Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#1121 » by R3AL1TY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:22 pm

TheStig wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:
TheStig wrote:I'm surprised Clips let Harrell go. Unless Ibaka comes in, that will be a big loss.

Klutch Sports + Harrell = joining a team LeBron is on

yeah but he left a lot of money on the table

Klutch Sports and Bron can hook him up with endorsements despite the pay cut.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#1122 » by d boy gentleman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Read on Twitter
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#1123 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:24 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter

This makes alot of sense for Hawks. Dunn is the one guy that has proven to really disrupt Trae Young. They would rather Dunn be on their team vs someone else :D Happy for Dunn to get another legit chance somewhere.

Hahah. Thought the same thing about KD. Him and Trae will be BFFs now.
barn34
Senior
And1: 124

Post#1124 » by barn34 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:25 pm

Looking more and more like our playmaking help will come through a Thad and/or sato trade
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1125 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:27 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter

What??? That's stupid money for DJ. Bucks went from Bogey to DJ. Giannis won't be resigning there.

Teague and George Hill are the guys AK should be looking at. We should have S@T Dunn for Teague.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,864

Post#1126 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:35 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:So OKC now got George Hill and Trevor Ariza. More picks incoming I guess?

Seriously though, how do you turn Steven Adams into George Hill, a first and two seconds? That's another great deal for OKC. I don't get it for the Pels at all. Adams has the same fit issues Favors had with Zion.

They'll be able to flip George Hill for another pick.

Presti is incredible and he's making AK look bad.

I couldn’t think of more opposite situations.

OKC just overachieved with a cast of veterans. Of course the smart move was to sell high on all the aging vets.

I do agree he’s done great with these trades. The number of FRPs is wild. But he’s simply selling high. There is no one for the Bulls to sell high, and even Zach has a funky reputation on the trade market.

Zach has more value than anyone Presti traded.

AK hasn't even traded for a measly future 2nd rounder.

This **** roster is not going to be fixed through inaction.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1127 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Van Fleet back to Raps 4/85.

Knicks are striking out hard.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1128 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 pm

barn34 wrote:Looking more and more like our playmaking help will come through a Thad and/or sato trade

Which makes it seem like no help is actually coming.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1129 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:39 pm

barn34 wrote:Looking more and more like our playmaking help will come through a Thad and/or sato trade

That's what its looking like. After the stupid money going around their contracts don't look too bad.

I think AK believes in our young guys under Billy D. Who doesn't fit will be traded by the deadline. Pump and Dump.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,903

Post#1130 » by TheStig » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:44 pm

R3AL1TY wrote:
TheStig wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:Klutch Sports + Harrell = joining a team LeBron is on

yeah but he left a lot of money on the table

Klutch Sports and Bron can hook him up with endorsements despite the pay cut.

Balmer can make him the Microsoft pitchman.....
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#1131 » by MisterRoy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:50 pm

The Bucks are loading up. Watch out Miami.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1132 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:54 pm

Who is Bogey going to sign with? He's looking at 20M per
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#1133 » by MrSparkle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:54 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:They'll be able to flip George Hill for another pick.

OKC just overachieved with a cast of veterans. Of course the smart move was to sell high on all the aging vets.

I do agree he’s done great with these trades. The number of FRPs is wild. But he’s simply selling high. There is no one for the Bulls to sell high, and even Zach has a funky reputation on the trade market.

I mean, Zach does. But a good rule of thumb is don’t sell a 25yo rising star for a package of uncertainty. Meanwhile, dumping 30yo+ journeymen and a 35yo star for picks after an overachieving season is the oldest trick in the book.

Really? You wanted to add more 2nd rd picks to improve this roster? Are the second round picks supposed to be better than Zach?
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1134 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:57 pm

We don't need 2nd rounders if we get AK to sign late 1st rounders as UDFA's.

If Zach gets traded it will be for a massive haul. I think he is here to stay.

