Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , dougthonus, GimmeDat, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man

gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,295
And1: 211
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#141 » by gobullschi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Chicago Receives:
Tobias Harris, Lonzo Ball, Maxi Kleber, #18, & #21

Philadelphia Receives:
OPJ, Sato, & #44

New Orleans Receives:
Lauri Markkanen

Dallas Receives:
Thaddeus Young, Matisse Thybulle, Chandler Hutchison, & #34

Bulls draft:
4 - Deni Avijda
18 - Aleksej Pokusevski
21 - Jaden McDaniels

Lonzo Ball / Coby White / Ryan Arcidiacano
Zach LaVine / Coby White / Adam Mokoko
Tobias Harris / Deni Avijda / Jaden McDaniels
Maxi Kleber / Tobias Harris / Aleksej Pokusevski
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford / Cristiano Felicio
User avatar
Chicagoat
Senior
Posts: 665
And1: 633
Joined: Jan 12, 2017
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#142 » by Chicagoat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:36 pm

gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:
Tobias Harris, Lonzo Ball, Maxi Kleber, #18, & #21

Philadelphia Receives:
OPJ, Sato, & #44

New Orleans Receives:
Lauri Markkanen

Dallas Receives:
Thaddeus Young, Matisse Thybulle, Chandler Hutchison, & #34

Bulls draft:
4 - Deni Avijda
18 - Aleksej Pokusevski
21 - Jaden McDaniels

Lonzo Ball / Coby White / Ryan Arcidiacano
Zach LaVine / Coby White / Adam Mokoko
Tobias Harris / Deni Avijda / Jaden McDaniels
Maxi Kleber / Tobias Harris / Aleksej Pokusevski
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford / Cristiano Felicio
Man, Harris's contact is a joke and ends in 2024. Getting paid about 35 million a year to drop 20 ppg is not something I want to deal with.

Not a albatross contact since Harris is still useful. But it's still very restrictive. But I wouldn't take his contact unless we got multiple future first round picks.
Image
gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,295
And1: 211
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#143 » by gobullschi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Chicagoat wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:
Tobias Harris, Lonzo Ball, Maxi Kleber, #18, & #21

Philadelphia Receives:
OPJ, Sato, & #44

New Orleans Receives:
Lauri Markkanen

Dallas Receives:
Thaddeus Young, Matisse Thybulle, Chandler Hutchison, & #34

Bulls draft:
4 - Deni Avijda
18 - Aleksej Pokusevski
21 - Jaden McDaniels

Lonzo Ball / Coby White / Ryan Arcidiacano
Zach LaVine / Coby White / Adam Mokoko
Tobias Harris / Deni Avijda / Jaden McDaniels
Maxi Kleber / Tobias Harris / Aleksej Pokusevski
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford / Cristiano Felicio
Man, Harris's contact is a joke and ends in 2024. Getting paid about 35 million a year to drop 20 ppg is not something I want to deal with.

Not a albatross contact since Harris is still useful. But it's still very restrictive. But I wouldn't take his contact unless we got multiple future first round picks.


It’s one thing if a guy has a contract like that and is already in his 30’s, but he just turned 28 years old and plays one of the hardest positions to fill.

Besides LaVine, everyone else in the long term would be locked up on rookie deals.

We could stand pat and have cap space in 2021, but then your competing with a ton of teams with cap space for players like Leonard, George, AD (not leaving LA), Holiday, Hayward, DeRozan, OPJ, or Aldridge. Those guys are all going to get paid BIG money. I’d rather get Harris than possibly get one of the other guys.
dpucane
Sophomore
Posts: 132
And1: 29
Joined: Feb 07, 2009

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#144 » by dpucane » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:56 am

https://tradenba.com/trades/JJg43pH84

Heres my blow-it-up option, fully aware how insane and improbable it is.

Essentially in favor of stockpiling as many big versatile defenders who can pass and/or shoot (and Poku) and then finding a star later

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
erasmusmrr
Freshman
Posts: 51
And1: 4
Joined: May 07, 2006
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#145 » by erasmusmrr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:09 am

Paul George available...
User avatar
PlayerUp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,879
And1: 821
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Contact:

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#146 » by PlayerUp » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:31 am

JohnnyTapwater wrote:Chris Paul would make Lauri and WCJ so good... Coby would level up... Zach would finally get respect...

contract-conscious fans heads would explode in unison...


Which is why we badly need playmakers. This draft is full of them.
wonderboy2
Analyst
Posts: 3,138
And1: 1,941
Joined: Jul 05, 2013

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#147 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:23 pm

Let’s do Tomas Suckeransky for Erick Paschall. Or Tomas Suckeransky for Terrance Davis. Or Suckeransky for Rui Hachimura.
wonderboy2
Analyst
Posts: 3,138
And1: 1,941
Joined: Jul 05, 2013

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#148 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Another trade the bulls should look into is Sato for Landry Shamet.
gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,295
And1: 211
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#149 » by gobullschi » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:44 pm

I would do Sato for Rui but no way Washington does that.
weneeda2guard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,071
And1: 2,795
Joined: Feb 07, 2011

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#150 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

I would bring them 2 on board if it means not giving up to much to get them. Something like

Porter jr, Tomas satoransky and carter Jr for griffin and d rose is ideal imo. Vets griffin still has a lot of talent good additions to add to our young core to get some kind of winning going with the right type of coaching.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
sco
RealGM
Posts: 15,100
And1: 3,894
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#151 » by sco » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:25 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

I would bring them 2 on board if it means not giving up to much to get them. Something like

Porter jr, Tomas satoransky and carter Jr for griffin and d rose is ideal imo. Vets griffin still has a lot of talent good additions to add to our young core to get some kind of winning going with the right type of coaching.

