Image ImageImage Image

Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#21 » by rtblues » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:41 am

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Stupid Coby - fries lead to 2assists a game. Can’t believe the kid not committed to passing the rock.

Wait, what? Dafaq does this even mean?
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#22 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am

rtblues wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Stupid Coby - fries lead to 2assists a game. Can’t believe the kid not committed to passing the rock.

Wait, what? Dafaq does this even mean?

You serious? It has been scientifically proven that fries lead to less assists.

#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#23 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:01 pm

so is this technically like the start of training camp?

This is about when it begins and does this mean they are getting paid now?

Hard to look at this stiff and get excited until i know when we'll see them play again.
I'm thinking no NBA until after the SuperBowl. Bubble teams deserve some rest
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#24 » by TeamMan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Dez wrote:
TeamMan wrote:
Dez wrote:
Literally 10 seconds into the video.....

When he got the ball he was at least 6 ft away from the paint and his ending shot was a turn around fade away jumper 10 feet away from the paint.

That's not post play.

Post play, is when the player sets up his position as close as he possibly can to the paint, then turns or dribbles into the paint for a short shot or dunk.

No it's still post play, you described playing in the low post.

A center is the low post.

A PF is the high post.
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#25 » by gardenofsound » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:41 pm

TeamMan wrote:
Dez wrote:
TeamMan wrote:When he got the ball he was at least 6 ft away from the paint and his ending shot was a turn around fade away jumper 10 feet away from the paint.

That's not post play.

Post play, is when the player sets up his position as close as he possibly can to the paint, then turns or dribbles into the paint for a short shot or dunk.

No it's still post play, you described playing in the low post.

A center is the low post.

A PF is the high post.

Maybe pre 2013, but these days a C can operate all over the court on offense, though there wouldn't be an expectation for them to break down a defender with their handle like a guard might.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#26 » by FriedRise » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:49 pm

Episode 1 is out - 7m of video for the first week of the Bubble Minicamp.

;ab_channel=ChicagoBulls
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#27 » by khufure » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:27 pm

FriedRise wrote:Episode 1 is out - 7m of video for the first week of the Bubble Minicamp.

;ab_channel=ChicagoBulls

Like how they said everyone in the boat restaurant is masked up. But then you look around and obviously people have their masks off to eat! Well they getting enough testing though.

Only a few more months till Oxford or whatever 'warp speed' stage3 vaccine is done. NBA/NFL etc will have access and get players vaccine shots in late 2020.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,897

Post#28 » by TheStig » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Has Carter learned to hit a corner 3? That's what I really care about.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#29 » by ChettheJet » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:21 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:so is this technically like the start of training camp?

This is about when it begins and does this mean they are getting paid now?

Hard to look at this stiff and get excited until i know when we'll see them play again.
I'm thinking no NBA until after the SuperBowl. Bubble teams deserve some rest

I would say this is 'The boss is up there in the stands watching and if I have any desire to stay here I'm gonna bust my ass to show him I've been working on my game' camp. Players under contract are getting paid. if it has run out like Dunn or Valentine no but they could pay for insurance to practice and work out.

Both AK and ME have seen these guys play the last couple of years, or they saw film leading up to when they were drafted. And have probably watched this seasons games on tape, which helped Boylen get fired. So they aren't a mystery but now they can see how they approach practice and if there's enough of a work ethic present to feel they can improve.

Of course they've said good things about everybody, you don't insult your players nor point out faults so other teams hear what you said. But this is where they need to have the big board and decide, do we offer Dunn (absent) or Valentine the qualifying offer, look for trade options or just let them go. Which guys at the end of the bench look good enough to keep or can we do better. What could we get for Hutchison before he gets injured. Besides the usual, is anybody desperate enough for a center that they send anything for Felicio. Could anybody want to dump a late FRP for Young.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#30 » by TheFinishSniper » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:34 pm

TheStig wrote:Has Carter learned to hit a corner 3? That's what I really care about.

lol good one. let's not put too high expectations on him. I would settle for good rate of solid mid-range shots. guy cant shoot at all.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,897

Post#31 » by TheStig » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:55 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
TheStig wrote:Has Carter learned to hit a corner 3? That's what I really care about.

lol good one. let's not put too high expectations on him. I would settle for good rate of solid mid-range shots. guy cant shoot at all.

