Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

User avatar
chicagoballer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,484
And1: 103
Joined: Nov 22, 2004

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#901 » by chicagoballer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:17 am

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/trubisky-talks-wild-card-loss-to-saints

mitch on postgame press conference. What a terrible response to the first question "do you want to be back here next year?" no expression on face, looking away. No confidence displayed there. so much to be desired from your QB. I understand you had tough loss, but you should essentially say "hell yea" or a more PC version of it. the easiest question you were going to get.

His answers make me want him even less next year. They are all repetitive answers, almost like they are rehearsed and memorized... execution not there, need to improve, not sure why things didnt work today, didnt convert third downs... all generic.

Show us some emotion man! show anger, desire to win! his non-verbal cues dont show any true passion.
User avatar
chicagoballer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,484
And1: 103
Joined: Nov 22, 2004

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#902 » by chicagoballer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:23 am

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/akiem-hicks-talks-playoff-loss-to-saints

In contrast, here is akiem. answers are genuine. getting offended by reporter's use of words. sounds passionate and wise.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Analyst
Posts: 3,052
And1: 334
Joined: Sep 27, 2001
Location: The OC
     

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#903 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:17 pm

Pace has made some good picks later in drafts. Some good sneaky finds.

But that's not enough to overcome the move to trade up and draft Trubisky over the other Qb's in that draft. That move alone is enough to move on. We've given Pace and Trubisky enough time.

Lets move on from that painful mistake and start fresh.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
Posts: 6,550
And1: 1,959
Joined: Dec 14, 2007
Location: Chicago

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#904 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:36 pm

Wow look at CBS trying to clown Nick-

Read on Twitter


I enjoyed the call on Nick, I figured our playoff appearance was such a joke it was appropriate.
It actually showed me that I don't really need announcers to watch and call play by play for an NFL game - and the important things that the announcers do is the sideline reporting and discussing injuries during the game. That stuff is critical and no other way to know this except from a sideline guy.

I really wanted Cam Newton to start the year - so the fact he had COVID and didn't make the playoffs makes me wonder what he does now. Is he really done at 31?

I would have taken Philip Rivers as well, he had a good year and might have won that game yesterday.

I think we start 2021 with Foles. Maybe they take a shot at Stafford or Darnold.

I see a Chiefs Packers Super Bowl on the horizon - Go Chiefs!!!!!
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 25,714
And1: 2,749
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Location: Dallas

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#905 » by CBS7 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 pm

What a crappy ending to the season. I expected nothing but was still disappointed

The Wims drop and the Eddie Jackson neutral zone infraction.. sum up the season.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 54,108
And1: 22,622
Joined: Dec 23, 2002
     

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#906 » by fleet » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Guess we have the 20th pick. Wonder if Mac Jones would get there.
Try the Trump Tax Calculator!

JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.
dice
RealGM
Posts: 37,525
And1: 10,191
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#907 » by dice » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:53 am

CBS7 wrote:What a crappy ending to the season. I expected nothing but was still disappointed

The Wims drop and the Eddie Jackson neutral zone infraction.. sum up the season.

you forgot the INT that was overturned because the tip of the ball grazed the ground
please be upstanding for the mayor of simpleton
dice
RealGM
Posts: 37,525
And1: 10,191
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#908 » by dice » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:55 am

fleet wrote:Guess we have the 20th pick. Wonder if Mac Jones would get there.

watch the bears miss out on a franchise QB because the NFL decided to expand the playoffs this season, costing them a few draft slots
please be upstanding for the mayor of simpleton
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,852
And1: 556
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#909 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:13 am

I think our priorities should be replacing Pagano, Leno, and Massie, resigning Robinson and trading for Minshew. Nagy should be on the list too but doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
1.Pagano has been inconsistent with his coaching and I think the talent on the team made him look better than he was. I want someone from the rams or Broncos

2. Leno and Massie need no explanation. I want Remmers from the chiefs and Sambrilio from the Titans. Both are underrated. Nothing spectacular but they get the job done. Both will probably get paid less than 5mil and might come here even cheaper for a starting job.

3. Minshew is an upgrade over anyone we got. He's better than anyone we have a legit chance of getting in FA or the draft and he gets paid less than 900k. Trading for him leaves us with a lot of flexibility to fill holes one the team

4. Robinson would have to sign for a slight discount at least in the first couple seasons of his contract.

If the bears can free up about 40 mil in cap space and make those move in FA then I think we're in the best shape since the Pace/Nagy era began. We'll have a serviceable QB, better online, one of the best run games, and a SB defense. Only thing in the way would be nagy
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,852
And1: 556
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#910 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:15 am

fleet wrote:Guess we have the 20th pick. Wonder if Mac Jones would get there.

