Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#1141 » by kodo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:25 pm

Chi town wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter

This makes alot of sense for Hawks. Dunn is the one guy that has proven to really disrupt Trae Young. They would rather Dunn be on their team vs someone else :D Happy for Dunn to get another legit chance somewhere.

Hahah. Thought the same thing about KD. Him and Trae will be BFFs now.

This is exactly the situation I saw Dunn going to. Young is one of the most potent offensive guards in the league and the worst defender we've seen in many years, worse than young Kyrie.

Good signing for both. And Tbh it's hard to go wrong with $5M per year, a useless vet min required to fill out a roster is around $2M anyway.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1142 » by Ccwatercraft » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:26 pm

gardenofsound wrote:Kris Dunn to the Hawks. 2yr/$10mm

I hope he does well there, have been a fan of Dunn for some time.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,521

Post#1143 » by Andi Obst » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 pm

4/120 for Hayward?!?! That could easily end up being Batum 2.0 for Charlotte.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#1144 » by MrSparkle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Zach has more value than anyone Presti traded.

AK hasn't even traded for a measly future 2nd rounder.

This **** roster is not going to be fixed through inaction.

But how can you know what action needs to be taken? Sentiment throughout the league is that the Bulls have good, but underachieving talent. As an executive, you know you're coming into a situation where there was inadequate coaching and player development. Your team is also coming off of a 9 month layoff, during which so much could have changed, for better or worse regarding development. Look at how things changed in just a few months for the Suns, Heat and Nuggets.

On top of all of that, you're also adding the #4 pick.

Why make any rash decisions, with so many variables, when you're so close to being able to evaluate your players, and whole team, in real NBA games? NBA preseason literally starts in 3 weeks. What if Coby or Zach have developed their playmaking skills? You can guess.... you can even make a good guess, but you don't know. However, you will know in just a few short weeks, so why not just be patient? You're not winning the title this season, so play the long game.

Now, if a good deal pops up for Sato or Thad that brings back a playmaker you really covet, go for it. The Bulls shouldn't just make a deal to make one though, especially when both Sato and Thad are probably just as good, if not better, than anything you're going to get in return for them. It's not like neither one fits with this Bulls team. They both do.

If GarPax hadn't been fired and made literally the exact same moves as AK, this place would be on fire.

:lol: at Zach Lavine in year 6 suddenly becoming a playmaker. Stop trolling.

OKC is coming off a decade of playoff runs and several years of 1st rd tread-milling with a veteran/star team. 2 off-seasons of selling high on the MVP-caliber likes of George and Westbrook, and apparently we should follow suit despite being an opposite situation, with no one remotely close to either of those players’ values last summer. And again, you don’t think twice about selling a 35yo for FRPs on a 1st-rd ceiling team.

Name me one concrete trade or FA signing this week that you believe the Bulls should’ve done instead? I like what ATL has done, but Trae and Collins check the boxes for step 2 FA spending. You want Hayward for $120m?

Would you do the Bucks deal (for Zach instead of Holiday)? Cause I wouldn’t. Jrue is 32yo, and NOP is building young with Ingram and Zion, so it was a no-brainer. George Hill and Bledsoe with 3 FRPs that go whichever way Giannis goes (meaning they’re very uncertain) is a very underwhelming return for a 25yo Zach, whose stock may very well boost to All-Star level if this team simply manages to hit .500.

But moaning about not selling the farm for 2nd round picks is preposterous and pathetic.

Lost in all this is that a majority if not all of these OKC picks will probably materialize into a big pile of junk for the next 5 years. They’re really counting on tanking and hoping the Rockets or Clippers implode. The protected Suns and Warriors picks aren’t turning their franchise around.

If there was a bonafide trade for Lauri or Wendell, it would’ve happened. Nobody has a good perception of these players, not even the fan-base. I don’t what you’re expecting for them.

Our coaching/training staff was a terrible joke. That was your power move of the off-season.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#1145 » by TheStig » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Little Nathan wrote:4/120 for Hayward?!?! That could easily end up being Batum 2.0 for Charlotte.

