Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , dougthonus, GimmeDat, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man

StunnerKO
Veteran
Posts: 2,833
And1: 1,903
Joined: Sep 25, 2017

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#81 » by StunnerKO » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:04 am

Who doing this ? Image
User avatar
TheSuzerain
RealGM
Posts: 13,133
And1: 8,302
Joined: Mar 29, 2012

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#82 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:12 am

Lol +36 wins
Dez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,861
And1: 5,284
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#83 » by Dez » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:16 am

StunnerKO wrote:Who doing this ? Image


Not even if Morey was blind, deaf and on his deathbed would he do that.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 15,075
And1: 3,881
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#84 » by sco » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:
leo921 wrote:Bulls trade - Lavine/Sato/4th pick
for
Warriors trade - Wiggins/2nd pick/2021 Minn pick

Warriors add Lavine, who as a 1st option shot 38% on 3s and averaged 25ppg, who now moves to 3rd option so he can pick his spots, hit 3s, and attack a scrambling defense instead of a set defense. Warriors add Sato as additional depth, drop down to 4th and add a great defensive big who is developing his offense in Okongwu. Warriors lose Wiggins at the cost of dropping 2 spots this draft and losing the Minn pick and help there cap moving forward.

Warriors have a lineup of Curry/Lavine/Thompson/Green/Okongwu with a bench of Sato/Paschell/Chriss

Bulls add Ball this draft and have 2 picks next year (own and Minn)Next year Otto and Felico fall off the cap and the Bulls with a good coach can be looked at as a young upcoming team. I would go with a lineup of Ball/White/Otto/Lauri/Carter with a bench of Dunn(resign)/Wiggins/Young/Gafford. Wiggins will probably start as Otto is always hurt but if Otto remains healthy then Wiggins can play 30-35 mins off the bench between the 2/3/4 positions.


Nah, Lavine is a keeper as far as I'm concerned. I would be interested in sending Porter Jr. and Gafford to the Warriors for Wiggins and the Wolves 2021 first round pick. The 2021 draft will be loaded with needle movers.

Not sure why we'd need to throw in Gafford to take on that POS contract from Wiggins. Feel free to add Kornet, who may be a better fit for GS. That said, I'd much prefer to take on Harris' deal from Philly - at least you get a good player with the bad contract.
:clap:
gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,272
And1: 202
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#85 » by gobullschi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:34 pm

sco wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:
leo921 wrote:Bulls trade - Lavine/Sato/4th pick
for
Warriors trade - Wiggins/2nd pick/2021 Minn pick

Warriors add Lavine, who as a 1st option shot 38% on 3s and averaged 25ppg, who now moves to 3rd option so he can pick his spots, hit 3s, and attack a scrambling defense instead of a set defense. Warriors add Sato as additional depth, drop down to 4th and add a great defensive big who is developing his offense in Okongwu. Warriors lose Wiggins at the cost of dropping 2 spots this draft and losing the Minn pick and help there cap moving forward.

Warriors have a lineup of Curry/Lavine/Thompson/Green/Okongwu with a bench of Sato/Paschell/Chriss

Bulls add Ball this draft and have 2 picks next year (own and Minn)Next year Otto and Felico fall off the cap and the Bulls with a good coach can be looked at as a young upcoming team. I would go with a lineup of Ball/White/Otto/Lauri/Carter with a bench of Dunn(resign)/Wiggins/Young/Gafford. Wiggins will probably start as Otto is always hurt but if Otto remains healthy then Wiggins can play 30-35 mins off the bench between the 2/3/4 positions.


Nah, Lavine is a keeper as far as I'm concerned. I would be interested in sending Porter Jr. and Gafford to the Warriors for Wiggins and the Wolves 2021 first round pick. The 2021 draft will be loaded with needle movers.

Not sure why we'd need to throw in Gafford to take on that POS contract from Wiggins. Feel free to add Kornet, who may be a better fit for GS. That said, I'd much prefer to take on Harris' deal from Philly - at least you get a good player with the bad contract.


