Image ImageImage Image

Way too early NBA draft thread 2021

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

If we manage to get 3rd pick who do you draft?

Evan Mobley
14%
Jalen Suggs
61%
Terrence Clarke
1%
Jonathan Kuminga
6%
Ziaire Williams
1%
Usman Guruba
1%
Jalen Johnson
1%
Terrence Clarke
No votes
BJ Boston
2%
None of the Above
12%

Total votes: 146

CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Re: Way too early NBA draft thread 2021 

Post#181 » by CoreyVillains » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:33 pm

Just put together a kind of get to know this prospect kind of video for Cam Thomas who is a prospect who isnt getting much buzz yet but will be in the future. Dude is a ridiculously talented scorer from pretty much everywhere. Takes too many step back threes (but gets to them with ease) and doesnt care much for passing, but still you'll start to see his name in the late lottery soon.

Some other scouting videos for the 2021 class:

Plus an in depth Suggs write up with video: https://www.patreon.com/posts/meeting-jalen-45032788
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#182 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:12 pm

Ayo from Illinois is worth late first or early second. He gives me Jrue Holiday vibes.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#183 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jan 9, 2021 12:01 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I love Suggs. He does soooo many things at an elite level. But I do think if you're talking ultimate ceiling, he's just a bit limited in the half court offensively compared to someone like Cunningham who you can run everything through.

Suggs is elite and a clear top 3 pick, also an exceptional compliment to a scoring 2, but he's not my #1. Cade is.

That said, if we end up with any of the top 3 guys we're laughing. At this rate I don't think we'll be bad enough to have a good chance at them.

You don’t need to be completely awful now just lucky.

Yeah, that is true more often than previous years, but it's still true that you're less likely to be picking outside the top 3 than in it. I really hope we get a top 3 pick but I like to prepare as if we're not.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#184 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:41 am

We need to trade Zach for future first. He can score 40 but he will recieve 30-35 at any given night, and turnover ball 6 times per game and blew up close game at the end. I hope some mid contender will bite and give us one or two picks and young player/s. With Zach as your franchise player you are deemed to pick number 7 every year. Not remotely close to playoff, not bad enough to be among three worst teams. We are stuck in Nba hell. Clean house and give Ak as many shots in draft, both rounds.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#185 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:44 am

If we add extra late first Ayo Dosumnu,Ron Harper Jr., Scottie Lewis,Jared Butler players to keep an eye.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#186 » by gobullschi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:51 am

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:We need to trade Zach for future first. He can score 40 but he will recieve 30-35 at any given night, and turnover ball 6 times per game and blew up close game at the end. I hope some mid contender will bite and give us one or two picks and young player/s. With Zach as your franchise player you are deemed to pick number 7 every year. Not remotely close to playoff, not bad enough to be among three worst teams. We are stuck in Nba hell. Clean house and give Ak as many shots in draft, both rounds.

He literally just played 38 minutes and didn’t commit one turnover with 6 assists.

Relax. The Bulls are missing half the team right now.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#187 » by Butler4thewin » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:21 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I love Suggs. He does soooo many things at an elite level. But I do think if you're talking ultimate ceiling, he's just a bit limited in the half court offensively compared to someone like Cunningham who you can run everything through.

Suggs is elite and a clear top 3 pick, also an exceptional compliment to a scoring 2, but he's not my #1. Cade is.

That said, if we end up with any of the top 3 guys we're laughing. At this rate I don't think we'll be bad enough to have a good chance at them.

You don’t need to be completely awful now just lucky.

Yeah, that is true more often than previous years, but it's still true that you're less likely to be picking outside the top 3 than in it. I really hope we get a top 3 pick but I like to prepare as if we're not.

i like suggs alot watching him made me go back and watch rose highlights ended making me so pissed off .....ive watched green and i swear he reminds me of how kobe moved in some instances but i have no idea where he will fall
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#188 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:31 am

C and PG are our needs. We are set at SF and SG.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#189 » by VolumePoster » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:00 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:C and PG are our needs. We are set at SF and SG.

I’m not sure of that yet. Specifically with respect to wings. Stacking switchable, two way players that can defend multiple positions appears to be the way the league is trending, and I don’t think we have any real viable wings outside of Patrick moving forward. Chandler hasn’t shown he can stay healthy, or produce consistently, Porter will be moving on, and what do we really have beyond that?

