Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#461 » by Bulldog23 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Bulls trade Lavine, Sato, & Thad for Min’s Beasley and #1 pick. I would select Edwards with the number #1 pick. I would pick Okoro with #4 pick. Two strong wings that can guard multiple positions along side Laurie and Carter. In addition Beasley can swing between 1&2 like Coby.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#462 » by sco » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:41 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:Bulls trade Lavine, Sato, & Thad for Min’s Beasley and #1 pick. I would select Edwards with the number #1 pick. I would pick Okoro with #4 pick. Two strong wings that can guard multiple positions along side Laurie and Carter. In addition Beasley can swing between 1&2 like Coby.

Forgetting the fact that the salaries don't work (nor do I think they could be fixed in a constructive way), I look at your deal as fundamentally Zach for Edwards and Beasley. While better than other trade ideas, we're betting that one of Edwards/Beasley become better than Zach to feel good about the deal, and I'm not loving the chances of that happening. Edwards is a guy like in the draft, and wouldn't mind throwing in a couple 2nd rounders and/or Hutch and/or take back a not-horrific contract to go from 4 to 1, but that's about as much as I'd throw in to get there.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#463 » by gobullschi » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Chicago Receives:
Myles Turner, T.J. Warren, & Kevin Knox

Indiana Receives:
OPJ, WCJ, #8, & #27

New York Receives:

Coby White / Kris Dunn / #44
Zach LaVine / Denzel Valentine
T.J. Warren / Chandler Hutchison
Lauri Markkanen / Thaddeus Young / Kevin Knox
Myles Turner / Daniel Gafford / Luke Kornet
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#464 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:54 pm

gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:

Indiana Receives:
OPJ, WCJ, #8, & #27

New York Receives:

We can call it the "NBA Hell" plan
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#465 » by dpucane » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:35 pm

Indiana Receives:
OPJ, WCJ, #8, & #27

New York Receives:

Found Vlade's account

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#466 » by MGB8 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Indiana Receives:
OPJ, WCJ, #8, & #27

New York Receives:

Indiana would never do that.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#467 » by Andi Obst » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:02 pm

MGB8 wrote:Indiana would never do that.

They absolutely should IMO. Add a Oladipo trade for young guys/picks and you still have a solid team with way more future assets. But I think you're right actually. They probably wouldn't do it because they really want to make it work with this team. I don't think they're going anywhere with their current group.

From a Bulls POV, that's a deal I wouldn't even consider though. Just pointless.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#468 » by gobullschi » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:39 pm

Little Nathan wrote:

They absolutely should IMO. Add a Oladipo trade for young guys/picks and you still have a solid team with way more future assets. But I think you're right actually. They probably wouldn't do it because they really want to make it work with this team. I don't think they're going anywhere with their current group.

From a Bulls POV, that's a deal I wouldn't even consider though. Just pointless.

TJ Warren just turned 27 years old and is coming off a season where he averaged 20PPG, 4RPG, & 1.5APG. He's got good size at 6'8" - 220 lbs. He shot 40% from deep and had some monster games in the bubble. That's pretty much what people are hoping Deni Avdija does, yet it will take him a few years to get there. He's got a good contract with 2 more years remaining at 12 million/year (below market).

Trade down to draft a guy like Poku/McDaniels and add TJ Warren. Bulls can still have max cap space in 2021.
sco
RealGM

Post#469 » by sco » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:35 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

TJ Warren just turned 27 years old and is coming off a season where he averaged 20PPG, 4RPG, & 1.5APG. He's got good size at 6'8" - 220 lbs. He shot 40% from deep and had some monster games in the bubble. That's pretty much what people are hoping Deni Avdija does, yet it will take him a few years to get there. He's got a good contract with 2 more years remaining at 12 million/year (below market).

Trade down to draft a guy like Poku/McDaniels and add TJ Warren. Bulls can still have max cap space in 2021.

