Image ImageImage Image

Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years"

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN

2018C3
Junior
Posts: 437
And1: 290
Joined: Jul 14, 2018
   

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1161 » by 2018C3 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:08 am

I think were just at a point where we have to agree to disagree on the way we both see what is going on.

Like I said, I believe in the right to protest. But once things are taken to far, which I believe we have have all seen evidence of. I personally support additional measures that need to be taken.

Anyone who commits a crime deserves to be taken into custody by force. This is why we have a judicial system.

Whether or not that judicial system is fair due to income level is a entirely different conversation, and something I agree is biased towards the rich, and needs to be addressed going forward.

I actually grew up with one of the public attorneys that was assigned to defend the Boston bomber, are parents are friends, It blew my mind that he took the case, but at the same time I believe in the courts. We were never friends, and in other age appropriate social groups. But I'm positively sure we both know each others families well.

The courts are the way to handle all these situations.

Not Riots, where more people are likely to be hurt. I believe the protesters have a social responsibility to ensure following riots do not take place.

Edit: As a example I'd like to see looters try to take over the message at a NRA funded Protest. it will never happen! Why? Because the peaceful protesters who take part would never allow that type of violence to happen. Also businesses will not board up in preparation.

This fact should give you something to think about.

If BLM wants to be legit in their beliefs, they need to take a stronger stand against the destruction that follows.

I actually agree with the premise of the words, and have no problem with that. I do have a problem with the other destructive activities that seem to tag along with the movement. I wish the organization would take a strong stand against all this, but I do not see this currently happening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like it or not, people get judged by the crowd they hang with. I experienced this first hand before. I was once invited to friends a bachelor party, but already had a date scheduled at a sporting event.

On the way back home from the sporting event I stupidly took my date to a strip club all my old friends were at. Once she met my very drunk friends it was over for me. I got dumped a few days later even though I did nothing wrong that night, and denied all the lap dances my jerk drunk friends purchased for us.

"Message to the younger guys"
. Never do this to a girl you like, even if she assures you it is "OK". Most likely nothing good will come of it.
League Circles
RealGM
Posts: 30,587
And1: 7,844
Joined: Dec 04, 2001
       

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1162 » by League Circles » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:26 pm

I haven't watched every video or read every story, but what I have read and watched about these alleged military kidnappings in Portland has not evidenced what is being claimed. It's plausible to me that these alleged military kidnappings are either staged leftist hoaxes or right wing civilian militias. If there is clear evidence that it is actually military (they deny it from what I've read) please share.
https://august-shop.com/ streetwear & sneakers
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 13,667
And1: 4,862
Joined: Jul 16, 2004
Location: Oakland

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1163 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:43 pm

League Circles wrote:I haven't watched every video or read every story, but what I have read and watched about these alleged military kidnappings in Portland has not evidenced what is being claimed. It's plausible to me that these alleged military kidnappings are either staged leftist hoaxes or right wing civilian militias. If there is clear evidence that it is actually military (they deny it from what I've read) please share.


Read on Twitter
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
2018C3
Junior
Posts: 437
And1: 290
Joined: Jul 14, 2018
   

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1165 » by 2018C3 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:52 am

1004 people were shot and killed by police in the entire USA in 2019.
____________________________________________________________

In Chicago alone 56 people have been shot in the last three days, In the last 21 days 409 people have been shot. In the year 2020 so far 2127 people have been shot in just Chicago, only 4 of those shootings were by police. and just 3 of those police shootings resulted in death.

Out of the other 2123 people shot in just Chicago, 378 have died, by the hands of other Chicago area civilians.

And for some reason the entire USA police force in now being portrayed as the bad guys in the national media. This is just ridiculous and its being portrayed this way for political reasons in a election year.

I acknowledge there are bad cops, and the bad ones need to be identified and removed from the force. (I support that), But most of them are good people who are now receiving a bad representation from the media. The media is brain washing people who are not looking up facts for themselves.

By the time people read this tomorrow morning, the Chicago shot numbers will even be higher.

________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
Just in the time it took me to make this post, the official count in Chicago has jumped to 73 in the last 3 days, and 2144 for the year. The 14 people mentioned in the previous post must have not been counted yet, and in the mean time three others were also added to count.
User avatar
Dominater
RealGM
Posts: 14,617
And1: 21,124
Joined: Jan 16, 2005
Location: NBA Hell

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1166 » by Dominater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:51 am

2018C3 wrote:I think were just at a point where we have to agree to disagree on the way we both see what is going on.

