Image ImageImage Image

Is AD even possible?

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

MalagaBulls
Veteran
Posts: 2,723
And1: 832
Joined: Dec 15, 2013
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun Shines)
       

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#61 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Jcool0 wrote:Nope

Read on Twitter
That was a given. We will build our own winner hopefully with talent, good coaching, & chemistry.

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk
mtron32
Starter
Posts: 2,071
And1: 975
Joined: Nov 18, 2016
       

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#62 » by mtron32 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:52 pm

Jcool0 wrote:Nope

Read on Twitter

thank goodness, now we can stop seeing these fantasies.
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,473
And1: 3,973
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#63 » by Little Nathan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:54 pm

This changes nothing unless he signs a long-term deal, which I doubt. He was never going to leave this summer.
"Heart is a skill that player who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this
User avatar
erlim
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,249
And1: 1,476
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
 

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#64 » by erlim » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:40 am

Probably far down the line when Lebron has retired


7-8 years?
Image
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 47,857
And1: 7,804
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#65 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:21 pm

erlim wrote:Probably far down the line when Lebron has retired


7-8 years?


Anthony Davis is 27 now. He theoretically is going to opt out, sign a new deal with the Lakers in FA. If he does a 4 year deal, he'll be 31 next time he's a FA, maybe he throws a PO on there or something else to match the end of LeBron's deal and from a practical perspective is a FA at 30.

If you could grab him at 30, he might still be young enough where you haven't Dwyane Waded yourself. However, he's kind of an athletic freak, not the big fundamental like Tim Duncan, so I'd be a bit more concerned that he's not going to be a superstud if he loses some of that which is pretty common for big men.
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,742
And1: 370
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
 

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#66 » by Dieselbound&Down » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:38 pm

It will be (kind of) interesting to see how AD ages. Really good big men traditionally have been able to stretch out their careers better than wings (KAJ, Parrish, Shaq even, Dirk, Duncan, etc.) because they didn't need explosiveness, they could add a better jump shot or post move and be able to control their touches and passing from the low block. AD completely breaks the mold.

Frankly the best way for him to extend his career would be to add a smooth set of post moves and find a way to get 10+ touches in the post (ish area) and show he can add 5-10 ppg from that skill set.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 12,990
And1: 3,186
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#67 » by TheStig » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:09 pm

dougthonus wrote:
erlim wrote:Probably far down the line when Lebron has retired


7-8 years?


Anthony Davis is 27 now. He theoretically is going to opt out, sign a new deal with the Lakers in FA. If he does a 4 year deal, he'll be 31 next time he's a FA, maybe he throws a PO on there or something else to match the end of LeBron's deal and from a practical perspective is a FA at 30.

If you could grab him at 30, he might still be young enough where you haven't Dwyane Waded yourself. However, he's kind of an athletic freak, not the big fundamental like Tim Duncan, so I'd be a bit more concerned that he's not going to be a superstud if he loses some of that which is pretty common for big men.

I think he does a 2 year deal. The cap is going down for the next year or two. He'll also be a 10 year vet at that point and eligible for a higher percentage. That's our chance if we are good.
NZB2323
General Manager
Posts: 7,807
And1: 3,636
Joined: Aug 02, 2008

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#68 » by NZB2323 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:01 pm

AD is 27 and Lebron is 35. I think AD saw what going back to Cleveland and winning a championship did for him. I think if AD signs a 5 year deal with the Lakers then he could come to the Bulls after that.
ZOMG
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,838
And1: 2,204
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#69 » by ZOMG » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:07 pm

AD has been reasonably healthy of late, so people forget that he used to be Mr Glass. If he in fact is still playing in the NBA at 35, it'll be a god damn miracle.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
NZB2323
General Manager
Posts: 7,807
And1: 3,636
Joined: Aug 02, 2008

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#70 » by NZB2323 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:09 pm

dougthonus wrote:
erlim wrote:Probably far down the line when Lebron has retired


7-8 years?


Anthony Davis is 27 now. He theoretically is going to opt out, sign a new deal with the Lakers in FA. If he does a 4 year deal, he'll be 31 next time he's a FA, maybe he throws a PO on there or something else to match the end of LeBron's deal and from a practical perspective is a FA at 30.

If you could grab him at 30, he might still be young enough where you haven't Dwyane Waded yourself. However, he's kind of an athletic freak, not the big fundamental like Tim Duncan, so I'd be a bit more concerned that he's not going to be a superstud if he loses some of that which is pretty common for big men.


KG won DPOTY, was on the all-NBA 1st team, and won a championship at age 31. We might be getting a 2008 KG who can shoot 3s. AD took 3 3s a game during the playoffs and shot over 38%.

