Image ImageImage Image

It's early, but Already Time to show COBY WHITE some Appreciation in Chicago

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Re: It's early, but Already Time to show COBY WHITE some Appreciation in Chicago 

Post#81 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:04 pm

wonderboy2 wrote:
drosereturn wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
You just described my nightmare.

Lolz. Another 4 yrs of painful growing. Man do I really have to rewatch the same boring scenario thats been going on for 3 yrs?
Why cant they just ship everyone and make it more entertaining? This team somehow became orphanage for 6thman type players.

Lol it’s going to be better than watching Sato scrub ass pass the ball off and stand in the corner praying that he don’t have to shoot. Or him getting his ankles broke by Collin Freakin Sexton. Collin Sexton looked like Hot sauce that game when the bulls played the cavs. I was waiting for that announcer to come out saying “oh baby, oh baby!! Devonte Graham was lighting Sato up like a Christmas tree also. Sato was the worst starting point guard in the league last year. Any pg will be an upgrade from Sato.

For the love of God, I can live with young guys making mistakes and being young with average play but promise.
What I cannot live with is scrubs getting starter roles and then people defending them saying they didn't look this bad before the Bulls or etc.
*Stephen A Smith voice* A scrub is a scrub is a scrub
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Re: It's early, but Already Time to show COBY WHITE some Appreciation in Chicago 

Post#82 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:09 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
wonderboy2 wrote:
drosereturn wrote:
Lolz. Another 4 yrs of painful growing. Man do I really have to rewatch the same boring scenario thats been going on for 3 yrs?
Why cant they just ship everyone and make it more entertaining? This team somehow became orphanage for 6thman type players.

Lol it’s going to be better than watching Sato scrub ass pass the ball off and stand in the corner praying that he don’t have to shoot. Or him getting his ankles broke by Collin Freakin Sexton. Collin Sexton looked like Hot sauce that game when the bulls played the cavs. I was waiting for that announcer to come out saying “oh baby, oh baby!! Devonte Graham was lighting Sato up like a Christmas tree also. Sato was the worst starting point guard in the league last year. Any pg will be an upgrade from Sato.

For the love of God, I can live with young guys making mistakes and being young with average play but promise.
What I cannot live with is scrubs getting starter roles and then people defending them saying they didn't look this bad before the Bulls or etc.
*Stephen A Smith voice* A scrub is a scrub is a scrub

Exactly Sato was the worst starting point guard in the league last year. He was getting the Korver treatment on defense to. Teams start running ISOs for whoever Sato was guarding because his man defense sucked. And he was getting worked by average players to.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#83 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Sato was terrible. This guy complained that Harden was targeting him because he was Euro. He said that Harden target Euro players so he can go 1 on 1. That’s not true he targets Sato because his defense sucks ass and he knows it’s an easy bucket. Ship his ass out with Felicio. I hate Scrubs, but I hate scrubs who make excuses for why they are scrubs even more. I mean dude was left wide open all season and could only hit 32 percent of his 3s. Then he was to much of a bitch to take open shots or open drives. Just a terrible signing.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#84 » by PaKii94 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:56 pm

I'm thinking sato might have f**ked wonderboy2's girl or something considering he bashes sato on everyone of his post
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#85 » by StunnerKO » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#86 » by FriedRise » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Read on Twitter
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,794

Post#87 » by Jcool0 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#88 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:50 pm

maybe its time for me to go watch some coby college footage again to see what to expect from him this year.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#89 » by Jcool0 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:11 pm

:lol:

Read on Twitter
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#90 » by Just_Bullz » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:42 pm

Zach haters are gonna love him.

I see Coby as the Lavine Slayer in 2 years time.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#91 » by Mr. Tibbs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:21 pm

I have tempered expectations for him long term, but he does deserve some love for a really solid rookie campaign.

Also looking at his splits definitely make me more excited moving forward:

Granted a lot of the jump is based on more minutes, but that looks promising to me regardless.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#92 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Have we found any Billy Donovan/ Coby White connections yet?