Like I said, I believe in the right to protest. But once things are taken to far, which I believe we have have all seen evidence of. I personally support additional measures that need to be taken.

Anyone who commits a crime deserves to be taken into custody by force. This is why we have a judicial system.

Whether or not that judicial system is fair due to income level is a entirely different conversation, and something I agree is biased towards the rich, and needs to be addressed going forward.

I actually grew up with one of the public attorneys that was assigned to defend the Boston bomber, are parents are friends, It blew my mind that he took the case, but at the same time I believe in the courts. We were never friends, and in other age appropriate social groups. But I'm positively sure we both know each others families well.

The courts are the way to handle all these situations.

Not Riots, where more people are likely to be hurt. I believe the protesters have a social responsibility to ensure following riots do not take place.

Edit: As a example I'd like to see looters try to take over the message at a NRA funded Protest. it will never happen! Why? Because the peaceful protesters who take part would never allow that type of violence to happen. Also businesses will not board up in preparation.

This fact should give you something to think about.

If BLM wants to be legit in their beliefs, they need to take a stronger stand against the destruction that follows.

I actually agree with the premise of the words, and have no problem with that. I do have a problem with the other destructive activities that seem to tag along with the movement. I wish the organization would take a strong stand against all this, but I do not see this currently happening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like it or not, people get judged by the crowd they hang with. I experienced this first hand before. I was once invited to friends a bachelor party, but already had a date scheduled at a sporting event.

On the way back home from the sporting event I stupidly took my date to a strip club all my old friends were at. Once she met my very drunk friends it was over for me. I got dumped a few days later even though I did nothing wrong that night, and denied all the lap dances my jerk drunk friends purchased for us.

"Message to the younger guys"
. Never do this to a girl you like, even if she assures you it is "OK". Most likely nothing good will come of it.

You took your date To a strip club? That might explain why she dumped you moreso than your friends being there lol
Didn't like the Coby White pick. Preferred Rui. Now go out and make me look stupid Coby!
mack2354
Junior
Posts: 452
And1: 269
Joined: Jun 03, 2013
       

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1167 » by mack2354 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:33 pm

2018C3 wrote:1004 people were shot and killed by police in the entire USA in 2019.
____________________________________________________________

In Chicago alone 56 people have been shot in the last three days, In the last 21 days 409 people have been shot. In the year 2020 so far 2127 people have been shot in just Chicago, only 4 of those shootings were by police. and just 3 of those police shootings resulted in death.

Out of the other 2123 people shot in just Chicago, 378 have died, by the hands of other Chicago area civilians.

And for some reason the entire USA police force in now being portrayed as the bad guys in the national media. This is just ridiculous and its being portrayed this way for political reasons in a election year.

I acknowledge there are bad cops, and the bad ones need to be identified and removed from the force. (I support that), But most of them are good people who are now receiving a bad representation from the media. The media is brain washing people who are not looking up facts for themselves.

By the time people read this tomorrow morning, the Chicago shot numbers will even be higher.

________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
Just in the time it took me to make this post, the official count in Chicago has jumped to 73 in the last 3 days, and 2144 for the year. The 14 people mentioned in the previous post must have not been counted yet, and in the mean time three others were also added to count.
When civilians shoot other civilians in Chicago they get arrested, charged, convicted, then sent to prison.

When police officers shoot civilians it usually doesn't result in prison.

The violence in Chicago has NOTHING to do with BLM and why people are protesting. One problem doesn't make a completely separate problem okay.

You sound like one of those people who think it's okay for white people to say the N word because black people say it to each other. " Uh, black people in Chicago shoot each other by the thousands so uh it should be no big deal if cops shoot a few from time to time uh" - 2018C3

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Dominater
RealGM
Posts: 14,617
And1: 21,124
Joined: Jan 16, 2005
Location: NBA Hell

Re: Just Sad, 

Post#1168 » by Dominater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:23 pm

mack2354 wrote:
2018C3 wrote:1004 people were shot and killed by police in the entire USA in 2019.
____________________________________________________________

In Chicago alone 56 people have been shot in the last three days, In the last 21 days 409 people have been shot. In the year 2020 so far 2127 people have been shot in just Chicago, only 4 of those shootings were by police. and just 3 of those police shootings resulted in death.

