Image ImageImage Image

Bulls might trade up in draft - Update PG. 25 - Bulls like Ball/may dangle Carter Jr. per Givony

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Re: Bulls might trade up to No. 1 or 2 in draft - NBC Sports 

Post#461 » by sco » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:36 pm

ZOMG wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:Saw sam Smith speaking on the prospect of lavine going to Minny for their 1st culver and James Johnson. Before I felt this was a ridiculous scenario but by most scouts , edwards is not as talented as lavine and may never get to where lavine is even now and lavine is still relatively young.

I always felt minny would part with the pick for a better return but its obvious phoenix is not parting with Devin booker so what other all star talent is even there for minny to snag with their 1st? Cj McCullum? Blake griffin? Russell westbrook? Chris Paul? Paul George? Joel embiid would be worth it but minny doesn't need him. Lavine might have a edge in being flipped due to his manageable contract. Whereas all the other stars come with a huge price tag with lots of money still owed.

Trading up using lavine im not too interested in but the prospect of getting the 1st and still having the 4th is a very intriguing spot to be in. Can't say I would be mad if arturas took this route

The team definitely wouldn't hurt from a shakeup. I wouldn't be mad.

Just for the interest of analyzing players, I would prefer to see LaVine traded to a good situation, just to see what he could do. Something like Dallas.

Well, for LaVine a "good" situation would be a team where he's reduced to an off-ball 2nd or 3rd option. After all, we've all seen what he does in a team where he's The Man and allowed to dominate the ball with HUGE usage. The results are not encouraging.

I don't want to dump Lavine as I think we'd realize (again) that trading young studs for prospects usually works against you. But if we did, I think we could do better than #1 and Culver (marginal starting talent). I saw rumors of MIA wanting Beal and the deal needing to include Herro and Robinson...I'd sooner take that deal.
:clap:
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#462 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:35 pm

I believe Wiseman is the only 7ft prospect that you might be able to put on the floor in the playoffs in the draft.
He's not dropping, he's going #1 or #2

He's got size and GSW need size.

They have AD and Jokic and KP to deal with, their biggest guy on the roster right now is Looney

It's rare chance for them to add a 7 footer for rookie salary and then add some more size via trade or Free Agency.
They know this, they are the freakin Warriors and Light Years ahead of everyone. They are not wasting the rest of Steph and Klays prime. They want to win again and they need bulk.

People forget Paschall was really good for a rookie last year. They have their starting 5 with 2 rookie deals if they take Sizeman.
This allows the to sign another top shelf FA too. They will. I think they grab Drummond too, he's a rebounding machine.

MN doesn't need him. They have KAT.
He will be there at #2 for them.

Out only shot to get him is to trade with MN if we want him.

Is MJ out there trying to trade up from #3 too - I'm sure he is...
sco
RealGM

Post#463 » by sco » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:54 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:I believe Wiseman is the only 7ft prospect that you might be able to put on the floor in the playoffs in the draft.
He's not dropping, he's going #1 or #2

He's got size and GSW need size.

They have AD and Jokic and KP to deal with, their biggest guy on the roster right now is Looney

It's rare chance for them to add a 7 footer for rookie salary and then add some more size via trade or Free Agency.
They know this, they are the freakin Warriors and Light Years ahead of everyone. They are not wasting the rest of Steph and Klays prime. They want to win again and they need bulk.

People forget Paschall was really good for a rookie last year. They have their starting 5 with 2 rookie deals if they take Sizeman.
This allows the to sign another top shelf FA too. They will. I think they grab Drummond too, he's a rebounding machine.

MN doesn't need him. They have KAT.
He will be there at #2 for them.

Out only shot to get him is to trade with MN if we want him.

Is MJ out there trying to trade up from #3 too - I'm sure he is...

I can only hope other teams save us from the bad risk/return that come from drafting any of Ball, Wiseman or Deni. I don't have the perspective to say that AKME have the balls not to draft one of them if they drop to us and we don't have a trade partner lined-up.
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 125

Re: Bulls might trade up to No. 1 or 2 in draft - NBC Sportsp 

Post#464 » by Sinistar6 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 7:41 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
1, James Johnson, Culver

4 & Lavine

Bulls select Lamelo Ball

Ball 6’7
White 6’4
Culver 6’7
Lauri 6’11
Wendell 6’10

Ball would unlock Lauri and Wendell with his playmaking and passing ability

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Thus borderline spamming at this point. Where are the mods on this?

I tend to agree. This is starting to look like wonderboy's Satoransky fixation. @UnFadeable21, do us a favor and stop polishing Ball's balls from now on. Enough is enough said Streisand and Summer and they were right.

