Image ImageImage Image

WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

Red8911
RealGM
Posts: 10,516
And1: 2,484
Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Location: BROOKLYN

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#41 » by Red8911 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:04 am

What a signing lol. Temple actually was hot at one point last season with Brooklyn and had his highest scoring average in his career at an astonishing 10 ppg !!

Yeah this was the least exciting signing the bulls ever made. Is he better than Hutchinson and Valentine? Yes, so I guess Temple is probably an upgrade for the bench. I really hope there’s more moves after this.
AirLaVine8
General Manager
Posts: 8,491
And1: 168
Joined: Apr 09, 2002
 

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#42 » by AirLaVine8 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:04 am

Will not be shocked if Thad and Sato are moved sometime before the season or even training camp starts. Almost kinda expecting it
RIP Kobe :cry: :cry:
Mamba Forever
mtron32
Starter
Posts: 2,110
And1: 995
Joined: Nov 18, 2016
       

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#43 » by mtron32 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:08 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:I honestly cant even picture what garrett temple does/looks like. And hes a 10 year vet.

Ole AK is really gonna push that "in AK I trust" phrase I've been seeing folks use around here. At least till the season starts.

I’m giving him a bit of rope, let him hire staff, draft players, see how these moves turn out. If we get to two years and we’re still trash, I’m passing around torches son. Till then, I’m gonna try to enjoy these baby Bulls
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
Posts: 23,347
And1: 2,257
Joined: Sep 11, 2009

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#44 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:12 am

He's basically a 2020 version of Bogans.

I hate moves like this. No imagination and on the first day of free agency, like seriously you couldn't come up with a better plan than this? Screams Pax all over it. They did the same thing last year being over-eager on Thad Young.
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 18,330
And1: 4,101
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#45 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:16 am

AirLaVine8 wrote:Will not be shocked if Thad and Sato are moved sometime before the season or even training camp starts. Almost kinda expecting it


It’s hard to see anyone that will want to give us an expiring that could provide more performance on the court. Thad has a 6M and Sato 4M guarantee for the following year too. Such a dumb GarPax contract.
User avatar
TheSuzerain
RealGM
Posts: 13,470
And1: 8,563
Joined: Mar 29, 2012

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#46 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:17 am

This has been a GarPax offseason so far other than PWill at 4.
jordanwilliams6
Sophomore
Posts: 210
And1: 186
Joined: Nov 01, 2018
 

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#47 » by jordanwilliams6 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:18 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:He's basically a 2020 version of Bogans.

I hate moves like this. No imagination and on the first day of free agency, like seriously you couldn't come up with a better plan than this? Screams Pax all over it. They did the same thing last year being over-eager on Thad Young.

The difference is that this is a one year deal that can be moved anytime. This team severely lacks competent wings and a veteran presence. Who do we have that could provide any guidance to our young squad? Thad is probably the only one.

Expecting this team to make major moves now is unrealistic. If this team is going to move in a major change of direction it’ll be closer to the trade deadline. You can’t be mad at signing solid veterans to team friendly deals in the meantime.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
Posts: 23,347
And1: 2,257
Joined: Sep 11, 2009

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#48 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:He's basically a 2020 version of Bogans.

I hate moves like this. No imagination and on the first day of free agency, like seriously you couldn't come up with a better plan than this? Screams Pax all over it. They did the same thing last year being over-eager on Thad Young.

The difference is that this is a one year deal that can be moved anytime. This team severely lacks competent wings and a veteran presence. Who do we have that could provide any guidance to our young squad? Thad is probably the only one.

Expecting this team to make major moves now is unrealistic. If this team is going to move in a major change of direction it’ll be closer to the trade deadline. You can’t be mad at signing solid veterans to team friendly deals in the meantime.


I don't mind them signing veterans. I just hate doing it on literally the first day of free agency like signing Garrett Temple was our top priority.