Out of the other 2123 people shot in just Chicago, 378 have died, by the hands of other Chicago area civilians.

And for some reason the entire USA police force in now being portrayed as the bad guys in the national media. This is just ridiculous and its being portrayed this way for political reasons in a election year.

I acknowledge there are bad cops, and the bad ones need to be identified and removed from the force. (I support that), But most of them are good people who are now receiving a bad representation from the media. The media is brain washing people who are not looking up facts for themselves.

By the time people read this tomorrow morning, the Chicago shot numbers will even be higher.

________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
Just in the time it took me to make this post, the official count in Chicago has jumped to 73 in the last 3 days, and 2144 for the year. The 14 people mentioned in the previous post must have not been counted yet, and in the mean time three others were also added to count.
When civilians shoot other civilians in Chicago they get arrested, charged, convicted, then sent to prison.

When police officers shoot civilians it usually doesn't result in prison.

The violence in Chicago has NOTHING to do with BLM and why people are protesting. One problem doesn't make a completely separate problem okay.

You sound like one of those people who think it's okay for white people to say the N word because black people say it to each other. " Uh, black people in Chicago shoot each other by the thousands so uh it should be no big deal if cops shoot a few from time to time uh" - 2018C3

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Actually, im pretty sure that most don't get convicted and sent to jail. Due to lack of cooperation from the community, most murders go unsolved. If the shooters and murderers were being put away, we would be seeing a lot less shootings and murders.
Didn't like the Coby White pick. Preferred Rui. Now go out and make me look stupid Coby!
2018C3
Junior
Posts: 437
And1: 290
Joined: Jul 14, 2018
   

Re: Just Sad, 

Post#1169 » by 2018C3 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:20 am

mack2354 wrote:
2018C3 wrote:1004 people were shot and killed by police in the entire USA in 2019.
____________________________________________________________

In Chicago alone 56 people have been shot in the last three days, In the last 21 days 409 people have been shot. In the year 2020 so far 2127 people have been shot in just Chicago, only 4 of those shootings were by police. and just 3 of those police shootings resulted in death.

Out of the other 2123 people shot in just Chicago, 378 have died, by the hands of other Chicago area civilians.

And for some reason the entire USA police force in now being portrayed as the bad guys in the national media. This is just ridiculous and its being portrayed this way for political reasons in a election year.

I acknowledge there are bad cops, and the bad ones need to be identified and removed from the force. (I support that), But most of them are good people who are now receiving a bad representation from the media. The media is brain washing people who are not looking up facts for themselves.

By the time people read this tomorrow morning, the Chicago shot numbers will even be higher.

________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
Just in the time it took me to make this post, the official count in Chicago has jumped to 73 in the last 3 days, and 2144 for the year. The 14 people mentioned in the previous post must have not been counted yet, and in the mean time three others were also added to count.
When civilians shoot other civilians in Chicago they get arrested, charged, convicted, then sent to prison.

When police officers shoot civilians it usually doesn't result in prison.

The violence in Chicago has NOTHING to do with BLM and why people are protesting. One problem doesn't make a completely separate problem okay.

You sound like one of those people who think it's okay for white people to say the N word because black people say it to each other. " Uh, black people in Chicago shoot each other by the thousands so uh it should be no big deal if cops shoot a few from time to time uh" - 2018C3

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app



I 100% agree with these two comments:

"One problem doesn't make a completely separate problem okay. "

and also

"When police officers shoot civilians it usually doesn't result in prison."

More work needs to be done in improving these area's.

There are bad cops, just like bad doctors, bad lawyers, and just bad people in all professions. There will always will be as certain percentage of the population who are not good examples.

I just don't like to see the cherry picking of stats to project the actions of a few bad people upon a whole group of the rest of the law abiding population.

I have a belief that the majority of the population regardless of race are good people. I think its terrible to project the actions of a just a few onto the rest.
2018C3
Junior
Posts: 437
And1: 290
Joined: Jul 14, 2018
   

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1170 » by 2018C3 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:28 am

Dominater wrote:
2018C3 wrote:I think were just at a point where we have to agree to disagree on the way we both see what is going on.

Like I said, I believe in the right to protest. But once things are taken to far, which I believe we have have all seen evidence of. I personally support additional measures that need to be taken.

Anyone who commits a crime deserves to be taken into custody by force. This is why we have a judicial system.

