Image ImageImage Image

Way too early NBA draft thread 2021

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

If we manage to get 3rd pick who do you draft?

Evan Mobley
14%
Jalen Suggs
61%
Terrence Clarke
1%
Jonathan Kuminga
6%
Ziaire Williams
1%
Usman Guruba
1%
Jalen Johnson
1%
Terrence Clarke
No votes
BJ Boston
2%
None of the Above
12%

Total votes: 146

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Re: Way too early NBA draft thread 2021 

Post#1001 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:09 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:Yeah I’m gonna need that Suggs.

He’s an amalgamation of everything we’re missing.

Yup. A winner.

All of our young and key players come from winners.

Zach - UCLA
Markkanen - Arizona
Coby - North Carolina
Patrick Williams - surprisingly strong Florida State program
Wendell Carter - Duke

I definitely believe Suggs can be a franchise changer and would be my pick if the Bulls got #1, but he plays at top basketball program too. It’s not like he made Gonzaga relevant, but he may finally get them get over the hump to win a championship.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,493

Post#1002 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:56 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:Yeah I’m gonna need that Suggs.

He’s an amalgamation of everything we’re missing.

Yup. A winner.

All of our young and key players come from winners.

Zach - UCLA
Markkanen - Arizona
Coby - North Carolina
Patrick Williams - surprisingly strong Florida State program
Wendell Carter - Duke

I definitely believe Suggs can be a franchise changer and would be my pick if the Bulls got #1, but he plays at top basketball program too. It’s not like he made Gonzaga relevant, but he may finally get them get over the hump to win a championship.

I don’t think he means that Suggs comes from a winning program but rather that he makes winning plays and has good intangibles.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#1003 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:40 pm

Man I wish we tanked. I feel like you could have probably made a similar deal for Vuc in the summer after making your top pick.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,011

Post#1004 » by Am2626 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:11 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Man I wish we tanked. I feel like you could have probably made a similar deal for Vuc in the summer after making your top pick.

With the new draft odds tanking isn’t necessary. The Bulls as of now sit in a great spot to land a top 4 pick. As bad as this losing may feel to some Bulls fans can you imagine adding someone like Suggs to this Bulls team? He is literally the missing piece along with a good Vet Point guard free agent signing over the summer.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1005 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:21 pm

Am2626 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Man I wish we tanked. I feel like you could have probably made a similar deal for Vuc in the summer after making your top pick.

With the new draft odds tanking isn’t necessary. The Bulls as of now sit in a great spot to land a top 4 pick. As bad as this losing may feel to some Bulls fans can you imagine adding someone like Suggs to this Bulls team? He is literally the missing piece along with a good Vet Point guard free agent signing over the summer.

You don't need to tank and have the worst record anymore with the new odds.

But you double your top 4 odds when comparing 8th to 3rd odds (nearly double with 4th odds).

That's a significant swing.

And we'll probably stabilize and end up with like 12th odds or something.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#1006 » by Am2626 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:33 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

But you double your top 4 odds when comparing 8th to 3rd odds (nearly double with 4th odds).

Looking at the last few drafts after the lottery odds have changed at least 2 teams every year have moved up into the top 4. The first year it was 3 teams moving up. Conversely many teams with a bottom 4 record have fallen out of the top 4. Last year the Bulls had the 7th worst record and moved up to 4. The year before was the exact opposite where they were 4 and moved down to 7. Where the Bulls currently are at is really the sweet spot. Someone in this range has moved up in every draft. The Pelicans at 7 going up to 1 and taking Zion comes to mind as does Charlotte last year going from 8 to 3 and taking LaMelo Ball. Interested to see how this all plays out.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1007 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:40 pm

Am2626 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

Looking at the last few drafts after the lottery odds have changed at least 2 teams every year have moved up into the top 4. The first year it was 3 teams moving up. Conversely many teams with a bottom 4 record have fallen out of the top 4. Last year the Bulls had the 7th worst record and moved up to 4. The year before was the exact opposite where they were 4 and moved down to 7. Where the Bulls currently are at is really the sweet spot. Someone in this range has moved up in every draft. The Pelicans at 7 going up to 1 and taking Zion comes to mind as does Charlotte last year going from 8 to 3 and taking LaMelo Ball. Interested to see how this all plays out.

blah blah blah.