Im not high on Jones. I want Chase to drop more than anyone. I think there's a chance people look at him as the best player in the draft 10 years from now. And if we lose Robinson, drafting chase would make it easier to swallow.
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,852
And1: 556
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#911 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:47 am

Key moves we should make IMO (other than firing Nagy)

1. Replace Pagano with Aubrey Pleasant, DBs coach from the Rams

2.Maybe sign Doug Pederson as OC but it seems like theres a strong chance he becomes Jets HC

3. Cut Leno, Massie, Skrine, Wims, and Graham.

4.restructure Hicks, Trevathan, Mack, and Fuller (extension) to free up 10-15 in cap

5. Trade Quinn and Miller for Minshew. Trade Foles to the colts for conditional 7th

6. After cuts and restructures have about 40 mil in cap.

7. Resign, Robinson, Gibson, Urban, Patterson, Mingo, Santos, and other key FAs

8. Sign Remmers and Sambrilio to be our starting Tackles. Troy Hill to be our NCB. Tyrod Taylor to be our backup QB

9. Draft Jamare chase in the 1st hopefully. if not trade down. Take waddle or Olave with our first pick. Tulsa's OLB with our 2nd and walker little with our thrid.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
Posts: 23,371
And1: 1,427
Joined: May 30, 2003
         

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#912 » by nitetrain8603 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:49 am

patryk7754 wrote:I think our priorities should be replacing Pagano, Leno, and Massie, resigning Robinson and trading for Minshew. Nagy should be on the list too but doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
1.Pagano has been inconsistent with his coaching and I think the talent on the team made him look better than he was. I want someone from the rams or Broncos

2. Leno and Massie need no explanation. I want Remmers from the chiefs and Sambrilio from the Titans. Both are underrated. Nothing spectacular but they get the job done. Both will probably get paid less than 5mil and might come here even cheaper for a starting job.

3. Minshew is an upgrade over anyone we got. He's better than anyone we have a legit chance of getting in FA or the draft and he gets paid less than 900k. Trading for him leaves us with a lot of flexibility to fill holes one the team

4. Robinson would have to sign for a slight discount at least in the first couple seasons of his contract.

If the bears can free up about 40 mil in cap space and make those move in FA then I think we're in the best shape since the Pace/Nagy era began. We'll have a serviceable QB, better online, one of the best run games, and a SB defense. Only thing in the way would be nagy


Minshew is not serviceable. Overall plan is decent. Still need to get rid of certain guys like Eddie Jackson, Trevathan and Quinn. Good luck.

I'd sign Winston as your bridge QB, especially if you keep Pace. OLine definitely needs to be rebuilt.
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,852
And1: 556
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#913 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:56 am

Minshew/Taylor
Sambrilio/Whitehair/Mustiphar/Daniels/Remmers
Monty/Cohen
Robinson/Mooney/2021WR
Kmet/Harris/Holts

Nicolas/Goldman/Hicks
Mack/Smith/Trevathan/Collins (Tulsa's OLB)/Mingo
Fuller/Johnson/Hill
Jackson/Gibson
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,852
And1: 556
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#914 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:59 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I think our priorities should be replacing Pagano, Leno, and Massie, resigning Robinson and trading for Minshew. Nagy should be on the list too but doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
1.Pagano has been inconsistent with his coaching and I think the talent on the team made him look better than he was. I want someone from the rams or Broncos

2. Leno and Massie need no explanation. I want Remmers from the chiefs and Sambrilio from the Titans. Both are underrated. Nothing spectacular but they get the job done. Both will probably get paid less than 5mil and might come here even cheaper for a starting job.

3. Minshew is an upgrade over anyone we got. He's better than anyone we have a legit chance of getting in FA or the draft and he gets paid less than 900k. Trading for him leaves us with a lot of flexibility to fill holes one the team

4. Robinson would have to sign for a slight discount at least in the first couple seasons of his contract.

If the bears can free up about 40 mil in cap space and make those move in FA then I think we're in the best shape since the Pace/Nagy era began. We'll have a serviceable QB, better online, one of the best run games, and a SB defense. Only thing in the way would be nagy


Minshew is not serviceable. Overall plan is decent. Still need to get rid of certain guys like Eddie Jackson, Trevathan and Quinn. Good luck.

I'd sign Winston as your bridge QB, especially if you keep Pace. OLine definitely needs to be rebuilt.

Why isn't Minshew serviceable? and Why do we need to get rid of Jackson'? An all pro. And no big deal if we dont get rid of Quinn becuase we'd save a little more than 1mil. Don't need to get rid of Trevathan if we can restructure him and our DC doesn't have him cover speed WRs.
dice
RealGM
Posts: 37,525
And1: 10,191
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#915 » by dice » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:30 am

patryk7754 wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I think our priorities should be replacing Pagano, Leno, and Massie, resigning Robinson and trading for Minshew. Nagy should be on the list too but doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
1.Pagano has been inconsistent with his coaching and I think the talent on the team made him look better than he was. I want someone from the rams or Broncos

2. Leno and Massie need no explanation. I want Remmers from the chiefs and Sambrilio from the Titans. Both are underrated. Nothing spectacular but they get the job done. Both will probably get paid less than 5mil and might come here even cheaper for a starting job.

