Image ImageImage Image

Lavine is....

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Lavine is...

1-a budding 1st option who we must keep
7%
2-a soon-to-be All Star who can be a #2 on a contender, and worth keeping
44%
3-A solid 3rd option/elite 6th man worth keeping
18%
4-A bum we should trade immediately
3%
5-a solid, yet flawed player who we should trade while his value is high
24%
6-I miss DRose and MJ (other)
4%

Total votes: 158

SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Re: Lavine is.... 

Post#221 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:15 pm

Definitely an All-Star. His contract is a Superstar.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#222 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:16 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
wonderboy2 wrote:If Zach Lavine deal is bad then Sato has the worst deal in the NBA. He gets paid 10 million dollars a year to do absolutely nonthing. Probably the worst free agent signing in bull history. Dunn was a better starting point guard than Sato. Lavine has definitely outplayed his contract. There are vet min players better than Sato.

Can you please shut up about Sato.

Sincerely,

Everyone

Nope dude sucks ass. People talk and criticize and pick apart Lavine, Carter’s, White, Markannan game all the time. All those players are better than Sato. So I can pick apart Satos game all I want. Especially when Kris Dunn who majority of this board want to let go out played Sato bum ass when he started at point guard the previous year. Sato production-wise last year was similar to Jerian Grant when he played for the bulls. The bulls are paying 10 million dollars a year to a guy producing like a finge NBA player. That’s a tough pill to swallow.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#223 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:26 pm

It’s actually very telling that Ak mentioned Lavine, Carter, Markannan, White, Gafford, Porter and even Thad Young as good pieces for the bulls. He didn’t mention Sato. I wonder why? It’s because he played like ass the whole season. But according to majority of this board he played well lmao. A guy that averaged 9 points 5 assist a game on 32 percent 3 point shooting is a keeper. But a guy that averaged 25 points 4 assist 5 rebounds on 45 percent from the field and 38 percent from 3 while being 3rd in the nba in unassisted 3 point shooting is overpaid and needs to be traded is plain stupid. Lavines defense was even better than Satos.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#224 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:30 pm

I don’t think I ever despised a bulls players game more than Satos. I mean Teague, Payne, and Jerian Grant are close. But they were young players on rookie scale contracts. Sato is a 29 year old vet that is getting payed 10 million dollars a year to play like ass.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#225 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:37 pm

Could you guys imagine if the bulls would’ve had Daren Collinson over Sato. My goodness that would’ve been an upgrade. I mean Collision does absolutely everything better than Sato. Even though Sato is 6’7 and Collison is like 6’0’he plays bigger than Sato. He’s a better shooter, has high basketball IQ, better defender, faster, more aggressive, better passer, and better leader. Apparently most of the bulls players wanted Collison to. Collison would’ve been a good mentor to Coby as well.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#226 » by Dez » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 pm

wonderboy2 wrote:Could you guys imagine if the bulls would’ve had Daren Collinson over Sato. My goodness that would’ve been an upgrade. I mean Collision does absolutely everything better than Sato. Even though Sato is 6’7 and Collison is like 6’0’he plays bigger than Sato. He’s a better shooter, has high basketball IQ, better defender, faster, more aggressive, better passer, and better leader. Apparently most of the bulls players wanted Collison to. Collison would’ve been a good mentor to Coby as well.

Dude come on it's a thread about LaVine, we get it you don't like Sato.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#227 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Dez wrote:
wonderboy2 wrote:Could you guys imagine if the bulls would’ve had Daren Collinson over Sato. My goodness that would’ve been an upgrade. I mean Collision does absolutely everything better than Sato. Even though Sato is 6’7 and Collison is like 6’0’he plays bigger than Sato. He’s a better shooter, has high basketball IQ, better defender, faster, more aggressive, better passer, and better leader. Apparently most of the bulls players wanted Collison to. Collison would’ve been a good mentor to Coby as well.

Dude come on it's a thread about LaVine, we get it you don't like Sato.

Well it’s a thread talking about contracts as well. People say Lavines contract is overpaid, but it’s a bargain when you look at Satos contract and what he’s making. Players like Collison would’ve been cheaper than Sato with better production if he was in the league. Lavine at 19 million is a hell of a better contract than Satos 10 million. It’s hard to figure out what Pax and Gar was thinking when they gave him that deal. Hopefully AK trade his ass on draft night.
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#228 » by sonny » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:42 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:Definitely an All-Star. His contract is a Superstar.

