Image ImageImage Image

What can we give up to get Giannis?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 846

Re: What can we give up to get Giannis? 

Post#21 » by Bullflip » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:01 am

Why would you get Giannis? You can’t have your best player not be able to shoot or create for himself. He’s useless in the playoffs
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#22 » by drosereturn » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:03 am

TyrusRose2425 wrote:Trade Lauri for future assets and/or expiring contracts that help us win next season to make playoffs.

Sign Giannis and AD in free agency.

PG-White
SG-Lavine
SF- ?
PF-Giannis
C-Davis

Bench- 4th pick/Lauri assets/Carter Jr

Is this feasible under the salary cap?

Well they decided to develop Lavine rather than Lauri so he rarely has value which plummeted from his all star 19/9 sophmore season.
Giving up on a player that had a higher trajectory than Tatum is something I cannot understand.
If the Bulls had number1 pick, I give them slight chance but they dont have any prime assets that can be a centerpiece for Giannis.
You could offer White, Lavine, Lauri, Carter, 3 unprotected and still get outbid.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#23 » by Dez » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:32 am

Showtime23 wrote:
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Trade Lauri for future assets and/or expiring contracts that help us win next season to make playoffs.

PG-White
SG-Lavine
SF- ?
PF-Giannis
C-Davis

Well they decided to develop Lavine rather than Lauri so he rarely has value which plummeted from his all star 19/9 sophmore season.
Giving up on a player that had a higher trajectory than Tatum is something I cannot understand.
If the Bulls had number1 pick, I give them slight chance but they dont have any prime assets that can be a centerpiece for Giannis.
You could offer White, Lavine, Lauri, Carter, 3 unprotected and still get outbid.

They didn't decide to develop LaVine over Lauri, Lauri decided that by not actually improving his game or adding to it.

Stop blaming LaVine for Lauri's inability to improve.
JimmyButler21
Starter
And1: 1,570

Post#24 » by JimmyButler21 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:03 am

Bullflip wrote:Why would you get Giannis? You can’t have your best player not be able to shoot or create for himself. He’s useless in the playoffs

This is a ridiculous overreaction
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#25 » by Southpaw » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:38 am

ALL OF THEM!

Seriously tho, I think we can have a path to landing Giannis but it involves a lot of improvement on our team's part. I think if we can be what BKN did before landing KD/Kyrie, that would be perfect. That is to squeak into the playoffs lead by a good coach and our young guys developing well. That plus 2 max slots next summer then we're in business.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,756

Post#26 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:25 am

Until the Bulls can actually land an prime FA or trade for a in his prime superstar, I'm simply going to assume the Buls will never land that caliber of player.

And why would MIL even consider trading him, much less to the Bulls? Would you guys wanted to trade #23 to Milwaukee?
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#27 » by BullsFTW » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:49 am

PG-White
SG-Lavine
SF- ?
PF-Giannis
C-Davis

Getting AD & Giannis would historically be the best off-season in franchise history and would make the Bulls the team to beat.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,372

Post#28 » by The Box Office » Sat Sep 5, 2020 8:59 am

nomorezorro wrote:why would we give anything up when we'll just sign him outright after next season :)

Under GarPax, I would dismiss this. But they're gone. So I will not dismiss anything. This is a brand new era.

The current state of our team is bad. We're absolute sh*t. We do not have quality assets except Zach LaVine. If Giannis, or Embiid, were to come here, I want Zach LaVine to be here to play with our new star. We have to be stacked with assets, RIGHT NOW, to gut. That's definitely not us.

I don't want to put a bad team around Giannis. We are doing that if we trade for Giannis NOW. Let's just sit back and let things play out. We could up end up signing Giannis (or any other big name talent) without losing anything. Giannis has only 1 year left on his contract before he becomes UFA.

- Just keep the 2020 4th pick and draft.
Obviously, my guy is Tyrese Haliburton who I consider the number one pick in this draft. Coby White isn't giving the rock to Giannis and Zach LaVine. White will shoot it himself.

- GarPax mismanaged the team for years and made so much damage. There is a good chance we're not going to make the playoffs in 2020/2021 season so we could end up with a Top 5 pick.

Please keep in mind:
- Joel Embiid is possibly available.
- Ben Simmons is available. I don't want him because he has bad knees and doesn't have a jump shot. He's not a Franchise player/Superstar.
- If Lakers get eliminated, Anthony Davis might be available. He has 1 year left on his contract before he becomes UFA. LeBron is currently 35 turning 36 on December 30th. LeBron doesn't have much years left. Anthony Davis is NOT the type of player to carry a team. I'm very sure that Davis doesn't want to do that either.

I'd rather sit back and let things develop without forcing anything. NO TRADES. Giannis and Anthony Davis will be UFA at the same time. The Bulls can possibly sign both without gutting the team?

