Image ImageImage Image

Lauri:' I can make the comeback'

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Lauri extension?

Don't want to see one happen - let him show me more first
33%
4 years/$40M-$50M
18%
4 year/$50M-$65M
23%
4 years/$65M-$80M
18%
4 years/$80M+
5%
Other (explain)
3%

Total votes: 122

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Re: Lauri:' I can make the comeback' 

Post#121 » by Chi town » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:56 am

Melli, 2 1sts, and Alexander
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#122 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Oct 4, 2020 3:12 am

Chi town wrote:https://apple.news/AwKqULegpN6aqETxx2ZaynQ

NAW + Pel's 20' 1st + Lal 21' 1st for Lauri?

I'd take it and run. And I kinda like Lauri.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,289

Post#123 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sun Oct 4, 2020 3:32 am

Grodoboldo wrote:

NAW + Pel's 20' 1st + Lal 21' 1st for Lauri?

I'd take it and run. And I kinda like Lauri.

Yeah I saw the article title of "Could NOP STEAL Lauri..." and I thought oh boy here we go. But that actual proposition is at worst very fair value. And for most jaded Bulls fans opinion of Lauri, a steal of a deal on the Bulls end.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#124 » by drosereturn » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:15 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:Why we even have this thread ?
This so called '' thread'' has become mostly Lauri Markkanen bashing thread.
So lets agree together that Lauri is overhyped bust and he's out of NBA in 3 to 5 years.

It's coming crystal clear you guys really want Lauri out of Bulls
so you better start pray that Lauri Markkanen trade happens asap when 2020 draft is started.
Problem solved and thank you and goodnight to everyone.

because its pretty much a lavine vs lauri contest one of them has to go to end this neverending debate.
im not saying lauri is a guaranteed star but hes getting bullied by his own team bc their owner and cronies wanted to sell tickets this season by claiming Lavine and White was the 2nd coming of Kobe and Arenas rather than having a Dirk unicorn.
but the problem is most of the fans were brainwashed they actually think they have that superstar potential when its probably less than winning a lottery in reality. if lauri busts and those 2 score over 20, that probably means the finnisher was crucified.
Lavine will beg to bring garpax and egg back when he realizes he is not the 1st option he believed.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
drosereturn
Lead Assistant

Post#125 » by drosereturn » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:25 pm

Shill wrote:Lauri didn't develop like I thought he would.

He's relatively easy to guard.

Teams can comfortably put a small forward on him, and Lauri doesn't make them pay. Even guards can muscle him.

And for a supposed sharpshooter, his efficiency is underwhelming.

Except Lauris game was never perimeter dependent his outside is fine I dont understand why he should be the next Korver.
Lauri can score from 3 levels meaning he can use his threatening height to threaten from outside and when opponents get pulled from the paint, he can use his guard like handles to power through the paint or shoot a midrange bc they are too small to block him. But ever since Boylen banned the mid range, he is now a spot up shooter and has to use only post moves to score when no one really does that anymore bc its quite frankly outdated.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by drosereturn » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:32 pm

TallDude wrote:Well we have seen that Lavine and Coby are not Lebron and Davis. They can not win games without 2nd year Lauri and rest of the team.

its pretty depressing they dont have Luka this team was forced to do gimmicky experiment. the funny thing is i know Cuban and their coach look at Lauri as Lebron's Davis and replace hobbled KP and they will win multiple championships if they team up.
i just have a feeling those guys are best buddies they dont even need to practice to know their sweet spots and have career yrs.

if the Bulls lose again, they will have to blame someone which will be Lauri in a guard oriented league.
man i just cannot tolerate a valuable championship piece being used for someone elses team. when he becomes fa, I cannot imagine the number of teams that will bid for his service and im sure cleveland, ny, hornets will use the max to acquire talent.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#127 » by sco » Sun Oct 4, 2020 9:40 pm

If that's stealing, I'd hate to see a "fair" deal.
:clap:
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#128 » by Dez » Sun Oct 4, 2020 10:40 pm

