Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,082

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#421 » by MrSparkle » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:I heard the back end of a “rumored” deal on a podcast which would involve us trading lavine and the 4 and getting back the 2 from golden state, caris levert and the 19. Not sure what golden state would get. But as much as i like lavine, I think I would have to consider a deal like this. Levert probably fits better as a 3 balancing with white. Personally i would take wiseman then at two. Sign van fleet if somehow possible. Run with

Wiseman
Lauri
Levert
White
Van Fleet

Bench
Porter
Carter Jr.
Sato

Who is pushing this LeVert/LaVine swap? I keep hearing it and it is absurd to me. They're similar except LaVine is better in every category, with a better ceiling and a flashier game. It's like the equivalent when people were trying to sell me on a Crowder/pick-swap for Jimmy Butler.

If I'm moving Zach, it's either to upgrade (Beal, Harden) or to get back a young wing like Okoro or Hunter with cap-space. There's no way I'm downgrading that position by 7 ppg for a similar player just to move up two spots to take Wiseman. If #2/Wiseman are worth trading up for, then the Bulls have plenty of other assets IMO to get that done.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#422 » by Andi Obst » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:08 pm

MGB8 wrote:Wiz need to do it because Wall blocks them adding a FA to complement Beal.

#1 (Edwards) + Culver + James Johnson (possibly flipped for another player) + a future protected first for Beal would work. Wolves would be set at the 1, 2 and 5, have to add some 3 and D guys and role players, but still would have 2 late firsts towards that.

I disagree. If I'm Washington and Beal doesn't demand a trade, I don't even consider that deal. Building around Beal won't be easy for them, especially considering Wall's deal, but it's worth trying at least. This is the Eastern Conference, after all.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#423 » by MrSparkle » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
MGB8 wrote:Wiz need to do it because Wall blocks them adding a FA to complement Beal.

#1 (Edwards) + Culver + James Johnson (possibly flipped for another player) + a future protected first for Beal would work. Wolves would be set at the 1, 2 and 5, have to add some 3 and D guys and role players, but still would have 2 late firsts towards that.

I disagree. If I'm Washington and Beal doesn't demand a trade, I don't even consider that deal. Building around Beal won't be easy for them, especially considering Wall's deal, but it's worth trying at least. This is the Eastern Conference, after all.

Yeah I think Beal is in line with Mitchell to potentially be the best "shooting" guard in the league from the under-27yo guys (Harden, Klay, Jimmy being older gen.). He's got something that Booker and LaVine don't - better IQ and off-ball game. The SG position has been weak ever since 2014 or so (RIP Kobe, also Wade/Ray/Manu that golden generation aged out and retired). I don't think it's saying much, but Beal is capable of taking 1 step further and becoming a 'superstar' almost on Harden's level. If Wall comes back at 80%, that's a boost. He's had a lot of time to rehab, so I wouldn't dismiss WAS.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,075
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#424 » by Clint Eastwood » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:08 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:I heard the back end of a “rumored” deal on a podcast which would involve us trading lavine and the 4 and getting back the 2 from golden state, caris levert and the 19. Not sure what golden state would get. But as much as i like lavine, I think I would have to consider a deal like this. Levert probably fits better as a 3 balancing with white. Personally i would take wiseman then at two. Sign van fleet if somehow possible. Run with

Wiseman
Lauri
Levert
White
Van Fleet

Bench
Porter
Carter Jr.
Sato

Who is pushing this LeVert/LaVine swap? I keep hearing it and it is absurd to me. They're similar except LaVine is better in every category, with a better ceiling and a flashier game. It's like the equivalent when people were trying to sell me on a Crowder/pick-swap for Jimmy Butler.

If I'm moving Zach, it's either to upgrade (Beal, Harden) or to get back a young wing like Okoro or Hunter with cap-space. There's no way I'm downgrading that position by 7 ppg for a similar player just to move up two spots to take Wiseman. If #2/Wiseman are worth trading up for, then the Bulls have plenty of other assets IMO to get that done.

I hear what you are saying. But levert is on a a 3 yr 16 mil per, and lavine is paid more for only 2 years before will need a huge new deal. It’s hedging on whether lavine will take a step and become a true top 10-15 player, or will he just put up empty stats. That along with the fact that leverts best position is small forward I think its a better team fit. I think levert is considered a better defender too, though honestly I have no idea about that. Add in you move up to 2 to get the player of your choice and the 19th pick to boot and it might be a good move.
By no means am i specifically looking to dump lavine, i like him. But a deal like this could be better for team building
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#425 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:11 pm

Little Nathan wrote:

Washington is going to have to build around him through the draft and making some solid trades.
If they get the draft pieces and develop them they will be fine.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#426 » by sco » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:22 pm