Yes. Mark Eversley will do everything in his power to make that happen. I know I would.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#29 » by pipfan » Sat Sep 5, 2020 9:00 am

Trade is not possible
FA is possible. But, we would need a great coaching hire and a 45 win season to draw him. Problem is, Miami, Dallas, Toronto and ATL will have max space next summer, and seem more attractive-plus other teams

SInce there are other big names, the 2021 FA plan is ok. I am on the tank train, dump Lauri, Lavine and Porter, get some solid players in this draft then suck big time next year-and hope for a top 2 pick
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#30 » by Dominator83 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 9:12 am

nomorezorro wrote:shame on anyone who says "giannis to the bulls isn't happening"

now that garpax is gone, it's time for us to start acting like the big-market legacy franchise we are. and that starts by having our fanbase confidently & baselessly assert that a superstar is leaving his team to join us. if we try hard enough we can will it into existence!

Knicks fans have been doing that for decades
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#31 » by JohnnyTapwater » Sat Sep 5, 2020 9:57 am

I'm over here hoping AD gets swept.

That would be the first domino that would have to fall.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#32 » by TeamMan » Sat Sep 5, 2020 12:34 pm

Dez wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:What can we give up to get Giannis? Do we have enough to get him?

Is this actually a legitimate question?

We have absolutely no hope of landing Giannis by FA or trade.

Next question.

There is already speculation that the Heat will be the 1st in line to get him.

He comes from a hot climate and the change from Milwaukee to Miami would be very tempting for him.

The question is going to be how much the Heat will be willing to give up to get him?

Most likely the whole team except Butler.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,798

Post#33 » by jc23 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:02 pm

we tell the Bucks we will no longer invade their stadium and put to rest the term "United Center North".
Be curious, Not judgmental
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#34 » by sco » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:52 pm

IMO, the best (but slight) chance we have is to really surprise the NBA as a winning team that has a "fun vibe" this season. To accomplish this, one of our young guys needs to have a break-out season. Also our coach needs to get hype as a good guy to play for.

We need to capture national media attention such that at least one other star wants to come here (like AD) and the two stars need to do a Kyrie/Durant thing.
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#35 » by ChettheJet » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:31 pm

They like any team could give up their two best/highest paid players 3-4 draft picks and several small children of staff employees. Then Giannis gets here with no team around him. Wait for free agency and hope for him and then move down your preferred list until we sign somebody.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,538

Post#36 » by Ugly Duckling » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:23 pm

PG-White
SG-Lavine
SF- ?
PF-Giannis
C-Davis

Wouldn't work. AD doesn't like to play C. We need to focus on getting a wing because AD may be coming home after getting whopped by the Claw
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,743

Post#37 » by dougthonus » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:32 pm

kodo wrote:Even if they keep failing in the playoffs, the Bucks are infinitely more interesting to fans with Giannis than without. It would be financial suicide for Milwaukee to lose him.

They seem destined to lose him next year unless they make some miracle happen in these playoffs or this off-season. Assuming they bow out to Miami then Milwaukee should absolutely consider trading him this off-season if they can get a good enough deal for him. If Milwaukee does trade him, they'll have to move him to a team that he's willing to sign on for long term and has something really amazing to offer. It's hard to see what team that would be which means even if they risk losing him for nothing, it might be better than to take that chance than to trade him for peanuts.

Any such a deal won't come from the Bulls, whom would also be stupid to trade for him unless he agrees to an extension as part of the trade which seems like a ludicrous move for Giannis. Beyond that, Chicago has nothing really enticing to offer the Bucks and would have a worse cast around Giannis than the Bucks did, so why would he stay?
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,743

Post#38 » by dougthonus » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:35 pm

sco wrote:IMO, the best (but slight) chance we have is to really surprise the NBA as a winning team that has a "fun vibe" this season. To accomplish this, one of our young guys needs to have a break-out season. Also our coach needs to get hype as a good guy to play for.

We need to capture national media attention such that at least one other star wants to come here (like AD) and the two stars need to do a Kyrie/Durant thing.

What you'd really need is White, our rookie, Gafford, and Carter to completely bust out and be the strength of our team, then trade Lauri/Zach at the deadline to free up cash and hope you could get Giannis and AD to come because those guys that are left are awesome.

That's really the only way you have enough room for two stars and enough draw to get them to come.

I'd say that's more or less a snowball's chance in hell there, but that's what would do it.

Best bet is you draft a PG that you feel fits well next to Coby, maybe Haliburton is that guy even though he has the least upside of the PGs, he probably has the highest floor and would fit the best next to Coby IMO. The only thing good about that scenario is AD can play PF in this offense with Carter/Gafford playing center and Coby/Hali would fit well next to both AD and Giannis.

That said, again, snowball's chance...
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#39 » by Red8911 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 9:21 pm

I’ve always said that Giannis should leave the bucks and come to bulls.He deserves to be in a bigger market. IF he actually demands a trade now then I do believe the bulls have enough to make the bucks happy. They can offer Carter, Porter or Lauri, Lavine or Coby and the #4 pick for Gianni.

Bulls definitely have enough to trade for a star, only problem would be the team would be gutted to trade for him but if they can bring in a top player like Giannis then you worry about that later.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#40 » by Dez » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:16 pm

Of course you try everything in your power but Chicago has absolutely no chance of getting Giannis under any circumstances, none.

Return to Chicago Bulls