Image ImageImage Image

Bulls might trade up in draft - Update PG. 25 - Bulls like Ball/may dangle Carter Jr. per Givony

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Re: Bulls might trade up to No. 1 or 2 in draft - NBC Sports 

Post#401 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 pm

:lol: :banghead: Lavine and #4 for no. 1 pick and Johnson, Culver is really really dumb trade.. Maybe Lauri or Carter with #4 yes
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Re: Bulls might trade up to No. 1 or 2 in draft - NBC Sportsp 

Post#402 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
FranchisePlayer wrote:
I tend to agree. This is starting to look like wonderboy's Satoransky fixation. @UnFadeable21, do us a favor and stop polishing Ball's balls from now on. Enough is enough said Streisand and Summer and they were right.

This was written this morning in The Ringer

Chicago Bulls

League sources say the Bulls are likely targeting a lead playmaker in the draft, which is why last week’s mock had them taking Killian Hayes. But LaMelo is the most talented passer in this class and is a tempting pick, although one that would immediately raise questions about Zach LaVine and Coby White’s futures in Chicago.

Yea, I noticed but seems like you've lost direction a bit. I've the lost the count of how many times you've posted Ball-has-a-great-vision without even replying to anyone.

I replied to 4 different people this morning already on this page about Wiseman being a great fit for the warriors and Ball unlocking Lauri and Wendell.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,885

Post#403 » by nomorezorro » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:28 pm

do you think you can, like, will a lavine+4 for 1 trade into existence? the bulls front office isn't on this message board dude
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,390

Post#404 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Why does drafting Ball "raise questions" as to the future of LaVine and White, but drafting Hayes does not?
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#405 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:33 pm

nomorezorro wrote:do you think you can, like, will a lavine+4 for 1 trade into existence? the bulls front office isn't on this message board dude

I’d be open to 4 & Wendell for 1 and Johnson like Bulls Beat writer Darnell Mayberry suggested too

Any big trades for the draft is exciting especially with more than one national writer suggesting it now. The count is up to 3

:wave:
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#406 » by sco » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:34 pm

MrSparkle wrote:My 2c- If AK thinks the Bulls can develop LaMelo to his ceiling, trading up is the perfect “buy low” situation. I’m low on LaMelo but that has nothing to do with reality — I’m not a professional scout.

We do need to remember that great effort was put into re-hauling the developmental staff here. When we had Thibs/Adams and player culture, complete scrubs like Lucas III were able to plug into games and contribute really well.

So I won’t cry and moan about a trade up if Artunas does it. It means he is going for the higher ceiling player and is confident about developing them. Also, it would probably be a 1-step back 2-steps forward move, since none of the top-3 prospects are ready to win games next year, which I wouldn’t be opposed to. This year’s top-3 scream “development” - something GS and MN prefer not to do, which would work in our favor... since I’ve been on the record since the Jimmy trade that I hate the direction of this build (defensive liabilities everywhere, below-the-rim twin towers who don’t really tower over anyone, etc.).

When you also consider that 4 of our “young assets” are up for prime extensions / contract decisions this summer and next (Dunn, Valentine, Lauri, Zach) along with our best player (who’s to injured to play, Otto) it’s an absolutely miserable core that will either walk for nothing or get paid double. So you need to think fast and methodically - we hired a guy to do that, not stand pat and walk on the tread-mill.

I don't really have an issue if the FO is sold on a guy in the draft enough to trade-up for. My only issue would be that trading Zach to move up in a draft like this one seems insanely stupid as his worth is much higher than the Minny deal mentioned (not saying you are condoning it). I like the idea of keeping Coby as "Zach insurance" in case it doesn't look like he is keepable on his next deal, but I'd much sooner trade Coby than Zach (and I'd much much prefer trading Lauri than Coby, but I'd rather keep Lauri than trade up for Ball).

I would really take issue with the FO bringing back any of Dunn, Valentine, or Shaq for anything more than a vet min deal, as they are all replaceable for equally talented vet min guys.
:clap:
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#407 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
ATRAIN53 wrote:not surprised to hear Warriors are interested in Wiseman.

I'd not be shocked if they made a play for Drummond.

They need some beef

Kevon Looney is the biggest guy on that roster and if they have ANY aspirations of getting past LA or DEN they need someone to guard and get Jokic and AD in foul trouble. They are not going into next year with him as the starting C.

Gafford would be an upgrade for them - seriously.....