Also, Lebron sleeps in a hyperbolic chamber, has a live in personal chef and a live in personal trainer, so AD might pick up some body longevity tips from Lebron.
NZB2323
General Manager
Posts: 7,807
And1: 3,636
Joined: Aug 02, 2008

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#71 » by NZB2323 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:13 pm

ZOMG wrote:AD has been reasonably healthy of late, so people forget that he used to be Mr Glass. If he in fact is still playing in the NBA at 35, it'll be a god damn miracle.


He’s never missed a playoff game and the number of games he’s played in has been 64, 67, 67, 61, 75, 75, and then 56 the year he demanded a trade and 62 in this shortened season.

It’s also always been minor injuries with him.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 12,990
And1: 3,186
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#72 » by TheStig » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:31 pm

NZB2323 wrote:AD is 27 and Lebron is 35. I think AD saw what going back to Cleveland and winning a championship did for him. I think if AD signs a 5 year deal with the Lakers then he could come to the Bulls after that.

Yeah, no thanks. I don't want a 33-37 year old AD. He's gonna be more broken down than a used Kia.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 12,990
And1: 3,186
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#73 » by TheStig » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:30 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:AD has been reasonably healthy of late, so people forget that he used to be Mr Glass. If he in fact is still playing in the NBA at 35, it'll be a god damn miracle.


He’s never missed a playoff game and the number of games he’s played in has been 64, 67, 67, 61, 75, 75, and then 56 the year he demanded a trade and 62 in this shortened season.

It’s also always been minor injuries with him.

Do you think that history will improve with age? Particularly after 5 long seasons with deep playoff runs?
NZB2323
General Manager
Posts: 7,807
And1: 3,636
Joined: Aug 02, 2008

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#74 » by NZB2323 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:25 am

TheStig wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:AD has been reasonably healthy of late, so people forget that he used to be Mr Glass. If he in fact is still playing in the NBA at 35, it'll be a god damn miracle.


He’s never missed a playoff game and the number of games he’s played in has been 64, 67, 67, 61, 75, 75, and then 56 the year he demanded a trade and 62 in this shortened season.

It’s also always been minor injuries with him.

Do you think that history will improve with age? Particularly after 5 long seasons with deep playoff runs?


It doesn't have to improve. Here are some numbers:

Average games played per season since 2013(when AD joined the league)

AD: 66
Lebron: 72
Jimmy Butler: 67
Kawhi: 58
Durant: 57
Westbrook: 71

Curry played in 26 games in 2012 and 5 games in 2020. Do you not want him either?
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 12,990
And1: 3,186
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#75 » by TheStig » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:10 am

NZB2323 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
He’s never missed a playoff game and the number of games he’s played in has been 64, 67, 67, 61, 75, 75, and then 56 the year he demanded a trade and 62 in this shortened season.

It’s also always been minor injuries with him.

Do you think that history will improve with age? Particularly after 5 long seasons with deep playoff runs?


It doesn't have to improve. Here are some numbers:

Average games played per season since 2013(when AD joined the league)

AD: 66
Lebron: 72
Jimmy Butler: 67
Kawhi: 58
Durant: 57
Westbrook: 71

Curry played in 26 games in 2012 and 5 games in 2020. Do you not want him either?

Outside of Bron, none of these guys are in their mid 30's and on a max deal. If he's having these issues in his early 20's, do you expect them to improve in his mid 30's?
NZB2323
General Manager
Posts: 7,807
And1: 3,636
Joined: Aug 02, 2008

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#76 » by NZB2323 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:50 am

TheStig wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
TheStig wrote:Do you think that history will improve with age? Particularly after 5 long seasons with deep playoff runs?


It doesn't have to improve. Here are some numbers:

Average games played per season since 2013(when AD joined the league)

AD: 66
Lebron: 72
Jimmy Butler: 67
Kawhi: 58
Durant: 57
Westbrook: 71

Curry played in 26 games in 2012 and 5 games in 2020. Do you not want him either?

Outside of Bron, none of these guys are in their mid 30's and on a max deal. If he's having these issues in his early 20's, do you expect them to improve in his mid 30's?


He doesn’t have to improve. If he plays 66 games a year for us that’s fine.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 12,990
And1: 3,186
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: Is AD even possible? 

Post#77 » by TheStig » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:01 am

NZB2323 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
It doesn't have to improve. Here are some numbers:

Average games played per season since 2013(when AD joined the league)

AD: 66
Lebron: 72
Jimmy Butler: 67
Kawhi: 58
Durant: 57
Westbrook: 71

Curry played in 26 games in 2012 and 5 games in 2020. Do you not want him either?

Outside of Bron, none of these guys are in their mid 30's and on a max deal. If he's having these issues in his early 20's, do you expect them to improve in his mid 30's?


He doesn’t have to improve. If he plays 66 games a year for us that’s fine.

Players are more likely to become injured as they age. They don't stay the same. He's going to have a lot of load put on him over the next 5 seasons and playoff runs. I'll take a pass on AD 33-37. No need to max him out on his decline.

If he wants to come here in 2 year, that's a different story. There is some risk vs reward presuming we're good.

Return to Chicago Bulls