Bingo. What’s the plan with OPJ long term? He’s going to command a big contract. I’d bet AK flips him for assets.

Been preaching this deal for a while!

Bulls get Tobias Harris & #2
Warriors get Matisse Thybulle, #4, & #21
Sixers get OPJ & Sato

LaMelo Ball / Coby White
Zach LaVine /
Tobias Harris / Chandler Hutchison
Lauri Markkanen / Thaddeus Young
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 17,772
And1: 3,846
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#86 » by Chi town » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:03 pm

AK will not be trading for the worst contract in the NBA... Tobias Harris.

He wants flexibility for FA And traded not locking himself in long term.

Word has been he has gushed over Coby.
He brought Lavine in to talk team going fwd it seems to build around Zach.
Him and Evs have said they love Wedell’s D.
Jury is out on Lauri and why he under performed last season.

KC has said many times he sees the current Bulls playing together till at least the deadline to see what they have.
gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,272
And1: 202
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#87 » by gobullschi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:22 pm

Chi town wrote:AK will not be trading for the worst contract in the NBA... Tobias Harris.

He wants flexibility for FA And traded not locking himself in long term.

Word has been he has gushed over Coby.
He brought Lavine in to talk team going fwd it seems to build around Zach.
Him and Evs have said they love Wedell’s D.
Jury is out on Lauri and why he under performed last season.

KC has said many times he sees the current Bulls playing together till at least the deadline to see what they have.


Tobias Harris does not have the worst contract in the game. That’s silly. He averages 20PPG, 7RPG, & 3APG, just turned 28 years old, fills a position of need, and gives the Bulls flexibility moving forward because he can play both forward spots. He would be an easy player to flip in a trade later on too. The worst contract in the league is Al Horford who is way past his prime. There’s plenty of other terrible deals out there on guys who are all past their prime. Harris isn’t one of them.

I’m a huge Coby White fan. He’s apparently added a bunch of strength this offseason, but I do worry he is more Lou Williams than Jamaal Murray. Time will tell.

Right now OPJ is an asset. Do you expect the Bulls to resign him? What kind of contract will he demand? There are too many teams with cap space next season, which is going to make a guy like OPJ overpaid IMO. Best to move him now before losing him for nothing.

I hate when Bulls fans preach flexibility. That’s a GarPax strategy that’s been instilled in our heads over the years, that’s absolute BS. Flexibility is only valuable when your a contending team. No FA is coming to Chicago until they are in the playoffs for consecutive years.
Bulldog23
Rookie
Posts: 1,194
And1: 57
Joined: Oct 25, 2002

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#88 » by Bulldog23 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:16 pm

I want to blow this up...and all in on the draft.

Send Lavine to New York for 8th pick and salary.

Send Laurie and Thad to Minn for #1 and 17; and Johnson.
gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,272
And1: 202
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#89 » by gobullschi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:43 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:I want to blow this up...and all in on the draft.

Send Lavine to New York for 8th pick and salary.

Send Laurie and Thad to Minn for #1 and 17; and Johnson.


Ew. Not the draft class to blow up the team.

I think LaVine will make the all star team this year and his trade value will jump up. I’d rather keep him.

There is 0 chance Minnesota gives the #1 & #17 for Markkanen and Thad :lol:
wonderboy2
Analyst
Posts: 3,105
And1: 1,921
Joined: Jul 05, 2013

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#90 » by wonderboy2 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:30 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:I want to blow this up...and all in on the draft.

Send Lavine to New York for 8th pick and salary.

Send Laurie and Thad to Minn for #1 and 17; and Johnson.

Sato for Josh Okogie.
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 17,772
And1: 3,846
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#91 » by Chi town » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Chi town wrote:AK will not be trading for the worst contract in the NBA... Tobias Harris.

He wants flexibility for FA And traded not locking himself in long term.