Size is gonna be a premium in this draft. We need it too.
They need it more and they are closer. MN doesn't need him.

and Bulls targeting a lead playmaker?
We already have 2 great scores who run the floor and know what to do with the ball. That's a smokescreen.

Drummond is too expensive for them when they have 4 guys making 100 million contracts already. Wiseman on the warriors would be legit.

Curry
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond
Wiseman

Damn, that could be a 60 win team.

Zach Lowe suspecting maybe a Wiggins/Drummond trade to even out salaries.
I'd pick Wiseman too. MN aint grabbing him. You get 3 years on rookie deal and he learns from future HOF players.

It's like getting a potential baby Durant for pretty much nothing. Not fair!
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#408 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:45 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
ATRAIN53 wrote:not surprised to hear Warriors are interested in Wiseman.

I'd not be shocked if they made a play for Drummond.

They need some beef

Kevon Looney is the biggest guy on that roster and if they have ANY aspirations of getting past LA or DEN they need someone to guard and get Jokic and AD in foul trouble. They are not going into next year with him as the starting C.

Gafford would be an upgrade for them - seriously.....

Size is gonna be a premium in this draft. We need it too.
They need it more and they are closer. MN doesn't need him.

and Bulls targeting a lead playmaker?
We already have 2 great scores who run the floor and know what to do with the ball. That's a smokescreen.

Drummond is too expensive for them when they have 4 guys making 100 million contracts already. Wiseman on the warriors would be legit.

Curry
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond
Wiseman

Damn, that could be a 60 win team.

Zach Lowe suspecting maybe a Wiggins/Drummond trade to even out salaries.
I'd pick Wiseman too. MN aint grabbing him. You get 3 years on rookie deal and he learns from future HOF players.

It's like getting a potential baby Durant for pretty much nothing. Not fair!

The rich get richer brother that’s why you gotta find your true building blocks and build a real contender.

Every team needs two max guys and then role players around them to compliment their game.
PhilLeotardo
Junior
And1: 220

Post#409 » by PhilLeotardo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:54 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
1, James Johnson, Culver

4 & Lavine

Bulls select Lamelo Ball

Ball 6’7
White 6’4
Culver 6’7
Lauri 6’11
Wendell 6’10

Ball would unlock Lauri and Wendell with his playmaking and passing ability

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Thus borderline spamming at this point. Where are the mods on this?

Why are you crying so much like big baby?

Kevin O'Conner wrote that this morning that the Bulls like Lamelo Ball

Lamelo Ball

Passes like he’s on the Harlem Globetrotters, and it somehow works; he needs to dramatically improve his scoring efficiency, but he has the upside to become one of the NBA’s best playmakers.

SHADES OF: Jason Williams, Lonzo Ball, Shaun Livingston
CHICAGO BULLS

League sources say the Bulls are likely targeting a lead playmaker in the draft, which is why last week’s mock had them taking Killian Hayes. But LaMelo is the most talented passer in this class and is a tempting pick, although one that would immediately raise questions about Zach LaVine and Coby White’s futures in Chicago.

I’m so confused lol. What are you even posting? What is this? Who is Kevin O’Connor, and where, please tell us, does it imply in that comment that you posted that the Bulls are interested in Ball? seriously, where? Where was it ever said that AKEVS were interested in drafting lamello ball? Because that is specifically what you said
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,074

Post#410 » by MrSparkle » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:56 pm

sco wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:My 2c- If AK thinks the Bulls can develop LaMelo to his ceiling, trading up is the perfect “buy low” situation. I’m low on LaMelo but that has nothing to do with reality — I’m not a professional scout.

We do need to remember that great effort was put into re-hauling the developmental staff here. When we had Thibs/Adams and player culture, complete scrubs like Lucas III were able to plug into games and contribute really well.

So I won’t cry and moan about a trade up if Artunas does it. It means he is going for the higher ceiling player and is confident about developing them. Also, it would probably be a 1-step back 2-steps forward move, since none of the top-3 prospects are ready to win games next year, which I wouldn’t be opposed to. This year’s top-3 scream “development” - something GS and MN prefer not to do, which would work in our favor... since I’ve been on the record since the Jimmy trade that I hate the direction of this build (defensive liabilities everywhere, below-the-rim twin towers who don’t really tower over anyone, etc.).

