Image ImageImage Image

Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

ZOMG
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,837
And1: 2,203
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#81 » by ZOMG » Wed Oct 7, 2020 6:14 am

Dez wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
Lauri already gets most of his passes when he's unguarded and isn't asked to create his own shot. The vast majority of his three point looks last year were qualified as open or wide open. Part of his complaint was the exact opposite of this, that he doesn't want to be a guy getting kick outs and wants to be more involved.

Butler's a really weird guy to bring up in that circumstance, probably not a whole lot better than LaVine really, and not a guy that could have ever played with Lauri since Lauri was part of the goods that came trading him out.


Weird take. You can be damn sure that Lauri has always been under orders from both Fred and Boylen to try to score when he sees daylight. A guy who can shoot but refuses to do so is a very bad thing to have on your team in the modern NBA. Sure, we all know this didn't work like it was supposed to because there was so little natural ball movement - Markkanen often didn't see the rock for a long while so when he got it, he seemed hellbent on putting a shot up. He knew that he'd look even worse if he just handed the ball off again. Passive. Avoiding responsibility.

Also, I'll use the exact same argument people always trot out in defense of Zach - who's he gonna pass to out there? There's been numerous lineups where Lauri and LaVine are the only two legit scoring options. So Lauri drives, draws the defense... and surveys his passing options. Carter clogging the lane looking for a rebound, a hobbled Porter out on the perimeter with a dude glued to his chest, Arci standing near midcourt, not doing much of anything. Yeah, I think he's gonna put a shot up.


Except he doesn't do this, he's passive and weak.


Do you have any idea how difficult it is to dribble drive from the perimeter in the NBA if the defense doesn't respect the shots of 3 of your teammates? Because that's the story of the last 3 years for the Bulls. This team has been packed with people who can be ignored on offense, which has made it very difficult for players like LaVine and Markkanen to find space.

That's why it's extremely important that we don't draft or sign any more non-shooters. The remaining ones should be shipped out ASAP.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
Dez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,028
And1: 5,489
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#82 » by Dez » Wed Oct 7, 2020 7:22 am

ZOMG wrote:
Dez wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Weird take. You can be damn sure that Lauri has always been under orders from both Fred and Boylen to try to score when he sees daylight. A guy who can shoot but refuses to do so is a very bad thing to have on your team in the modern NBA. Sure, we all know this didn't work like it was supposed to because there was so little natural ball movement - Markkanen often didn't see the rock for a long while so when he got it, he seemed hellbent on putting a shot up. He knew that he'd look even worse if he just handed the ball off again. Passive. Avoiding responsibility.

Also, I'll use the exact same argument people always trot out in defense of Zach - who's he gonna pass to out there? There's been numerous lineups where Lauri and LaVine are the only two legit scoring options. So Lauri drives, draws the defense... and surveys his passing options. Carter clogging the lane looking for a rebound, a hobbled Porter out on the perimeter with a dude glued to his chest, Arci standing near midcourt, not doing much of anything. Yeah, I think he's gonna put a shot up.


Except he doesn't do this, he's passive and weak.


Do you have any idea how difficult it is to dribble drive from the perimeter in the NBA if the defense doesn't respect the shots of 3 of your teammates? Because that's the story of the last 3 years for the Bulls. This team has been packed with people who can be ignored on offense, which has made it very difficult for players like LaVine and Markkanen to find space.

That's why it's extremely important that we don't draft or sign any more non-shooters. The remaining ones should be shipped out ASAP.


Why aren't the defenses respecting their shots?

Arch - 39% from 3
Porter - 39% from 3
LaVine - 38% from 3

Markkanen can't find space because he has very limited ability to create it for himself, teams don't need to double Lauri because he rarely shoots over smaller defenders and he's not strong enough to bully them.
ZOMG
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,837
And1: 2,203
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#83 » by ZOMG » Wed Oct 7, 2020 8:43 am

Dez wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Dez wrote:
Except he doesn't do this, he's passive and weak.