Word has been he has gushed over Coby.
He brought Lavine in to talk team going fwd it seems to build around Zach.
Him and Evs have said they love Wedell’s D.
Jury is out on Lauri and why he under performed last season.

KC has said many times he sees the current Bulls playing together till at least the deadline to see what they have.


Tobias Harris does not have the worst contract in the game. That’s silly. He averages 20PPG, 7RPG, & 3APG, just turned 28 years old, fills a position of need, and gives the Bulls flexibility moving forward because he can play both forward spots. He would be an easy player to flip in a trade later on too. The worst contract in the league is Al Horford who is way past his prime. There’s plenty of other terrible deals out there on guys who are all past their prime. Harris isn’t one of them.

I’m a huge Coby White fan. He’s apparently added a bunch of strength this offseason, but I do worry he is more Lou Williams than Jamaal Murray. Time will tell.

Right now OPJ is an asset. Do you expect the Bulls to resign him? What kind of contract will he demand? There are too many teams with cap space next season, which is going to make a guy like OPJ overpaid IMO. Best to move him now before losing him for nothing.

I hate when Bulls fans preach flexibility. That’s a GarPax strategy that’s been instilled in our heads over the years, that’s absolute BS. Flexibility is only valuable when your a contending team. No FA is coming to Chicago until they are in the playoffs for consecutive years.


5/180 is awful for a 3rd/4th option. He won’t be easy to move for at least two more seasons.

I agree with Doug that OPJ is damaged goods. No way I resign him. I expect AK to flip him at the deadline to a contender for an asset.

I agree about past flexibility. GarPax never did anything with it. AK needs to be given a chance.
gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,272
And1: 202
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#92 » by gobullschi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Chi town wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Chi town wrote:AK will not be trading for the worst contract in the NBA... Tobias Harris.

He wants flexibility for FA And traded not locking himself in long term.

Word has been he has gushed over Coby.
He brought Lavine in to talk team going fwd it seems to build around Zach.
Him and Evs have said they love Wedell’s D.
Jury is out on Lauri and why he under performed last season.

KC has said many times he sees the current Bulls playing together till at least the deadline to see what they have.


Tobias Harris does not have the worst contract in the game. That’s silly. He averages 20PPG, 7RPG, & 3APG, just turned 28 years old, fills a position of need, and gives the Bulls flexibility moving forward because he can play both forward spots. He would be an easy player to flip in a trade later on too. The worst contract in the league is Al Horford who is way past his prime. There’s plenty of other terrible deals out there on guys who are all past their prime. Harris isn’t one of them.

I’m a huge Coby White fan. He’s apparently added a bunch of strength this offseason, but I do worry he is more Lou Williams than Jamaal Murray. Time will tell.

Right now OPJ is an asset. Do you expect the Bulls to resign him? What kind of contract will he demand? There are too many teams with cap space next season, which is going to make a guy like OPJ overpaid IMO. Best to move him now before losing him for nothing.

I hate when Bulls fans preach flexibility. That’s a GarPax strategy that’s been instilled in our heads over the years, that’s absolute BS. Flexibility is only valuable when your a contending team. No FA is coming to Chicago until they are in the playoffs for consecutive years.


5/180 is awful for a 3rd/4th option. He won’t be easy to move for at least two more seasons.

I agree with Doug that OPJ is damaged goods. No way I resign him. I expect AK to flip him at the deadline to a contender for an asset.

I agree about past flexibility. GarPax never did anything with it. AK needs to be given a chance.


AK hasn’t shown a past history of signing big free agents, what makes you think he will? That’s not how he helped build the Nuggets. That’s not even how FA works anymore.

A player doesn’t sign with a team because he likes their front office. He signs with them because it’s either a beautiful/warm place to live (LA, Miami, etc) or the team is projected to go deep in the playoffs and they want to be the guy to help win a championship. Chicago already has the cold weather working against us, so AK needs to build a team that can compete in the playoffs first.

