in the white house right now. but white progressives should be very cognizant of that as well



No....there’s not. Follow some black conservatives on Instagram. Follow some Hispanic conservatives on Instagram. Listen to their side for a change. What’s wrong? Are they uncle toms to you? ...why would they support a “blatant racist”?

Are you one of those guys, Dice?... musiqsoulchild? Why do blacks and Hispanics like this “evil racist man“?


https://instagram.com/allenbwest?igshid=8plghgb3g1n4


https://instagram.com/davidjharrisjr?igshid=ixo8gn0kdzdg


https://instagram.com/realcandaceowens?igshid=hdot5rjo0jgh


https://instagram.com/theofficertatum?igshid=52ezsi9hulzu


https://instagram.com/terrencekwilliams?igshid=1vjzk97nc7ex6


https://instagram.com/blackconservativemovement?igshid=1dwr1j1l0ci2j


https://instagram.com/joyvilla?igshid=13z1xqzua3is6


https://instagram.com/officer_lew?igshid=10xwewqx5dqth


https://instagram.com/officialhodgetwins?igshid=t9o7rrwjyptr


https://instagram.com/robsmithonline?igshid=esqr3xsumktd


https://instagram.com/uniquely_conservative?igshid=1qg07pfi8yzcz


https://instagram.com/larryeldershow?igshid=8dl024eta9gl


https://instagram.com/annanashe?igshid=q9bbfb8iqvy0


https://instagram.com/montaga?igshid=4bhrctdlpemk


https://instagram.com/titoortiz1999?igshid=1kox5enetr4vh


https://instagram.com/theangelastanton?igshid=dikg1p986rlt


https://instagram.com/diamondandsilk?igshid=187rl41dewxxh


https://instagram.com/therealisaiahwashington?igshid=1ls80c80vioqf


https://instagram.com/thedamanifelder?igshid=8kr3sig9crv5


https://instagram.com/realshekinah?igshid=


https://instagram.com/thevincedao?igshid=91cy1f95mh97


https://instagram.com/chandler.crump?igshid=vauj8r7hg7ei


https://instagram.com/latinoswithtrump?igshid=139s0b7jn40gz


https://instagram.com/brysoncreates?igshid=awvgtlgoi97r


https://instagram.com/staceydash?igshid=xapbwetf6ry2


https://instagram.com/livesmatterofficial?igshid=ddj4dq9t2dnz


https://instagram.com/semore_views?igshid=191jiwatch6xq


There’s a lot more. Just ask. ......I guess “they ain’t black.”
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
User avatar
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
Posts: 6,577
And1: 1,455
Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Location: ★ ★ ★ ★
Contact:
 

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1134 » by SHO'NUFF » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:02 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
2018C3 wrote:
dice wrote:trump will not allow activists to travel to other countries and tear down statues:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-claims-it-will-protect-brazils-jesus-monument-2020-7


Bizarre.

_____________________________________________________________

What is relevant is to our local location is 119 people have been shot in Chicago since the start of July, that is just sick! What really needs to happen is the local community needs to stand up and work with law enforcement, and protest this crap.

More positive stories from activists like this need to be told, and shared in the local and national media. So they could get there own following.



The situation in Chicago is so heartbreaking.



Problem is....people should be past heartbroken. Just like all the anger at the 1% of bad cops..... they’re past heartbroken....they’re angry.

How about that same anger towards the violence in inner cities all across America? Why aren’t they saying their names...those children mattered. But why do they not matter to celebrities & professional athletes? Why don’t the leaders of these cities give a ****? Where is the movement?? This happens ALL THE TIME! Where are all the big corporations? Does this not fit their agenda? If we gave half the energy to addressing these devastating issues plaguing our inner cities then MAYBE we’d see a change by putting pressure on these local “leaders”. Those children mattered too.

There’s a big difference between local DJs making noise & celebrities/athletes/& big corporations making noise.

The response to inner city deaths: “so sad. RIP. smh”

The response to the tiny percentage of bad cops: “This is bulls**t. **** those pigs they deserve to die. They’re killing us.”

That’s a problem.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
2018C3
Junior
Posts: 441
And1: 293
Joined: Jul 14, 2018
   

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1135 » by 2018C3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:03 am

What needs to return to politics is mutual respect.

We as American people need to learn to accept other view points, and tackle all are differences like intellectual adults in informed voting.

What is happening in division politics today is embarrassing, Neither side cares one bit about the population effected, and is only concerned about there own grab share of power.

This is how presidential debates used to go, smart and witty.



Not what we see today, with dumb founded political attacks / tweets / and insults.

I have found that whenever I have conflicts with other people, politeness always works, As soon as one party gets ignorant things can often go sour with most people.

As a example, when I have a problem with a online purchase, where the other party does not know my race, I remain polite though all conversations, and 99.9% of the time we reach a conclusion that works.