When you also consider that 4 of our “young assets” are up for prime extensions / contract decisions this summer and next (Dunn, Valentine, Lauri, Zach) along with our best player (who’s to injured to play, Otto) it’s an absolutely miserable core that will either walk for nothing or get paid double. So you need to think fast and methodically - we hired a guy to do that, not stand pat and walk on the tread-mill.

I don't really have an issue if the FO is sold on a guy in the draft enough to trade-up for. My only issue would be that trading Zach to move up in a draft like this one seems insanely stupid as his worth is much higher than the Minny deal mentioned (not saying you are condoning it). I like the idea of keeping Coby as "Zach insurance" in case it doesn't look like he is keepable on his next deal, but I'd much sooner trade Coby than Zach (and I'd much much prefer trading Lauri than Coby, but I'd rather keep Lauri than trade up for Ball).

I would really take issue with the FO bringing back any of Dunn, Valentine, or Shaq for anything more than a vet min deal, as they are all replaceable for equally talented vet min guys.

Well with Zach, the honest truth is if he continues scoring over 22 ppg and marginally improves his PER another digit, he’s getting a max offer as an unrestricted FA, and there really is no debate to that. Some team with nothing to lose will offer it. You won’t get him to resign at fair value; in his mind he is drastically underpaid right now, and statistically that’s true. Problem is I think you’re done for if neither of your top-3 paid players are top-20 in the league

The only plus scenario is if you can squeeze in a star FA signing next summer, while Zach costs $19.5m against the cap. I will say, the 2021 FA class seems weak but it could open up based on player’s opt outs or change in commitments.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#411 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

Lamelo Ball

Passes like he’s on the Harlem Globetrotters, and it somehow works; he needs to dramatically improve his scoring efficiency, but he has the upside to become one of the NBA’s best playmakers.

CHICAGO BULLS

I’m so confused lol. What are you even posting? What is this? Who is Kevin O’Connor, and where, please tell us, does it imply in that comment that you posted that the Bulls are interested in Ball? seriously, where? Where was it ever said that AKEVS were interested in drafting lamello ball? Because that is specifically what you said

https://twitter.com/kevinoconnornba?s=21

Kevin O’Conner is a National Basketball Writer for The Ringer. He has over 200,000 followers and is verfied. He is followed by WoJ, Shams, Marc Stein, all the basketball insiders in the world.

He wrote that the Bulls number 1 Target is a playmaker for the team this morning and that Lamelo Ball is the best one in the draft. He brought up Coby and Lavine’s name in his post.
PhilLeotardo
Junior

Post#412 » by PhilLeotardo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:02 pm

cjbulls wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
PhilLeotardo wrote:
Trading up would be a really, really bad move in this draft, especially with ‘21 around the corner. The difference between Ball/Avdija/Hayes isn’t emphatic enough, and they’re all likely low ceiling guys

1, James Johnson, Culver

4 & Lavine

Bulls select Lamelo Ball

Ball 6’7
White 6’4
Culver 6’7
Lauri 6’11
Wendell 6’10

Read on Twitter
?s=21

It is indeed spamming, and I’m not sure where the mods are

He/she also implied that the Bulls were interested in Ball, and then posted a quote that essentially didn’t say that at all. Definitely spam posting nonsense

Perhaps he/she is friendly with the mods? *shrugs*
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,428

Post#413 » by ImSlower » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:07 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

Lamelo Ball

CHICAGO BULLS

I also don't see anywhere that Mayberry inferred trading LaVine+4 for #1. He advocated moving *down* a week ago for Devin Vassell. UnTradeable must have been reading one of the comments to justify his unfortunate trade proposal.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#414 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 pm

ImSlower wrote:
PhilLeotardo wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:

I also don't see anywhere that Mayberry inferred trading LaVine+4 for #1. He advocated moving *down* a week ago for Devin Vassell. UnTradeable must have been reading one of the comments.

Mayberry inferred Wendell and 4 for 1 in The Athletic
ImSlower
Lead Assistant

Post#415 » by ImSlower » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:09 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
ImSlower wrote:
PhilLeotardo wrote:

I also don't see anywhere that Mayberry inferred trading LaVine+4 for #1. He advocated moving *down* a week ago for Devin Vassell. UnTradeable must have been reading one of the comments.