If the Bulls are going to compete in the playoffs, they need to stay healthy, which is why OPJ needs to go. Bulls were a projected playoff team last year but got derailed by injuries. Staying healthy, upgrading from OPJ to Harris, a top 5 draft pick, continued development from our young core, and a proper head coach should be enough to get the Bulls out of their playoff drought.

By the All-Star Break, AK will need to decide what to do with Lauri. In the deal I proposed, it gives the Bulls an opportunity to add a guard with elite passing skills (LaMelo) to bring the most out of Markkanen. It’s the best way to evaluate a key asset for the Bulls. If he does decide to move on from Markkanen, TH gives AK “flexibility” because he can play both forward spots.

TH’s contract does limit what the Bulls can do in free agency, but who exactly are you expecting the Bulls to sign in the next two years? I don’t see any realistic options. Bulls can take a chance on TH and won’t have a hard time moving him in two years if need be. It’s another reason I want the Bulls to get LaMelo. Even if he ends up being a poor fit, he‘s “ultra popular” and puts people in the stands. Combining him and a proven talent like TH could come in handy later on to trade for a star that’s a better fit. This move helps the Bulls get immediately better and offers a contingency plan.
User avatar
drosereturn
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,281
And1: 1,368
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#93 » by drosereturn » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:20 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Chi town wrote:AK will not be trading for the worst contract in the NBA... Tobias Harris.

He wants flexibility for FA And traded not locking himself in long term.

Word has been he has gushed over Coby.
He brought Lavine in to talk team going fwd it seems to build around Zach.
Him and Evs have said they love Wedell’s D.
Jury is out on Lauri and why he under performed last season.

KC has said many times he sees the current Bulls playing together till at least the deadline to see what they have.


Tobias Harris does not have the worst contract in the game. That’s silly. He averages 20PPG, 7RPG, & 3APG, just turned 28 years old, fills a position of need, and gives the Bulls flexibility moving forward because he can play both forward spots. He would be an easy player to flip in a trade later on too. The worst contract in the league is Al Horford who is way past his prime. There’s plenty of other terrible deals out there on guys who are all past their prime. Harris isn’t one of them.

I’m a huge Coby White fan. He’s apparently added a bunch of strength this offseason, but I do worry he is more Lou Williams than Jamaal Murray. Time will tell.

Right now OPJ is an asset. Do you expect the Bulls to resign him? What kind of contract will he demand? There are too many teams with cap space next season, which is going to make a guy like OPJ overpaid IMO. Best to move him now before losing him for nothing.

I hate when Bulls fans preach flexibility. That’s a GarPax strategy that’s been instilled in our heads over the years, that’s absolute BS. Flexibility is only valuable when your a contending team. No FA is coming to Chicago until they are in the playoffs for consecutive years.


I only bring in Harris if they attach Thybulle while taking Felicio, Young. Hes one of the few off ball players you can build with Lavine while able to score 20ppg. Given AKs past history with Millsap, Harris is very much possible for a retool around Lavine.
They can get 1 more max in AD in 2021 to create a big 3 with Rondo/Lavine/Thybulle/Harris/AD.
Or someone like oladipo as a pg with no AD.

Get rid of rookies White, Lauri, Carter for future assets and sign ringchasers.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
User avatar
PlayerUp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,849
And1: 806
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Contact:

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#94 » by PlayerUp » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:55 pm

gobullschi wrote:[What’s the plan with OPJ long term? He’s going to command a big contract.


1. Push to trade him this offseason for an asset back + bad contract
2. If no trade, let him walk for nothing in 2021.

Otto is injury prone. He'll get a large contract as you said in 2021 and teams will instantly regret it. The guy can't stay healthy.
ArmTriangle
Ballboy
Posts: 9
And1: 6
Joined: Apr 09, 2020
       

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#95 » by ArmTriangle » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:05 pm

drosereturn wrote:I only bring in Harris if they attach Thybulle while taking Felicio, Young. Hes one of the few off ball players you can build with Lavine while able to score 20ppg. Given AKs past history with Millsap, Harris is very much possible for a retool around Lavine.
They can get 1 more max in AD in 2021 to create a big 3 with Rondo/Lavine/Thybulle/Harris/AD.
Get rid of rookies White, Lauri, Carter for future assets or sign a trade for AD and sign ringchasers.