The odds are published and known.

You double your top 4 odds when comparing 8th to 3rd odds (nearly double with 4th odds).
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#1008 » by DuckIII » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:14 pm

Given that Orlando traded everyone and that, at minimum, Boston had a competing offer, that’s a stretch. Regardless, you know I’m in the skeptic boat with you on this trade, and have been since the minute it was announced.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1009 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:19 pm

DuckIII wrote:

Given that Orlando traded everyone and that, at minimum, Boston had a competing offer, that’s a stretch. Regardless, you know I’m in the skeptic boat with you on this trade, and have been since the minute it was announced.

What does Boston even have to offer?

Nesmith?

And if not for Vuc, I think you can get a comparable player to Vuc for a similar package quite often (like a Sabonis).
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#1010 » by BigUps » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:58 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:That was the best Final Four game I've ever seen in over 40 years of watching. UCLA came so close to pulling off a Buster Douglas magnitude upset. The defense played in that game and the intensity makes it hard to watch the NBA again.

If the NBA wasn’t reffed so tight you’d get more games like that. The ticky-tack calls in the NBA ruin the flow and overall enjoyment of watching games for many of my friends.

There’s also no way to replicate a one and done game in a series format. I’ve argued this for many years. The NBA should get rid of series and just go one and done if they want to increase the drama.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1011 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:06 pm

Yeah, Suggs is **** awesome

Read on Twitter

@Mike_Schmitz: The game-winner was an iconic, legendary shot from Jalen Suggs, but it was this stretch that caught my eye most from an evaluation standpoint. https://t.co/PsWDsFdsgY
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
drosEshe
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#1012 » by drosEshe » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:45 pm

Josh Giddey looks interesting! 6’8” with point guard skills..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 586

Post#1013 » by Almost Retired » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:23 pm

Prior to the tournament Johnny Juzang wasn't on any of the 2021 Mock Draft lists, not even into the Second Round. I suspect his tournament run elevated him into the Lottery. Impressive shooter with great potential.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#1014 » by Am2626 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:44 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:Yeah, Suggs is **** awesome

Read on Twitter

@Mike_Schmitz: The game-winner was an iconic, legendary shot from Jalen Suggs, but it was this stretch that caught my eye most from an evaluation standpoint. https://t.co/PsWDsFdsgY

Everyone should be praying and hoping that Suggs will be in a Bulls uniform next year. He is the point guard that this team doesn’t have and his playmaking ability will maximize the value of everyone else on this team. He is also a lock down defender with elite athleticism. A starting background of Suggs and LaVine would be electric.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,424

Post#1015 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:27 pm

Suggs has been my guy all year. Obviously I would love him on the Bulls. If there was some draft magic and we got him it would amazing. That being said and if that did happen something awful would happen like J Will or D Rose, Christ I have PTSD from the past 20+ years of fandom. Granted my early years more than offset what has happened since then
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#1016 » by BigUps » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:26 am

Really excited to see Mitchell vs Suggs tonight. Big fan of both of them.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1017 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:39 am

I do like Giddey for us if we trade back into the 1st. He fits well.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#1018 » by madvillian » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:49 am

Almost Retired wrote:Prior to the tournament Johnny Juzang wasn't on any of the 2021 Mock Draft lists, not even into the Second Round. I suspect his tournament run elevated him into the Lottery. Impressive shooter with great potential.

I don't know about lottery but 1st round no doubt. An impressive shot maker more than anything else. Might have some issues against NBA level athletes but certainly doesn't lack confidence.

I thought Franz Wagner's stock fell quite a bit in that game FWIW.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,493

Post#1019 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:42 am

What they’re doing to the Timme boy... hard to watch.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#1020 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:47 am

This one is over.. Baylor got this.
The Cult of Personality

Return to Chicago Bulls