This is cracking me up!!! The funny thing is these highlights have worked and ball’s polished balls are moving to the top of my draft board.
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#465 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Top picks nearly locked in?

It's still difficult to have a firm grasp on where each projected lottery pick will end up, though a consensus is beginning to form among teams that split the top prospects into two tiers.

Unless a surprise trade completely disrupts the top of the draft, LaMelo Ball, Anthony Edwards and James Wiseman are likely to make up the top three in some order, according to conversations with multiple team executives, scouts and agents. Most NBA front offices are operating under the assumption that Ball is going No. 1 -- either to the Minnesota Timberwolves or a team that trades up to select him.

Some popular picks among executives to make such a move for Ball at No. 1 include the Chicago Bulls (currently holding the No. 4 pick), Detroit Pistons (No. 7) and Oklahoma City Thunder (No. 25, plus a stash of future firsts).

Bulls want to move up to 1 for Lamelo according to Draft Express!!!!

I called it!
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#466 » by Andi Obst » Mon Nov 9, 2020 6:18 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Top picks nearly locked in?

It's still difficult to have a firm grasp on where each projected lottery pick will end up, though a consensus is beginning to form among teams that split the top prospects into two tiers.

Unless a surprise trade completely disrupts the top of the draft, LaMelo Ball, Anthony Edwards and James Wiseman are likely to make up the top three in some order, according to conversations with multiple team executives, scouts and agents. Most NBA front offices are operating under the assumption that Ball is going No. 1 -- either to the Minnesota Timberwolves or a team that trades up to select him.

Some popular picks among executives to make such a move for Ball at No. 1 include the Chicago Bulls (currently holding the No. 4 pick), Detroit Pistons (No. 7) and Oklahoma City Thunder (No. 25, plus a stash of future firsts).

Bulls want to move up to 1 for Lamelo according to Draft Express!!!!

I called it!

I mean, that's what other execs think according to this article. Or, in other words, we have no idea whether that's actually true.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#467 » by nomorezorro » Mon Nov 9, 2020 6:38 pm

i don't think there's any compelling reason to believe that anything reported about our motives in this draft has been meaningful. not to say the sourcing is bad, it's just that nobody has demonstrated they have an accurate insight into this front office.

whole lotta "other GMs believe" "they appear to need a playmaker" "karnisovas has shown an interest in foreign prospects in the past," all of which boils down to speculation. some of it is informed speculation, but speculation nonetheless. informed speculation said we might be keeping boylen and that unseld had the inside track to the head coach job. nobody knows anything about what we're doing!
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#468 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Nov 9, 2020 7:06 pm

So much bull making the rounds...
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#469 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Nov 9, 2020 8:41 pm

Watching the writers they all seem to think the bulls have the best possibility of moving up 1 or 2 with the best package to offer. The warriors could give us the 2 and we ship Carter jr and the 4th to the warriors. Warriors walk with Carter jr and deni. That scenario got a A rating by the warriors writers.

I think this a great scenario for us as well. A core of ball coby lavine and lauri is a great young core with great potential.

Another deal I see floating around is a otto porter Jr for Aaron gordon deal that intrigued me. Gordon is a bit over paid but he us a defensive big who can rebound and play well alongside lauri.

Imagine a young athletic team with ball running the show lavine and Gordon flying to the rim and lauri and coby on the wings outside. A

Ball
Coby
Lavine at the 3 (i can see donovan experimenting with this)
Lauri
Gordon

Line up could be great on the open floor. Its sneaky good defensively because Gordon and coby are defenders and lavine tries.

This scenario is why I would do the Carter jr to warriors deal.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,078
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#470 » by Clint Eastwood » Mon Nov 9, 2020 8:57 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Watching the writers they all seem to think the bulls have the best possibility of moving up 1 or 2 with the best package to offer. The warriors could give us the 2 and we ship Carter jr and the 4th to the warriors. Warriors walk with Carter jr and deni. That scenario got a A rating by the warriors writers.

I think this a great scenario for us as well. A core of ball coby lavine and lauri is a great young core with great potential.

Another deal I see floating around is a otto porter Jr for Aaron gordon deal that intrigued me. Gordon is a bit over paid but he us a defensive big who can rebound and play well alongside lauri.

Imagine a young athletic team with ball running the show lavine and Gordon flying to the rim and lauri and coby on the wings outside. A

Ball
Coby
Lauri
Gordon

Line up could be great on the open floor. Its sneaky good defensively because Gordon and coby are defenders and lavine tries.