Zach was the 55th highest paid player in the league this year at $19.5M.

Terry Rozier
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Danillo Gallinari
Otto Porto
D'Angelo Russell
Andrew Wiggins
CJ McCollum
Demar Derozan
Tobias Harris

Make more than him. How is he making superstar money?
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#229 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:49 am

not Jimmy Butler.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Post#230 » by dice » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:26 am

wonderboy2 wrote:And to add on about Sato. He’s 6’7. and plays like a 5’9 guard. He doesn’t use his height at all on the court. He only averaged 3 rebounds a game. For a 6’7 player that’s **** terrible. 9 points 5 assist per game on 32 percent shooting is worst than the numbers Dunn put up as a starting point guard. Only Dunn plays very good defense and Sato defense is hot ****. And yet people on here say Lavine 19 million dollars contract is a bad contract. Lmao only on RealGM Bulls board.

sato averaged 5 rebounds per 36 minutes from the point guard position. hard to lyao about that aspect of his game. also 6.8 assists per 36 vs only 2.5 TO when his usage was only 17.7%. can't complain about that either. gets a fair amount of steals, is good in some areas of defense and not so good in others. his defense isn't particularly notable one way or the other

other than his poor FG shooting this season, there's really nothing notable about the performance of a guy that the chicago bulls paid to perform like a backup point guard

sato was the thirty-second highest paid free agent contract point guard in the league this season. and then there are the clear starter-caliber players on rookie contracts (morant, luka, simmons, trae, fox, murray). so sato was basically paid to produce like the THIRTY-EIGHTH best point guard in the league. and he's on a flat deal. so additional players will leapfrog him in salary over the remaining two years of his deal

the trajectory of this team over the next couple of years is highly unlikely to be significantly impacted by tomas satoransky or his contract. the same is quite obviously not true of zach lavine

so there's very good reason that there is a lot more discussion about lavine on this board than there is about satoransky
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#231 » by wonderboy2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:28 am

Nope you can get a vet min player to give you 9 points and 5 assist. There’s was literally no starting pg worse than Sato last year. His defense was terrible. He did literally nontjjj in big well. No team was going to pay him 10 million but the bulls jumped the gun and overpaid. He produced similar numbers to Jerian Grant. If Sato wasn’t Euro this board would be bashing his poor play. Sato absolutely did nonthing well last season. Out of all the players Sato was left open the most and he couldn’t produce.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#232 » by wonderboy2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:38 am

These was Sato stats the last 5 games 10 points 5 assist, 6 points 8 assist, 4 points 1 assist, 5 points 5 assist. He averaged 30 minutes a game in that span. I could’ve gone back way farther but it’s no need to. That’s the production Sato gives you. Most vet min players could produce way more than that. Bulls has other options. I rather Coby learn from a Darren Collison, Brogdon, or Beverly than a Sato. Sato is massively overpaid. Lavine contract is a bargain. Sato and Felecio are terrible contracts on the bulls.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#233 » by drosereturn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:18 am

sonny wrote:

Terry Rozier
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Danillo Gallinari
Otto Porto
D'Angelo Russell
Andrew Wiggins
CJ McCollum
Demar Derozan
Tobias Harris

Him making 20 doesnt matter bc he is a long term player so lets talk about his future contract which is about 30~35 per yr.
Just like nobody cares abt Lauri making rookie contract bc he is rfa.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#234 » by drosereturn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am

dice wrote:
wonderboy2 wrote:And to add on about Sato. He’s 6’7. and plays like a 5’9 guard. He doesn’t use his height at all on the court. He only averaged 3 rebounds a game. For a 6’7 player that’s **** terrible. 9 points 5 assist per game on 32 percent shooting is worst than the numbers Dunn put up as a starting point guard. Only Dunn plays very good defense and Sato defense is hot ****. And yet people on here say Lavine 19 million dollars contract is a bad contract. Lmao only on RealGM Bulls board.

