Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,333

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#1781 » by fleet » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:33 pm

dice wrote:
Dominater wrote:If fine with Dalton at this point. I'm actually cool with them not even bothering to sell us any false hope this year

you're kidding yourself if you don't think that signing dalton was intended to persuade the average fan that it was an upgrade from trubisky. that was the feeble hope, at least. 'cause it makes no rational sense that it was for football reasons

Once they went with Dalton, I knew they probably were going for investing in a QB in this draft early. Dalton is the bridge Ryan Pace is selling to fans. It wasn’t for “football reasons”, unless that reason is poor management of a football franchise boxing themselves into a corner. So, here we are again. Another lost season upcoming, and and no true leadership, everyone is neutered and under the porch licking their wounds. One day there will be a smart alpha male in control at Halas Hall.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#1782 » by dice » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:39 pm

fleet wrote:
dice wrote:
Dominater wrote:If fine with Dalton at this point. I'm actually cool with them not even bothering to sell us any false hope this year

you're kidding yourself if you don't think that signing dalton was intended to persuade the average fan that it was an upgrade from trubisky. that was the feeble hope, at least. 'cause it makes no rational sense that it was for football reasons

Once they went with Dalton, I knew they probably were going for investing in a QB in this draft early. Dalton is the bridge Ryan Pace is selling to fans. It wasn’t for “football reasons”, unless that reason is poor management of a football franchise boxing themselves into a corner. So, here we are again. Another lost season upcoming, and and no true leadership, everyone is neutered and under the porch licking their wounds. One day there will be a smart alpha male in control at Halas Hall.

i don't even know if it was ryan pace who made the decision. it's possible that ownership told him that he couldn't maintain the status quo, even if it was just a cosmetic change. that they needed to try and sell the fanbase on SOMEthing...even if it was unlikely to work. and it hasn't. the decision has been getting just smashed in the media, with most saying that it would have been better to bring back trubisky
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#1783 » by Jcool0 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,333

Post#1784 » by fleet » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:47 pm

dice wrote:
fleet wrote:
dice wrote:you're kidding yourself if you don't think that signing dalton was intended to persuade the average fan that it was an upgrade from trubisky. that was the feeble hope, at least. 'cause it makes no rational sense that it was for football reasons

i don't even know if it was ryan pace who made the decision. it's possible that ownership told him that he couldn't maintain the status quo, even if it was just a cosmetic change. that they needed to try and sell the fanbase on SOMEthing...even if it was unlikely to work. and it hasn't. the decision has been getting just smashed in the media, with most saying that it would have been better to bring back trubisky

It totally would have been better to bring back Trubisky, and I’d rather do almost anything else than bring back Trubisky. The outcomes we are dealing with have been the worst possible outcomes. How we get through next season having to project better days ahead with our new kid quarterback learning from masters Dalton and Nagy. DeFillippo I guess.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,937
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#1785 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:09 pm

fleet wrote:
dice wrote:
fleet wrote:Once they went with Dalton, I knew they probably were going for investing in a QB in this draft early. Dalton is the bridge Ryan Pace is selling to fans. It wasn’t for “football reasons”, unless that reason is poor management of a football franchise boxing themselves into a corner. So, here we are again. Another lost season upcoming, and and no true leadership, everyone is neutered and under the porch licking their wounds. One day there will be a smart alpha male in control at Halas Hall.

It totally would have been better to bring back Trubisky, and I’d rather do almost anything else than bring back Trubisky. The outcomes we are dealing with have been the worst possible outcomes. How we get through next season having to project better days ahead with our new kid quarterback learning from masters Dalton and Nagy. DeFillippo I guess.
Not only that, what are we going to be subjected to as fans if/when this fails miserably? Who is going to pick up the pieces? They are seriously going to test my fandom going forward.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#1786 » by Bandit King » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:01 pm

I doubt Pace can even Draft a good QB in the late rounds of the draft!!
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,857

Post#1787 » by Dresden » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:09 am

FWIW, Yahoo Sports had an article on leagues worst receiving corps, and surpisingly Bears did not make the bottom 10! (They were 11th).
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,692

