Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Beat back in a new format with Mark K and See Red Fred

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,699

Re: The Bulls Beat is back 

Post#21 » by dougthonus » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Dieselbound&Down wrote:Doug is like the groundhog or a robin. Comes out when times are getting better and the sun starts to shine. I expect this team to pull a miracle in the lottery and be in the ECF in 3 years. And for this board to feel relevant again.

Haha, I have podcasted through some pretty dark times, but I definitely get fatigue through those times too. I'm actually not very optimistic about the next 2-3 years, but I hope to be proven wrong. The main difference maker is I can now trivially watch every game again which wasn't rue in the past.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#22 » by Dominator83 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:53 am

While working remote is great for the employees, it wreaks Havoc on our economy. There's a high cost that we'll start to see in the next year or 2. But that's a different topic for a different day.

Glad to see Doug totally recharged! I remember a couple years ago things were so bad he went on hiatus, as did lots of us. I'm guessing this year no matter what, we won't be seeing any 2 page game threads!
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#23 » by dougthonus » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:47 pm

Dominater wrote:While working remote is great for the employees, it wreaks Havoc on our economy. There's a high cost that we'll start to see in the next year or 2. But that's a different topic for a different day.

It definitely shifts a lot of things. Our expenses are way down due to remote work, somewhat related to COVID as well and not purely remote work though, but massive reductions in transportation costs, corporate real estate will have the bottom drop out of its value, previously high cost of rent areas should recede in value if that cost was associated with proximity to city jobs that aren't as valuable anymore etc...

Glad to see Doug totally recharged! I remember a couple years ago things were so bad he went on hiatus, as did lots of us. I'm guessing this year no matter what, we won't be seeing any 2 page game threads!

If we are healthy, I think we'll be a lot better. If not, then I don't expect much improvement.
@doug_thonus on twitter
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#24 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:27 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Dominater wrote:While working remote is great for the employees, it wreaks Havoc on our economy. There's a high cost that we'll start to see in the next year or 2. But that's a different topic for a different day.

It definitely shifts a lot of things. Our expenses are way down due to remote work, somewhat related to COVID as well and not purely remote work though, but massive reductions in transportation costs, corporate real estate will have the bottom drop out of its value, previously high cost of rent areas should recede in value if that cost was associated with proximity to city jobs that aren't as valuable anymore etc...

If we are healthy, I think we'll be a lot better. If not, then I don't expect much improvement.

Just read that over 90% of NYC restaurants did not pay their rent/lease last month. Just imagine how much retail space and office space has been stagnant over the last 6 months. Commercial real estate is going to take a huge hit like you just said.. the bottom is going to drop out.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#25 » by dougthonus » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:39 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Just read that over 90% of NYC restaurants did not pay their rent/lease last month. Just imagine how much retail space and office space has been stagnant over the last 6 months. Commercial real estate is going to take a huge hit like you just said.. the bottom is going to drop out.

I worry about Illinois as a state a lot for this reason too. Our taxes are through the roof already, and a huge amount of that revenue is driven by Chicago which is going to be hit by similar things. I somewhat what to flee the state for that reason, but I have too many ties that it makes sense to do so, especially right now.

A decision I can always make later of course, worst case scenario is I take a bath on my house, but we bought at a point that the market was reasonably low, and I don't think Illinois will become so apocalyptically bad to live in that I lose 50% of its value or anything.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#26 » by Dominator83 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:00 am

dougthonus wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Just read that over 90% of NYC restaurants did not pay their rent/lease last month. Just imagine how much retail space and office space has been stagnant over the last 6 months. Commercial real estate is going to take a huge hit like you just said.. the bottom is going to drop out.

I worry about Illinois as a state a lot for this reason too. Our taxes are through the roof already, and a huge amount of that revenue is driven by Chicago which is going to be hit by similar things. I somewhat what to flee the state for that reason, but I have too many ties that it makes sense to do so, especially right now.

A decision I can always make later of course, worst case scenario is I take a bath on my house, but we bought at a point that the market was reasonably low, and I don't think Illinois will become so apocalyptically bad to live in that I lose 50% of its value or anything.