There should never be that level of eagerness to sign a 9.6 PER player. You sign guys like that to minimum deals before the season. Don't bid against yourselves for guys who have no market.
BullsFTW
Head Coach
Posts: 6,459
And1: 1,845
Joined: Apr 08, 2012
       

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#49 » by BullsFTW » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:22 am

Pax for Prez wrote:Hopefully this is a depth piece because of a coming trade.

I doubt there’ll be significant trades until AK sees everyone play in a new system and different environment. We will probably sign another veteran PG, and that’s it.

I’m fine with standing par and seeing how the players perform under a better coach.
User avatar
Clocian
RealGM
Posts: 10,401
And1: 700
Joined: Nov 01, 2009
Location: Hip Hop
     

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#50 » by Clocian » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:27 am

I'm curious to all those critical of AK's moves thus far who they wanted to sign.
Damn I love Hip Hop!
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
Posts: 23,347
And1: 2,257
Joined: Sep 11, 2009

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#51 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:33 am

Clocian wrote:I'm curious to all those critical of AK's moves thus far who they wanted to sign.


Glenn Robinson III would have been a much better target
Pax for Prez
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,964
And1: 174
Joined: Oct 02, 2005
Location: avoiding the WIFE

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#52 » by Pax for Prez » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 am

BullsFTW wrote:
Pax for Prez wrote:Hopefully this is a depth piece because of a coming trade.

I doubt there’ll be significant trades until AK sees everyone play in a new system and different environment. We will probably sign another veteran PG, and that’s it.

I’m fine with standing par and seeing how the players perform under a better coach.


Read on Twitter
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 18,330
And1: 4,101
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#53 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:40 am

TheSuzerain wrote:This has been a GarPax offseason so far other than PWill at 4.


Nah. No way they get Dotson.

They would have given q offer to Dunn too because they traded for him.
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 18,330
And1: 4,101
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#54 » by Chi town » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:42 am

Pax for Prez wrote:
BullsFTW wrote:
Pax for Prez wrote:Hopefully this is a depth piece because of a coming trade.

I doubt there’ll be significant trades until AK sees everyone play in a new system and different environment. We will probably sign another veteran PG, and that’s it.

I’m fine with standing par and seeing how the players perform under a better coach.


Read on Twitter


They won’t trade Thad and mess up their cap space next summer.
User avatar
danzou
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,592
And1: 502
Joined: Jul 02, 2010
Location: Chicago
     

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#55 » by danzou » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:42 am

Makes us an instant contender
Davell
Junior
Posts: 457
And1: 240
Joined: Feb 24, 2017
     

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#56 » by Davell » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:43 am

If you move Thad, you’ve basically got to get a front court guy back or in a separate deal. I’m all for giving Gafford more run, but with our injury prone front court, you’ve got to have a guy like Thad, whether it’s him or not.

I guess I suspect him and Sato will both be moved for better fits over the next few days.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 13,251
And1: 3,304
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#57 » by TheStig » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:50 am

Are we sure Pax didn't steal AK's phone? This is a pax move. Why waste $5 mill on this guy?

And who the hell puts 3 exclamations after we signed Garrett Temple? Those should be 3 periods.
bad knees
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,766
And1: 1,259
Joined: Jul 09, 2009

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#58 » by bad knees » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:54 am

Jeez, we needed a backup wing, and we got a decent vet who can still play and is a good locker room presence. On a 1 year deal. I don’t get all the negativity.
Rose2Boozer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,410
And1: 345
Joined: Apr 07, 2011

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#59 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 am

Shaq da 6'7" deserved better.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 13,251
And1: 3,304
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#60 » by TheStig » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:05 am

Clocian wrote:I'm curious to all those critical of AK's moves thus far who they wanted to sign.

I've actually been very supportive of AK's moves but this one is stupid. For a very calculated exec, this is completely crazy. In a couple of days, you'll be able to sign someone like Temple for the min or at worse bi annual exception. No reason to blow more than half your MLE on this guy. What other GM was rushing to sign a 34 year old Garret Temple as FA opened?

Return to Chicago Bulls