I'm not against Griffin or Rose, but wouldn't give up Carter Jr for either as there is little chance either guy will be contributor when we're ready to contend and there is at least a chance WCJ could.
:clap:
User avatar
TheSuzerain
RealGM
Posts: 13,160
And1: 8,331
Joined: Mar 29, 2012

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#152 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:26 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

I would bring them 2 on board if it means not giving up to much to get them. Something like

Porter jr, Tomas satoransky and carter Jr for griffin and d rose is ideal imo. Vets griffin still has a lot of talent good additions to add to our young core to get some kind of winning going with the right type of coaching.

Holy **** no

Blake Griffin might be the worst contract in the NBA.
gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,295
And1: 211
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#153 » by gobullschi » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

I would bring them 2 on board if it means not giving up to much to get them. Something like

Porter jr, Tomas satoransky and carter Jr for griffin and d rose is ideal imo. Vets griffin still has a lot of talent good additions to add to our young core to get some kind of winning going with the right type of coaching.


I think Detroit would be happy with Sato + Young + Felicio for Griffin. They save a bunch of money. Not sure why Bulls would want Griffin, unless Markkanen gets moved.
wonderboy2
Analyst
Posts: 3,138
And1: 1,941
Joined: Jul 05, 2013

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#154 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:41 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

I would bring them 2 on board if it means not giving up to much to get them. Something like

Porter jr, Tomas satoransky and carter Jr for griffin and d rose is ideal imo. Vets griffin still has a lot of talent good additions to add to our young core to get some kind of winning going with the right type of coaching.

Take out Carter and give them Thad young and that would be an excellent trade. Just for the fact Sato bum ass would be off the bulls. Rose and Griffin are both better than Sato. That would almost be like highway robbery though.
User avatar
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 24,680
And1: 9,695
Joined: Nov 01, 2001
Location: Cookin' with Derrick Rose

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#155 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:05 am

I wouldnt trade for Paul George unless it was for our scraps. He can be an upgrade in the regular season but in the playoffs he has been horrible 3 straight playoffs.

It we were to trade Otto for Paul George than its nothing to complain about.
The quest for #7
imagge
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,262
And1: 304
Joined: Feb 13, 2009

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#156 » by imagge » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:13 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

I would bring them 2 on board if it means not giving up to much to get them. Something like

Porter jr, Tomas satoransky and carter Jr for griffin and d rose is ideal imo. Vets griffin still has a lot of talent good additions to add to our young core to get some kind of winning going with the right type of coaching.

Holy **** no

Blake Griffin might be the worst contract in the NBA.



Wait a minute that designation belonged to Chris Paul and we saw how that worked out :dontknow:
MrSparkle
RealGM
Posts: 16,079
And1: 5,608
Joined: Jul 31, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#157 » by MrSparkle » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:46 am

Sorry wonderboy but I think Sato stays. $5m guaranteed for 21/22. Low trade value. Prime age. Pretty solid defense and spot-up shooter, capable of a better season. Can basically play 3 positions, and won't make a fuss coming off the bench or even being DNP'd until injuries hit.

If DET wants to dump Griffin on us, I'll consider this, but it kinda depends on what's done with the draft picks (4 & 7 presents a lot of options):

LaVine, Felicio for Griffin, Rose, Kennard, #7
Dez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,898
And1: 5,334
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#158 » by Dez » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:48 am

imagge wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:Pistons begun workouts without d rose and Blake griffin could be a sign they on the move during draft night

I would bring them 2 on board if it means not giving up to much to get them. Something like

Porter jr, Tomas satoransky and carter Jr for griffin and d rose is ideal imo. Vets griffin still has a lot of talent good additions to add to our young core to get some kind of winning going with the right type of coaching.

Holy **** no

Blake Griffin might be the worst contract in the NBA.



Wait a minute that designation belonged to Chris Paul and we saw how that worked out :dontknow:

That was based on Paul being incredibly injury prone not his play

Russell Westbrook is and will continue to be the worst contract.
Onibuh
Senior
Posts: 598
And1: 172
Joined: Jun 23, 2017
       

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#159 » by Onibuh » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:12 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I wouldnt trade for Paul George unless it was for our scraps. He can be an upgrade in the regular season but in the playoffs he has been horrible 3 straight playoffs.

It we were to trade Otto for Paul George than its nothing to complain about.

What about Otto + 1st RDP? George is a player I've really stopped liking but he is still a good player you want to use your Capspace for.
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,360
And1: 3,896
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#160 » by Little Nathan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:53 am

MrSparkle wrote:Sorry wonderboy but I think Sato stays. $5m guaranteed for 21/22. Low trade value. Prime age. Pretty solid defense and spot-up shooter, capable of a better season. Can basically play 3 positions, and won't make a fuss coming off the bench or even being DNP'd until injuries hit.

If DET wants to dump Griffin on us, I'll consider this, but it kinda depends on what's done with the draft picks (4 & 7 presents a lot of options):

LaVine, Felicio for Griffin, Rose, Kennard, #7


I need at least 2 unprotected (or close it, say top 3 protected) picks to take on Blake Griffin and I certainly wouldn't give them anything with value back (so definitely no LaVine). That's how bad his contract is IMO. Of course, the Pistons would never do this because they simply have no reason to dump Griffin. They suck and need talent more than any other team in the league (their best young piece is...Doumbouya?) and they won't sign a meaningful free agent anyway, so why give up assets to dump Blake? I think they did a good job moving on from Drummond knowing that he would opt in, but they didn't have to give up anything to dump him.

In short, I don't see the point for either team.
"Heart is a skill that player who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this

Return to Chicago Bulls