In negotiations, I have even converted complete crap heads over by remaining polite, while not receiving the same courtesy in return.

As soon as cursing gets dropped, I know for sure you are a dumb, but wont return the jester.
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1136 » by dice » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:14 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:
dice wrote:
jc23 wrote:
is it? your a numbers guy so what was the numbers of minorties who voted in 2016? i remember reading it was a low turnout. Unless Musiq was talking about everyone and not just the very popular way privilege is thrown around today. In that case i agree.

I live in a red state and would probably vote 3rd party if i have that option this time around. But i have always voted, in my simple way i tell myself either vote or dont complain.

he's saying that the minorities who DO generally vote don't have the privilege of saying "eh, i'm not a big biden fan, so i'm gonna sit this one out or vote 3rd party." because there's a blatant racist in the white house right now. but white progressives should be very cognizant of that as well



No....there’s not.

yeah...there is. sho'nuff. anyone who doesn't recognize by now is willfully blind. and yes, that includes anybody of color (i'm sure there are thousands of such people on instagram, which has a billion damn accounts). there is even an organization called 'black voices for trump.' its advisory board includes:

-kevin and keith hodge, who encourage viewers to "take advantage" of women ("you gotta get aggressive with these women"). but you can be a sociopath like trump when you hide behind the american flag like trump, right?



-clarence mason weaver, who apparently has an axe to grind with women. regarding women who dare to have jobs rather than stay home with the kids: "so, ladies, how are your children doing? your lack of family time, raising and nurturing them has done great harm to them." regarding women with "masculine" traits: "we don't care how smart you are. we don't care how strong you are. we don't care. it is masculine. you look like a dude. you talk like a dude"



-rev. CL bryant, who believes that welfare results in "economic slavery." somehow he doesn't see the inappropriateness of anyone, let alone a black person, comparing accepting money from the government in order to survive to forcible, abusive labor and literally being owned by your employer

-paston dean nelson, who promotes the discredited conspiracy theory that planned parenthood doesn't want black women to have babies. ben carson (member of trump's cabinet) and herman cain have both peddled the same garbage

as for the evidence that trump is a racist:

-he was was once sued for refusing to rent to black people...by nixon's justice department

-an employee at trump's castle in the '80s says that when donald and ivana went to the casino, the bosses would order all the black employees into the back

-he makes completely specious arguments regarding black unemployment, pretending that relatively low black unemployment is somehow proof that he is not racist. a non-racist would not make such an argument. because black unemployment trends plainly cannot somehow be disconnected from overall unemployment trends by a president

-he defends the existence of confederate statues that were not put up until the civil rights era (obviously not a coincidence)

-he demands that a black man apologize for reporting finding a noose being used as a door pull in the garage he was assigned

-he employs "white nationalists" in his administration

-he called mexican immigrants criminals and rapists ("and i'm sure that some of them are good people"). reality: the vast majority of mexican immigrants are good people. probably more so than white americans due to being humbled by their circumstances

-former president of trump casino quoting trump regarding a black accountant: "black guys counting my money! i hate it...i think that the guy is lazy. and it's probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. it really is, i believe that. it's not anything they can control." trump, in a rare slip-up of honesty during a 1997 playboy interview: "the stuff o'donnell wrote about me is probably true"

-at the same location both black men and all female dealers were transferred off tables to accommodate a regular high stakes gambler

-ran ads falsely claiming that a native american tribe looking to compete with his casinos had a "record of criminal activity that is well documented"

-said that native americans who "don't look like indians to me" shouldn't be permitted to operate casinos

-when a group of minority teens was accused of raping a white jogger in NYC, trump immediately ran an ad in local papers demanding to bring back the death penalty. there was no physical evidence, but the witch hunt resulted in their conviction. DNA evidence later proved that they were not involved, but only after they spent many years in prison. when asked about it while running for president, the racist sicko donald trump said that he still believes they are guilty. because...?

-publicly suggested a whites vs blacks version of the apprentice

-has the political support of major racists and organizations like david duke and the KKK. he has not disavowed their support, even going so far as to pretend not to know who duke is. "[the charlottesville rally was meant] to fulfill the promises of donald trump" - david duke

-regularly retweets messages from white supremacists and neo-nazis, including this one (he later said he didn't hear the "white power" part):



-built a political base through birtherism

-said that a judge overseeing a lawsuit against him should recuse himself because of his mexican heritage. "the textbook definition of a racist comment" - recent GOP house speaker paul ryan

-has regularly attacked nfl players protesting systemic racism

-with regard to haitian and african immigrants, asked "why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?" rather than countries like norway

-reportedly said that haitian immigrants "all have AIDS" and that those from nigeria would "never go back to their huts" if they saw america