If we trade lauri or wendel to move up two spots in this draft, and then select lamello ball, who i think is going to slip to 8 or more, i will have zero faith in this new management. Lauri or Wendell should get you a top ten pick in this draft on their own. Otherwise, we should keep them both and rehab their value with our new competent coaching staff.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#471 » by ZOMG » Mon Nov 9, 2020 9:12 pm

I've been against trading Markkanen in every scenario, but if the Bulls are serious about LaMelo Ball... for Lauri's sake, I hope he does get traded. What an absolute F'n nightmare.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#472 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 9:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#473 » by Jcool0 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 9:45 pm

:lol:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Ball a tier 1..... Hahahaha
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#474 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 9:50 pm

Jcool0 wrote::lol:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Ball a tier 1..... Hahahaha

Ball is rated number 1 by ESPN, The Athletic, John Hollinger and Chad Ford Lock on Network.
sco
RealGM

Post#475 » by sco » Mon Nov 9, 2020 9:50 pm

I think we need Ball...like a 3rd ball.
weneeda2guard
RealGM

Post#476 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Nov 9, 2020 9:52 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:Watching the writers they all seem to think the bulls have the best possibility of moving up 1 or 2 with the best package to offer. The warriors could give us the 2 and we ship Carter jr and the 4th to the warriors. Warriors walk with Carter jr and deni. That scenario got a A rating by the warriors writers.

Ball
Coby
Lauri
Gordon

If we trade lauri or wendel to move up two spots in this draft, and then select lamello ball, who i think is going to slip to 8 or more, i will have zero faith in this new management. Lauri or Wendell should get you a top ten pick in this draft on their own. Otherwise, we should keep them both and rehab their value with our new competent coaching staff.

Lemelo is not slipping to 7th or 8th. I cant see how anyone can believe that. People are playing deflection games hoping he slips. He is not slipping. He been coined the most talented player in this draft and that has not changed.

I would have high hopes for this management to take risk and be more proactive in getting the best talent. The "stay the course" route is a move out the garpax playroom. I thought the point of new management was so they could draft the best talent and get the better free agents. We got the great coach. Let's get the elite talent.
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 979

Post#477 » by Chicagoat » Mon Nov 9, 2020 9:57 pm

Listening to the newest Lowe Podcast and seems like AKME likes Lauri more than Carter.

Not surprising, since Lauri had a good trajectory before the last season stinker. But I wouldn't be mad if we traded Lauri for a good package. I can see the issue with having a big man that can't play defense well.

Sent from my SM-A715F using RealGM mobile app
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
weneeda2guard
RealGM

Post#478 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Nov 9, 2020 10:01 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

It's been this kind of call all year. I dont see how anyone can actually believe he slipping to 8th. That story of him having "bad interviews " had crap written all over that. Watch when ball finally speaks how most of these rumors get confirmed false. Its just deflecting. I remember Kevin McHale admitting to putting out a false rumor on Kevin garnett to get him to slip to 5th. Its the games these guys play.

And I respect all you unpaid scouts who knows the future of all these players but I tend to lean with the experts and most if not all of them way ball is a legit pg. Is he lebron James or zion coming out the draft no, can he be a penny Hardaway, uh yes.
sco
RealGM

Post#479 » by sco » Mon Nov 9, 2020 10:02 pm

Chicagoat wrote:Listening to the newest Lowe Podcast and seems like AKME likes Lauri more than Carter.

Not surprising, since Lauri had a good trajectory before the last season stinker. But I wouldn't be mad if we traded Lauri for a good package. I can see the issue with having a big man that can't play defense well.

Sent from my SM-A715F using RealGM mobile app

Honestly, neither guy seems to be more than a middling starting talent when they peak.

That's not to say they are worthless, but AKME's job 1 should be to find a #1 option on a contenting team for the Bulls. Maybe he's on the roster already, maybe he's in the draft, maybe via FA or trade, but wherever he is, nobody on the roster should stand in the way of getting that guy here.
weneeda2guard
RealGM

Post#480 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Nov 9, 2020 10:29 pm

ZOMG wrote:I've been against trading Markkanen in every scenario, but if the Bulls are serious about LaMelo Ball... for Lauri's sake, I hope he does get traded. What an absolute F'n nightmare.

I want to see lauri get a shot here under a good coach but I fully understand moving on from him simply because he has a contract coming up and we can't compromise having a ton of cap space to keep lauri here. It would be a move paxson continuously did with Hinrich deng tyson Chandler andres nocioni etc and we end up moving on from them anyway.

Return to Chicago Bulls