All in for the 8th seed!

I thought the 4/80 was an overpay with his injury history but this is a crazy amount. Insanity at 4/120 for a team that has no chance of making it out of the first round.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Post#1146 » by Jimako10 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Hayward to CHA, 4 years 120 mil!

I guess MJ has to pay someone.
barn34
Senior
And1: 124

Post#1147 » by barn34 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:40 pm

That hayward deal is pretty nuts. Wth is up with nba teams spending like idiots. We're still in pandemic hell. No fans next season. Teams losing money. **** it, spend even more to pry marginal talent from teams.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1148 » by Ccwatercraft » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:42 pm

TheStig wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:4/120 for Hayward?!?! That could easily end up being Batum 2.0 for Charlotte.

All in for the 8th seed!

I thought the 4/80 was an overpay with his injury history but this is a crazy amount. Insanity at 4/120 for a team that has no chance of making it out of the first round.

I am no longer puzzled why Hayward opted out now.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#1149 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:45 pm

That Gordon contract is crazy. 30 mil a year. MJ was desperate.

Im really starting to think Zach's value on the open market is at minimum 4/120

If I were the Bulls and we really want Zach long term, I would consider extending him early.
The Cult of Personality
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#1150 » by CjayC » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:46 pm

That Hayward contract is gross for the Hornets. Grats to Gordon though
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 548

Post#1151 » by jStuNNa » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:46 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Zach has more value than anyone Presti traded.

AK hasn't even traded for a measly future 2nd rounder.

This **** roster is not going to be fixed through inaction.

But how can you know what action needs to be taken? Sentiment throughout the league is that the Bulls have good, but underachieving talent. As an executive, you know you're coming into a situation where there was inadequate coaching and player development. Your team is also coming off of a 9 month layoff, during which so much could have changed, for better or worse regarding development. Look at how things changed in just a few months for the Suns, Heat and Nuggets.

Why make any rash decisions, with so many variables, when you're so close to being able to evaluate your players, and whole team, in real NBA games? NBA preseason literally starts in 3 weeks. What if Coby or Zach have developed their playmaking skills? You can guess.... you can even make a good guess, but you don't know. However, you will know in just a few short weeks, so why not just be patient? You're not winning the title this season, so play the long game.

Now, if a good deal pops up for Sato or Thad that brings back a playmaker you really covet, go for it. The Bulls shouldn't just make a deal to make one though, especially when both Sato and Thad are probably just as good, if not better, than anything you're going to get in return for them. It's not like neither one fits with this Bulls team. They both do.

If GarPax hadn't been fired and made literally the exact same moves as AK, this place would be on fire.

Speak for yourself. I like the young talent the Bulls have. Between Lauri, Wendell and Coby, GarPax didn't screw up those picks. Those guys all appear to be solid starters in the NBA. None of them are busts so far and still have plenty of potential. And who would have guessed that when he was drafted at #13, Zach was going to become a 25 ppg scorer? My point is, this team has good young talent and I would not have wanted GarPax, or AK and Marc now, to blow this team up without seeing how good they can be with a coach like Billy Donovan and a revamped player development staff.

My comment about developing playmaking skills was more aimed at Coby. I didn't want to leave Zach out though because he continues to show he can expand his game. He's gotten better each year so I reserve any judgement on his potential until there's solid statistical evidence that he's leveled out. Perhaps he's already peaked. The point is I don't know.

Which brings me back to my main point... The season is three weeks away and we will know then. There's no reason to guess right now unless you're trying to acquire a superstar on the market such as James Harden.

If there's a move to be made, please go ahead and enlighten us all... Who should the Bulls trade for right now?
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#1152 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:47 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:

OKC is coming off a decade of playoff runs and several years of 1st rd tread-milling with a veteran/star team. 2 off-seasons of selling high on the MVP-caliber likes of George and Westbrook, and apparently we should follow suit despite being an opposite situation, with no one remotely close to either of those players’ values last summer. And again, you don’t think twice about selling a 35yo for FRPs on a 1st-rd ceiling team.

