Image ImageImage Image

White/Lavine Staring Backcourt

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Re: White/Lavine Staring Backcourt 

Post#61 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:17 am

PaKii94 wrote:After rewatching some of these games, I have a lot more hope for Coby. When he was used as a PG and his reigns let loose, he was a positive on the floor. Hopefully Lavine is ready to give up on-ball duties.

Think he gladly give up lead ball duties. Less pressure on him and he would get better looks. Teams actually have to defend and account for Coby unlike Sato. The days of 10 assists PG running the league is over has been for decades. How many championships did Chris Paul and Steve Nash win? Irving, Curry, Lillard, Lowry, Parker(retired). That is what you are looking for.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#62 » by Andi Obst » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:42 am

MrSparkle wrote:Well I do think there’s a difference between having a bad offensive team with no defense (the 17-20 Bulls) and a very good offensive team with poor defense. Vuc is a confident 20/10 with a smart passing game. To be fair, Coby/Zach/Lauri project better than Fultz, Fournier and Gordon. Those 3 provide way more shooting than anybody on the Magic besides Fournier, and simply have more dynamic offensive games.

I don't think that team would have the potential to be better than average offensively. Certainly not very good. It's probably a little better than the Magic on offense, but still lacks a capable primary ballhandler. On the other end, they're just going to be bad (and that's where the Magic are good enough to become mediocre overall).
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#63 » by drosereturn » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:42 am

Little Nathan wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Well I do think there’s a difference between having a bad offensive team with no defense (the 17-20 Bulls) and a very good offensive team with poor defense. Vuc is a confident 20/10 with a smart passing game. To be fair, Coby/Zach/Lauri project better than Fultz, Fournier and Gordon. Those 3 provide way more shooting than anybody on the Magic besides Fournier, and simply have more dynamic offensive games.

I don't think that team would have the potential to be better than average offensively. Certainly not very good. It's probably a little better than the Magic on offense, but still lacks a capable primary ballhandler. On the other end, they're just going to be bad (and that's where the Magic are good enough to become mediocre overall).

Fultz, Fournier, Gordon is better offensively bc they have a primary ball handler and play motion offense with Fultz not looking to shoot with his semi broken jumper. 5% better shooting doesnt mean anything when you lack discipline and dont even know when to score which should have been learned in AAU quite frankly.
Sure the Bulls have instant offense but thats not what you want on a top 10 level team.
Add in Vuc for Magic and its not even close. He is a 20/10 perennial all star level who is also the better defender than anyone on the Bulls.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#64 » by Andi Obst » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:05 am

Showtime23 wrote:Fultz, Fournier, Gordon is better offensively bc they have a primary ball handler and play motion offense with Fultz not looking to shoot with his semi broken jumper.

Who would that be? Fultz? No thanks.

Showtime23 wrote:Add in Vuc for Magic and its not even close. He is a 20/10 perennial all star level who is also the better defender than anyone on the Bulls.

Better defender than anyone on the Bulls? That's just hilariously wrong. He's a very bad defender, the Magic hide him by playing as slow as possible. Yeah, he puts up stats, but Vuc is also an extremely overrated offensive player. Watch him disappear completely when it matters most (see: last years' playoffs).

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#65 » by MrSparkle » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:43 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:Fultz, Fournier, Gordon is better offensively bc they have a primary ball handler and play motion offense with Fultz not looking to shoot with his semi broken jumper.

Who would that be? Fultz? No thanks.

Showtime23 wrote:Add in Vuc for Magic and its not even close. He is a 20/10 perennial all star level who is also the better defender than anyone on the Bulls.

Better defender than anyone on the Bulls? That's just hilariously wrong. He's a very bad defender, the Magic hide him by playing as slow as possible. Yeah, he puts up stats, but Vuc is also an extremely overrated offensive player. Watch him disappear completely when it matters most (see: last years' playoffs).

I’ll split the agreements. I’m not saying Vuc is Jokic, but it’s a little unfair to say he’s a playoff bust when his first and only NBA post-season was 5 games against the eventual champion Raptors, facing HOF Marc Gasol and Ibaka (who also took Embiid out of his A-game)... as a no. 1 (and basically only) option.

I guess the other point is we’re talking about Zach and Coby’s potential as a pair, and you guys seem to be convinced that Fultz and Fournier are as good or better. I would argue that every basketball mind in the world would take Coby/Zach over the Magic backcourt. :-?

But you guys don’t think this would be a ‘plus’ Offensive team? Imagine you trade Sato, Felicio and Wendell for Vuc, possibly FRP swap depending on our lottery.

Coby-Zach-Otto-Lauri-Vuc

I do. It’d be a 5-man scoring threat. The way the FO would have to operate though, they resign Otto or work a S&T around him since the cap would be shot. Consider Zach’s extension or a trade.

Zach at $20m, Vuc at $24m. Lauri maybe extends depending on his season.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#66 » by Andi Obst » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:28 pm

MrSparkle wrote:I guess the other point is we’re talking about Zach and Coby’s potential as a pair, and you guys seem to be convinced that Fultz and Fournier are as good or better. I would argue that every basketball mind in the world would take Coby/Zach over the Magic backcourt. :-?

But you guys don’t think this would be a ‘plus’ Offensive team? Imagine you trade Sato, Felicio and Wendell for Vuc, possibly FRP swap depending on our lottery.

Coby-Zach-Otto-Lauri-Vuc

1. I didn't compare LaVine/White to Fultz/Fournier, I compared your Bulls team to this years' Magic team. I would take Zach and Coby over the Magic guards, but I don't think they solve the issues this lineup would have (or the Magic actually had).

2. I don't think that's a good offensive team and definitely a bad defensive team. You basically have to play at a slow pace to survive with Vucevic on defense and that's about the last thing I want to do with Zach/Coby.

3. I really just want to stay away from Vucevic.

Return to Chicago Bulls