Do you have any idea how difficult it is to dribble drive from the perimeter in the NBA if the defense doesn't respect the shots of 3 of your teammates? Because that's the story of the last 3 years for the Bulls. This team has been packed with people who can be ignored on offense, which has made it very difficult for players like LaVine and Markkanen to find space.

That's why it's extremely important that we don't draft or sign any more non-shooters. The remaining ones should be shipped out ASAP.


Why aren't the defenses respecting their shots?

Arch - 39% from 3
Porter - 39% from 3
LaVine - 38% from 3


Markkanen can't find space because he has very limited ability to create it for himself, teams don't need to double Lauri because he rarely shoots over smaller defenders and he's not strong enough to bully them.


You know very well I didn't include LaVine when I said "3 teammates". And Porter barely played last season.

White (who sucked for most of the season), Gafford, Dunn, Carter, Shaq, Hutchison, Felicio... An incredible list of non-shooters for an NBA team.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
Dez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,028
And1: 5,489
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#84 » by Dez » Wed Oct 7, 2020 10:16 am

ZOMG wrote:
Dez wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to dribble drive from the perimeter in the NBA if the defense doesn't respect the shots of 3 of your teammates? Because that's the story of the last 3 years for the Bulls. This team has been packed with people who can be ignored on offense, which has made it very difficult for players like LaVine and Markkanen to find space.

That's why it's extremely important that we don't draft or sign any more non-shooters. The remaining ones should be shipped out ASAP.


Why aren't the defenses respecting their shots?

Arch - 39% from 3
Porter - 39% from 3
LaVine - 38% from 3


Markkanen can't find space because he has very limited ability to create it for himself, teams don't need to double Lauri because he rarely shoots over smaller defenders and he's not strong enough to bully them.


You know very well I didn't include LaVine when I said "3 teammates". And Porter barely played last season.

White (who sucked for most of the season), Gafford, Dunn, Carter, Shaq, Hutchison, Felicio... An incredible list of non-shooters for an NBA team.


Why not include LaVine? He's a teammate Lauri can pass to.

You used Porter in an example, I simply pointed out that he can shoot.

Arch can shoot.

White can shoot even with his poor start, he found his shot as the season went on.

You say Porter barely played and then list Hutch, Shaq and Felicio for your argument? You can't have it both ways.
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 47,846
And1: 7,788
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#85 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:47 am

TeamMan wrote:I only mention Butler because you can see the effect that he has while playing with a group of young players that are talented, but not All Stars (like LeBron has with AD).


Up until this playoff run, the phrase Jimmy Butler helping a group of young guys would be about the last thing anyone would have ever said about Jimmy Butler, and that's really the point.

We're calling him the avatar of a guy who develops players despite the fact that in three of the four teams he was on he was an absolute negative drag on culture and openly feuded with his team and called them out publicly and more or less was the opposite of that?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, but I definitely have Jimmy Butler fatigue on this forum because people have so much angst over trading him and feel like "that could have been us if we just kept Butler" when really it could only have been us if we went back in time and undid about three or four landmark decisions prior to the Butler trade and then also were way better afterwards. We completely mismanaged the team in that era, including Butler which is why we have new management of course.

I cannot honestly say that LaVine is a threat to put up a triple-double "on any given night". (I checked, and it appears that he's never had one in the NBA.)


Not sure what triple doubles have to do with developing players, but Butler has 8 in 655 games. I'm not sure that's really a triple double on any given night guy. Jimmy's historical assist rate is certainly nothing special, and for his career per minute, he's right around where LaVine is and certainly around where LaVine was at the same age.
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 47,846
And1: 7,788
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#86 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:53 am

ZOMG wrote:Weird take. You can be damn sure that Lauri has always been under orders from both Fred and Boylen to try to score when he sees daylight. A guy who can shoot but refuses to do so is a very bad thing to have on your team in the modern NBA. Sure, we all know this didn't work like it was supposed to because there was so little natural ball movement - Markkanen often didn't see the rock for a long while so when he got it, he seemed hellbent on putting a shot up. He knew that he'd look even worse if he just handed the ball off again. Passive. Avoiding responsibility.