-suggested that 4 minority congresswomen should "go back" to their homelands. a common racist trope. 3 of the 4 happen to have been born here

now, you can choose to skate around all that stuff. and bend yourself in a pretzel in an attempt to defend it. and i'm sure you'll do both (maybe by saying something like "oh, he's just playing to his base...and is willing to discriminate against minorities when it benefits him financially...but that's not where his heart is at." or "he's bigoted, but not racist."). because you're psychologically locked in to the fairy tale that trump is not a racist. and nobody wants to snap back into reality from their fairy tale state of mind. me, i'll rationally accept all of those things as part of the mountain of ever-growing evidence, anecdotal and otherwise, that trump does not view black people and hispanics as being on the same plane as white people. i'm a liberal by american standards, but i've never thought that the bush family or reagan were racists even though both hewed closely to the racist "southern strategy." but trump is very different. it's not some unfortunate misunderstanding

but you know what the clearest indication of all is that he's a racist? it's when he says "i'm the least racist person." nobody who's not a racist talks like that. and trump does that kind of thing regularly. he thinks if he goes completely in the opposite direction of reality that it's more convincing. it ain't

there have also been studies proving the obvious: that racism is a significant driver of trump's political base

p.s.: you clearly don't know what an "uncle tom" is. it's NOT merely a black person who doesn't recognize that a white person is a racist. it's a black person who purposefully acts contrary to the to the best interests of his race in order to curry favor with the white power structure for personal benefit. though there's gotta be considerable overlap between the two categories
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1137 » by dice » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:The response to inner city deaths: “so sad. RIP. smh”

what have you done to protest inner city deaths? what is it that you're pretending to be upset about others NOT doing? what do you propose that people do about a gang member killing an innocent beyond expressing their condolences...and going after the killers...and advocating for more economic opportunity in dangerous neighborhoods? because all are important and all are being done, even if you haven't bothered to notice

poverty is the primary driver of violence. my guess is that you're even less willing to address that in any meaningful way than to address inappropriate police violence. so which is it? do you have a novel proposal for protesting economic inequality? or are you only pretending that it should be addressed to greater degree so that you can have a wedge against police protests?

and why bring up the inner city when violence is every bit the problem in economically disadvantaged rural or even suburban areas? a specious comparison between black gang deaths and black lives matter?

The response to the tiny percentage of bad cops: “This is bulls**t. **** those pigs they deserve to die. They’re killing us.”

so that tiny percentage of bad cops should just be...excused? or is systemic reform necessary in an attempt to eradicate them? almost everyone recognizes that the strong majority of cops are good people. it's unfortunate that not nearly everyone recognizes that those who aren't good people can poison entire units. it's a culture issue more than an individual issue. and it shouldn't be excused

but let's pretend that the problem all comes down to the "few bad apples." would you pick apples at an orchard where eating one of the few bad ones resulted in death? because i'm quite certain that i'd look into why that orchard was permitted to operate without taking appropriate steps to prevent those bad apples from getting into peoples' baskets

That’s a problem.

what's a problem is when a person advocates for some unstated action to eliminate murders committed by gang members but tries to play down the importance of combating murders being committed by goddamn societal authority figures. one of those problems is more solvable than the other. i'm sure you can figure out which

gang members are not part of the government establishment. they are widely reviled by anyone not within their ranks. comparing that terrible problem to the terrible systemic problems within many police departments is highly disingenuous...and i'm being charitable

correct responses to the black lives matter movement:

-saying the damn words (the 'too' is implied, all you "all lives matter" numbnuts)
-the "blue for black lives matter" event held by dallas police
-the police chiefs who have joined the marches in sympathy and/or spoken at them

it's pretty ironic that the same political persuasion that tends to decry unions in general is not gung ho about opposing the police union practice of defending the caliber of people whose actions lead to these protests in the first place
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
User avatar
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
Posts: 6,577
And1: 1,455
Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Location: ★ ★ ★ ★
Contact:
 

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1138 » by SHO'NUFF » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:43 am

dice wrote:
now, you can choose to skate around all that stuff. and bend yourself in a pretzel in an attempt to defend it. and i'm sure you'll do both (maybe by saying something like "oh, he's just playing to his base...and is willing to discriminate against minorities when it benefits him financially...but that's not where his heart is at." or "he's bigoted, but not racist."). because you're psychologically locked in to the fairy tale that trump is not a racist. and nobody wants to snap back into reality from their fairy tale state of mind. me, i'll rationally accept all of those things as part of the mountain of ever-growing evidence, anecdotal and otherwise, that trump does not view black people and hispanics as being on the same plane as white people. i'm a liberal by american standards, but i've never thought that the bush family or reagan were racists even though both hewed closely to the racist "southern strategy." but trump is very different. it's not some unfortunate misunderstanding

but you know what the clearest indication of all is that he's a racist? it's when he says "i'm the least racist person." nobody who's not a racist talks like that. and trump does that kind of thing regularly. he thinks if he goes completely in the opposite direction of reality that it's more convincing. it ain't

there have also been studies proving the obvious: that racism is a significant driver of trump's political base

p.s.: you clearly don't know what an "uncle tom" is. it's NOT merely a black person who doesn't recognize that a white person is a racist. it's a black person who purposefully acts contrary to the to the best interests of his race in order to curry favor with the white power structure for personal benefit. though there's gotta be considerable overlap between the two categories


Your Trump Derangement is quite amusing :lol: . Oh btw, as we discussed before.... Highway protesting... Not a good idea for some people unfortunately as of recent. Just as i predicted.