IMO, Turner is way better than he's been allowed to look in Indy, with Sabonis being Jokic-lite. It reminds me of the Nurkic situation in Denver. I'd love Turner over Carter (who I like BTW). Turning Porter into a more durable, good shooting SF in Warren also seems like a win. Giving up #4 in this draft to land 2 viable, starting-level, young players in their primes strikes me as a good move. Knox is a bust, but he's on a rookie deal, so we get some time to see if he has any game.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#470 » by Andi Obst » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:39 pm

gobullschi wrote:Trade down to draft a guy like Poku/McDaniels and add TJ Warren. Bulls can still have max cap space in 2021.

I probably wouldn't even hate that if it's for Poku and not McDaniels, but that's not what your suggested trade was. I have no interest in adding Myles Turner or Kevin Knox and I'm certainly not trading out of this draft to get them, even though I agree that Warren is good (but not great, bubble TJ Warren probably was a bubble thing).
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#471 » by dpucane » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:17 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Trade down to draft a guy like Poku/McDaniels and add TJ Warren. Bulls can still have max cap space in 2021.

I probably wouldn't even hate that if it's for Poku and not McDaniels, but that's not what your suggested trade was. I have no interest in adding Myles Turner or Kevin Knox and I'm certainly not trading out of this draft to get them, even though I agree that Warren is good (but not great, bubble TJ Warren probably was a bubble thing).
Sincerely believe Poku is a top 3 ceiling in the draft, maybe #1. A fluid 7 foot movement shooter/rim protector that runs both sides of p&r is unicorn stuff. Why not roll the dice at this point.

ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#472 » by ChettheJet » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:08 pm

Indiana Receives:
OPJ, WCJ, #8, & #27

New York Receives:

I think this is enough for NYK to move up, and IND moves way up, gets some cap space from Porter to counter if they have to trade Oladipo,

I don't like trading Carter since he's young and cheap and shown flashes but has been injured. I would prefer to see what he could do healthy for a full season. But Turner steps right in and does probably more than you're hoping to get from Carter. Warren as a good player who really stepped up there before he got hurt and he's likely better than Porter right now and figures to get better. I see Knox as being stunted by being in NY, on a bad team that didn't want to admit it was bad so they kept adding veterans pushing young guys like Knox aside which makes a kid wonder what he's got to do to get the chance to show what he can do.

After this I would say they still need to trade Young, maybe Satoransky and now Hutchison. and hopefully get back a guard or two. Maybe a S&T for Dunn and Valentine. They don't have much 2021 FA space available but they got 2 starters and if they signed a max guy somebody would have to move to the bench.
sco
RealGM

Post#473 » by sco » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:46 pm

ArmTriangle
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#474 » by ArmTriangle » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:20 am

sco wrote:https://pelicandebrief.com/2020/10/25/new-orleans-pelicans-bulls-jrue-holiday/

I'd do this in a second, but can't see fit for NO.

Would love to have Holiday, but he's only got one more season until a player option. Would bite if he reupped for longer, but tough to give away pick #4 if it's only a one year rental.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,499

Post#475 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:21 am

dpucane wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

Sincerely believe Poku is a top 3 ceiling in the draft, maybe #1. A fluid 7 foot movement shooter/rim protector that runs both sides of p&r is unicorn stuff. Why not roll the dice at this point.

Agree 100%.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#476 » by drosereturn » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:28 am

dpucane wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

Everyone knows this including AK. Its just a matter how far will he fall like Bol 2nd round free?
How cheap can you buy that late first round is what matters in drafting a potential top 3 guy in the draft. Because some analysts the best players might be outside lottery which I agree and Poku is the Giannis of this draft but im not using a top 5 pick.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#477 » by gobullschi » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:39 am

The Utah Jazz are in a similar position that the Bulls were in with Jimmy Butler. Rudy Gobert is set to earn the 'Super Max' which makes it extremelly difficult for a team to afford a "third star" with the cap restraints that come with it. The stage has already been set for the front office to 'save face' too, because of the COVID 'beef' with their young star (Donovan Mitchell).