Wiseman
Lauri
Levert
White
Van Fleet

Bench
Porter
Carter Jr.
Sato

Interesting, I guess if we loved either Ball or Edwards, it could make sense. 19 could bring us an interesting player like Poku. Levert is close to Lavine in terms of talent (although less durable). I wouldn't hate that deal.
:clap:
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#427 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:24 am

If past rumors are true, I'd be looking at Myles Turner if I'm the Bulls if he truly wants out of Indy.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#428 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:19 am

If ranking positional needs, am I off in saying its
3 1 4 2 5 ?
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#429 » by dpucane » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:59 am

Ccwatercraft wrote:If ranking positional needs, am I off in saying its
3 1 4 2 5 ?
Even thinking in terms of numbered positions is antiquated at this point.

The need a lead initiator and versatile defensive wings. If those wings are big enough to play "4" or big minutes thats a huge bonus.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#430 » by MrSparkle » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:07 am

3 1 4 2 5 ?

For the Bulls, I'd actually say 34521. Besides needing a deeper wing rotation in general, I think our front court sucks.

Lauri sucks (sorry but that's the cold truth)- he's probably the worst starting PF in the league. His PER was 37th amongst PFs - I know a lot of factors made that digit lower than it should be, but still, I'm fairly certain we can all list atleast 25 PFs we'd rather have (contracts/age aside). Lots of people keep saying PF is a "dead" position, but every good team in the league has good options at PF. They just need to be quick, physical and skilled. Lauri checks one of those boxes; kinda. His 3P shooting has been mediocre, and his post-up skills are appalling.

Wendell might be good eventually, but he's injury prone and very raw on offense. Gafford is very athletic and potentially excellent energy man, but totally raw and potentially fighting for a place in the league if he doesn't figure out how to play system defense. Felicio is an embarrassment at $8m who should be cut. Kornet should grow a mustache and join the deep bench of the 1995 Vancouver Grizzlies.

I actually think if we had an above-the-rim pair at the 4-5 (with a healthy Otto at 3), that could defend, control the glass and protect the rim, the second opportunities that Coby and Zach get, we'd probably be winning at a +500 clip.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#431 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:30 am

Steven Adams would be great to get from OKC. Maybe Billy can do something there..
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#432 » by ZOMG » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:25 am

MrSparkle wrote:
3 1 4 2 5 ?

For the Bulls, I'd actually say 34521. Besides needing a deeper wing rotation in general, I think our front court sucks.

Lauri sucks (sorry but that's the cold truth)- he's probably the worst starting PF in the league. His PER was 37th amongst PFs - I know a lot of factors made that digit lower than it should be, but still, I'm fairly certain we can all list atleast 25 PFs we'd rather have (contracts/age aside). Lots of people keep saying PF is a "dead" position, but every good team in the league has good options at PF. They just need to be quick, physical and skilled. Lauri checks one of those boxes; kinda. His 3P shooting has been mediocre, and his post-up skills are appalling.

Wendell might be good eventually, but he's injury prone and very raw on offense. Gafford is very athletic and potentially excellent energy man, but totally raw and potentially fighting for a place in the league if he doesn't figure out how to play system defense. Felicio is an embarrassment at $8m who should be cut. Kornet should grow a mustache and join the deep bench of the 1995 Vancouver Grizzlies.

I actually think if we had an above-the-rim pair at the 4-5 (with a healthy Otto at 3), that could defend, control the glass and protect the rim, the second opportunities that Coby and Zach get, we'd probably be winning at a +500 clip.

I love how Lauri always "sucks" outright, but Wendell "might be good eventually", "Gafford just needs to figure it out", "Coby just needs some reps at PG", etc etc... :lol:

But yeah, Markkanen at age 23 is a just a lost cause whose actual 15/6 NBA career averages (even after a horrible year) don't mean a thing.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#433 » by MGB8 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:51 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

Yeah I think Beal is in line with Mitchell to potentially be the best "shooting" guard in the league from the under-27yo guys (Harden, Klay, Jimmy being older gen.). He's got something that Booker and LaVine don't - better IQ and off-ball game. The SG position has been weak ever since 2014 or so (RIP Kobe, also Wade/Ray/Manu that golden generation aged out and retired). I don't think it's saying much, but Beal is capable of taking 1 step further and becoming a 'superstar' almost on Harden's level. If Wall comes back at 80%, that's a boost. He's had a lot of time to rehab, so I wouldn't dismiss WAS.

Wall at 80% isn't a particularly good player. He's a guy who has relied on his athleticism a lot and if that's only 80% of what it was... what's his game? He was already a mediocre defender at best. Doesn't have consistent range. What he had was size and athleticism coupled with pretty good vision and ball skills. Never worth the huge deal. He's on the payroll through 2023 at over 40 million dollars per year. With Wall, Beal, the solid but not spectacular Thomas Bryant and the similarly solid but unspectacular Hachimura, they have over 82M committed this coming season, over 92M for 21-22, and 90M the following season - but that's not including Bryant who is an UFA that year - over 100M easy if they resign Bryant....

