Image ImageImage Image

OT Bears 2019/20 season

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,425

Re: OT Bears 2019/20 season 

Post#2021 » by fleet » Sun Dec 6, 2020 10:23 pm

transplant wrote:The Bears offense was better than the Bears defense today...and they lost to a bad Lions team. I understand everyone wanting to see heads roll. I've never been into that.

Shows how much QB play means. Just merely competent performance means so much. Which is why choosing the QB means so much for a GM. You simply cannot bypass the evaluation of the QB when you are deciding if the GM has done his job. It’s totally determinative to the evaluation if the team fails in WL column.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,554

Post#2022 » by dice » Sun Dec 6, 2020 10:38 pm

fleet wrote:
transplant wrote:The Bears offense was better than the Bears defense today...and they lost to a bad Lions team. I understand everyone wanting to see heads roll. I've never been into that.

Shows how much QB play means. Just merely competent performance means so much. Which is why choosing the QB means so much for a GM. You simply cannot bypass the evaluation of the QB when you are deciding if the GM has done his job. It’s totally determinative to the evaluation if the team fails in WL column.

the bears over the past 3 seasons are a case study in how much more a QB means than any other position on the field
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#2023 » by fleet » Sun Dec 6, 2020 10:40 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:
fleet wrote:Weve talked about the D wearing out by the end of the season, but it could be happening earlier. Especially when they may feel abused and hopeless.

I don't see a burned out defense. I see bad scheming from Pagano. He plays a bend, don't break defense when they should be going after QBs and applying deep pressure. Hicks is out, so what. They have more than enough talent to be top 3 at worst. Pagano wouldn't be good enough to coach a high school defense. He doesn't belong as a DC in the NFL.

If the hypothesis is that there is a scheme reason for the collapse of the last 2 weeks, I don’t see that conversely. Something has to give in this conversation. This is the same scheme that took them to a top quality D all year. Mack has stopped putting up numbers. Quinn never started, but is on the field anyway. Hicks is banged up. The linebackers appear healthy, but aside from Smith, not sure if production is up or dwindling, I would have to check. The DBs seem Ok to me. But they dont look fresh as a defense imo.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#2024 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 10:41 pm

Ice Man wrote:Lord, reading this thread is like reading the Bulls thread. Everybody hoping that the team continues to lose so that it gets better draft pick and that the executives get fired. I pity you people, I already have one team like that with the Bulls and I would never, ever want another. Thank the Lord I have never had any use for the Bears. I don't think I could stand caring for them.
Ummm, what pray tell should fans be doing then? There's nothing much to root for lately and currently and upper management seems complacent with how the team is going.

Sent from my SM-F707U using RealGM mobile app
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#2025 » by transplant » Sun Dec 6, 2020 10:42 pm

fleet wrote:

Haha, so true. I'm 66 and have been a Bears fan since Bill Wade was behind center. We've never really gotten it right for more than a year or two. It would be great if I could stop caring so much.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#2026 » by fleet » Sun Dec 6, 2020 10:51 pm

transplant wrote:
fleet wrote:

Haha, so true. I'm 66 and have been a Bears fan since Bill Wade was behind center. We've never really gotten it right for more than a year or two. It would be great if I could stop caring so much.

We can’t stop caring. All we can do is stop participating if it hurts too much. I stepped away from the Sox and Bulls Now I am back for both teams because they changed their MO. If the Bears stay with the middle ground of building defense with no offense, Im about ready to walk away. Change at the top is the only way out of the malaise.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,763

Post#2027 » by Jeffster81 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 11:00 pm

Bears need to keep losing. No point in winning because that would increase the chances of Pace/Nagy staying. Finish the season @ 5-11 and chances are good both are gone after the season.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#2028 » by fleet » Sun Dec 6, 2020 11:00 pm

It just hit me that I don’t recall Mitch taking deep shots in the game. So he’s still limiting production even if you like his performance. A complete QB perhaps puts up 40 with a full playbook.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#2029 » by Dominator83 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 11:04 pm

fleet wrote:
transplant wrote:
fleet wrote:Shows how much QB play means. Just merely competent performance means so much. Which is why choosing the QB means so much for a GM. You simply cannot bypass the evaluation of the QB when you are deciding if the GM has done his job. It’s totally determinative to the evaluation if the team fails in WL column.

We can’t stop caring. All we can do is stop participating if it hurts too much. I stepped away from the Sox and Bulls Now I am back for both teams because they changed their MO. If the Bears stay with the middle ground of building defense with no offense, Im about ready to walk away. Change at the top is the only way out of the malaise.

Yep. I still care but I don't care? Rooting hard for losses though. We need our pick to be within striking distance for a QB. And we badly need that Bulls-style house cleaning at the top. McKaskey sucks and always seems complacent with mediocrity , but even JR had to draw a line somewhere with the Bulls. So miracles do happen.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !

Return to Chicago Bulls