Seems like on a different thread than what I was talking about. The original point was Lauri needs someone to get him open looks to be successful. I noted that most of Lauri's looks were open, and he got a lot of them, his rate of open/wide open threes was extremely high, and he shot them very poorly relative to the league.

Lauri complained about this role where he had guys trying to create open looks and was just standing around too much, and did not want to be a guy whom other people generate looks for. He wanted the ball in his hands more to create his own looks apparently.

That does match with what you say about him not getting the ball so much, but isn't really running contrary to what I said in any way.

Lauri doesn't think the Bulls need a guy to get him open looks, Lauri thinks they need to give him the ball. That was my point. I'm not sure that this is true, but Lauri certainly didn't have a good season last year as a catch and shoot guy. He seemed much better as a dribble drive guy where someone gives him a little space and he attacks a close out.

Also, I'll use the exact same argument people always trot out in defense of Zach - who's he gonna pass to out there? There's been numerous lineups where Lauri and LaVine are the only two legit scoring options. So Lauri drives, draws the defense... and surveys his passing options. Carter clogging the lane looking for a rebound, a hobbled Porter out on the perimeter with a dude glued to his chest, Arci standing near midcourt, not doing much of anything. Yeah, I think he's gonna put a shot up.


Not sure how this is related to anything I said or what point you're defending or making, but sure I agree, no one on this team really had lots of good options to pass to and generate good assist numbers, even ignoring the talent, there wasn't always enough player movement or offensive scheme to create creative openings and cuts or anything.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,314
And1: 432
Joined: Dec 11, 2002

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#87 » by TeamMan » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:16 pm

dougthonus wrote:
TeamMan wrote:I only mention Butler because you can see the effect that he has while playing with a group of young players that are talented, but not All Stars (like LeBron has with AD).


Up until this playoff run, the phrase Jimmy Butler helping a group of young guys would be about the last thing anyone would have ever said about Jimmy Butler, and that's really the point.

We're calling him the avatar of a guy who develops players despite the fact that in three of the four teams he was on he was an absolute negative drag on culture and openly feuded with his team and called them out publicly and more or less was the opposite of that?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, but I definitely have Jimmy Butler fatigue on this forum because people have so much angst over trading him and feel like "that could have been us if we just kept Butler" when really it could only have been us if we went back in time and undid about three or four landmark decisions prior to the Butler trade and then also were way better afterwards. We completely mismanaged the team in that era, including Butler which is why we have new management of course.

I cannot honestly say that LaVine is a threat to put up a triple-double "on any given night". (I checked, and it appears that he's never had one in the NBA.)


Not sure what triple doubles have to do with developing players, but Butler has 8 in 655 games. I'm not sure that's really a triple double on any given night guy. Jimmy's historical assist rate is certainly nothing special, and for his career per minute, he's right around where LaVine is and certainly around where LaVine was at the same age.

I go back to the general reaction around the NBA when Butler was traded to the T-Wolves, "That's not enough!"

The Bulls didn't know it, but most people that had to do with basketball did know it.

I've said this in previous posts, that trading JB was a mistake. But at the same time it was consistent with the the profit driven operation of the former FO.

Both the T-Wolves (Thibs who'd play Butler 40 minutes a game on several occasions) and the 76ers (who Butler once scored 50 points against) also knew it.

The problem that both teams had is that they didn't have a "winning culture" and they were both hoping that Butler would help to change it. But the previously losing culture was too deeply imbedded.

The Heat's winning culture was completely the opposite, and it appears to be clear that it was the selling point that convinced Jimmy that they were the perfect team for him. The next step for the Heat will be to bring in another star level player, and I fully expect that Riley will be able to pull it off.

==============================
Regarding LaVine and triple-doubles...

I fully expect that LaVine will achieve this milestone next season because I also expect that Coby will be starting with him in the back court.

And I also further expect that the Bulls as a team will benefit from the transition that I expect LaVine to go through.

==============================
Regarding Butler's triple-double threat...