Name me one concrete trade or FA signing this week that you believe the Bulls should’ve done instead? I like what ATL has done, but Trae and Collins check the boxes for step 2 FA spending. You want Hayward for $120m?

Would you do the Bucks deal (for Zach instead of Holiday)? Cause I wouldn’t. Jrue is 32yo, and NOP is building young with Ingram and Zion, so it was a no-brainer. George Hill and Bledsoe with 3 FRPs that go whichever way Giannis goes (meaning they’re very uncertain) is a very underwhelming return for a 25yo Zach, whose stock may very well boost to All-Star level if this team simply manages to hit .500.

But moaning about not selling the farm for 2nd round picks is preposterous and pathetic.

Lost in all this is that a majority if not all of these OKC picks will probably materialize into a big pile of junk for the next 5 years. They’re really counting on tanking and hoping the Rockets or Clippers implode. The protected Suns and Warriors picks aren’t turning their franchise around.

If there was a bonafide trade for Lauri or Wendell, it would’ve happened. Nobody has a good perception of these players, not even the fan-base. I don’t what you’re expecting for them.

Our coaching/training staff was a terrible joke. That was your power move of the off-season.

1. Trade Lavine to a contender for a package of future picks
2. Trade some of our expirings (Otto) for bad money + assets
3. Sell High on any of Lauri/Coby/WCJ (and it doesn't even need to be that high, just get future 1sts). Ideal would have been to trade some of them on draft night for a 2nd lotto pick
4. Trade Thad Young for even a 2nd rounder. If no trading partners then cut him as he's been bad culturally.
5. Trade Sato for even a 2nd rounder. If no trading partners, you can hold onto him. He plays smart.
6. Make cuts. Any/all of Felicio, Kornet, Arci, Mokkoka. Replace with young/hungry players with upside. I created a separate thread listing off who I think those young players are.
7. Sign old vets with the league minimum instead of half of our FA dollars. Even if it means waiting until the dust settles. Not hard to pay some washed-up old vet $1 million to be a good teammate.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#1153 » by MrSparkle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:50 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:That Gordon contract is crazy. 30 mil a year. MJ was desperate.

Im really starting to think Zach's value on the open market is at minimum 4/120

If I were the Bulls and we really want Zach long term, I would consider extending him early.

Eh - I think Zach bets on himself for the full max.

I don’t know why anyone thinks a 25 ppg scorer is going to take any sort of discount. There are 30 teams, and always atleast 2 with incompetent FOs and not the slightest reservation about throwing franchise money to Wiggins or Middleton.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#1154 » by D_GoLow » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 pm

Could? I think it already is :lol:
This is not a moment, it's a movement
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#1155 » by Jcool0 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:53 pm

Jimako10 wrote:Hayward to CHA, 4 years 120 mil!

I guess MJ has to pay someone.

MJ tried to sign him when he was a RFA in Utah.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#1156 » by Jcool0 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:56 pm

D_GoLow wrote:

Hayward averaged 18.8 points, 7.2 rebounds and 4.4 assist last season. How is he Nick Batum?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#1157 » by kodo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:57 pm

D_GoLow wrote:

He loves his defensive, glue guy wings. He spent a #3 (?) pick on Kidd-Gilchrist as well.
I guess not surprising given his success w/ Pip.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,521

Post#1158 » by Andi Obst » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:58 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:

Could? I think it already is

Hayward averaged 18.8 points, 7.2 rebounds and 4.4 assist last season. How is he Nick Batum?

Yeah, he's definitely far better now. I just really don't trust his body.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#1159 » by R3AL1TY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:02 pm

Hayward contract won't be that bad *if* he stays healthy, Ball turns out to be a legit star, and they make the playoffs each year.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#1160 » by MGB8 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:
Could? I think it already is

Yeah, he's definitely far better now. I just really don't trust his body.

Could be a move to steady LaMelo Ball, too...

Return to Chicago Bulls