Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

gobullschi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 376
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: Lauri trade for Bagley 

Post#1581 » by gobullschi » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:34 pm

Magic beans wrote:
gobullschi wrote:I’d do WCJ for Bagley.

Lauri is light years ahead of Bagley, who still has a long way to go development wise. The size and athleticism are all there, but his BBIQ is below average.


No it’s not the right move. WCJ and Bagley games are too similar. Would need some one who shoots from the perimeter at a much higher percentage to compliment WCJ game.

And I’m no Laurie fan believe me...


I’m confused. I didn’t say WCJ and Bagley would be paired.
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 48,786
And1: 8,653
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:
 

Re: Lauri trade for Bagley 

Post#1582 » by dougthonus » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:35 pm

I haven't watched Bagley at all outside of last night's game where he actually looked pretty good at times, but it's not an unreasonable trade if you aren't going to keep Lauri long term. If you were going to keep Lauri long term, you should have extended him before the deadline because its going to be more expensive in the summer or he won't be a guy worth keeping.

In that case though, Bagley wouldn't be my first choice at all. He's not a good roster fit in terms of positions of need and you are only a year away before having to extend him too, so its not like you're seriously resetting to some long term value. I'd rather get a mid round 1st than Bagley most likely if I were to trade Lauri.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
User avatar
Leslie Forman
General Manager
Posts: 9,299
And1: 4,928
Joined: Apr 21, 2006
Location: 1700 Center Dr, Ames, IA 50011

Re: Lauri trade for Bagley 

Post#1583 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:40 pm

Black holes with poor IQ who are huge defensive liabilities and have added nothing to their games since college?

Image
Magic beans
Sophomore
Posts: 113
And1: 35
Joined: Mar 15, 2020
     

Re: Lauri trade for Bagley 

Post#1584 » by Magic beans » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:41 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Magic beans wrote:
gobullschi wrote:I’d do WCJ for Bagley.

Lauri is light years ahead of Bagley, who still has a long way to go development wise. The size and athleticism are all there, but his BBIQ is below average.


No it’s not the right move. WCJ and Bagley games are too similar. Would need some one who shoots from the perimeter at a much higher percentage to compliment WCJ game.

And I’m no Laurie fan believe me...


I’m confused. I didn’t say WCJ and Bagley would be paired.


Ah, apologies mis read. My bad man.
User avatar
FranchisePlayer
Pro Prospect
Posts: 808
And1: 302
Joined: Oct 25, 2019
 

Re: Lauri trade for Bagley 

Post#1585 » by FranchisePlayer » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:03 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:Black holes with poor IQ who are huge defensive liabilities and have added nothing to their games since college?

Image


Better to trade Porter for Bagley or better alone just hand over Porter to them. Addition by subtraction.
MeloRoseNoah wrote:Comparing Markkanen the Euro soft bum to Eddy Curry Shaq Jr is an understatement and a drastic overvaluation of this Euro bust.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 16,007
And1: 4,330
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Lauri trade for Bagley 

Post#1586 » by sco » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:09 pm

This is another "it depends" point. If we're talking about at the deadline, it will depend on how Lauri plays. If Lauri can stay healthy and ball out like he did so far, I'm inclined to see what kind of deal we could resign Lauri to, but if he suffers a reversion to the mean or gets injured again, I'm inclined to sell Lauri for whatever we can get at the deadline (which in that case would be a very late 1st or another underperforming guy on a rookie deal like Bagley, if we're lucky).
:clap:
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 54,103
And1: 22,619
Joined: Dec 23, 2002
     

Re: Lauri trade for Bagley 

Post#1587 » by fleet » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:47 pm

That’s what trade threads are for, pondering these queries.
Try the Trump Tax Calculator!

JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.
User avatar
Southpaw
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,796
And1: 682
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1588 » by Southpaw » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:44 am

dpucane wrote:
Southpaw wrote:
dpucane wrote:Hypothetical Warriors-go-all-in framework.

I still have no idea how good GMs value Zach so this could be too much or too little. Just focusing on getting good picks here.

Warriors get:

Lavine
Otto
Thad
Sato
Gafford

Bulls get:

Wiggins
Oubre
Biyombo
Looney
'21 MN 1st
'21 CHA 1st

Hornets get:

Wiseman

Maybe not enough from the Bulls or maybe too much. Really depends on how much Ws believe in Zach being able to move the ball and contribute defensively

I drank too much espresso and really needed to type something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯





Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app

I'd just cut CHA on that deal and keep Wiseman. Min 1st and Wiseman is great haul for what we're sending out.
I'm not convinced Wiseman is an elite prospect but CHA apparently loved him.

Would rather have a lottery pick in 21

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app

Maybe I'm higher than most on Wiseman. I like what I've seen so far and I think he'll be a special player down the road.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 16,007
And1: 4,330
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1589 » by sco » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:25 pm

ZOMG wrote:Trouble brewing in Atlanta. They've lost 4 of their last 5 and now this.

This is the problem with betting on yourself in a team that suddenly has a wealth of talent. It’s hard to stand out, particularly as a non ball handling big man.

It would be easy to draw parallels between this and Lauri's situation, but remember that Collins turned down a $90 million deal because he wants the max.