IMO the fact that he got a triple double in the NBA Finals fully demonstrates that he's always a triple-double threat (especially with this young Heat team).

Butler has finally gotten the team that's "right" for him, and I predict that the Heat will become a NBA Finals threat for the rest of his career with the team.

And yes, every single night that he steps on the floor with the Heat team, he will be a triple-double threat.
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 47,846
And1: 7,788
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#88 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:25 pm

TeamMan wrote:I go back to the general reaction around the NBA when Butler was traded to the T-Wolves, "That's not enough!"

The Bulls didn't know it, but most people that had to do with basketball did know it.


Not sure why that's relevant, but after the Bulls didn't get "enough", he was traded twice more for less and less each time. The whole league apparently was not willing to pay more for Jimmy Butler on three separate occasions.

I've said this in previous posts, that trading JB was a mistake. But at the same time it was consistent with the the profit driven operation of the former FO.

Both the T-Wolves (Thibs who'd play Butler 40 minutes a game on several occasions) and the 76ers (who Butler once scored 50 points against) also knew it.

The problem that both teams had is that they didn't have a "winning culture" and they were both hoping that Butler would help to change it. But the previously losing culture was too deeply imbedded.

The Heat's winning culture was completely the opposite, and it appears to be clear that it was the selling point that convinced Jimmy that they were the perfect team for him. The next step for the Heat will be to bring in another star level player, and I fully expect that Riley will be able to pull it off.


Jimmy isn't going to change culture. He's just going to be a big ass problem child if it isn't what he wants and cause a larger rift and bigger set of problems. He fit into the Heat's culture and not the culture of those other three teams apparently. That's been great for the Heat this year and has worked out well for them.

IMO the fact that he got a triple double in the NBA Finals fully demonstrates that he's always a triple-double threat (especially with this young Heat team).

Butler has finally gotten the team that's "right" for him, and I predict that the Heat will become a NBA Finals threat for the rest of his career with the team.

And yes, every single night that he steps on the floor with the Heat team, he will be a triple-double threat.


Not sure how its relevant really, triple double is an arbitrary somewhat meaningless stat. Jimmy Butler certainly does a lot of things. He's versatile and can contribute in all facets of the game.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,314
And1: 432
Joined: Dec 11, 2002

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#89 » by TeamMan » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:56 am

dougthonus wrote:
TeamMan wrote:I go back to the general reaction around the NBA when Butler was traded to the T-Wolves, "That's not enough!"

The Bulls didn't know it, but most people that had to do with basketball did know it.


Not sure why that's relevant, but after the Bulls didn't get "enough", he was traded twice more for less and less each time. The whole league apparently was not willing to pay more for Jimmy Butler on three separate occasions.

I've said this in previous posts, that trading JB was a mistake. But at the same time it was consistent with the the profit driven operation of the former FO.

Both the T-Wolves (Thibs who'd play Butler 40 minutes a game on several occasions) and the 76ers (who Butler once scored 50 points against) also knew it.

The problem that both teams had is that they didn't have a "winning culture" and they were both hoping that Butler would help to change it. But the previously losing culture was too deeply imbedded.

The Heat's winning culture was completely the opposite, and it appears to be clear that it was the selling point that convinced Jimmy that they were the perfect team for him. The next step for the Heat will be to bring in another star level player, and I fully expect that Riley will be able to pull it off.


Jimmy isn't going to change culture. He's just going to be a big ass problem child if it isn't what he wants and cause a larger rift and bigger set of problems. He fit into the Heat's culture and not the culture of those other three teams apparently. That's been great for the Heat this year and has worked out well for them.

IMO the fact that he got a triple double in the NBA Finals fully demonstrates that he's always a triple-double threat (especially with this young Heat team).

Butler has finally gotten the team that's "right" for him, and I predict that the Heat will become a NBA Finals threat for the rest of his career with the team.

And yes, every single night that he steps on the floor with the Heat team, he will be a triple-double threat.


