Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#501 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:14 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
nomorezorro wrote:morey to phildelphia...shifting from "fantasizing about trading for ben simmons" to "fantasizing about trading for joel embiid

lavine and porter for embiid and horford's contract, who says no

Draft Wiseman and we've got ourselves a big man doozy.

Wiseman at #4, Paul Reed at #44

Open games with Lauri, Carter Jr, Reed, Wiseman and Gafford.

7th ring is only a matter of time 8-)
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,081

Post#502 » by MrSparkle » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Well it’s a no-brainer; Morey is going to shuffle that squad, probably move Embiid for a power-play return. It’s just too stupid a build right now: you can’t do anything with Horford other than open that C position up and let him regain his averages as a stretch big. Meanwhile, Joel is healthy, in his prime, and totally a viable trade piece for Harden or Beal. I don’t see any reason as to why they wouldn’t get it done. As if that Harden love letter wasn’t all the more reason for Morey to bring him somewhere else.

Embiid, Richardson, two FRPs for Harden - I actually think Russ/Joel and the remaining 3D roleplayers (Roco, PJ, Gordon) would gel. Russ likes the ball in his hands, worked well with a big front-court in OKC, and HOU gets younger (fwiw, though Harden may very well outlast Joel’s knees). PHI’s concept comes together - fast team with a huge, mobile position-less line-up, where Simmons can pretty much slide to any spot, and Harden opens the offense.

Embiid for Beal - eh I don’t see it making sense for WAS, but if PHI wanted to balance this trade, they could pull it off.

Bulls aren’t in position for an Embiid trade unless his value cratered for some bad reason. We’ve got nothing but question marks: Coby is a bright spot but there isn’t even tangible evidence yet he’s actually a quality NBA player. Otto’s health. Zach’s intangibles. #4 (is he immediate impact or a long term project?).
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#503 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 pm

It's been bandied about earlier but should we get in on some of that Dallas action?

Read on Twitter

Also dangling picks 18 & 31 to get into the lottery.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#504 » by Dez » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:42 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:It's been bandied about earlier but should we get in on some of that Dallas action?

Read on Twitter

Also dangling picks 18 & 31 to get into the lottery.

Get in on what action? They have nothing to give.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#505 » by ZOMG » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:26 am

Mavs willing to trade anyone not named Luka Doncic or Kristaps Porzingis in order to win now

LOL. As if they could trade Porzigis if they wanted to. He's damaged goods with a bad contract.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#506 » by sco » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:56 am

ZOMG wrote:
Mavs willing to trade anyone not named Luka Doncic or Kristaps Porzingis in order to win now

LOL. As if they could trade Porzigis if they wanted to. He's damaged goods with a bad contract.

Don't disagree...in fact, I thought the Knicks were right to trade him (although they really got squat in return). That said, I'd still probably take him straight up for Lauri.
:clap:
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#507 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:24 pm

ZOMG wrote:

I'd take KP in a heart beat. I'd give them Porter and WC for KP and run. In his recovery year from his ACL he put up 20/9.5/2 with a 20 per. He's going to be a beast next year.
Nate3carp
Senior
And1: 128

Post#508 » by Nate3carp » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:51 am

sco wrote:
sco wrote:
Josh Richardson and Al Horford will be traded this offseason, The Athletic duo of Rich Hofmann and Derek Bodner project in an examination of the Sixers‘ roster. In other predictions, they believe young defensive stalwart Matisse Thybulle could be added a trade sweetener in a deal involving Richardson or Horford, while Alec Burks will leave in free agency.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/10/atlantic-notes-bullock-harris-richardson-horford-flynn-dotson.html

I'd do a deal for Richardson if it brought back Thybulle too. What about:

Richardson, Thybulle, Korkmaz for Lauri/Sato?

I’d do it. Not sure how Lauri would fit with PHI already being huge tho.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,065

Post#509 » by NecessaryEvil » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:06 am

Clippers are lucky Kristaps got injured. They had nothing for him.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,249

Post#510 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:23 am

Bulls trade: Gafford, Felicio

Dallas trades: 18, Powell

Dallas gets a good young big in Gafford. More importantly, they shed Powell’s contract next year, helping them with a 2020 free agent plan.

Bulls get a pick in this draft for taking on Powell.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#511 » by gobullschi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:01 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Bulls trade: Gafford, Felicio

Dallas gets a good young big in Gafford. More importantly, they shed Powell’s contract next year, helping them with a 2020 free agent plan.

No way Dallas does this. If you replace the dead corpse (Felicio) with Thad Young and throw in a second round pick, they MIGHT consider it.

Gafford + Young + #44 for Powell + #18

I’m not sure what kind of value Gafford has around the league. I know Dallas wants cap space for 2021 and wants to win-now to become a more desirable FA destination, which this accomplished to an extent.

Is Powell going to be out all season? If so, I could see Nerlens Noel replacing Gafford as a back up center because he’s familiar with Billy Donovan.
sco
RealGM

Post#512 » by sco » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:28 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Bulls trade: Gafford, Felicio

No way Dallas does this. If you replace the dead corpse (Felicio) with Thad Young and throw in a second round pick, they MIGHT consider it.

Gafford + Young + #44 for Powell + #18

I’m not sure what kind of value Gafford has around the league. I know Dallas wants cap space for 2021 and wants to win-now to become a more desirable FA destination, which this accomplished to an extent.

Is Powell going to be out all season? If so, I could see Nerlens Noel replacing Gafford as a back up center because he’s familiar with Billy Donovan.

