Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 RESTART

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Re: Around The NBA: 2019-20 RESTART 

Post#1921 » by R3AL1TY » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:38 am

MrFortune3 wrote:Whoa, he walked off the court before the game was officially over. That's not going to age well.

He has a habit of doing this. He did it when the Warriors won their last championship, last season against the Bucks, and when the Orlando Magic defeated his Cavs team almost a decade ago in the ECF. I think I even remember him doing it against the Hawks one time because he didn't like a call late in the game, yet his team won.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,627

Post#1922 » by Ice Man » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:39 am

Susan wrote:Like AI in 2001.

AI went 48/6/5 in Game 1 of the Finals, to lead the Sixers to their only win of the series. It was a great game, but not as good as what Jimmy did tonight, given that it took AI 41 shots (!) to get those points.

Of course, AI has a whole bunch of big games throughout the playoffs, so I'm not making an overall comparison.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#1923 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:40 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:
You're underselling, it's a crime against humanity.

Butler and Rondo in the finals, 1 is leaving with a title and the Bulls are still trying to figure it out.
You don't trade super stars without a legit plan.

It’s just a fact that the 3 alphas weren’t really bad... Hoiberg just couldn’t coach the egos and they chose Hoiberg. But at least now we have Lauri.

I blame it on Paxson more than Gar. He was the one who kept talking about needing an MJ level player to build around. Gar was making a mess of PR but Paxson was the guy deciding the direction of the franchise by pushing a trade for Jimmy. And, Gar executed it.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#1924 » by Susan » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:48 am

Ice Man wrote:
Susan wrote:Like AI in 2001.

AI went 48/6/5 in Game 1 of the Finals, to lead the Sixers to their only win of the series. It was a great game, but not as good as what Jimmy did tonight, given that it took AI 41 shots (!) to get those points.

Of course, AI has a whole bunch of big games throughout the playoffs, so I'm not making an overall comparison.

Just in terms of cementing his legacy. Way under matched but wills his team with an superhuman effort. Nobody will forget AI stepping over Lue and nobody will ever forget the night Jimmy dropped 41/13/11 on LeBron.

In a small way, this feels like an extension of those injured Rose teams in the playoffs early on in Jimmy's career. Way under matched but "we have enough" permutated throughout that locker room and guys believed it enough to actually make it true. So happy for Jimmy, he's had a hard road.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1925 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:50 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:
You're underselling, it's a crime against humanity.

Butler and Rondo in the finals, 1 is leaving with a title and the Bulls are still trying to figure it out.
You don't trade super stars without a legit plan.

It’s just a fact that the 3 alphas weren’t really bad... Hoiberg just couldn’t coach the egos and they chose Hoiberg. But at least now we have Lauri.

The major issue was that they took a non shooting team and put a coach at the helm that needed shooting to make his preferred system work.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1926 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:52 am

R3AL1TY wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:Whoa, he walked off the court before the game was officially over. That's not going to age well.

He has a habit of doing this. He did it when the Warriors won their last championship, last season against the Bucks, and when the Orlando Magic defeated his Cavs team almost a decade ago in the ECF. I think I even remember him doing it against the Hawks one time because he didn't like a call late in the game, yet his team won.

I know, but damn. Your team is up 2-1 in the finals.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,445

Post#1927 » by ImSlower » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:59 am

The Heat are so much fun to watch as a bunch of all-hustle junkyard dogs that I've even gotten over my keen dislike of Kelly Olynyk. For at least another 2 games, anyways, until I remember all his dirty plays over the years.

My absolute favorite part of that game (okay other than every time Jimmy had the ball) was when LeBron took three huge steps then shuffled a few more, got weak contact on Butler, and then acted like it was a foul all along. My man JVG at least said it was a clear travel. Boy do I wish he and his brother had a podcast where they live streamed their honest, non-ESPN reactions to games. How can he be so obnoxious and yet I almost always agree with him, or at the very least snicker with respect? He's my favorite.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1928 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:02 am

Read on Twitter

@MarcJSpears: Jimmy Butler is the first player to outscore, outrebound and out-assist LeBron James in a Finals game, including LeBron's teammates. Via Elias.