You clearly don't know the true meaning of the word "Uncle Tom" ....go read Uncle Tom's Cabin. Go learn it's history of origin. I don't know your race nor do i give a ****....but a black man who sees another black man as an "uncle tom" is same as calling him a "House N" ...in which I've heard white protesters call black police officers.

BTW, i too can post a ton of negative stuff on people who hate Trump....so you wasted your time pointing out some of those peoples "problems"

Let's get back to the point. I guess people of color LOVE racists. I bet nothing pisses you off more than to see people of color who are conservative, republicans, and trump supporters. You want to know what scares people like you? 1. Prayer 2. The Constitution 3. Free Thinkers 4. Freedom of Speech 5. Black Conservatives. If Trump was racist he'd be all for abortions....Why wouldn't a racist man support something like that? You already know how many black babies are aborted......i bet you're ok with that.

as for the evidence that trump is a racist:

-he was was once sued for refusing to rent to black people...by nixon's justice department


He said his managers tried to weed out certain kinds of tenants. “What we didn’t do was rent to welfare cases, white or black," Trump said. They entered into a consent decree settling the litigation in 1975. The agreement contained no admission of wrongdoing, but required the Trump firm to institute a series of safeguards to make sure apartments were rented without regard to race, color, religion, or sex.

-an employee at trump's castle in the '80s says that when donald and ivana went to the casino, the bosses would order all the black employees into the back


hearsay. No evidence.

-he makes completely specious arguments regarding black unemployment, pretending that relatively low black unemployment is somehow proof that he is not racist. a non-racist would not make such an argument. because black unemployment trends plainly cannot somehow be disconnected from overall unemployment trends by a president


Stop it....seriously. Stop.

-he defends the existence of confederate statues that were not put up until the civil rights era (obviously not a coincidence)


I defend the existence of confederate statues. They are apart of our history. They've been up way before Trump and no one gave a **** about bringing them down then. Obama sure didn't have a problem with them. But now all of a sudden they want to take down Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, White Jesus, etc. Give me a break. We learn from our history...that's what makes this country so great....to never make those mistakes again. And don't give me that **** of comparing nazi statues to confederate statues....don't go there.

he demands that a black man apologize for reporting finding a noose being used as a door pull in the garage he was assigned


Who gives a **** if he was black. Why are you seeing color? God forbid a black man apologizes? Oh no....not a black man apologizing. Bubba and many others were wrong for their assumption until a full investigation was made. Only someone who WANTS to see race will make a garage pully a form of a racist symbol. What is wrong with people? Not everything is racist.

-he employs "white nationalists" in his administration


I wonder if their KKK card still valid?

-he called mexican immigrants criminals and rapists ("and i'm sure that some of them are good people"). reality: the vast majority of mexican immigrants are good people. probably more so than white americans due to being humbled by their circumstances


Because mexican immigrants can be criminals and rapists. You understand how human trafficking works right? Many of these young girls brought across are raped. Sure vast majority can be good but how do we know that when we don't know why they are? You understand that the cartel uses these "good people" to traffick for them. His point was to have better border security. And my god will you stop pandering to mexican immigrants...."probably more so than white americans due to being humbled by their circumstances." puuuhhhhleasse. ....man if you're white....that white superiority guilt you got is strong. From a minority to a white man.....please don't do that. It's offensive.

-former president of trump casino quoting trump regarding a black accountant: "black guys counting my money! i hate it...i think that the guy is lazy. and it's probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. it really is, i believe that. it's not anything they can control." trump, in a rare slip-up of honesty during a 1997 playboy interview: "the stuff o'donnell wrote about me is probably true"


Apparently he said he'd only let Jews count his money and no one else. All that is second hand conversation said in private...He denied it. None of this stuff would be admissible in court. I'm sure he's made racial jokes in the past in private.....I'm sure every man on earth has made a racially sensitive joke....even the pope. But apparently black people never had an issue with it then....& neither did Oprah.

-at the same location both black men and all female dealers were transferred off tables to accommodate a regular high stakes gambler


Robert LiButti was a piece of ****. He was charged with insulting black and female dealers with racial slurs. Instead of the Casino manager kicking him out....he chose to switch out the dealers. The Casino was fined for doing that.