Secondly, I’m not sold on center being a position of need. Specifically, veteran banger types Are usually available for a song, and those players are limited in defending the perimeter. At the same time, the increased usage on the perimeter has decreased the value of rim protection and altered the distribution of rebounds away from the interior. I also want to see Lauri at center. He doesn’t block shots but he moves his feet very well for his size. It will be interesting to quantify exactly what impact Wendell has made defensively this year. I suspect very little.

With respect to point guard, absolutely. I’m a huge fan of Coby, and I think he’s doing an admirable job in adjusting his game and growing, but give me Cade Cunningham or Suggs all day. Coby might evolve into a good point guard, but he could be an absolutely deadly scorer off the bench, and improving our point of attack defense should be our top priority.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 646

Post#190 » by Rose2Boozer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:50 am

Did someone else just add their name to the lottery discussion?

Sharife Cooper
ROLES & HOLES
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#191 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:57 am

gobullschi wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:We need to trade Zach for future first. He can score 40 but he will recieve 30-35 at any given night, and turnover ball 6 times per game and blew up close game at the end. I hope some mid contender will bite and give us one or two picks and young player/s. With Zach as your franchise player you are deemed to pick number 7 every year. Not remotely close to playoff, not bad enough to be among three worst teams. We are stuck in Nba hell. Clean house and give Ak as many shots in draft, both rounds.

He literally just played 38 minutes and didn’t commit one turnover with 6 assists.

missing half team has nothing to do with missing game winning shots 4 times in a row with airballs.
Do you trust a guy making airballs with 5 secs left or the best draft prospects in a decade?? Lavine can avg triple doubles like westbrick but will always come with a big fat L. I bet these one and done kids are more clutch i swear.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#192 » by gobullschi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:36 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

missing half team has nothing to do with missing game winning shots 4 times in a row with airballs.
Do you trust a guy making airballs with 5 secs left or the best draft prospects in a decade?? Lavine can avg triple doubles like westbrick but will always come with a big fat L. I bet these one and done kids are more clutch i swear.

The Chicago Bulls average age is 25.80 years old. The most recent ‘young team’ to win a Championship was in 2014-2015 when the Golden State Warriors won with an average age of 26.393. The next team that won an NBA Championship with a roster as young as the Bulls was in 1976.

The problem isn’t Zach LaVine. The problem is that the rest of the team is in the beginning their NBA careers and it’s going to take some time. Coby White can’t even legally drink alcohol. Just be patient and enjoy watching Billy Donovan mood these guys into legit NBA players.

Besides.... who did you want to shoot the game winning shot?
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#193 » by StunnerKO » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#194 » by VolumePoster » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:05 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Superb quickness, handle, and a nice shot to boot. He certainly has my intention. But that young man is not 6'1!
Rose2Boozer
Starter

Post#195 » by Rose2Boozer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:49 am

The Bulls need a legit number one or number two scoring option.
ROLES & HOLES
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#196 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:18 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:

We do, but I’m not set on the idea that player will come from the draft.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#197 » by TheFinishSniper » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:03 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:

No we need legit playmaker and ball handler for several years now. There are enough players on this team who can score basketball and most of them are better as catch and shoot. We have no one to run a team and make plays without making bad plays which leads to turnovers. Regardless is this person a big man or wing hybrid or a guard. I am talking about elite ball handler who is multidimensional. One night capable scoring 40 if needed and next night have 15 assists. Most of nights be capable of triple double, basicially a guy who is taking what defense is giving him. I am not talking about Bron level player but there are enough guys in league capable doing that. Simmons, Trae, Doncic, Morant, Zion etc.
netduri2
Sophomore
And1: 145

Post#198 » by netduri2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:11 pm

We are not set at SF and if best prospect among those left is SG (Jalen Green or Keon Johnson) we must draft him. We have little two-way players. Those SG prospects I mentioned have legit potential to be great on both ends.

AKME selected PatWill while the Bulls desperately need a lead-ballhandler few months ago. If you think AKME won’t do the same thing at the next draft night you really don’t know how our FO’s thinking process works. They’ll always select BPA without any hesitation if they don’t have a legit star player who can lead his own team to high stage like the Conference Finals or NBA Finals.

And Otto is going to be UFA and considering poor pool of 2021 FA class there must be teams that are going to overpay for him. You’re quite delusional if you think Otto will stay with team-friendly deal next year. OFC he is injury-prone every teams know that. Though desperate teams will always overpay for players like Otto.
Rose2Boozer
Starter

Post#199 » by Rose2Boozer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:39 pm

Two games in and I'm already convinced he's the next Chris Paul.

ROLES & HOLES
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Post#200 » by JohnnyTapwater » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:38 pm

Sharife Cooper is a great fit. I love his game.

Return to Chicago Bulls