Lauri and WCJ... that's another story.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#1135 » by MrSparkle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Why the hell did Bucks pay DJ more than Pacers paid Holiday?
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 548

Post#1136 » by jStuNNa » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:02 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:They'll be able to flip George Hill for another pick.

But how can you know what action needs to be taken? Sentiment throughout the league is that the Bulls have good, but underachieving talent. As an executive, you know you're coming into a situation where there was inadequate coaching and player development. Your team is also coming off of a 9 month layoff, during which so much could have changed, for better or worse regarding development. Look at how things changed in just a few months for the Suns, Heat and Nuggets.

On top of all of that, you're also adding the #4 pick.

Why make any rash decisions, with so many variables, when you're so close to being able to evaluate your players, and whole team, in real NBA games? NBA preseason literally starts in 3 weeks. What if Coby or Zach have developed their playmaking skills? You can guess.... you can even make a good guess, but you don't know. However, you will know in just a few short weeks, so why not just be patient? You're not winning the title this season, so play the long game.

Now, if a good deal pops up for Sato or Thad that brings back a playmaker you really covet, go for it. The Bulls shouldn't just make a deal to make one though, especially when both Sato and Thad are probably just as good, if not better, than anything you're going to get in return for them. It's not like neither one fits with this Bulls team. They both do.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,385

Post#1137 » by HoopsterJones » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Bulls haven’t made any FA moves yet except re-signing Denzel. What’s up with that?
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1138 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

I mean, Zach does. But a good rule of thumb is don’t sell a 25yo rising star for a package of uncertainty. Meanwhile, dumping 30yo+ journeymen and a 35yo star for picks after an overachieving season is the oldest trick in the book.

Really? You wanted to add more 2nd rd picks to improve this roster? Are the second round picks supposed to be better than Zach?

Who says that's a good rule of thumb? Plus Zach isn't an actual rising star, he just scores like one. He's perfect trade bait.

First off, we certainly could use more 2nd rounders. But what people, you included, seem to fail to understand is that future draft picks is as close as you can get in the NBA to liquid currency. And we actually lose a 2nd rounder in the future to the Wizards. We have no incoming picks at all. It's a pathetic rebuilding effort. This is mostly the fault of GarPax, but AK not immediately trying to fix that is deeply concerning.

We should be concerned that AK might be buying into the myth that Boylen was somehow holding back a genuinely good young core. Which is an absolute laugh.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1139 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:12 pm

jStuNNa wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

But how can you know what action needs to be taken? Sentiment throughout the league is that the Bulls have good, but underachieving talent. As an executive, you know you're coming into a situation where there was inadequate coaching and player development. Your team is also coming off of a 9 month layoff, during which so much could have changed, for better or worse regarding development. Look at how things changed in just a few months for the Suns, Heat and Nuggets.

On top of all of that, you're also adding the #4 pick.

Why make any rash decisions, with so many variables, when you're so close to being able to evaluate your players, and whole team, in real NBA games? NBA preseason literally starts in 3 weeks. What if Coby or Zach have developed their playmaking skills? You can guess.... you can even make a good guess, but you don't know. However, you will know in just a few short weeks, so why not just be patient? You're not winning the title this season, so play the long game.

Now, if a good deal pops up for Sato or Thad that brings back a playmaker you really covet, go for it. The Bulls shouldn't just make a deal to make one though, especially when both Sato and Thad are probably just as good, if not better, than anything you're going to get in return for them. It's not like neither one fits with this Bulls team. They both do.

If GarPax hadn't been fired and made literally the exact same moves as AK, this place would be on fire.

:lol: at Zach Lavine in year 6 suddenly becoming a playmaker. Stop trolling.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#1140 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:13 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's alot of money. Bucks are clearly overspending and overpaying for not such good pieces to keep Giannis. We have better chance landing Giannis than Bucks keeping him at this stage. Many of this moves smell Lebron and Cavs first stint when he left.

Return to Chicago Bulls