3. Minshew is an upgrade over anyone we got. He's better than anyone we have a legit chance of getting in FA or the draft and he gets paid less than 900k. Trading for him leaves us with a lot of flexibility to fill holes one the team

4. Robinson would have to sign for a slight discount at least in the first couple seasons of his contract.

If the bears can free up about 40 mil in cap space and make those move in FA then I think we're in the best shape since the Pace/Nagy era began. We'll have a serviceable QB, better online, one of the best run games, and a SB defense. Only thing in the way would be nagy


Minshew is not serviceable. Overall plan is decent. Still need to get rid of certain guys like Eddie Jackson, Trevathan and Quinn. Good luck.

I'd sign Winston as your bridge QB, especially if you keep Pace. OLine definitely needs to be rebuilt.

Why isn't Minshew serviceable? and Why do we need to get rid of Jackson'? An all pro. And no big deal if we dont get rid of Quinn becuase we'd save a little more than 1mil. Don't need to get rid of Trevathan if we can restructure him and our DC doesn't have him cover speed WRs.

there's no argument to be made that minshew is markedly better than foles. why trade assets for a minor upgrade at best?
please be upstanding for the mayor of simpleton
User avatar
Susan
RealGM
Posts: 18,463
And1: 5,323
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: jackfinn & Scott May appreciation society
     

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#916 » by Susan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:35 am

dice wrote:
fleet wrote:Guess we have the 20th pick. Wonder if Mac Jones would get there.

watch the bears miss out on a franchise QB because the NFL decided to expand the playoffs this season, costing them a few draft slots


Trade up! ;)

Devanta Smith is a monster. Think he broke his finger pretty bad.
I made a drink company. www.wearebesteas.com - trying to push unsweetened drinks forward and make them accessible and affordable for everyone.
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,852
And1: 556
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#917 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:36 am

dice wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:
Minshew is not serviceable. Overall plan is decent. Still need to get rid of certain guys like Eddie Jackson, Trevathan and Quinn. Good luck.

I'd sign Winston as your bridge QB, especially if you keep Pace. OLine definitely needs to be rebuilt.

Why isn't Minshew serviceable? and Why do we need to get rid of Jackson'? An all pro. And no big deal if we dont get rid of Quinn becuase we'd save a little more than 1mil. Don't need to get rid of Trevathan if we can restructure him and our DC doesn't have him cover speed WRs.

there's no argument to be made that minshew is markedly better than foles. why trade assets for a minor upgrade at best?

I guess we just disagree on how good Minshew is. I don't think its a minor upgrade. He's played well for a trash Jags team. Foles isn't even in the conversation. He'd be a better version of Mitch and by that, I mean more accurate passer and better decision-maker. He won't be an All-pro talent but he won't be bad either. And I would consider Minshew a more valuable asset than either of Miller or Quinn. Idk why people are reluctant to trade for a starting-caliber QB making 800k and the most we'd have to give up is, what, a 5th rounder? Its a no-brainer to me.
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,852
And1: 556
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#918 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:40 am

Best case scenario, he's Alex Smith. Worst case scenario, he's a cheaper version of Mitch. Most likely scenario, he's somewhere in the middle.

Either way, we're better off because of the money we'd say having him on his rookie deal and using that money to fill out the offense.
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,852
And1: 556
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#919 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:42 am

Minshew does have an issue with fumbling but a lot of that has to do with being behind one of the worse olines since he was drafted.
dice
RealGM
Posts: 37,525
And1: 10,191
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Bears 2019/20; George McCaskey is on the clock 

Post#920 » by dice » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:11 am

patryk7754 wrote:
dice wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Why isn't Minshew serviceable? and Why do we need to get rid of Jackson'? An all pro. And no big deal if we dont get rid of Quinn becuase we'd save a little more than 1mil. Don't need to get rid of Trevathan if we can restructure him and our DC doesn't have him cover speed WRs.

there's no argument to be made that minshew is markedly better than foles. why trade assets for a minor upgrade at best?

I guess we just disagree on how good Minshew is. I don't think its a minor upgrade. He's played well for a trash Jags team. Foles isn't even in the conversation. He'd be a better version of Mitch and by that, I mean more accurate passer and better decision-maker. He won't be an All-pro talent but he won't be bad either. And I would consider Minshew a more valuable asset than either of Miller or Quinn. Idk why people are reluctant to trade for a starting-caliber QB making 800k and the most we'd have to give up is, what, a 5th rounder? Its a no-brainer to me.

OK, so then if minshew is a significant upgrade, then why is his dirt cheap contract only gonna fetch a 5th rounder? foles lost his job to minshew, makes more money and got a 4th rounder
please be upstanding for the mayor of simpleton

Return to Chicago Bulls