Not sure how its relevant really, triple double is an arbitrary somewhat meaningless stat. Jimmy Butler certainly does a lot of things. He's versatile and can contribute in all facets of the game.

Lot of irrelevance...

However, for me it's very basic, the relevance is winning.

At the end of the day JB is a winner.

The fact that he had to go through 3 bad situations to get to a good situation is what is irrelevant to me.
Dez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,028
And1: 5,489
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#90 » by Dez » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:45 am

TeamMan wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
TeamMan wrote:I go back to the general reaction around the NBA when Butler was traded to the T-Wolves, "That's not enough!"

The Bulls didn't know it, but most people that had to do with basketball did know it.


Not sure why that's relevant, but after the Bulls didn't get "enough", he was traded twice more for less and less each time. The whole league apparently was not willing to pay more for Jimmy Butler on three separate occasions.

I've said this in previous posts, that trading JB was a mistake. But at the same time it was consistent with the the profit driven operation of the former FO.

Both the T-Wolves (Thibs who'd play Butler 40 minutes a game on several occasions) and the 76ers (who Butler once scored 50 points against) also knew it.

The problem that both teams had is that they didn't have a "winning culture" and they were both hoping that Butler would help to change it. But the previously losing culture was too deeply imbedded.

The Heat's winning culture was completely the opposite, and it appears to be clear that it was the selling point that convinced Jimmy that they were the perfect team for him. The next step for the Heat will be to bring in another star level player, and I fully expect that Riley will be able to pull it off.


Jimmy isn't going to change culture. He's just going to be a big ass problem child if it isn't what he wants and cause a larger rift and bigger set of problems. He fit into the Heat's culture and not the culture of those other three teams apparently. That's been great for the Heat this year and has worked out well for them.

IMO the fact that he got a triple double in the NBA Finals fully demonstrates that he's always a triple-double threat (especially with this young Heat team).

Butler has finally gotten the team that's "right" for him, and I predict that the Heat will become a NBA Finals threat for the rest of his career with the team.

And yes, every single night that he steps on the floor with the Heat team, he will be a triple-double threat.


Not sure how its relevant really, triple double is an arbitrary somewhat meaningless stat. Jimmy Butler certainly does a lot of things. He's versatile and can contribute in all facets of the game.

Lot of irrelevance...

However, for me it's very basic, the relevance is winning.

At the end of the day JB is a winner.

The fact that he had to go through 3 bad situations to get to a good situation is what is irrelevant to me.


He didn't go through 3 bad situations though.
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 47,846
And1: 7,788
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#91 » by dougthonus » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:12 pm

TeamMan wrote:Lot of irrelevance...

However, for me it's very basic, the relevance is winning.

At the end of the day JB is a winner.

The fact that he had to go through 3 bad situations to get to a good situation is what is irrelevant to me.


Is Jimmy Butler a great player in the right situation, absolutely. Doesn't contract anything I've said. He's just a player that needs the org, the coaching staff, and his teammates all 100% aligned to his viewpoint or else he's going to have a problems with anyone that doesn't. That lack of flexibility can be anywhere from no problem to a huge problem.
The Chosen one
Freshman
Posts: 91
And1: 39
Joined: Oct 07, 2020

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#92 » by The Chosen one » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:19 pm

Here’s some takeaways from the highlights I watched. Coby looks very fast and was attacking the basket. Coby looks like he has worked on finishing at the rim. Lavine looks like the game is so easy to him on offense. Lavine will be an Allstar this year if the bulls are winning. Porter looks skimmed down from last year. Lauri looked very good. He looks way more confident in his game. Carter shooting form looks good. He was shooting with confidence from the mid range and looks like he extended his range to the 3 point line.
ZOMG
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,837
And1: 2,203
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#93 » by ZOMG » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:33 pm

I like to overreact to practice "highlights" as much as the next idiot, but... I'll believe it when I see it in an actual NBA game.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
The Chosen one
Freshman
Posts: 91
And1: 39
Joined: Oct 07, 2020

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#94 » by The Chosen one » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:14 pm

ZOMG wrote:I like to overreact to practice "highlights" as much as the next idiot, but... I'll believe it when I see it in an actual NBA game.