-ran ads falsely claiming that a native american tribe looking to compete with his casinos had a "record of criminal activity that is well documented"


Who cares if they were native american? He's a businessman..... He's done worse **** to other white businessmen. If anyone competed with his business white, black, brown, etc...he'd go against them. He said the mob was connected to their casinos. Don't know how true or how false that is.

-said that native americans who "don't look like indians to me" shouldn't be permitted to operate casinos


No, he was talking about Mafia members running rampant on Native American Casinos. He said those people running the casinos "Don't look Indian to me" .....

-when a group of minority teens was accused of raping a white jogger in NYC, trump immediately ran an ad in local papers demanding to bring back the death penalty. there was no physical evidence, but the witch hunt resulted in their conviction. DNA evidence later proved that they were not involved, but only after they spent many years in prison. when asked about it while running for president, the racist sicko donald trump said that he still believes they are guilty. because...?


Yea. All that after the police made them admit they're guilty. I guess Trump and millions of people should have known that their admitted guilt was false and it was forced on them. They were forced to admit their guilt when there was no evidence to the rape. The only evidence was they were causing havoc in the streets near the incident.

-publicly suggested a whites vs blacks version of the apprentice


Oh my god...that racist son of a bitch! I'm confused...was he racist to the white people or black people? Omarosa is rolling in her grave......nm she's still alive.

-has the political support of major racists and organizations like david duke and the KKK. he has not disavowed their support, even going so far as to pretend not to know who duke is. "[the charlottesville rally was meant] to fulfill the promises of donald trump" - david duke


For **** sake. How many times does he have to denounce the KKK? Seems like the Lefties want him to denounce them every week.

Trump added: “Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to all that we hold dear as Americans.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-racism-has-no-place-in-america/2017/08/14/217214a8-810e-11e7-9e7a-20fa8d7a0db6_video.html

-regularly retweets messages from white supremacists and neo-nazis, including this one (he later said he didn't hear the "white power" part):


This was a mistake he shouldn't have made. At all. Especially on his platform. But let's say racist trump knew what he was doing when he posted that video of that one old guy yelling white power at the other old white people. Out of everything racist he could post....he chose that? "Let's completely destroy my whole presidency with one tweet to show my white power love to my fellow whities." I don't buy it. There's no excuse for letting that pass without paying more attention. He deleted it. Needs to do a better job vetting his tweets or not tweet as much. That was a very poor job on his part.


-built a political base through birtherism


He trolled him hard. Was proven wrong but went at him no doubt. He built his political base because people got tired of Obama's bulls**t. I felt Obamas divisiveness way before Trump was a thought. Hated him then and still can't stand him today. I was a Full blown Democrat when Obama was president.....he sure as hell swayed me right. Honestly, i'm thankful for that.

-said that a judge overseeing a lawsuit against him should recuse himself because of his mexican heritage. "the textbook definition of a racist comment" - recent GOP house speaker paul ryan


"And we haven’t asked for a recusal, which we may do. But we have a judge who’s very hostile."
That judge has a long history with Trump. He's the one that set up a class action lawsuit against Trump and Trump University. He was an Obama appointee. Trump felt there was a lot of bias because he's gone against him numerous times in the past, being Obama appointee, and against the Trump Wall especially because of his Mexican heritage. Trump felt that because of all those things he'd never get an equal shot with that judge.

Trump tells his crowd: I have a judge who is a hater of Donald trump. He’s a hater. His name is Gonzalo Curial. And he is not doing the right thing. ... But I am getting railroaded by a legal system, and frankly they should be ashamed. I will be here in November. Hey, if I win as president, it is a civil case. I could have settled this case numerous times. But I don’t want to settle cases when we are right. I don’t believe in it. When you start settling cases, do you know what happens? Everybody sues you because you get known as a settler. One thing about me, I am not known as the settler. And people understand with this whole thing, with this whole deal with the lawyers, class action lawyers are the worst. It is a scam. Here is what happens. We are in front of a very hostile judge. The judge was appointed by by Barrack Obama – federal judge. [Boos]. Frankly he should recuse himself. He has given us ruling after ruling, negative, negative, negative."

-has regularly attacked nfl players protesting systemic racism


I regularly attack millionaire NFL players protesting systemic racism. Trump attacked them because of kneeling during the national anthem.


-with regard to haitian and african immigrants, asked "why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?" rather than countries like norway


My family comes from a shithole country. Not saying it doesn't make it untrue. There are a lot of shithole countries in All over the world. Would you live in one of those countries or Norway? I'd pick Norway. Oh well....i guess im racist for picking Norway.


-reportedly said that haitian immigrants "all have AIDS" and that those from nigeria would "never go back to their huts" if they saw america


"reportedly"..... I'll stop there.

-suggested that 4 minority congresswomen should "go back" to their homelands. a common racist trope. 3 of the 4 happen to have been born here


Oh... god forbid you attack minority congresswomen.... Anyway, he said and i quote: "If you're not happy in the US or you're complaining all the time, very simply you can leave. You can come back if you want, or don't come back it's up to you."