Post#1788 » by nitetrain8603 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:59 am

If Fields is there, I think you take him if you're the Bears. I think he has maybe another year of developing. He can read the field, but he does need to get faster at going through the progressions. If he does, I can easily see him being the best QB in this draft class.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#1789 » by patryk7754 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:18 am

Dresden wrote:FWIW, Yahoo Sports had an article on leagues worst receiving corps, and surpisingly Bears did not make the bottom 10! (They were 11th).

how is this surprising? Robinson would be considered a top 10 WR if every year he didn't have the worst QB in the NFL, mooney had a great rookie season and a really good season overall, and although inconsistent, Miller is solid.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1790 » by patryk7754 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:21 am

I'm guessing Miller and Hicks will be gone on or after draft day either through trade or cuts. With that money, I think Arden Key and Sheldon Richardson would be good pickups.

Key is a no-risk high reward type signing and we need as much pass rush help for Mack as possible. Richardson has always been one of the underrated DT/DE in the NFL and I think he'll be affordable given the timing of his release. Would be a really good replacement for Hicks
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1791 » by patryk7754 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:If Fields is there, I think you take him if you're the Bears. I think he has maybe another year of developing. He can read the field, but he does need to get faster at going through the progressions. If he does, I can easily see him being the best QB in this draft class.

there is no I think. If he's there you take him with zero hesitation. There's no reason for him to be getting all the negative publicity he's been getting. To me, he's clearly the number 2 QB in the draft. His floor is Teddy Bridgewater
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1792 » by patryk7754 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:44 am

Trade hicks to the Broncos for a 6th
Trade Miller to the Ravens for a 5th
Trade the 20th pick (assuming no one significant is there) to the Falcons for 2021 2nd, 3rd, 2021 1st and 3rd (to draft a QB)

RD 2: Trevon Moehrig, S
RD 2: Greg Newsome, CB
RD 3: Walker Little, OT
RD 3: Joseph Ossai, OLB
RD 5: Jamie Newman, QB
RD 5: Tedarrell Slaton, DE
RD 6: Nico Collins, WR
RD 6: Ryan Van Demark, OT
RD 6: Tuf Borland, ILB
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#1793 » by Pax for Prez » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:51 am

Read on Twitter
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#1794 » by Chi town » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:02 pm

Tankathon has Bears taking Mills in the 3rd and Mond not going until at least the 4th.

I’m all for trading back from 20 and getting more picks. Our cap situation has us needing rookies to play well.

Ideally we go OT QB and speed WR.

I’d def trade Miller for a pick too
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#1795 » by Dominator83 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:38 pm

Steve Mongo Mcmichael has been diagnosed with ALS. That sucks man
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#1796 » by Chi town » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:06 pm

https://youtu.be/vGdrsFx5J2o

Simms has been pretty darn good assessing QBs in the past.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#1797 » by Bulls69 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Dominater wrote:Steve Mongo Mcmichael has been diagnosed with ALS. That sucks man

Mongo is larger than life this sucks big time
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#1798 » by dice » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Bulls69 wrote:
Dominater wrote:Steve Mongo Mcmichael has been diagnosed with ALS. That sucks man

Mongo is larger than life this sucks big time

one of our family cats when i was growing up had the name mongo. no relation. dumbest cat ever. approximate likeness:

twice got caught warming himself in the innards of my father's car when the car was started in winter. leg was broken in the motor one time, the other time he took a ride to work with my father and was lost for weeks

but anyway...all the best to mcmichael. supposedly a really nice guy
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1799 » by patryk7754 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:32 pm

Horn would be a great pick. I think he's the next great lockdown corner. He's mostly talked about as the third CB so there's a chance he drops. Also wouldn't be surprised if he goes top ten.
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#1800 » by DJhitek » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:32 am

Bandit King wrote:I doubt Pace can even Draft a good QB in the late rounds of the draft!!

I agree, but I’m not sure he has ever drafted any QB besides Trubisky. I’d be ok if he tried.

Return to Chicago Bulls