Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , dougthonus, GimmeDat, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man

kodo
RealGM
Posts: 14,047
And1: 8,833
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Location: Wrigleyville

NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1 » by kodo » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:18 am

CjayC wrote:It's probably been proposed already, but would you guys do OPJ+#4 to the Warriors for Wiggins+#2?

I'd like to think the team will be peaking around the time Wiggins is an expiring. The contract is a negative, but he does still fill a need for a wing on our end. On Golden State's end they got the cap space for Giannis and OPJ fits their style of play in the meantime.

If Giannis is determined to go there, I'm also aware that a sign & trade for him is probably the best for Milwaukee so that they don't lose Giannis for nothing.

Overall I'm a fan of standing pat, I don't think this is the draft to trade up for in, but would you do it?


Wiggins kills FA '21. I'm generally in favor of giving AK a chance to nuke & redo this roster in '21.
Mulhollanddrive
General Manager
Posts: 7,730
And1: 5,144
Joined: Jan 19, 2013

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:27 am

Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,716
And1: 528
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#3 » by patryk7754 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:57 am

Chances the Bucks view this year's top prospects high enough to even consider trading Giannis this offseason? Warriors and Wolves are obviously in the best position since the top two prospects are viewed as easily the best players in the draft. But with the young talent on the bulls roster plus the 4th, the bulls could make some moves too.

A huge package would be White, Markk, Carter, and the 4th for Giannis
weneeda2guard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,071
And1: 2,795
Joined: Feb 07, 2011

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#4 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:58 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).

Sure the hell would wouldnt think twice about it

Then we could draft whoever available between hayes, Haliburton, okongwu, or maybe take a flier on rj hampton.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Rose2Boozer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,373
And1: 331
Joined: Apr 07, 2011

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#5 » by Rose2Boozer » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:04 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


I would. Do you really think Markkanen and Ayton are a good fit?
Trying to get excited about a one handed bandit small forward. Sadness.
weneeda2guard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,071
And1: 2,795
Joined: Feb 07, 2011

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#6 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:08 am

CjayC wrote:It's probably been proposed already, but would you guys do OPJ+#4 to the Warriors for Wiggins+#2?

I'd like to think the team will be peaking around the time Wiggins is an expiring. The contract is a negative, but he does still fill a need for a wing on our end. On Golden State's end they got the cap space for Giannis and OPJ fits their style of play in the meantime.

If Giannis is determined to go there, I'm also aware that a sign & trade for him is probably the best for Milwaukee so that they don't lose Giannis for nothing.

Overall I'm a fan of standing pat, I don't think this is the draft to trade up for in, but would you do it?

I'm for that deal because we are in a dire situation and need a franchise caliber player to build our future on and edwards or ball might be that. Sure it could blow up in our faces but this is a time for risk. Wiggins regardless of his contract fills a need and if ball or edwards turn out to be all star talents no one will be thinking about what we gave up to get them.

Another reason I would do it is because I'm not sold on a free agency plan that says clear 2 max slots and hope to convince 2 star players to join here. There are going to be much better teams with much better situations with money to spend. Then we are left filling the roster out with guys we have to over pay. So I don't think getting davis or giannis here is a reliable plan.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
weneeda2guard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,071
And1: 2,795
Joined: Feb 07, 2011

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#7 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:12 am

If we can't land ball in the draft I'm wondering if a porter jr and Carter jr to okc for cp3 trade straight up is possible.

I know cp3 is owed a crap load of money but let's say we draft deni cp3 could be a real great floor general for lavine coby lauri gafford and deni/obi whover we take and could help get some winning going for these young guys for the next couple of seasons.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 47,410
And1: 7,462
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#8 » by dougthonus » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:50 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


Yeah, interesting move for Phoenix. Trading #10 isn't much to give up for Lauri given what a poor draft it is, and the team presumes it will improve considerably next season making next year's pick also not that valuable. If Lauri rebounds, he helps Phoenix out quite a bit, it's a calculated risk for them.

For the Bulls, the new regime may be fine parting ways with Lauri and loading up on more draft assets. If they think that this team needs to be truly rebuilt to become a quality grouping then you have to trade a guy like Lauri whom may leave next year for two picks even if they are of somewhat dubious value. The chance to win big is too good to pass up.

Personally, I'm not sure Phoenix has to throw in their 2021, or if they do, they can probably get the protection on it up to top 10 and not just top 4. It's the kind of deal that if the Bulls aren't excited about Lauri, then even #10 is good, and if they are excited about him then both picks might not be enough.

I'd probably dump him just for #10.
User avatar
Grodoboldo
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,657
And1: 1,088
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
Location: Sao Paulo
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#9 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:42 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


Probably, yeah.
I don't know anything about college basketball. I would rather trade down/out. My Bulls big board for the 2020 Draft (as of September 4th):
1-Edwards; 2-Hayes; 3-Ball; 4-Avdija; 5-Haliburton; 6-Nesmith; 7-Vassel; 8-Okongwu; 9-Williams; 10-Pokusevski.
User avatar
Bulls69
Head Coach
Posts: 6,031
And1: 258
Joined: Jul 13, 2002
Location: LA via Chicago

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#10 » by Bulls69 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:42 am

weneeda2guard wrote:If we can't land ball in the draft I'm wondering if a porter jr and Carter jr to okc for cp3 trade straight up is possible.