I'm at a point where I'd be fine trading him for a protected second round pick just to get rid of the fanboys that can't see the flaws in his game.
PhilLeotardo
Junior
And1: 220

Post#129 » by PhilLeotardo » Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:20 pm

drosereturn wrote:
So lets agree together that Lauri is overhyped bust and he's out of NBA in 3 to 5 years.

so you better start pray that Lauri Markkanen trade happens asap when 2020 draft is started.

because its pretty much a lavine vs lauri contest one of them has to go to end this neverending debate.
im not saying lauri is a guaranteed star but hes getting bullied by his own team bc their owner and cronies wanted to sell tickets this season by claiming Lavine and White was the 2nd coming of Kobe and Arenas rather than having a Dirk unicorn.
but the problem is most of the fans were brainwashed they actually think they have that superstar potential when its probably less than winning a lottery in reality. if lauri busts and those 2 score over 20, that probably means the finnisher was crucified.
Lavine will beg to bring garpax and egg back when he realizes he is not the 1st option he believed.

Okay, so I liked some of the stuff you were saying in another thread, but.....

......what in the blazing f**k did I just read :o :crazy: :lol:
sco
RealGM

Post#130 » by sco » Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:24 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:
drosereturn wrote:

Okay, so I liked some of the stuff you were saying in another thread, but.....

......what in the blazing f**k did I just read :o :crazy: :lol:

can I have some? seems like some strong stuff.
PhilLeotardo
Junior

Post#131 » by PhilLeotardo » Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:31 pm

Dez wrote:I'm at a point where I'd be fine trading him for a protected second round pick just to get rid of the fanboys that can't see the flaws in his game.

What really makes me laugh are the comparisons to Nowitzki LOL. Do these people not watch him play? He literally has nothing whatsoever in common with Nowitzki. Nowitzki was a 7 foot guard with unreal foot speed for his size & brilliant handles. Markkanen is a cement-footed stretch 4 :lol:

Regarding a trade, I personally believe it is imminent. I’ve heard Markkanen just wants out, the rift with Carter Jr (and the brass/coaching staff not doing anything to curb it) really left a bad taste in his mouth, as did the rest of the shenanigans that went down over the past couple of years. I think he just wants a fresh start elsewhere & it’d probably be best for the franchise as well. Apparently he & WCJ just don’t like one another, and I think that AKEVS will choose to move forward with WCJ instead due to his projection as a passer/defender & due to monetary factors, and again, because Lauri just wants out

Who knows, perhaps he magically transforms into a completely different human elsewhere & lives up to these bizarre Dirk comparisons :lol:
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#132 » by SfBull » Mon Oct 5, 2020 12:41 am

PhilLeotardo wrote:
Dez wrote:I'm at a point where I'd be fine trading him for a protected second round pick just to get rid of the fanboys that can't see the flaws in his game.

What really makes me laugh are the comparisons to Nowitzki LOL. Do these people not watch him play? He literally has nothing whatsoever in common with Nowitzki. Nowitzki was a 7 foot guard with unreal foot speed for his size & brilliant handles. Markkanen is a cement-footed stretch 4 :lol:

Regarding a trade, I personally believe it is imminent. I’ve heard Markkanen just wants out, the rift with Carter Jr (and the brass/coaching staff not doing anything to curb it) really left a bad taste in his mouth, as did the rest of the shenanigans that went down over the past couple of years. I think he just wants a fresh start elsewhere & it’d probably be best for the franchise as well. Apparently he & WCJ just don’t like one another, and I think that AKEVS will choose to move forward with WCJ instead due to his projection as a passer/defender & due to monetary factors, and again, because Lauri just wants out

Who knows, perhaps he magically transforms into a completely different human elsewhere & lives up to these bizarre Dirk comparisons :lol:

Not acting like a Lauri's fanboy as I bashed his game so many times but I'm intrigued by the possibility of a breaking year under a real coach .I wouldn't trade him or WCJ.
PhilLeotardo
Junior

Post#133 » by PhilLeotardo » Mon Oct 5, 2020 1:40 am

SfBull wrote:
PhilLeotardo wrote:

Not acting like a Lauri's fanboy as I bashed his game so many times but I'm intrigued by the possibility of a breaking year under a real coach .I wouldn't trade him or WCJ.