Those four congresswoman....all they do is bitch about how **** and unfair America is....well, OK if it's so bad .....Leave....GTFO and let's see how bad American really is. They can go to hell for all i care....can't stand them. A couple of them are not very fond of Jews....but who cares about that.


You want to know what's racist?....White guilt. White people who "feel sorry" for people who aren't white because their skin color is "superior" to theirs. How the hell is that not offensive? The Democrats exploit the black community....in history and today. We all know the history of the Democrats. Let's continue giving black people in inner cities handouts because it will continue making them lazy.

Welfare destroyed black families. In 1960 before the welfare state's expansion, 22% of black children were raised with only one parent. By 1985, after the welfare state's expansion, 67% of black children were raised with only one parent or no parents. By 2016, after nearly 60 years of welfare, 73% of black children were born to unmarried mothers. Why? Because welfare pays more to single mothers than married ones, encourages more out-of-wedlock births, and the rise of fatherless children leads to men and women who do not pursue a nuclear family of their own. .....Let's not forget section 8.


You want to know what some of the things BLM stand for according to their website?

-Police brutality
-The Patriarchy
-Environmental Injustice
-Economic Injustice
-Disrupting the nuclear family
-Getting rid of "hetero-normative thinking"



22% of Black Americans live in poverty
95% of Black Americans vote Democrat
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
User avatar
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
Posts: 6,577
And1: 1,455
Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Location: ★ ★ ★ ★
Contact:
 

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1139 » by SHO'NUFF » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:43 pm

dice wrote:
SHO'NUFF wrote:The response to inner city deaths: “so sad. RIP. smh”

what have you done to protest inner city deaths? what is it that you're pretending to be upset about others NOT doing? what do you propose that people do about a gang member killing an innocent beyond expressing their condolences...and going after the killers...and advocating for more economic opportunity in dangerous neighborhoods? because all are important and all are being done, even if you haven't bothered to notice


And what the hell have you done besides bitch about every little thing? Only thing i can do is what you refuse to do and that's use my social media platform to talk about it since people LIKE YOU don't give a ****. You sound like an ANTIFA Twat who hates America. READ WHAT I SAID....HOW ABOUT PEOPLE ACKNOWLEDGE IT THE SAME WAY AS THEY'RE ACKNOWLEDGING POLICE BRUTALITY? Oh, all the important things are being done? Are you that simple minded? Do you really believe what you say? Dice, sweetheart, habebe.... turn off CNN and stop Following ANTIFA on twitter.

dice wrote:poverty is the primary driver of violence. my guess is that you're even less willing to address that in any meaningful way than to address inappropriate police violence. so which is it? do you have a novel proposal for protesting economic inequality? or are you only pretending that it should be addressed to greater degree so that you can have a wedge against police protests?


What do you wan't? A socialist country? How about helping people get off of government Benefits.

Welfare destroyed black families. In 1960 before the welfare state's expansion, 22% of black children were raised with only one parent. By 1985, after the welfare state's expansion, 67% of black children were raised with only one parent or no parents. By 2016, after nearly 60 years of welfare, 73% of black children were born to unmarried mothers. Why? Because welfare pays more to single mothers than married ones, encourages more out-of-wedlock births, and the rise of fatherless children leads to men and women who do not pursue a nuclear family of their own. .....Let's not forget section 8.


dice wrote:and why bring up the inner city when violence is every bit the problem in economically disadvantaged rural or even suburban areas? a specious comparison between black gang deaths and black lives matter?


You're right. Who cares about the innocent children dying. Forgive me Dice for bringing up innner city vioience. Maybe if they were white children you'd give a ****. My bad bro. Let's not blame anyone in the inner city.....Lets blame the white man in a Democratic city run by Democrats.....for so many damn years. :lol: :crazy:


dice wrote:
The response to the tiny percentage of bad cops: “This is bulls**t. **** those pigs they deserve to die. They’re killing us.”

so that tiny percentage of bad cops should just be...excused? or is systemic reform necessary in an attempt to eradicate them? almost everyone recognizes that the strong majority of cops are good people. it's unfortunate that not nearly everyone recognizes that those who aren't good people can poison entire units. it's a culture issue more than an individual issue. and it shouldn't be excused


Why are you making up ****? Did i say excused. Cops aren't the most danger to black people. LOOK AT THE NUMBERS BUD. Open your simple minded eyes. No one is excusing the cops. Almost everyone recognizes that the strong majority of people in inner cities are good people. It's unfortunate that not nearly everyone recognizes that those who aren't good can poison an entire neighborhood. It's a culture issue more than an individual issue. and it shouldn't be excused.

dice wrote:but let's pretend that the problem all comes down to the "few bad apples." would you pick apples at an orchard where eating one of the few bad ones resulted in death? because i'm quite certain that i'd look into why that orchard was permitted to operate without taking appropriate steps to prevent those bad apples from getting into peoples' baskets