Beal is already 27 years old - he's no young duck. There's no time to "build around him." The #9 pick in this poor draft is not going to add a player who is going to make the Wizards into contenders (although they should look long and hard at Hayes, Halliburton, etc. to hedge on Wall). Are they going to overspend to keep Bertans to rotate with Rui? Who do they have at the wing - Troy Brown? A guy who has flashed but didn't develop as hoped last season?

You do the trade I suggest and get Edwards at 1, say Halli at 9... you have a new young duo to build with and grow with 23 year old Bryant and 22 year old Rui (and if 21 year old Jarrett Culver or 21 year old Troy Brown develop into starters or even solid rotation wings - great - Culver does have enough talent that he well could make a jump). And you add another asset (the future protected first) towards the rebuild.

Better for Beal. And, frankly, better for Washington. They are not going to be a strong team between now and when Beal's deal ends. And there is zero chance that a 30+ year old Beal remains in Washington by that point. Sell high, now.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#434 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:23 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
3 1 4 2 5 ?

I wanted to put 4 above 1, for the same reasons but that depends on white being our PG. If hes not then we have a hole there with weak options.

I dont know what type of offense billy will run with this roster, or how he ranks our needs right now based on what he wants to run.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#435 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:30 pm

ZOMG wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
3 1 4 2 5 ?

I love how Lauri always "sucks" outright, but Wendell "might be good eventually", "Gafford just needs to figure it out", "Coby just needs some reps at PG", etc etc... :lol:

But yeah, Markkanen at age 23 is a just a lost cause whose actual 15/6 NBA career averages (even after a horrible year) don't mean a thing.

If he was even slightly better at creating his own shot I would have a more favorable opinion about his future.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#436 » by Rose2Boozer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:46 pm

I'm still ten toes on AK trading up for Wiseman. I would be happy sending the Warriors Carter and 4 for Wiseman. Carter's body was worrisome in the bubble minicamp. It looks like he's still going about 270lbs, and that's the Carter Jr. I'd gladly ship out of Chicago.
ROLES & HOLES
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#437 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:56 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
3 1 4 2 5 ?

This seems removed from the reality of what made us a bad team last year. Specifically, our horrendous offense. Our defense was actually .500 ball quality.

Are above the rim-finishers who control the glass and protect the rim going to fix our terrible offense? I'm thinking not.
The Chosen one
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#438 » by The Chosen one » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:50 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:I'm still ten toes on AK trading up for Wiseman. I would be happy sending the Warriors Carter and 4 for Wiseman. Carter's body was worrisome in the bubble minicamp. It looks like he's still going about 270lbs, and that's the Carter Jr. I'd gladly ship out of Chicago.

What Carter is nowhere close to 270 pounds. He looked about 250. He was moving very well, and looked mobile.i do want Wiseman though but that’s to replace Lauri.
The Chosen one
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#439 » by The Chosen one » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:57 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
3 1 4 2 5 ?

This seems removed from the reality of what made us a bad team last year. Specifically, our horrendous offense. Our defense was actually .500 ball quality.

Are above the rim-finishers who control the glass and protect the rim going to fix our terrible offense? I'm thinking not.

Agree with Mr Sparkler. It’s 3,4,5,1,2. I’m tempted to put 4 ahead of 3 because Porter would be a nice peice to keep if he resigns on a cheaper deal. Markannan has to regain his sophomore form in order for me to want to go forward with him. Bulls offense was terrible due to the fact that a lot of the bulls key players was out for along time. I like Satoransky but he’s not somebody that defenses have to pay attention to. He’s a decent back up guard though. White-Lavine-Porter- Lauri-Carter should be improvement from last year if everyone stays healthy and continue to improve.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#440 » by Rose2Boozer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:31 pm

The Chosen one wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:I'm still ten toes on AK trading up for Wiseman. I would be happy sending the Warriors Carter and 4 for Wiseman. Carter's body was worrisome in the bubble minicamp. It looks like he's still going about 270lbs, and that's the Carter Jr. I'd gladly ship out of Chicago.

What Carter is nowhere close to 270 pounds. He looked about 250. He was moving very well, and looked mobile.i do want Wiseman though but that’s to replace Lauri.

250? That's not what my eyes saw. Carter looked pretty hefty. At this point, I'm cool with trading Markkanen or Carter. It was pretty disturbing to watch Lauri's post up attempt against Lavine. Whoever the Warriors want the most they can surely have.
ROLES & HOLES

Return to Chicago Bulls