Agreed 100%. This is the only way I consider taking back Harris.
gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,272
And1: 202
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#96 » by gobullschi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:27 pm

ArmTriangle wrote:
drosereturn wrote:I only bring in Harris if they attach Thybulle while taking Felicio, Young. Hes one of the few off ball players you can build with Lavine while able to score 20ppg. Given AKs past history with Millsap, Harris is very much possible for a retool around Lavine.
They can get 1 more max in AD in 2021 to create a big 3 with Rondo/Lavine/Thybulle/Harris/AD.
Get rid of rookies White, Lauri, Carter for future assets or sign a trade for AD and sign ringchasers.


Agreed 100%. This is the only way I consider taking back Harris.


Feels greedy IMO. Why does Phili do the deal then? OPJ helps them win right away. They aren’t going to trade every asset they have for our garbage.

It’s an odd stance to take too because neither OPJ, Young, or Felicio will be on the team anyways. Your fighting to absolute rob the Sixers for no real reason.

I mean if they’ll do it - great! :dontknow:
sco
RealGM
Posts: 15,075
And1: 3,881
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#97 » by sco » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:29 pm

gobullschi wrote:
ArmTriangle wrote:
drosereturn wrote:I only bring in Harris if they attach Thybulle while taking Felicio, Young. Hes one of the few off ball players you can build with Lavine while able to score 20ppg. Given AKs past history with Millsap, Harris is very much possible for a retool around Lavine.
They can get 1 more max in AD in 2021 to create a big 3 with Rondo/Lavine/Thybulle/Harris/AD.
Get rid of rookies White, Lauri, Carter for future assets or sign a trade for AD and sign ringchasers.


Agreed 100%. This is the only way I consider taking back Harris.


Feels greedy IMO. Why does Phili do the deal then? OPJ helps them win right away. They aren’t going to trade every asset they have for our garbage.

It’s an odd stance to take too because neither OPJ, Young, or Felicio will be on the team anyways. Your fighting to absolute rob the Sixers for no real reason.

I mean if they’ll do it - great! :dontknow:

Gets them in the Giannis sweepstakes. What's that worth to them? Harris is a rich-man's Boozer contract...he's better but his contract is WAAAY worse.
:clap:
gobullschi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,272
And1: 202
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#98 » by gobullschi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:51 pm

sco wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
ArmTriangle wrote:
Agreed 100%. This is the only way I consider taking back Harris.


Feels greedy IMO. Why does Phili do the deal then? OPJ helps them win right away. They aren’t going to trade every asset they have for our garbage.

It’s an odd stance to take too because neither OPJ, Young, or Felicio will be on the team anyways. Your fighting to absolute rob the Sixers for no real reason.

I mean if they’ll do it - great! :dontknow:

Gets them in the Giannis sweepstakes. What's that worth to them? Harris is a rich-man's Boozer contract...he's better but his contract is WAAAY worse.


The Sixers biggest problem is they have no outside shooters. The Sixers would obviously take him but it’s a really bad fit.

I don’t think they can be in the Giannis sweepstakes anyways bc they got Horford, Embiid, & Simmons already on huge deals.
User avatar
PlayerUp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,849
And1: 806
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Contact:

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#99 » by PlayerUp » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1996125&p=84937128#p84937128

Thoughts on this one?

Minny would consider a #1 for Lauri + #4. Not good value still for the Bulls but maybe they can also send us the #17?
sco
RealGM
Posts: 15,075
And1: 3,881
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#100 » by sco » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 pm

PlayerUp wrote:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1996125&p=84937128#p84937128

Thoughts on this one?

Minny would consider a #1 for Lauri + #4. Not good value still for the Bulls but maybe they can also send us the #17?

I'd do it if they sent us Layman too.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls