Image ImageImage Image

Free Agent Targets

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

Rose2Boozer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,381
And1: 332
Joined: Apr 07, 2011

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#61 » by Rose2Boozer » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:04 am

None of the above. Outside of the Bulls draft picks, I'm cool with the rotation looking the same as last season minus Dunn. If the Bulls could play themselves into seventh pick-ish status next season, it's a major win for the roster and organization.
Trying to get excited about a one handed bandit small forward. Sadness.
User avatar
R3AL1TY
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,549
And1: 1,350
Joined: May 17, 2015
   

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#62 » by R3AL1TY » Fri Oct 9, 2020 7:59 pm

A few players with player options coming up may be worth watching. Guys like Dinwiddie, Barton, Jrue Holiday, and Looney.
User avatar
Kurt Heimlich
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 3,560
Joined: Jun 26, 2001

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#63 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:06 pm

R3AL1TY wrote:A few players with player options coming up may be worth watching. Guys like Dinwiddie, Barton, Jrue Holiday, and Looney.


These guys have PO's for 2021 (i.e. after this next season). For this off season they're not FA targets at all.
User avatar
R3AL1TY
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,549
And1: 1,350
Joined: May 17, 2015
   

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#64 » by R3AL1TY » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:15 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:A few players with player options coming up may be worth watching. Guys like Dinwiddie, Barton, Jrue Holiday, and Looney.


These guys have PO's for 2021 (i.e. after this next season). For this off season they're not FA targets at all.

True, but they're still notable guys to keep your eyes on, especially since the Bulls aren't landing bigger names even sooner than 2021.
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 17,889
And1: 3,898
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#65 » by Chi town » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:44 am

KCP may be a solid MLE type candidate for one year.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 15,267
And1: 3,988
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#66 » by sco » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:02 pm

Chi town wrote:KCP may be a solid MLE type candidate for one year.

I would think he'll be looking for a multi-year deal for MLE, and I think he's shown enough to get one. I also think he's a viable starter and is going to be looking for mid-teens, and I'd consider it if I didn't have a SG. But if we could get him on a one-year $10M deal, sign me up!

Despite wanting to use our MLE on a young guy with remaining potential like Giles, Saric or Jones Jr., I'm thinking the FO doesn't take on any multi-year deals this offseason, which lowers the bar on what we can expect. We may be stuck choosing guys of Shaq's and Val's ilk. In terms of SG's, I'd be ok with that - I really like Shaq at vet min. I'm sure there is a g-leaguer worth looking at as well.
:clap:
User avatar
TheSuzerain
RealGM
Posts: 13,301
And1: 8,442
Joined: Mar 29, 2012

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#67 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:59 pm

KCP is a bad idea. He's exactly the kind of player to avoid.

Not to mention he very well could get more than the MLE.
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 17,889
And1: 3,898
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#68 » by Chi town » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:03 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:KCP is a bad idea. He's exactly the kind of player to avoid.

Not to mention he very well could get more than the MLE.


I wouldn't touch him unless its a one year deal.

As mentioned above I think AK will just go clearance shopping for good vet mins.
User avatar
rtblues
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,572
And1: 2,331
Joined: Jul 12, 2008

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#69 » by rtblues » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:56 pm

HomoSapien wrote:I like the idea of targeting Noel, as long as Donovan can vouch for him not being a total **** bag. Like you said, he's a high-impact player who seems to perpetually be available for a cheap contract.

A couple other names I'll throw out there.

Christian Wood - I'm not sure if he'll end up falling in our price range, but he really looks like a borderline star in the making. The way this guy generates production will always make him valuable. He's also a very high-skilled player.

Jae Crowder - Not a flashy name by any means, but I think we're all seeing in the playoffs how valuable he can be. I think it's what we hoped Thad Young would be, but wasn't. Crowder is a tough, physical player who can defend multiple positions and spread the floor in a small-ball lineup.

Harry Giles - I think we're all familiar with him as a guy who was considered a high lottery pick before his injuries. Giles has been productive in limited PT, and appears way less raw than we were expecting. I think he'll bust out in the right situation. I truly believe this is a Jermaine O'Neal situation.

I like Wood the best out of these 3...
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
sco
RealGM
Posts: 15,267
And1: 3,988
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#70 » by sco » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:07 pm

rtblues wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I like the idea of targeting Noel, as long as Donovan can vouch for him not being a total **** bag. Like you said, he's a high-impact player who seems to perpetually be available for a cheap contract.

A couple other names I'll throw out there.

Christian Wood - I'm not sure if he'll end up falling in our price range, but he really looks like a borderline star in the making. The way this guy generates production will always make him valuable. He's also a very high-skilled player.

Jae Crowder - Not a flashy name by any means, but I think we're all seeing in the playoffs how valuable he can be. I think it's what we hoped Thad Young would be, but wasn't. Crowder is a tough, physical player who can defend multiple positions and spread the floor in a small-ball lineup.

Harry Giles - I think we're all familiar with him as a guy who was considered a high lottery pick before his injuries. Giles has been productive in limited PT, and appears way less raw than we were expecting. I think he'll bust out in the right situation. I truly believe this is a Jermaine O'Neal situation.

I like Wood the best out of these 3...

I'm with you, although I'd be stoked to get any of the 3.
:clap:
User avatar
TheSuzerain
RealGM
Posts: 13,301
And1: 8,442
Joined: Mar 29, 2012

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#71 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:10 pm

sco wrote:
rtblues wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I like the idea of targeting Noel, as long as Donovan can vouch for him not being a total **** bag. Like you said, he's a high-impact player who seems to perpetually be available for a cheap contract.