Whether or not that judicial system is fair due to income level is a entirely different conversation, and something I agree is biased towards the rich, and needs to be addressed going forward.

I actually grew up with one of the public attorneys that was assigned to defend the Boston bomber, are parents are friends, It blew my mind that he took the case, but at the same time I believe in the courts. We were never friends, and in other age appropriate social groups. But I'm positively sure we both know each others families well.

The courts are the way to handle all these situations.

Not Riots, where more people are likely to be hurt. I believe the protesters have a social responsibility to ensure following riots do not take place.

Edit: As a example I'd like to see looters try to take over the message at a NRA funded Protest. it will never happen! Why? Because the peaceful protesters who take part would never allow that type of violence to happen. Also businesses will not board up in preparation.

This fact should give you something to think about.

If BLM wants to be legit in their beliefs, they need to take a stronger stand against the destruction that follows.

I actually agree with the premise of the words, and have no problem with that. I do have a problem with the other destructive activities that seem to tag along with the movement. I wish the organization would take a strong stand against all this, but I do not see this currently happening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like it or not, people get judged by the crowd they hang with. I experienced this first hand before. I was once invited to friends a bachelor party, but already had a date scheduled at a sporting event.

On the way back home from the sporting event I stupidly took my date to a strip club all my old friends were at. Once she met my very drunk friends it was over for me. I got dumped a few days later even though I did nothing wrong that night, and denied all the lap dances my jerk drunk friends purchased for us.

"Message to the younger guys"
. Never do this to a girl you like, even if she assures you it is "OK". Most likely nothing good will come of it.

You took your date To a strip club? That might explain why she dumped you moreso than your friends being there lol


It wasn't just a date, but a 3-4 month girl friend, and when I told her about my friends bachelor party, it was she that suggested we should stop by. Once we got there, and she met my friends in a drunken state. I think she seen a little more than she was ready for.

This situation also happened about 20 years ago.
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, 

Post#1171 » by dice » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:00 am

Dominater wrote:
mack2354 wrote:
2018C3 wrote:1004 people were shot and killed by police in the entire USA in 2019.
____________________________________________________________

In Chicago alone 56 people have been shot in the last three days, In the last 21 days 409 people have been shot. In the year 2020 so far 2127 people have been shot in just Chicago, only 4 of those shootings were by police. and just 3 of those police shootings resulted in death.

Out of the other 2123 people shot in just Chicago, 378 have died, by the hands of other Chicago area civilians.

And for some reason the entire USA police force in now being portrayed as the bad guys in the national media. This is just ridiculous and its being portrayed this way for political reasons in a election year.

I acknowledge there are bad cops, and the bad ones need to be identified and removed from the force. (I support that), But most of them are good people who are now receiving a bad representation from the media. The media is brain washing people who are not looking up facts for themselves.

By the time people read this tomorrow morning, the Chicago shot numbers will even be higher.

________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
Just in the time it took me to make this post, the official count in Chicago has jumped to 73 in the last 3 days, and 2144 for the year. The 14 people mentioned in the previous post must have not been counted yet, and in the mean time three others were also added to count.
When civilians shoot other civilians in Chicago they get arrested, charged, convicted, then sent to prison.

When police officers shoot civilians it usually doesn't result in prison.

The violence in Chicago has NOTHING to do with BLM and why people are protesting. One problem doesn't make a completely separate problem okay.

You sound like one of those people who think it's okay for white people to say the N word because black people say it to each other. " Uh, black people in Chicago shoot each other by the thousands so uh it should be no big deal if cops shoot a few from time to time uh" - 2018C3

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Actually, im pretty sure that most don't get convicted and sent to jail. Due to lack of cooperation from the community, most murders go unsolved. If the shooters and murderers were being put away, we would be seeing a lot less shootings and murders.

you're diverting from the point he is trying to make. feel free to amend his statement to "when civilians shoot other civilians and are apprehended"

regardless, there is rightfully a different standard when it comes to a cop killing a civilian. because unlike civilian vs civilian, when a cop kills someone it is rarely due to severe lack of judgment and even more rarely committed with ill intent. we have to be careful not to take someone's life away from them simply because they made a poor split-second decision due to being put in a position that they never would have been in had they not been serving the public
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1172 » by dice » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:34 am

2018C3 wrote:1004 people were shot and killed by police in the entire USA in 2019.
____________________________________________________________

In Chicago alone 56 people have been shot in the last three days, In the last 21 days 409 people have been shot. In the year 2020 so far 2127 people have been shot in just Chicago, only 4 of those shootings were by police. and just 3 of those police shootings resulted in death.