I know cp3 is owed a crap load of money but let's say we draft deni cp3 could be a real great floor general for lavine coby lauri gafford and deni/obi whover we take and could help get some winning going for these young guys for the next couple of seasons.


I say a hard pass on CP3 he's getting old Carter is a still talent kid a big man plus like you said he's owed a boat load of money.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 17,813
And1: 3,864
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#11 » by Chi town » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:48 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


I would.
User avatar
OldSchoolNoBull
Head Coach
Posts: 6,752
And1: 1,800
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Ohio
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#12 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:56 am

dougthonus wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


Yeah, interesting move for Phoenix. Trading #10 isn't much to give up for Lauri given what a poor draft it is, and the team presumes it will improve considerably next season making next year's pick also not that valuable. If Lauri rebounds, he helps Phoenix out quite a bit, it's a calculated risk for them.

For the Bulls, the new regime may be fine parting ways with Lauri and loading up on more draft assets. If they think that this team needs to be truly rebuilt to become a quality grouping then you have to trade a guy like Lauri whom may leave next year for two picks even if they are of somewhat dubious value. The chance to win big is too good to pass up.

Personally, I'm not sure Phoenix has to throw in their 2021, or if they do, they can probably get the protection on it up to top 10 and not just top 4. It's the kind of deal that if the Bulls aren't excited about Lauri, then even #10 is good, and if they are excited about him then both picks might not be enough.

I'd probably dump him just for #10.


I don't think I'm ready to give up on Lauri yet. I want to see if he can turn it around under the new coach - whoever it is.
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,716
And1: 528
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#13 » by patryk7754 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:02 am

Chi town wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


I would.

the question is would the suns give up two 1sts for a non star. Even if the picks have low value It just doesn't look good. The media would be all over it. "you give up two first for a guy who never made an allstar game and is coming off the worst year of his short career. Plus look a xstars who got trade for the same or less"
User avatar
Ccwatercraft
Analyst
Posts: 3,275
And1: 1,376
Joined: Jul 11, 2017
       

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#14 » by Ccwatercraft » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:04 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


I would for sure, but I'm not a Lauri fan.

I doubt Phoenix would do it.
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 17,813
And1: 3,864
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#15 » by Chi town » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:27 am

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


Yeah, interesting move for Phoenix. Trading #10 isn't much to give up for Lauri given what a poor draft it is, and the team presumes it will improve considerably next season making next year's pick also not that valuable. If Lauri rebounds, he helps Phoenix out quite a bit, it's a calculated risk for them.

For the Bulls, the new regime may be fine parting ways with Lauri and loading up on more draft assets. If they think that this team needs to be truly rebuilt to become a quality grouping then you have to trade a guy like Lauri whom may leave next year for two picks even if they are of somewhat dubious value. The chance to win big is too good to pass up.

Personally, I'm not sure Phoenix has to throw in their 2021, or if they do, they can probably get the protection on it up to top 10 and not just top 4. It's the kind of deal that if the Bulls aren't excited about Lauri, then even #10 is good, and if they are excited about him then both picks might not be enough.

I'd probably dump him just for #10.


I don't think I'm ready to give up on Lauri yet. I want to see if he can turn it around under the new coach - whoever it is.


What would a turn around year look like?

If he does your turnaround what are you willing to pay him?
BullsFTW
Head Coach
Posts: 6,412
And1: 1,821
Joined: Apr 08, 2012
       

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#16 » by BullsFTW » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:26 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).

Although I think Lauri can still turn things around, I’d do that trade.

So many options with having #4 & #10.
User avatar
drosereturn
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,413
And1: 1,426
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#17 » by drosereturn » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:58 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


I would. Do you really think Markkanen and Ayton are a good fit?


They are great fit bc Ayton cannot shoot. Markannen is somwhere between pick 10 and 2 picks value wise so I would offer one or combination of Carter/Hutch/Dunn/etc. pick 10 plus cam for Mark works too.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
User avatar
drosereturn
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,413
And1: 1,426
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#18 » by drosereturn » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:01 am

patryk7754 wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).


I would.

the question is would the suns give up two 1sts for a non star. Even if the picks have low value It just doesn't look good. The media would be all over it. "you give up two first for a guy who never made an allstar game and is coming off the worst year of his short career. Plus look a xstars who got trade for the same or less"


its two picks but they are both low tier considering they will make the playoffs if they get Markkanen.
Markkanen in his 2nd yr easily had more value than those 2 picks combined. it is a overpay but not some outrageous amt its a highway robbery or anything. phx could just easily make it lottery protected instead of top 4 and its not even bad for them.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
sco
RealGM
Posts: 15,100
And1: 3,894
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#19 » by sco » Tue Sep 8, 2020 11:55 am

BullsFTW wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would Chicago do 2 Phoenix 1sts for Markkanen?

Pick 10 and 2021 (top 4 protected).

Although I think Lauri can still turn things around, I’d do that trade.

So many options with having #4 & #10.

Agree. Is there a way to make a S&T for Saric as part of that deal?
:clap:
wonderboy2
Analyst
Posts: 3,138
And1: 1,941
Joined: Jul 05, 2013

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#20 » by wonderboy2 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:52 pm

I wonder if Portland would do a Nasir Little for Sato trade. They get a pg to back up Lillard, and the bulls get a young athletic forward prospect.

Return to Chicago Bulls