I read the absolute crap out of the Athletic and have no idea what you're on about. Please link the article and a direct quote.
PhilLeotardo
Junior

Post#416 » by PhilLeotardo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:09 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
PhilLeotardo wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:

https://twitter.com/kevinoconnornba?s=21

Kevin O’Conner is a National Basketball Writer for The Ringer. He has over 200,000 followers and is verfied. He is followed by WoJ, Shams, Marc Stein, all the basketball insiders in the world.

He wrote that the Bulls number 1 Target is a playmaker for the team this morning and that Lamelo Ball is the best one in the draft. He brought up Coby and Lavine’s name in his post.

You explicitly stated, and I quote, that “Kevin O’Connor Reported that the Chicago Bulls were interested in drafting LaMelo Ball”. That is what you said. Scroll up

We all read the quote. Nowhere did it imply that. Nowhere has that been said. The Bulls haven’t been linked to Ball ever, literally not even a single shred of a connection. So again, what in gods name are you talking about lol
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,231

Post#417 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:11 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
1, James Johnson, Culver

4 & Lavine

Bulls select Lamelo Ball

Ball 6’7
White 6’4
Culver 6’7
Lauri 6’11
Wendell 6’10

Read on Twitter
?s=21

It is indeed spamming, and I’m not sure where the mods are

He/she also implied that the Bulls were interested in Ball, and then posted a quote that essentially didn’t say that at all. Definitely spam posting nonsense

Perhaps he/she is friendly with the mods? *shrugs*

If you don't know who The Ringer and Kevin O Connor are, I'd argue how involved you are in NBA basketball.

People are allowed to post about players and are allowed to post different opinions. No need to stomp your feet and throw a hissy fit.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#418 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:12 pm

ImSlower wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
ImSlower wrote:

I read the absolute crap out of the Athletic and have no idea what you're on about. Please link the article and a direct quote.

Post your apology now

-Darnell Mayberry

“This really is shaping up as an early litmus test for how new Bulls executive vice president of basketball operations Arturas Karnisovas maximizes value. In his first draft as lead decision-maker, Karnisovas is armed with the fourth pick in what might be a three-player draft.

But with other execs unsatisfied with their draft slots, offers came in to move up and down in the order. And this is where we’ll learn what Karnisovas is made of.

I was too chicken to pull the trigger on a trade for the No. 1 pick — the Wolves offering it and Jarrett Culver for the fourth and rising third-year center Wendell Carter Jr.

It was an intriguing proposal, one the Bulls certainly would take a hard look at if they deem LaMelo Ball a generational talent. If Carter is the tradeoff for such a prospect, you make that deal no matter how promising Carter might be. And if the Bulls pull something like this, it would be apparent Karnisovas is swinging for the fences.”

PhilLeotardo
Junior

Post#419 » by PhilLeotardo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:15 pm

“Kevin O’Connor wrote this morning that the Bulls like LaMelo Ball”

That is literally a quote from this Unfading person, a few comments up

I read that OConnor quote. Did any of you see where he said the Bulls liked Ball? Because I sure didn’t. No one did, because he never said it
ImSlower
Lead Assistant

Post#420 » by ImSlower » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:16 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
ImSlower wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:

Post your apology now

-Darnell Mayberry

“This really is shaping up as an early litmus test for how new Bulls executive vice president of basketball operations Arturas Karnisovas maximizes value. In his first draft as lead decision-maker, Karnisovas is armed with the fourth pick in what might be a three-player draft.

But with other execs unsatisfied with their draft slots, offers came in to move up and down in the order. And this is where we’ll learn what Karnisovas is made of.

I was too chicken to pull the trigger on a trade for the No. 1 pick — the Wolves offering it and Jarrett Culver for the fourth and rising third-year center Wendell Carter Jr.

It was an intriguing proposal, one the Bulls certainly would take a hard look at if they deem LaMelo Ball a generational talent. If Carter is the tradeoff for such a prospect, you make that deal no matter how promising Carter might be. And if the Bulls pull something like this, it would be apparent Karnisovas is swinging for the fences.”

I don't like to be argumentative, but you're making a fool of yourself. That was a fantasy draft, where the beat writer for the Wolves was offereing the beat writer for the Bulls picks. It was 10 guys working for The Athletic.

Here, you can re-read their fun afternoon texting each other, it was an entertaining article, although they don't have enough beat writers to cover some teams, alas.
https://theathletic.com/2143218/2020/10/20/knicks-suns-trade-obi-toppin-into-top-5-2020-nba-beat-writer-mock-draft-3-0/

Return to Chicago Bulls