Out of the other 2123 people shot in just Chicago, 378 have died, by the hands of other Chicago area civilians.

why are you pretending that the number of deaths at the hands of civilians should be comparable to the number of deaths at the hands of police? obviously the latter is going to be a drastically smaller number, particularly given that, you know, there are several tens of millions of civilians who own guns vs less than a million cops

you say that around 1,000 people were killed by under a million police officers last year. well, there were around 14,000 people fatally shot by civilians last year. which means that there are like 4 times more killings committed by cops per capita. does that mean that cops are less responsible gun users than civilians or something? of course not. all of these numbers require CONTEXT. just throwing out numbers showing that far more civilians kill people than police do is totally meaningless. because it's entirely to be expected in a country awash with guns. and because there will always be far more criminals than cops (a reduction in criminals would result in smaller police forces)

And for some reason the entire USA police force in now being portrayed as the bad guys in the national media. This is just ridiculous and its being portrayed this way for political reasons in a election year.

what's ridiculous is your perception that that the entire police force is being portrayed as bad guys

But most of them are good people who are now receiving a bad representation from the media.

who? who are these good cops that are getting a bad rap in the media?

when a cop is killed in the line of duty there is rightfully a story on the news honoring him or her. when a cop is involved in a controversial killing...there is rightfully a story on that in the news as well. what are you looking for, exactly? more news stories about cops rescuing kittens from trees? more cop shows (certainly no shortage of those over the years)?

bad things dominate the news. maybe there should be more balance. but it's certainly not a phenomena that is restricted to coverage of police

things that happen regularly (police doing their jobs appropriately) are simply not newsworthy
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1173 » by dice » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:54 am

2018C3 wrote:Anyone who commits a crime deserves to be taken into custody by force. This is why we have a judicial system

:noway:

nobody is arguing otherwise! that's part of the job description of local police forces. that's not what we're talking about here. we're talking about anonymous kidnappings. people being thrown in unmarked cars by people who cannot even be trusted to be legitimate government employees

again, would you consent to being thrown into an unmarked car by masked individuals who do not show you identification? you would have no earthly idea what was going to happen to you. the only difference between what's happening in portland and what the KKK used to do to black people is that when the KKK came for you, you KNEW that it was going to end terribly. but in both cases it's terrorism. and terrorism for show is surely part of the intent. it's trump getting to partly fulfill his wet dream by pretending to be a authoritarian tough guy (while hiding behind secret service protection thousands of miles away from the action). i don't think it's a coincidence that this is an election year either. nor that it comes at a moment in time that he's rightfully getting terrible reviews for his management of a pandemic. he's desperate
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 12,920
And1: 6,250
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Just Sad, 

Post#1174 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:22 am

mack2354 wrote:
2018C3 wrote:1004 people were shot and killed by police in the entire USA in 2019.
____________________________________________________________

In Chicago alone 56 people have been shot in the last three days, In the last 21 days 409 people have been shot. In the year 2020 so far 2127 people have been shot in just Chicago, only 4 of those shootings were by police. and just 3 of those police shootings resulted in death.

Out of the other 2123 people shot in just Chicago, 378 have died, by the hands of other Chicago area civilians.

And for some reason the entire USA police force in now being portrayed as the bad guys in the national media. This is just ridiculous and its being portrayed this way for political reasons in a election year.

I acknowledge there are bad cops, and the bad ones need to be identified and removed from the force. (I support that), But most of them are good people who are now receiving a bad representation from the media. The media is brain washing people who are not looking up facts for themselves.

By the time people read this tomorrow morning, the Chicago shot numbers will even be higher.

________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
Just in the time it took me to make this post, the official count in Chicago has jumped to 73 in the last 3 days, and 2144 for the year. The 14 people mentioned in the previous post must have not been counted yet, and in the mean time three others were also added to count.
When civilians shoot other civilians in Chicago they get arrested, charged, convicted, then sent to prison.

When police officers shoot civilians it usually doesn't result in prison.

The violence in Chicago has NOTHING to do with BLM and why people are protesting. One problem doesn't make a completely separate problem okay.