Your house is effing awesome BTW. I wouldn't wanna move either. Lol

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#27 » by dougthonus » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 am

Dominater wrote:Your house is effing awesome BTW. I wouldn't wanna move either. Lol

Thanks, we bought at a good time apparently. I've looked at other houses, and even in lower cost of living areas, I haven't seen something similarly nice for less money than we paid.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Alcatraz17
Sixth Man
And1: 994

Post#28 » by Alcatraz17 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Welcome back!
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#29 » by transplant » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Good luck on your return, Doug.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#30 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:14 pm

Do you need 30 minutes on Jordan vs LeBron?

Of course you do.
bullsbeat.podbean.com (or itunes, spotify, google podcasts, probably other places)
@doug_thonus on twitter
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#31 » by sco » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:18 pm

dougthonus wrote:Do you need 30 minutes on Jordan vs LeBron?

Of course you do.
bullsbeat.podbeat.com (or itunes, spotify, google podcasts, probably other places)

that podbeat.com link didn't work for me.
:clap:
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#32 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm

sco wrote:
dougthonus wrote:Do you need 30 minutes on Jordan vs LeBron?

Of course you do.
bullsbeat.podbeat.com (or itunes, spotify, google podcasts, probably other places)

that podbeat.com link didn't work for me.

Fixed a typo:
bullsbeat.podbean.com
@doug_thonus on twitter
aldama23
Senior
And1: 75

Post#33 » by aldama23 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:10 pm

Sooo excited! I hardly post, just read. This definitely needed a post!
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#34 » by dougthonus » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:04 pm

My NBA Draft preview if you are interested.

links to various platforms here:
www.linktr.ee/bullsbeat
@doug_thonus on twitter
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#35 » by Southpaw » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:33 pm

Awesome! Will definitely give it a listen.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#36 » by Pax for Prez » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

dougthonus wrote:My NBA Draft preview if you are interested.

www.linktr.ee/bullsbeat

Thanks Doug Great Listen !!

What are your thoughts on PG Kira Lewis ?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#37 » by dougthonus » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:29 pm

Pax for Prez wrote:
dougthonus wrote:My NBA Draft preview if you are interested.

www.linktr.ee/bullsbeat

Thanks Doug Great Listen !!

What are your thoughts on PG Kira Lewis ?

I think he's generally in the tier of guys I had in 7-10. I considered him in that range. Reminds me of Lou Williams. Not sure he's going to be enough of a creator / turns it over too much, but super fast and nice offensive package. Not quite big enough to be a 2 and not quite playmaker enough to be a 1, but a sweet bench combo guard.
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#38 » by dougthonus » Sun Nov 8, 2020 5:20 pm

If you need over an hour on the NBA draft with youtube NBA draft superstar, Corey from the Hardwood Herald (and damn right you do), check out the latest Bulls Beat. Will try to stop plugging the show here so much after this, but I don't to do guests so often and thought this one was worth highlighting because Corey is an up and coming star player in this area and dropped some fantastic content.

All of the links for the show can be gotten here: http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat
@doug_thonus on twitter
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#39 » by Dominator83 » Sun Nov 8, 2020 7:23 pm

dougthonus wrote:If you need over an hour on the NBA draft with youtube NBA draft superstar, Corey from the Hardwood Herald (and damn right you do), check out the latest Bulls Beat. Will try to stop plugging the show here so much after this, but I don't to do guests so often and thought this one was worth highlighting because Corey is an up and coming star player in this area and dropped some fantastic content.

I don't think anybody here has a problem with your plugs. Plug away Doug!

Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#40 » by Pax for Prez » Sun Nov 8, 2020 9:01 pm

dougthonus wrote:If you need over an hour on the NBA draft with youtube NBA draft superstar, Corey from the Hardwood Herald (and damn right you do), check out the latest Bulls Beat. Will try to stop plugging the show here so much after this, but I don't to do guests so often and thought this one was worth highlighting because Corey is an up and coming star player in this area and dropped some fantastic content.

Thanks Doug & Corey another Great Listen !!

I also like it when you post and update a new update.

Return to Chicago Bulls