I did find this interesting tidbit in my crack internet research looking for ties-

apparently going all the way back to 1998, Donovan and Cobys college coach Roy Williams have been beefing-
over recruiting guys like Mike Miller and David Lee! :lol:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-2002-11-29-0211290291-story.html

Donovan is taking the high road because he still burns over recruiting allegations Williams made involving current Magic forward Mike Miller in 1998. Ten months of NCAA investigations turned up no violations.

"You'd have to ask him about it," Donovan said. "There was nothing that we've done wrong, and obviously he had different feelings about that. I don't think I need to defend myself. I haven't done anything wrong."

This week, Williams contended that what he's really angry at Donovan about is having lost sophomore David Lee in a more recent recruiting battle.

"I wanted David Lee as badly as I've wanted anyone the last 3-4 years," Williams said. "It hurts to lose them, but you understand that it's part of the game, and you're not going to get everyone."

Hopefully this has cooled because we know Coby looks at Roy as a father figure
and since there is no NCAA hoopps currently - a guy like Roy Williams is free to come here and consult if asked.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#93 » by sco » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:57 pm

Mr. Tibbs wrote:I have tempered expectations for him long term, but he does deserve some love for a really solid rookie campaign.

Also looking at his splits definitely make me more excited moving forward:

Granted a lot of the jump is based on more minutes, but that looks promising to me regardless.

I can't say I'm excited about him as our PG of the future because, while the trend was good - no doubt, he needs to get better at shooting. Also, 20 shots per game in March feels wrong, but getting the A/T ratio up to 2/1 was a pleasant surprise. It seemed so long ago (because it was), but IIRC, he seemed to improve his ability to make lay-ups and and floaters that were getting blocked all the time to start the season.
:clap:
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#94 » by kodo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:58 pm

The post-ASG shooting numbers could be just a hot streak since the data is unusually low this year. But also as promising is that he was doubling his FTA per game and almost doubling his APG, those usually can't be accomplished with a couple of months of lucky bounces around the rim.

I thought he was handling how to score inside the 3 point line much better and not just going full speed head down to the rim, a lot more hesitation moves and stepbacks.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#95 » by ZOMG » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Excuse me, what?

"Right position"? Coby White had the greenest of green lights as a rookie even though he was one of the worst players on the whole team.

Zach is making it sound like somebody took shots away from Coby. :lol:
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#96 » by Jcool0 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:07 pm

ZOMG wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Excuse me, what?

"Right position"? Coby White had the greenest of green lights as a rookie even though he was one of the worst players on the whole team.

So to you he was being used correctly he just wasn't good enough to execute it? If you think that i couldn't disagree more.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#97 » by ZOMG » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Excuse me, what?

So to you he was being used correctly he just wasn't good enough to execute it? If you think that i couldn't disagree more.

No, I think he was used horribly. He was allowed to hoist up stupid crap every time he saw the basket, totally outside of the offense, like he was Westbrook.

But somehow I suspect this isn't what Zach meant.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#98 » by wonderboy2 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:26 pm

ZOMG wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Excuse me, what?

No, I think he was used horribly. He was allowed to hoist up stupid crap every time he saw the basket, totally outside of the offense, like he was Westbrook.

This is where people on this board gets confused. White and Lavine gets blamed for being selfish players. But that’s not the case. They were the only two players most of the time that could get their shot and they had to take a lot of bailout shots due to playing with players that did not want to shoot such as Sato and Carter. There were times when Porter was first traded to the bulls and was on a streak where Lavine had no problem stepping back and letting Porter get his. But due to injuries and playing with a lot of passive and lack of offensive powers like Sato, Lavine and Coby had to take a lot of bailout shots.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#99 » by Jcool0 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:33 pm

ZOMG wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Excuse me, what?

Then how are you confused on the "right position" comment? Because you admit he wasn't being used right.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#100 » by Chi town » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:47 am

Coby bout them fries...

Return to Chicago Bulls