sato averaged 5 rebounds per 36 minutes from the point guard position. hard to lyao about that aspect of his game. also 6.8 assists per 36 vs only 2.5 TO when his usage was only 17.7%. can't complain about that either. gets a fair amount of steals, is good in some areas of defense and not so good in others. his defense isn't particularly notable one way or the other

other than his poor FG shooting this season, there's really nothing notable about the performance of a guy that the chicago bulls paid to perform like a backup point guard

sato was the thirty-second highest paid free agent contract point guard in the league this season. and then there are the clear starter-caliber players on rookie contracts (morant, luka, simmons, trae, fox, murray). so sato was basically paid to produce like the THIRTY-EIGHTH best point guard in the league. and he's on a flat deal. so additional players will leapfrog him in salary over the remaining two years of his deal

the trajectory of this team over the next couple of years is highly unlikely to be significantly impacted by tomas satoransky or his contract. the same is quite obviously not true of zach lavine

so there's very good reason that there is a lot more discussion about lavine on this board than there is about satoransky

very good point. never understand why is there so much hate on Sato when its Lavines fault he played like hot garbage outside of scoring. if you really think Sato is not the 38th best pg in this league, need to get your eyes checked. its true he has disappointed me but it was bc I had unrealistic borderline all star expectations with a larger role. As much as he gets bashed, he is still easily the starting pg of this team unless a major upgrade like CP3 comes.

veterans like Sato, Young rarely move the needle whether its production or contract. They are just here to form a stable environment and let the young guys adjust to the league. Its guys like Lavine and Porter AK needs to be very cautious of when dealing.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#235 » by wonderboy2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 am

drosereturn wrote:
dice wrote:

very good point. never understand why is there so much hate on Sato when its Lavines fault he played like hot garbage outside of scoring. if you really think Sato is not the 38th best pg in this league, need to get your eyes checked. its true he has disappointed me but it was bc I had unrealistic borderline all star expectations with a larger role. As much as he gets bashed, he is still easily the starting pg of this team unless a major upgrade like CP3 comes.

Actually that’s the silliest thing I ever heard on this board. I think I have heard everything now lmao. It’s Lavine fault that Sato wouldn’t take open looks from 3. It’s Lavine fault that Sato shot 32 percent from 3. Its Lavine fault that bottom feeder point guards actually lit Sato up like a Christmas tree on defense. So tell me this Lavine did not play the last 5 games of the season and Sato scored 6, 10, 6, 4, 5 points in his last 5 games. It’s not Lavine fault that Sato sucked ass all season. Actually Lavine should be getting some of Sato paycheck because most of the times Satos man left him wide open to double Lavine. Sato had all the opportunity to thrive and did not take advantage. Sato is one of the worst starting point guards ever. Definitely the worst starting point guard last year.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#236 » by SHO'NUFF » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:07 am

sonny wrote:

Terry Rozier
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Danillo Gallinari
Otto Porto
D'Angelo Russell
Andrew Wiggins
CJ McCollum
Demar Derozan
Tobias Harris

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. His contract is so good that it’s a superstar.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#237 » by Rose2Boozer » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:38 pm

I think this is the off season for bold moves, but trading Lavine shouldn't be on the radar. In a draft where just about all of the players are boom or bust, AK gotta do his homework and get this pick right. It would be great to see him forget about next offseason free agaency and take on a contract for a 2021 first round pick. I think trading Markkanen or Carter Jr. would also be one of those bold moves that would definitely affect future team building. This should not be a punt off season, imo.
ROLES & HOLES
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Post#238 » by Chewie » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:17 am

holv03 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lavine looks like he added some muscle to his frame. He looks stronger.

Jacked. Must have seen Last Dance footage where Grover got MJ lifting and added 20lbs of muscle to him.
Turn down for what?
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#239 » by ZOMG » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:54 am

Chewie wrote:
holv03 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jacked. Must have seen Last Dance footage where Grover got MJ lifting and added 20lbs of muscle to him.

Nah, I think he only needed to see how Lauri took his game to another level when the Bulls ordered him to bulk up. Such an inspiration!
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#240 » by Dez » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:44 am

ZOMG wrote:
Chewie wrote:
holv03 wrote:

Nah, I think he only needed to see how Lauri took his game to another level when the Bulls ordered him to bulk up. Such an inspiration!

Lauri's problem wasn't bulking up, just using that is a cop out and an excuse.

Return to Chicago Bulls