He can shoot the mid range. Time to move to the corner 3. he's a high lottery pick.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#32 » by FriedRise » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#33 » by wonderboy2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:46 am

Carter actually has a nice stroke and good mechanics. He will be a decent shooter when he gains confidence. I think his midrange is definitely going to be there this season.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,949

Post#34 » by Chi town » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:14 am

Good to see Makoka in that video. Hope he’s playing well.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#35 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Chi town wrote:
CBS7 wrote:Good God I hope Lauri has a good year. I was all in on him in year 2. Want to be excited about this team again.

Gotta love Felicio standing in the buffet line. Enjoy it while it lasts big fella.

He can afford OCB for the rest of his life with the contract he got.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#36 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm

I hope. All I know is Reinsdorf aint picking him on gas station in Chicago being homeless. he already got charity worth 32M for 4 years of doing chores.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#37 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:30 pm

FriedRise wrote:Episode 1 is out - 7m of video for the first week of the Bubble Minicamp.

;ab_channel=ChicagoBulls

good stuff, a little glimpse at what the guys are up to.

so nice to watch it without a scowling Pax or clueless GarPax somewhere in there ruining the mood.

I love Zach asking Coby to autograph it so he can take it home.
I pray daily these 2 are bonding and hitting it off and becoming buddies. These 2 are our future.

I love Coby. He's a better personailty to build around than Rose. Same humbleness - but Coby has personality, seems to want to listen to others and find his place on the team.

I picture Rose on a boat cruise like that sitting alone with his brother Reggie and the rest of the team afraid to approach him.
Swuul
Junior
And1: 276

Post#38 » by Swuul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:12 pm

According to a rumour I allowed to be told to me, Lauri is genuinely hyped about Billy Donovan.

In other news, I didn't have a chance to see Lauri this summer (I didn't even know he had visited Finland this summer, but then again, why should I have known that?), but he is said to be slimmer and faster, having focused on his lower body strength (instead of pumping iron, as he was told by Boylen the previous two summers), as per the discussions he has had with AKME in April/May. According to this same source, Lauri seems to really look up to AK as a basketball guru, while also regarding the words of ME as sage advice.

Yet in other rumours I couldn't help hearing, Lauri and WCJ seem to have come to terms with each other. Lauri doesn't anymore think WCJ is digging the ground under him, though it is pretty obvious they'll never be buddy-buddies after how WCJ behaved.
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who can't.
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#39 » by gardenofsound » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:58 pm

Swuul wrote:According to a rumour I allowed to be told to me, Lauri is genuinely hyped about Billy Donovan.

In other news, I didn't have a chance to see Lauri this summer (I didn't even know he had visited Finland this summer, but then again, why should I have known that?), but he is said to be slimmer and faster, having focused on his lower body strength (instead of pumping iron, as he was told by Boylen the previous two summers), as per the discussions he has had with AKME in April/May. According to this same source, Lauri seems to really look up to AK as a basketball guru, while also regarding the words of ME as sage advice.

Yet in other rumours I couldn't help hearing, Lauri and WCJ seem to have come to terms with each other. Lauri doesn't anymore think WCJ is digging the ground under him, though it is pretty obvious they'll never be buddy-buddies after how WCJ behaved.

This is the first I'm hearing of any rift between them. What did WCJ do?
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,346

Post#40 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:01 pm

Swuul wrote:According to a rumour I allowed to be told to me, Lauri is genuinely hyped about Billy Donovan.

In other news, I didn't have a chance to see Lauri this summer (I didn't even know he had visited Finland this summer, but then again, why should I have known that?), but he is said to be slimmer and faster, having focused on his lower body strength (instead of pumping iron, as he was told by Boylen the previous two summers),

I actually wanted to point out that this is the first offseason where it didnt look like Lauri was trying to be Ivan Drago's stunt double. He does look alot trimmer this time around and I think that is what he needs.
The Cult of Personality

Return to Chicago Bulls