Read on Twitter

Yeah, sign me up for Collins in a deal for Lauri or Otto as main piece.
:clap:
sco
RealGM
Posts: 16,007
And1: 4,330
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1590 » by sco » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:33 pm

I wonder if Orlando might bite on Sato/Kornet or Felicio for Bamba/Aminu. I still think Bamba has upside, and it'd be worth losing Sato to find out. Aminu, is on the books for $10M next year and, if he can come back healthy, is a decent bench PF.
:clap:
Kukoc-Lauri
Junior
Posts: 476
And1: 186
Joined: Oct 20, 2020
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1591 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:06 pm

Otto Porter for James Johnson and Tyler Terry. Terry is unproven, but imo this is best for Porter you can get, maybe Dallas throw second rounder.
Kukoc-Lauri
Junior
Posts: 476
And1: 186
Joined: Oct 20, 2020
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1592 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:09 pm

Porter and Young for Dinwidde, Prince and Kurcus.
gobullschi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 376
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1593 » by gobullschi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:25 pm

Chicago Receives:
Andre Drummond
Darius Garland

Cleveland Receives:
Otto Porter Jr.
Wendell Carter Jr.
2021 2nd (CHI)

Bulls get half a season to see how Drummond fits with the roster and exchange underperforming young players. Not sure if it’s enough value for Cleveland, but if they know Drummond isn’t going to re-sign with them, they can replace him with WCJ. They don’t need Garland with Sexton balling out.

Coby White / Tomas Satoransky / Darius Garland
Zach LaVine / Garrett Temple
Patrick Williams / Chandler Hutchison
Lauri Markkanen / Thaddeus Young
Andre Drummond / Daniel Gafford
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,771
And1: 4,226
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1594 » by Little Nathan » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:29 pm

gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:
Andre Drummond
Darius Garland

Cleveland Receives:
Otto Porter Jr.
Wendell Carter Jr.
2021 2nd (CHI)

Bulls get half a season to see how Drummond fits with the roster and exchange underperforming young players. Not sure if it’s enough value for Cleveland, but if they know Drummond isn’t going to re-sign with them, they can replace him with WCJ. They don’t need Garland with Sexton balling out.

Coby White / Tomas Satoransky / Darius Garland
Zach LaVine / Garrett Temple
Patrick Williams / Chandler Hutchison
Lauri Markkanen / Thaddeus Young
Andre Drummond / Daniel Gafford


The Cavs absolutely need Garland because Sexton is allergic to passing (to be fair, he’s still much better than I ever thought he could be). Garland has taken a big step in the right direction. They’re not doing this.

From the Bulls perspective I would just really not want Drummond under any circumstances, please.
"Heart is a skill that player who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this
gobullschi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 376
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1595 » by gobullschi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:37 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:
Andre Drummond
Darius Garland

Cleveland Receives:
Otto Porter Jr.
Wendell Carter Jr.
2021 2nd (CHI)

Bulls get half a season to see how Drummond fits with the roster and exchange underperforming young players. Not sure if it’s enough value for Cleveland, but if they know Drummond isn’t going to re-sign with them, they can replace him with WCJ. They don’t need Garland with Sexton balling out.

Coby White / Tomas Satoransky / Darius Garland
Zach LaVine / Garrett Temple
Patrick Williams / Chandler Hutchison
Lauri Markkanen / Thaddeus Young
Andre Drummond / Daniel Gafford


The Cavs absolutely need Garland because Sexton is allergic to passing (to be fair, he’s still much better than I ever thought he could be). Garland has taken a big step in the right direction. They’re not doing this.

From the Bulls perspective I would just really not want Drummond under any circumstances, please.


Do you like WCJ more than Drummond?

Bulls need to use their cap space on someone next offseason. Sadly, Drummond might be the best player available. Bulls could use his rebounding and when teams go small, Bulls can just move Markkanen to center. It’s not ideal - but the options are limited.
MrSparkle
RealGM
Posts: 16,791
And1: 6,187
Joined: Jul 31, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1596 » by MrSparkle » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:46 pm

Man, I don’t mean to sound like one of those RealGM guys, but if Bulls trade for Drummond ... I’m done!
gobullschi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 376
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1597 » by gobullschi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:56 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Man, I don’t mean to sound like one of those RealGM guys, but if Bulls trade for Drummond ... I’m done!


Can you explain? I haven’t seen much of Drummond, but from the little I did, I remember him being an absolute monster rebounding the basketball.
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,771
And1: 4,226
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1598 » by Little Nathan » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:02 pm

gobullschi wrote:Do you like WCJ more than Drummond?


In a vacuum? Probably not, but both are no difference-makers so it’s whatever.

Considering contract situation? Yes, give me WCJ for now. If it doesn’t work out with him, get someone you don’t have to overpay.

gobullschi wrote:Bulls need to use their cap space on someone next offseason.


Pretty sure the CBA doesn’t force teams to overpay mediocre players.
"Heart is a skill that player who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this
gobullschi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 376
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1599 » by gobullschi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:15 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Bulls need to use their cap space on someone next offseason.


Pretty sure the CBA doesn’t force teams to overpay mediocre players.


True. But the Bulls will never have more cap space available than this off season. It’s going to be really hard for the new front office to have close to 60 million in cap space and ‘fail’ to sign any of the top free agents.

I wish there were better free agents available, but unfortunately, a lot of guys have already signed extensions.

Are there other players you prefer in free agency? Or what should the Bulls do with all that cap? Save it for next year? But for who?
Kukoc-Lauri
Junior
Posts: 476
And1: 186
Joined: Oct 20, 2020
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1600 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:29 pm

Take expiring bad deals for draft capital as main trade partner or third team. I would sign Jarett Allen 3/45, Andre Igoudala 2/10, Patty Mills 1/6,5, Gary Trent Jr. 3/60, take flier on Dj Wilson, Shittu,Vonleh,maybe Troy Brown Jr. If Markkanen is not resigned i would offer John Collins 4/96.

Return to Chicago Bulls