You sound like one of those people who think it's okay for white people to say the N word because black people say it to each other. " Uh, black people in Chicago shoot each other by the thousands so uh it should be no big deal if cops shoot a few from time to time uh" - 2018C3

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app


These gang members shooting up the city do not get arrested most of the time. The amount of "unsolved" murders in Chicago is a joke. So much so that the killers have no problem self-snitching in songs and on social media.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
Posts: 6,025
And1: 1,562
Joined: Dec 14, 2007
Location: Chicago

Re: Just Sad, 

Post#1175 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:02 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:These gang members shooting up the city do not get arrested most of the time. The amount of "unsolved" murders in Chicago is a joke. So much so that the killers have no problem self-snitching in songs and on social media.



that's very accurate and really great way to explain a big part of the problem in a way people can understand.

well said.
User avatar
jc23
RealGM
Posts: 21,328
And1: 7,096
Joined: May 31, 2010
Location: 1901 W.Madsion St
     

Re: Just Sad, 

Post#1176 » by jc23 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:04 pm

mack2354 wrote:
2018C3 wrote:1004 people were shot and killed by police in the entire USA in 2019.
____________________________________________________________

In Chicago alone 56 people have been shot in the last three days, In the last 21 days 409 people have been shot. In the year 2020 so far 2127 people have been shot in just Chicago, only 4 of those shootings were by police. and just 3 of those police shootings resulted in death.

Out of the other 2123 people shot in just Chicago, 378 have died, by the hands of other Chicago area civilians.

And for some reason the entire USA police force in now being portrayed as the bad guys in the national media. This is just ridiculous and its being portrayed this way for political reasons in a election year.

I acknowledge there are bad cops, and the bad ones need to be identified and removed from the force. (I support that), But most of them are good people who are now receiving a bad representation from the media. The media is brain washing people who are not looking up facts for themselves.

By the time people read this tomorrow morning, the Chicago shot numbers will even be higher.

________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
Just in the time it took me to make this post, the official count in Chicago has jumped to 73 in the last 3 days, and 2144 for the year. The 14 people mentioned in the previous post must have not been counted yet, and in the mean time three others were also added to count.
When civilians shoot other civilians in Chicago they get arrested, charged, convicted, then sent to prison.



The violence in Chicago has NOTHING to do with BLM and why people are protesting. One problem doesn't make a completely separate problem okay.


Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app


agreed on the original reason BLM started, today there are multiple branches of it.

I wouldnt advise it but if protesters wanted to be about that life they could protest in areas of Chicago that have a high crime rate. For example trying to tear down a chris columbus statue seems like a huge waste of time in the moment we are in.
"showing off is the fools idea of glory" - Bruce Lee
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 46,902
And1: 7,036
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1177 » by dougthonus » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:35 pm

There was no real good thread to put this in, but I thought since it was loosely related to social justice, the new "Washington Football Team" is just ridiculous.
League Circles
RealGM
Posts: 30,587
And1: 7,844
Joined: Dec 04, 2001
       

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1178 » by League Circles » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:33 pm

dougthonus wrote:There was no real good thread to put this in, but I thought since it was loosely related to social justice, the new "Washington Football Team" is just ridiculous.

I read somewhere that Trump is planning to reinstitute the banished name by executive order if he wins reelection, so I think Snyder is just waiting to see how that shakes out.
https://august-shop.com/ streetwear & sneakers
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, 

Post#1179 » by dice » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:29 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:These gang members shooting up the city do not get arrested most of the time. The amount of "unsolved" murders in Chicago is a joke. So much so that the killers have no problem self-snitching in songs and on social media.



that's very accurate and really great way to explain a big part of the problem in a way people can understand.

well said.

and completely meaningless

unless you've got solutions for how to solve more gang murders, there's no point in even bringing it up

and i'd love some examples of murderers "self-snitching" on social media. sounds like a complete fabrication to me
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,556
And1: 9,767
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Just Sad, 

Post#1180 » by dice » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:33 pm

jc23 wrote:I wouldnt advise it but if protesters wanted to be about that life they could protest in areas of Chicago that have a high crime rate.

what do you mean by "be about that life"? are you suggesting that social justice protestors (the vast majority of whom are peaceful) want to be thugs or something? because that would be a pretty deranged take on the matter

and how the hell does protesting in a high crime area accomplish anything? crime rates have nothing at all to do with the movement. really weird suggestion
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11

Return to Chicago Bulls