Image ImageImage Image

Chandler Hutchison - What's the take?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Re: Chandler Hutchison - What's the take? 

Post#81 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:09 am

I still think he can a key rotational piece if he can stay healthy. Not interested in trading him because we wouldn't get much.
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#82 » by wonderboy2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:14 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:His offense is still cringeworthy which had really turned me off.

My assessment of Chandler is he is a poor mans Tony Snell without the 3 pt shot. Hutch is a better rebounder and a better slasher to the basket but that is about it.

He has one of the worst touches around the basket probably in the league. If its not a clear dunk, its most likely a miss if anyone is even slightly near him.

So if you are a poor 3pt shooter and a poor finisher, there isnt a lot of hope there.

The only real hope is that he hasnt even played equal to a full season in 2 years. Maybe is he stays healthy, then maybe we can find out if something is truly there.

Well Hutch and Snell play nothing alike. Hutch is already the more physical defender. Snell is by far a way better shooter. Hutch is a better passer in transition and a way better rebounder. Hutch also takes it to the rim more agressive especially last season. I actually liked the way Hutch was playing. I take him on my team anyday over that bitch Sato. Hutch just couldn’t stay healthy. Snell problem was if his 3 point shot is not falling he didn’t do anything else. Snell was a decent man defender but his defensive IQ and rotations wasn’t the best. Hutch gives you rebounding and is a decent passer when he got the opportunity. He also has very good defensive IQ, he’s always in the right spot and rotates well. Hutch could be a good starter if he develops a jumpshot. I take Hutch anyday over Snell. Snell played like a bitch kindve like Sato did this year.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#83 » by PaKii94 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:28 am

wonderboy2 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:His offense is still cringeworthy which had really turned me off.

My assessment of Chandler is he is a poor mans Tony Snell without the 3 pt shot. Hutch is a better rebounder and a better slasher to the basket but that is about it.

He has one of the worst touches around the basket probably in the league. If its not a clear dunk, its most likely a miss if anyone is even slightly near him.

So if you are a poor 3pt shooter and a poor finisher, there isnt a lot of hope there.

The only real hope is that he hasnt even played equal to a full season in 2 years. Maybe is he stays healthy, then maybe we can find out if something is truly there.

Well Hutch and Snell play nothing alike. Hutch is already the more physical defender. Snell is by far a way better shooter. Hutch is a better passer in transition and a way better rebounder. Hutch also takes it to the rim more agressive especially last season. I actually liked the way Hutch was playing. I take him on my team anyday over that bitch Sato. Hutch just couldn’t stay healthy. Snell problem was if his 3 point shot is not falling he didn’t do anything else. Snell was a decent man defender but his defensive IQ and rotations wasn’t the best. Hutch gives you rebounding and is a decent passer when he got the opportunity. He also has very good defensive IQ, he’s always in the right spot and rotates well. Hutch could be a good starter if he develops a jumpshot. I take Hutch anyday over Snell. Snell played like a bitch kindve like Sato did this year.

I agree with everything you said besides the parts about sato. Hutch just needs to stay healthy and he can be a positive impact role player. He adds a shot and then it's a strong positive impact.
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,791

Post#84 » by beeshma » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:51 pm

He's a typical Bulls draft pick in the sense that after 2 seasons we have not been able to evaluate him as an NBA player. Now the Bulls are faced with a familiar GarPax choice. Do we continue to evaluate him? Or do we trade/release him and get nothing in return?

When faced with this choice, I always favor trading/releasing the player.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#85 » by drosereturn » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 pm

beeshma wrote:He's a typical Bulls draft pick in the sense that after 2 seasons we have not been able to evaluate him as an NBA player. Now the Bulls are faced with a familiar GarPax choice. Do we continue to evaluate him? Or do we trade/release him and get nothing in return?

Why would trading him give nothing in return although I agree with your take? We could reclaim what he cost in this draft.
Continuing to evaluate him is not the answer. You cannot evaluate Carter, White, Porter, and 10 different guys at the same time.
By playing him, your denying someone else an opportunity and thus making it impossible to find the next Kendrick Nunn or Duncan Robinson who are literally starting calibers out of nowhere.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,791

Post#86 » by beeshma » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
beeshma wrote:He's a typical Bulls draft pick in the sense that after 2 seasons we have not been able to evaluate him as an NBA player. Now the Bulls are faced with a familiar GarPax choice. Do we continue to evaluate him? Or do we trade/release him and get nothing in return?

Why would trading him give nothing in return although I agree with your take? We could reclaim what he cost in this draft.
Continuing to evaluate him is not the answer. You cannot evaluate Carter, White, Porter, and 10 different guys at the same time.
By playing him, your denying someone else an opportunity and thus making it impossible to find the next Kendrick Nunn or Duncan Robinson who are literally starting calibers out of nowhere.

guess I'm a bit jaded after GarPax. I sincerely hope that we start moving our cast offs for good prospects.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#87 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:51 pm

Until we can actually gain assets (draft picks or the like), we have to have a long deep look at the guys we have. Only because we dont have the cap space to make real moves.
The Cult of Personality
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#88 » by Leslie Forman » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Paul George's hairline, David Nwaba's skillset.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#89 » by rtblues » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Not sure how long he can hang around still trying to put together that one prove-it season. He still hasn't.
Until he proves me wrong, I don't see much in him. And yeah, availability is a skill...
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016

Return to Chicago Bulls