I'd happily to that but seems like Dallas is looking to pool all their assets for a player with more cache as opposed to FA $. The guy I would really try to get from them is Brunson...he's a stud, but Luka limits his usefulness to them.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,409

Post#513 » by jump » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:07 pm

Is this trade crazy?
BULLS trade
Lauri
Otto
BULLS get
#2 (Wiseman)
#8 (Halliburton)
Wiggins

WARRIORS trade
Wiggins
WARRIORS get
Lauri
Otto
Cap relief next year
Dallas FRP 2021

NEW YORK trades
Dallas FRP 2021
NEW YORK gets
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#514 » by jump » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Bulls run with
Front court - WCJ, Wiseman, Young
Wing - Wiggins, Hutch, Valentine
Back Court - White, Lavine, Halliburton
sco
RealGM

Post#515 » by sco » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:18 pm

jump wrote:Is this trade crazy?
BULLS trade
Lauri
Otto
BULLS get
#2 (Wiseman)
#8 (Halliburton)
Wiggins

WARRIORS trade
Wiggins
WARRIORS get
Lauri
Otto
Cap relief next year
Dallas FRP 2021

NEW YORK trades
Dallas FRP 2021
NEW YORK gets

Honestly, I don't like it for the following reasons:

1) I think a team with so many young guys will fail to develop them, losing culture continues and we end-up flushing the lot.

2) Wiggins is a 4th quartile starter paid like a 1st quartile starter and a cultural non-positive (i.e. low bbiq, questionable work ethic)

3) I am not a big fan of Wiseman...just don't like his risk/reward profile.

I'd be thrilled to do #4 for #8/#21 (I'd even throw in #44). I think there will be a starter/serviceable rotation player to be found at 21, and I might be happy drafting Hali at #4, so would definitely feel good about him at 8.
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#516 » by jump » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:27 pm

sco wrote:
BULLS trade
Lauri
Otto
BULLS get
#2 (Wiseman)
#8 (Halliburton)
Wiggins

WARRIORS trade
Wiggins
WARRIORS get
Lauri
Otto
Cap relief next year
Dallas FRP 2021

NEW YORK trades
Dallas FRP 2021
NEW YORK gets

Honestly, I don't like it for the following reasons:

1) I think a team with so many young guys will fail to develop them, losing culture continues and we end-up flushing the lot.

2) Wiggins is a 4th quartile starter paid like a 1st quartile starter and a cultural non-positive (i.e. low bbiq, questionable work ethic)

3) I am not a big fan of Wiseman...just don't like his risk/reward profile.

I'd be thrilled to do #4 for #8/#21 (I'd even throw in #44). I think there will be a starter/serviceable rotation player to be found at 21, and I might be happy drafting Hali at #4, so would definitely feel good about him at 8.

Wiggins is not in the bottom. He’s turned into a good player. The Warrior fans like his defense and 3 ball. I don’t see a significant drop off for us from Otto. Yes, he is overpaid. But we won’t have to renew Otto or Lauri, replacing their spots with rookie salaries.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#517 » by gobullschi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:46 pm

BULLS trade
Lauri
Otto
BULLS get
#2 (Wiseman)
#8 (Halliburton)
Wiggins

WARRIORS trade
Wiggins
WARRIORS get
Lauri
Otto
Cap relief next year
Dallas FRP 2021

NEW YORK trades
Dallas FRP 2021
NEW YORK gets

Yes. GS gives u the bird.
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#518 » by Ayman78 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:26 am

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/10/30/this-bulls-grizzlies-trade-pairs-up-zach-lavine-ja-morant/4/

This is a potential trade scenario involves trading Zach Lavine to Memphis Grizzlies for Jaren Jackson Jr and Dillon Brooks.

Generally I was against trading Zach, but I like this trade a lot. What are your thoughts on this trade?
sco
RealGM

Post#519 » by sco » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 pm

Ayman78 wrote:https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/10/30/this-bulls-grizzlies-trade-pairs-up-zach-lavine-ja-morant/4/

This is a potential trade scenario involves trading Zach Lavine to Memphis Grizzlies for Jaren Jackson Jr and Dillon Brooks.

Generally I was against trading Zach, but I like this trade a lot. What are your thoughts on this trade?

I'd only do it if somehow we landed Edwards. I think Zach is a better player right now than JJJ, but JJJ has more upside. We'd probably need to also move one whichever one of Lauri/WCJ (probably to move up for Edwards).

Generally, I see this as a lateral move with a timeline step back that only makes sense if AKME don't see Zach as a core piece.
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#520 » by Ayman78 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:19 pm

sco wrote:
Ayman78 wrote:https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/10/30/this-bulls-grizzlies-trade-pairs-up-zach-lavine-ja-morant/4/

I'd only do it if somehow we landed Edwards. I think Zach is a better player right now than JJJ, but JJJ has more upside. We'd probably need to also move one whichever one of Lauri/WCJ (probably to move up for Edwards).

Generally, I see this as a lateral move with a timeline step back that only makes sense if AKME don't see Zach as a core piece.

I have always been under the impression that having a dominant 2 way big man makes building around him easier. I'm not certain that we need to trade either Lauri or Wendell. Having 4 big men on rosters around the league have multiple big guys.

But, if you want to trade up with Golden State using only Wendell and a 2 future 2nd round picks. With the number 2 draft Dani. The Bulls then could turn around and it trade the 4th pick to Boston for their 3 1st round picks.

Return to Chicago Bulls