Incoming Chicago:
Rudy Gobert
Aleksej Pokusevski (#23)
TPE

Incoming Utah:
Lauri Markkanen
Wendell Carter Jr.
Otto Porter Jr.
2022 1st (conditional - This pick turns into a 2nd Round Pick if Rudy Gobert is not resigned by Chicago)

This would be an extremely risky move because Gobert could walk after the end of the season, however, it could be the perfect oppurtunity to find a star player to pair with LaVine. The Bulls would have enough cap space to re-sign Rudy Gobert AND another top free agent.

Coby White / Tomas Satoransky
Zach LaVine / Denzel Valentine / #44
Deni Avdija (#4) / Chandler Hutchison
Thaddeus Young / Aleksej Pokuveski (#23)
Rudy Gobert / Daniel Gafford
sco
RealGM

Post#478 » by sco » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:05 pm

gobullschi wrote:The Utah Jazz are in a similar position that the Bulls were in with Jimmy Butler. Rudy Gobert is set to earn the 'Super Max' which makes it extremelly difficult for a team to afford a "third star" with the cap restraints that come with it. The stage has already been set for the front office to 'save face' too, because of the COVID 'beef' with their young star (Donovan Mitchell).

Incoming Chicago:
Rudy Gobert
Aleksej Pokusevski (#23)
TPE

Incoming Utah:
Lauri Markkanen
Wendell Carter Jr.
Otto Porter Jr.
2022 1st (conditional - This pick turns into a 2nd Round Pick if Rudy Gobert is not resigned by Chicago)

This would be an extremely risky move because Gobert could walk after the end of the season, however, it could be the perfect oppurtunity to find a star player to pair with LaVine. The Bulls would have enough cap space to re-sign Rudy Gobert AND another top free agent.

I love the thinking...makes a lot of sense as Lauri and Otto are arguably wasting assets if we keep them. In thinking about it though, I'd rather put my Lauri/Otto assets into a deal that replaces a different position because the C position isn't as key as it used to be. We could go out at nab a Noell, who is a definite step down from Gobert, but still leaves us with Otto/Lauri/WC "dry powder".
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#479 » by drosereturn » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:39 pm

gobullschi wrote:The Utah Jazz are in a similar position that the Bulls were in with Jimmy Butler. Rudy Gobert is set to earn the 'Super Max' which makes it extremelly difficult for a team to afford a "third star" with the cap restraints that come with it. The stage has already been set for the front office to 'save face' too, because of the COVID 'beef' with their young star (Donovan Mitchell).

Incoming Chicago:
Rudy Gobert
Aleksej Pokusevski (#23)
TPE

Incoming Utah:
Lauri Markkanen
Wendell Carter Jr.
Otto Porter Jr.

For a guy like Gobert, Carter is well worth sacrificing although Lauri hurts but that is Gobert's value even if 1yr left.
And grabing Poku is very good who has top 3 potential that low your getting fair value for Carter I would prefer Poku.
Just no picks involved. If AK grabs one of Ball/Deni and Poku, that would be a homerun draft with twin tower.
If Lavine cannot perform at 30ppg level, he should leave bc every resource is invested to him. This is his final chance with 3 plus defenders and a dpoy rim protector hiding his D.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
sco
RealGM

Post#480 » by sco » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:45 pm

drosereturn wrote:

Incoming Chicago:
Rudy Gobert
Aleksej Pokusevski (#23)
TPE

Incoming Utah:
Lauri Markkanen
Wendell Carter Jr.
Otto Porter Jr.

For a guy like Gobert, Carter is well worth sacrificing although Lauri hurts but that is Gobert's value even if 1yr left.
And grabing Poku is very good who has top 3 potential that low your getting fair value for Carter I would prefer Poku.
Just no picks involved. If AK grabs one of Ball/Deni and Poku, that would be a homerun draft with twin tower.
If Lavine cannot perform at 30ppg level, he should leave bc every resource is invested to him. This is his final chance.

If the logic to do the trade is to get Lauri and Otto out of the way so Zach is more of a #1 option, it doesn't make sense. I think, as constructed the team would be an ideal fit for a #1 option to come in and contend.

Return to Chicago Bulls