Believe me, I’d like to see it too. It’d certainly be a huge weight off of AKEVS’s shoulders if he “broke out”. The problem is, I just don’t see any realistic avenue in which such a thing takes place

I’ve been going back & watching some of his gaudier performances from during his rookie year, and it’s clear as daylight, that they were primarily products of teams just not having scouted for him. He does have considerable skills on offense. The problem isn’t his skill level, it’s his foot speed; I’ve been repeating it ad nauseum, but once a team has scouted for him properly, everything he does is immensely telegraphed. All it takes is a few defensive adjustments to render his game borderline-moot. He was still the same guy over the past two seasons, it’s just that teams were game planning for him now, and he doesn’t possess the natural speed/athleticism to be able to navigate around it. He will never possess those things, it’s simply who he is

I also just don’t see how he & WCJ fit together. Two mediocre, slow (extremely slow in LM’s case) big men, neither of which is an elite shooter, and neither of which can create for himself. It made zero sense to draft WCJ over SGA, and drafting LM over Mitchell was really stupid too

Drafting WCJ was also an inexplicably dumb move by Tweedle Dee & Dum in regards to the toxic & confusing message that it sent to Markkanen. WCJ was rather infamous for his public vying of the starting PF position on Duke. Anyone in the know (which PaxGar obviously should have been) could have seen that collision between the two players coming from a mile away. They were asking for friction/disruption of team chemistry by drafting WCJ

I just feel like one of them has to go, and I think it’ll be LM due to his being jaded toward the franchise/previous environment, & due to money
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#134 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Oct 5, 2020 1:58 am

sco wrote:

I think we can get more for lauri. Maybe rj hampton will be there are 13th but other than that your getting pretty much another filled roster spot at 13th of this draft and then a protected pick next year that likely wouldn't pan out then 2 bleh players.

Only way I do this deal if I'm taking the picks to flip them for another trade.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#135 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:04 am

PhilLeotardo wrote:

Lauri just might do well but at this point in our rebuild /retool its just not smart to commit to a unproven player who has shown he has poor conditioning cant stay healthy and is mediocre from the perimeter and a poor rebounder. We can take that shot if lauri was a legit piece in at least a playoff team we not even a legit that yet. Lauri is not worth taking away our cap flexibility for the future. What if we can get 2 max guys here? Lauri has not shown he is good enough to mess that plan up.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
sco
RealGM

Post#136 » by sco » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:12 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
sco wrote:

I think we can get more for lauri. Maybe rj hampton will be there are 13th but other than that your getting pretty much another filled roster spot at 13th of this draft and then a protected pick next year that likely wouldn't pan out then 2 bleh players.

I REALLY don't think you'd get more for Lauri than that deal. Now, I'm not saying I disagree about consolidating assets to upgrade the roster. Give me those 2 picks, throw in WCJ and trade them to ATL for Collins. Then draft Wiseman. Could be interesting.
TallDude
Junior
And1: 140

Post#137 » by TallDude » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:21 pm

Melli and walker :D just 2 nench players. We only have 1 legit star and he is lavine and he is his prime now. Or close to it. Coby can be star someday but Lauri was better at same age. Lauri is now ins stats wise in Dirk numbers. He is big guy and will develop later than guards. If he stay healthy he will be all star. If not he will ne not allstar but solid player anyway. Sofa coaches i don`t trust :lol:
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Post#138 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:32 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:
sco wrote:

The pick is protected in a way that it almost surely becomes an unprotected 2022 pick.

Which is after AD could leave and LeBron would be 37. Which also might be the arbitrarily strong draft where High Schoolers can again declare.

That trade is highway robbery to our advantage.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,624

Post#139 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:50 pm

Whether this makes sense or not is one question, but its just some random bloggers thoughts and not a rumor.

If I were the Bulls, I'd take that deal though.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#140 » by PaKii94 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Some more bubble fluff

Return to Chicago Bulls