Wow was “idiot” called for? But it’s not like anything these guys are doing they haven’t done before in NBA games. I guess I prefer to be on the positive side.
ZOMG
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,837
And1: 2,203
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#95 » by ZOMG » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:36 pm

The Chosen one wrote:
ZOMG wrote:I like to overreact to practice "highlights" as much as the next idiot, but... I'll believe it when I see it in an actual NBA game.

Wow was “idiot” called for? But it’s not like anything these guys are doing they haven’t done before in NBA games. I guess I prefer to be on the positive side.


Image
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
User avatar
TheFinishSniper
Analyst
Posts: 3,092
And1: 2,453
Joined: Feb 02, 2018
Location: Earth
   

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#96 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:44 pm

We are Chicago Bulls. We can smell bull*** highlights from miles away. Aint do damn highlight gonna bring me back until i see it 82 games for next 10 years on court after 20 years of zero, nada, null. And we can thank that to director GarPax, Jim Boylen and 5 other clowns in starting role along Jerry Reinsdorf in production role.
“If you were grading rebuilds and dropped in on the United Center on Wednesday night, you saw one team flying up the court, launching 3-pointers, sharing the ball and generally looking like it was having a lot of fun. And then you saw the Bulls.”
jump
Analyst
Posts: 3,525
And1: 1,032
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#97 » by jump » Fri Oct 9, 2020 12:07 am

Why do you bother posting then? Why not come back at the end of next season and let us know what you think. Or just say: “It’s all bullish:t. They suck” every post and save the typing.
PhilLeotardo
Sophomore
Posts: 172
And1: 84
Joined: Sep 23, 2020
 

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#98 » by PhilLeotardo » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:29 am

Did anyone catch the golf outing? Seems like AK is really buddying up to Zach. AKEVS really appear to be taking control of the team. It doesn’t feel real. You can tell that Zach doesn’t know what to think. The entire Chicago Bulls staff & fanbase is emerging from a long & torrid, highly abusive relationship.

Also, you can slice the tension between WCJ/LM with a dull butter knife. Someone gotta go!!!!
Dez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,028
And1: 5,489
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#99 » by Dez » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:35 am

PhilLeotardo wrote:Did anyone catch the golf outing? Seems like AK is really buddying up to Zach. AKEVS really appear to be taking control of the team. It doesn’t feel real. You can tell that Zach doesn’t know what to think. The entire Chicago Bulls staff & fanbase is emerging from a long & torrid, highly abusive relationship.

Also, you can slice the tension between WCJ/LM with a dull butter knife. Someone gotta go!!!!


I wouldn't put to much stock in that, they looked like they were pairing people up based on golf experience.

Also you're reading way too much into this "apparent" Lauri/WCJ not liking each other thing.
PhilLeotardo
Sophomore
Posts: 172
And1: 84
Joined: Sep 23, 2020
 

Re: Highlights from Chicago Bulls bubble 

Post#100 » by PhilLeotardo » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:43 am

Dez wrote:
PhilLeotardo wrote:Did anyone catch the golf outing? Seems like AK is really buddying up to Zach. AKEVS really appear to be taking control of the team. It doesn’t feel real. You can tell that Zach doesn’t know what to think. The entire Chicago Bulls staff & fanbase is emerging from a long & torrid, highly abusive relationship.

Also, you can slice the tension between WCJ/LM with a dull butter knife. Someone gotta go!!!!


I wouldn't put to much stock in that, they looked like they were pairing people up based on golf experience.

Also you're reading way too much into this "apparent" Lauri/WCJ not liking each other thing.


I was exaggerating with the “someone gotta go” line, but they really don’t like one another & it spilled into the locker room a couple times last year & thwarted their chemistry. People who know Lauri personally have chimed in on it, saying “they’ll never be buddies after how WCJs behaviour”

The dude went public & stated that he was hunting for LMs job, for petes sake

Return to Chicago Bulls