Eat it, BronBron.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1929 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:02 am

ImSlower wrote:The Heat are so much fun to watch as a bunch of all-hustle junkyard dogs that I've even gotten over my keen dislike of Kelly Olynyk. For at least another 2 games, anyways, until I remember all his dirty plays over the years.

My absolute favorite part of that game (okay other than every time Jimmy had the ball) was when LeBron took three huge steps then shuffled a few more, got weak contact on Butler, and then acted like it was a foul all along. My man JVG at least said it was a clear travel. Boy do I wish he and his brother had a podcast where they live streamed their honest, non-ESPN reactions to games. How can he be so obnoxious and yet I almost always agree with him, or at the very least snicker with respect? He's my favorite.

I liked that part but the best was when Jimmy stared LeBron down after that bucket and then started talking **** :lol:
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1930 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:03 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

@MarcJSpears: Jimmy Butler is the first player to outscore, outrebound and out-assist LeBron James in a Finals game, including LeBron's teammates. Via Elias.

Eat it, BronBron.

Considering this is his 10th finals...that's damn impressive.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1931 » by Ice Man » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:03 am

ImSlower wrote:My absolute favorite part of that game (okay other than every time Jimmy had the ball) was when LeBron took three huge steps then shuffled a few more, got weak contact on Butler, and then acted like it was a foul all along.

How about when LeBron stepped on two Miami Heat players' feet and it was a foul against the Heat? Or when he jumped under Duncan Robinson on Duncan's 3 and it was no call? That guy gets nothing but breaks, and all he does is whine. So easy to root against him.

My man JVG at least said it was a clear travel. Boy do I wish he and his brother had a podcast where they live streamed their honest, non-ESPN reactions to games. How can he be so obnoxious and yet I almost always agree with him, or at the very least snicker with respect? He's my favorite.

I am all in on both van Gundys.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,359

Post#1932 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:06 am

Honestly I never thought in a million years I would say this, but the Heat are one Nuclear performance by Tyler Herro or Duncan Robinson to be back in this series.
The Cult of Personality
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1933 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:06 am

Susan wrote:In a small way, this feels like an extension of those injured Rose teams in the playoffs early on in Jimmy's career. Way under matched but "we have enough" permutated throughout that locker room and guys believed it enough to actually make it true. So happy for Jimmy, he's had a hard road.

It is. And it's a damn disgrace that that the mighty Chicago Bulls have to vicariously live through this Heat team because of Gar **** Pax and the Dorfs.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,086

Post#1934 » by MrSparkle » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:09 am

We already knew Jimmy is a bad ass, but how wild is it that these 3 guys started and won a finals game against Lebron and Davis?

Duncan Robinson
Tyler Herro
Meyers Leonard

2020 is an alternate reality.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1935 » by Ice Man » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:14 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Honestly I never thought in a million years I would say this, but the Heat are one Nuclear performance by Tyler Herro or Duncan Robinson to be back in this series.

I'd settle for them not being terrible. Those two guys are a combined 22-70, and that with the Heat missing two starters, including an All Star. Talk about not showing up when you are most needed ...
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1936 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:18 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Honestly I never thought in a million years I would say this, but the Heat are one Nuclear performance by Tyler Herro or Duncan Robinson to be back in this series.

Herro probably goes off next game. He struggled but hit some big buckets late.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1937 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:23 am

Read on Twitter

@VinceGoodwill: LeBron told Jimmy that the Heat were in trouble, at the end of the first. Jimmy said it in reply late in the fourth, for context

Never change, Jimmy.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,086

Post#1938 » by MrSparkle » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:24 am

To be fair, they’re handling defensive assignments too (Herro and Robinson). Not exactly easy ones. And they’re 1st year players. Played a good game despite the bad shooting.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1939 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:32 am

Ice Man wrote:How about when LeBron stepped on two Miami Heat players' feet and it was a foul against the Heat? Or when he jumped under Duncan Robinson on Duncan's 3 and it was no call? That guy gets nothing but breaks, and all he does is whine. So easy to root against him.

That was a garbage call. Absolute garbage. They were literally just standing there. Hearing Iggy complain was hilarious. He was pissed.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1940 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:33 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

@VinceGoodwill: LeBron told Jimmy that the Heat were in trouble, at the end of the first. Jimmy said it in reply late in the fourth, for context

Never change, Jimmy.

God I love this so much.

Return to Chicago Bulls