That’s a problem.

what's a problem is when a person advocates for some unstated action to eliminate murders committed by gang members but tries to play down the importance of combating murders being committed by goddamn societal authority figures. one of those problems is more solvable than the other. i'm sure you can figure out which


What's a problem is that when closet racists like you think that it's not important for celebrities, athletes, big corporations, etc to hear and acknowledge (as they are the BLM movement) to address these violent cities (the same way) where many innocent black children are dying so that they're heard loud enough where local leaders would be forced to do a better job addressing the problem rather than doing the same **** for the past 40 years. Nobody makes enough noise, which is why you see the same **** all the time...but, i wouldn't expect people who think like you to understand that.

dice wrote:gang members are not part of the government establishment. they are widely reviled by anyone not within their ranks. comparing that terrible problem to the terrible systemic problems within many police departments is highly disingenuous...and i'm being charitable[/dice]

Yes they are widely reviled by anyone not within their ranks.....are you talking about cops or gang members i got confused. Keep giving them a pass. Go look at the numbers of how many police have killed compared to violence in the inner cities. I'm seriously starting to think you're a closet racist....and I'm being charitable.

correct responses to the black lives matter movement:

-saying the damn words (the 'too' is implied, all you "all lives matter" numbnuts)
-the "blue for black lives matter" event held by dallas police
-the police chiefs who have joined the marches in sympathy and/or spoken at them

it's pretty ironic that the same political persuasion that tends to decry unions in general is not gung ho about opposing the police union practice of defending the caliber of people whose actions lead to these protests in the first place



I bet you seriously hate looking in the mirror. I honestly feel sorry for you Dice. But if you're really a closet racist like i think you possibly are....then i can't feel sorry for you.

It's not your fault.
It's not your fault.
It's not your fault.
It's not your fault.


Watch this vid Dice.... it’ll make your blood boil. Don’t worry....it’s just Morgan freemen talking a bit. It’s got other black celebs & many have their own opinion.... that might upset you.

#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1140 » by dice » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:44 pm

SHO'NUFF wrote:
dice wrote:
now, you can choose to skate around all that stuff. and bend yourself in a pretzel in an attempt to defend it. and i'm sure you'll do both (maybe by saying something like "oh, he's just playing to his base...and is willing to discriminate against minorities when it benefits him financially...but that's not where his heart is at." or "he's bigoted, but not racist."). because you're psychologically locked in to the fairy tale that trump is not a racist. and nobody wants to snap back into reality from their fairy tale state of mind. me, i'll rationally accept all of those things as part of the mountain of ever-growing evidence, anecdotal and otherwise, that trump does not view black people and hispanics as being on the same plane as white people. i'm a liberal by american standards, but i've never thought that the bush family or reagan were racists even though both hewed closely to the racist "southern strategy." but trump is very different. it's not some unfortunate misunderstanding

but you know what the clearest indication of all is that he's a racist? it's when he says "i'm the least racist person." nobody who's not a racist talks like that. and trump does that kind of thing regularly. he thinks if he goes completely in the opposite direction of reality that it's more convincing. it ain't

there have also been studies proving the obvious: that racism is a significant driver of trump's political base

p.s.: you clearly don't know what an "uncle tom" is. it's NOT merely a black person who doesn't recognize that a white person is a racist. it's a black person who purposefully acts contrary to the to the best interests of his race in order to curry favor with the white power structure for personal benefit. though there's gotta be considerable overlap between the two categories


Your Trump Derangement is quite amusing :lol:

you're parroting highly unoriginal insults, emoji boy. lulz. remember "obama derangement syndrome" (and "bush derangement syndrome"...and "hillary derangement syndrome"...)? you know, people losing their minds because a black man was elected president? he wasn't even born here! he's "other"!. now THAT's deranged. and donald trump took advantage of that racist sentiment by riding birtherism into the white house

birtherism - a racist conspiracy theory that is a stain on the nation's history. it's most prominent proponent: donald trump. it will not be forgotten. and those who supported donald trump for it are and will forever be a shameful footnote

Oh btw, as we discussed before.... Highway protesting... Not a good idea for some people unfortunately as of recent. Just as i predicted.

you're quite the stable genius. who said that highway protesting is perfectly safe? certainly not me. what i said was that it's more dangerous to attend a rally in an urban area. which should be obvious to anyone. so...months after our conversation you finally have new examples that bad things can happen at a highway protest? shocker! meanwhile, there have been countless conflicts/attacks at city marches

You clearly don't know the true meaning of the word "Uncle Tom" ....go read Uncle Tom's Cabin. Go learn it's history of origin. I don't know your race nor do i give a ****....but a black man who sees another black man as an "uncle tom" is same as calling him a "House N" ...in which I've heard white protesters call black police officers.