A couple other names I'll throw out there.

Christian Wood - I'm not sure if he'll end up falling in our price range, but he really looks like a borderline star in the making. The way this guy generates production will always make him valuable. He's also a very high-skilled player.

Jae Crowder - Not a flashy name by any means, but I think we're all seeing in the playoffs how valuable he can be. I think it's what we hoped Thad Young would be, but wasn't. Crowder is a tough, physical player who can defend multiple positions and spread the floor in a small-ball lineup.

Harry Giles - I think we're all familiar with him as a guy who was considered a high lottery pick before his injuries. Giles has been productive in limited PT, and appears way less raw than we were expecting. I think he'll bust out in the right situation. I truly believe this is a Jermaine O'Neal situation.

I like Wood the best out of these 3...

I'm with you, although I'd be stoked to get any of the 3.

No chance Wood is available for the MLE.
weneeda2guard
Head Coach
Posts: 7,110
And1: 2,818
Joined: Feb 07, 2011

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#72 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:15 pm

This is just not a year for free agency

Need to flip lauri during the draft add a couple vets for min 1 year deals draft well hope we can be a 7th 8th seed and have 2 max slots to offer next off season. That is our fastest way to contention
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
User avatar
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,353
And1: 17,140
Joined: Aug 17, 2009
 

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#73 » by HomoSapien » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
sco wrote:
rtblues wrote:I like Wood the best out of these 3...

I'm with you, although I'd be stoked to get any of the 3.

No chance Wood is available for the MLE.


Probably not, but I'd be shocked if he's a top 3 target for anyone with caps pace. For that reason, I think there's a chance that he flies under the radar and possibly misses out on a payday.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
User avatar
PlayerUp
Starter
Posts: 2,124
And1: 982
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Contact:

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#74 » by PlayerUp » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:02 pm

Frank Jackson could become an UFA
d boy gentleman
Starter
Posts: 2,252
And1: 586
Joined: Jun 02, 2009
     

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#75 » by d boy gentleman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:11 am

rtblues wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I like the idea of targeting Noel, as long as Donovan can vouch for him not being a total **** bag. Like you said, he's a high-impact player who seems to perpetually be available for a cheap contract.

A couple other names I'll throw out there.

Christian Wood - I'm not sure if he'll end up falling in our price range, but he really looks like a borderline star in the making. The way this guy generates production will always make him valuable. He's also a very high-skilled player.

Jae Crowder - Not a flashy name by any means, but I think we're all seeing in the playoffs how valuable he can be. I think it's what we hoped Thad Young would be, but wasn't. Crowder is a tough, physical player who can defend multiple positions and spread the floor in a small-ball lineup.

Harry Giles - I think we're all familiar with him as a guy who was considered a high lottery pick before his injuries. Giles has been productive in limited PT, and appears way less raw than we were expecting. I think he'll bust out in the right situation. I truly believe this is a Jermaine O'Neal situation.

I like Wood the best out of these 3...


Image
MAQ wrote:Boozer, you're ballin, but quit **** celebrating, negro there is 3 minutes left.

slowmotion5587 wrote:Nazr Mohammed might be the most underrated dunk misser I've ever seen.
StunnerKO
Veteran
Posts: 2,912
And1: 1,953
Joined: Sep 25, 2017

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#76 » by StunnerKO » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:15 am

Pistons will be paying Wood all the monies
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,472
And1: 3,972
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#77 » by Little Nathan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:35 am

HomoSapien wrote:Probably not, but I'd be shocked if he's a top 3 target for anyone with caps pace.


Well, he's very likely going to be the top target for the Pistons, who have capspace.
"Heart is a skill that player who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,472
And1: 3,972
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#78 » by Little Nathan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:36 am

PlayerUp wrote:Frank Jackson could become an UFA

Maybe worth a shot as a minimum guy, but certainly nothing more. Don't really see the potential there.
"Heart is a skill that player who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this
User avatar
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,353
And1: 17,140
Joined: Aug 17, 2009
 

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#79 » by HomoSapien » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:13 am

Little Nathan wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Probably not, but I'd be shocked if he's a top 3 target for anyone with caps pace.


Well, he's very likely going to be the top target for the Pistons, who have capspace.


Pistons have a new GM and Woods isn’t restricted, which means there’s a lot of unknown here. With how little the Pistons have going for them, it wouldn’t surprise me if they’d decide they prefer to remain flexible than commit to Woods long-term. All that said, it’s worth mentioning that a sign and trade could be a possibility if he’s out of our price range. Detroit’s leverage is lessened by that fact that he is unrestricted, so the option to woo hum on the open market exists in a tangible way.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,472
And1: 3,972
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#80 » by Little Nathan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:26 am

HomoSapien wrote:Pistons have a new GM and Woods isn’t restricted, which means there’s a lot of unknown here. With how little the Pistons have going for them, it wouldn’t surprise me if they’d decide they prefer to remain flexible than commit to Woods long-term. All that said, it’s worth mentioning that a sign and trade could be a possibility if he’s out of our price range. Detroit’s leverage is lessened by that fact that he is unrestricted, so the option to woo hum on the open market exists in a tangible way.


Seems like a no-brainer for the Pistons to keep Wood right now, especially because his market isn't going to be great this offseason. They desperately need talent and Wood (just turned 25) is probably their best one right now. I think he'll re-sign quickly after free agency starts.
"Heart is a skill that player who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this

Return to Chicago Bulls