yes, i'm well aware of the origin of the term. and i said nothing that contradicts it. not sure what you think you're reading. what i said is that a black man not being aware that a white man is a racist does not make him an uncle tom. and nothing you just said there has anything to do with that. again: "uncle tom"s are not merely ignorant (black trump supporters who don't think he's a racist are profoundly ignorant). they are perceived as actively undermining their own race to curry favor with the white establishment for personal gain

BTW, i too can post a ton of negative stuff on people who hate Trump....so you wasted your time pointing out some of those peoples "problems"

exactly the point of my response. YOU posted random stuff by DOZENS of people, completely wasting a huge amount of your time. i posted merely 3 in response just to make a point, which clearly went straight over your head given that you're now ironically saying that i was wasting my time. so i'll say it directly this time: posting random comments from people on instagram doesn't mean ****. anybody can find random idiots. they grow on trees

get it now?

Let's get back to the point. I guess people of color LOVE racists. I bet nothing pisses you off more than to see people of color who are conservative, republicans, and trump supporters. You want to know what scares people like you? 1. Prayer 2. The Constitution 3. Free Thinkers 4. Freedom of Speech 5. Black Conservatives. If Trump was racist he'd be all for abortions....Why wouldn't a racist man support something like that? You already know how many black babies are aborted......i bet you're ok with that.

deranged commentary. for starters, i'm not a "person of color", dumbass. absolutely nothing i have posted would lead a sane person to that conclusion. and no, none of those things scare me. profoundly weird of you to bring them up. and you honestly think that pro-lifers are LESS likely to be racist? you're out of your goddamn mind. why the hell do you think that the bible belt is where all the confederate flags and statues are?

hint: southern strategy. learn something:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

and just as i predicted, you took the time to try to explain away each and every one of the countless incidents that, COMBINED, provide way more than enough evidence of trump's racism. these things don't come up for other people. as i said, and as is patently obvious to sane people, it's not just some big misunderstanding. it's a pattern of highly abnormal behavior

-he makes completely specious arguments regarding black unemployment, pretending that relatively low black unemployment is somehow proof that he is not racist. a non-racist would not make such an argument. because black unemployment trends plainly cannot somehow be disconnected from overall unemployment trends by a president


Stop it....seriously. Stop.

it's really very basic psychology. countless trump defenders bring up black unemployment. it's odd and a pretty transparent ploy

-he defends the existence of confederate statues that were not put up until the civil rights era (obviously not a coincidence)


I defend the existence of confederate statues. They are apart of our history. They've been up way before Trump and no one gave a **** about bringing them down then. Obama sure didn't have a problem with them. But now all of a sudden they want to take down Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, White Jesus, etc. Give me a break. We learn from our history...that's what makes this country so great....to never make those mistakes again. And don't give me that **** of comparing nazi statues to confederate statues....don't go there.

countless lies there. not worth responding to. anyone who supports confederate statues in the public square is vile. they belong in museums. there are countless things in this nation's history that are worthy of great shame as opposed to celebration. and statues are made to honor. we should not be honoring traitors to the country in the name of slavery any more than we should be honoring those who slaughtered native americans en masse, or david duke or joseph mccarthy or benedict any other of the countless terrible people who were "apart of our history." and it's a strange thing to suggest that we should

many of those statues were put up DURING THE CIVIL RIGHTS ERA TO INTIMIDATE BLACKS. a century after the civil war. scumbag racist tactics

he demands that a black man apologize for reporting finding a noose being used as a door pull in the garage he was assigned


Who gives a **** if he was black.

donald trump, for starters. quite plainly

God forbid a black man apologizes?

he didn't ****ing do anything wrong! someone on his team reported a goddamn NOOSE being in his garage. that it wasn't specifically intended to intimidate him doesn't make it anything other than awful. non-racists recognize that. and he didn't know its origin. nobody else was using a noose for that purpose. using a noose as a garage pull, particularly given that it is prominently visible to people outside (including black people) is inappropriate at best. that's just obvious

Only someone who WANTS to see race will make a garage pully a form of a racist symbol. What is wrong with people? Not everything is racist.

only someone who doesn't want to see race doesn't have a problem with a noose being used as a garage pull what in god's name is wrong with you?

-he employs "white nationalists" in his administration


I wonder if their KKK card still valid?

you're seriously making a joke about white supremacists being in a president's administration in the year 2020? you're a sick person, and i want nothing further to do with you or your ilk. too far gone to waste time on. incredible to me that people still turn out like this in today's america

but you've sure convinced me: donald trump is the "least racist" person. surely he's not overcompensating at all when he says that, right? if you believe that, you're just the kind of person that he duped into attending trump university

when paul ryan, a guy who did everything he could to stay silent on birtherism, says that the figurehead of the birther party is engaging in racist rhetoric, the cat out of the bag and out of town
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11

Return to Chicago Bulls