Image ImageImage Image

Way too early NBA draft thread 2021

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

If we manage to get 3rd pick who do you draft?

Evan Mobley
14%
Jalen Suggs
61%
Terrence Clarke
1%
Jonathan Kuminga
6%
Ziaire Williams
1%
Usman Guruba
1%
Jalen Johnson
1%
Terrence Clarke
No votes
BJ Boston
2%
None of the Above
12%

Total votes: 146

Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Re: Way too early NBA draft thread 2021 

Post#1081 » by Cabbage bulls » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:05 am

Man, not having the pick blows. I want them to finish with the highest seeding possible. Odds are highly against getting a top 4 pick. Giving up a top 8~ pick would sting.

I'm sure we'll end up getting the 5th pick. Smh
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#1082 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:42 am

I'd still rather have Vuc than any prospect outside of the top 5.

Kispert/Moody/Johnson/Barnes/Wagner isn't helping this team. Just adding more role players to the roster. One of Cade/Mobley/Suggs is what we need.

Since the new lottery odds in 2019, teams that were #7 and #8 in jumped into the top 4.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#1083 » by BullChit » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:48 am

At this point we should see if we can bend some rules and get Paige Bueckers
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1084 » by sco » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:03 pm

I'm still rooting for us to get Livers. His foot injury may give us a Levert type opportunity. A true 3-D forward who might be a super pairing with PWill.
:clap:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#1085 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:37 pm

Cabbage bulls wrote:Man, not having the pick blows. I want them to finish with the highest seeding possible. Odds are highly against getting a top 4 pick. Giving up a top 8~ pick would sting.

Honestly I am not super excited about anyone at 5 right now. Never know in the draft but this is super top heavy. Liklihood of getting 5 is pretty small...

What wold be pretty crazy is if the Bulls jump up and get in the top 4 and at the same time bump Orlando out of the top 4... Magic brass would be furious!!! Once again though that's not going to happen.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#1086 » by Am2626 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:31 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Cabbage bulls wrote:Man, not having the pick blows. I want them to finish with the highest seeding possible. Odds are highly against getting a top 4 pick. Giving up a top 8~ pick would sting.

Honestly I am not super excited about anyone at 5 right now. Never know in the draft but this is super top heavy. Liklihood of getting 5 is pretty small...

What wold be pretty crazy is if the Bulls jump up and get in the top 4 and at the same time bump Orlando out of the top 4... Magic brass would be furious!!! Once again though that's not going to happen.

I take it you aren’t all that high on Kuminga? In my opinion he belongs in the first tier with the other top prospects. By the way there is pretty much no chance the Bulls land at 5. Either a top 4 pick or somewhere in the 7-12 range or they get into the playoffs which would take them to 15.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,369

Post#1087 » by Muzbar » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:52 am

We can only get the 5th pick if we somehow out-tank Cleveland and OKC and not move up in the lottery.

You can only move into top 4 via the lottery.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#1088 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:43 pm

Am2626 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

I take it you aren’t all that high on Kuminga? In my opinion he belongs in the first tier with the other top prospects. By the way there is pretty much no chance the Bulls land at 5. Either a top 4 pick or somewhere in the 7-12 range or they get into the playoffs which would take them to 15.

Right or wrong I got it like this

Suggs
Mobley
Cade

Green

Kuminga
Am2626
Analyst

Post#1089 » by Am2626 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:48 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Right or wrong I got it like this

Suggs
Mobley
Cade

Green

Kuminga

It’s interesting that the 2 guys that you have listed last both took the G League Route instead of going to college. I believe after high school Green was ranked 1 or 2. It makes you wonder if the G League has value or not to a high level prospect. In Green’s case it seems like it’s affected his draft stock negatively. I personally do not care much for the G League and college will always provide the bigger and better platform and stage. Suggs game winning shot was iconic and both he and Mobley were able to announce their NBA entry showing a lot of marketability. It doesn’t seem like the G League really did a lot from a developmental perspective and it was so short and isolated. Hoping that these college kids can start making money off their name soon while in college and amateurism is a thing of the past.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,297

Post#1090 » by Leslie Forman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:05 pm

Am2626 wrote:It makes you wonder if the G League has value or not to a high level prospect. In Green’s case it seems like it’s affected his draft stock negatively. I personally do not care much for the G League and college will always provide the bigger and better platform and stage.

Don't be surprised at all if Green (and maybe even Kuminga) ends up jumping the college guys.

We're just a bunch of schmucks on the internet, NBA front offices are not going to care about the size of the platform. We're talking about people who have picked random malnourished children from the Greek Second Division in the teens.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1091 » by StunnerKO » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:09 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,370

Post#1092 » by The Box Office » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:53 am

College is a bigger and better platform? Tell that to LaMelo Ball and Luka Doncic. College being a bigger platform doesn't matter. It's about the level of competition.

In my humble opinion, Jalen Green is the best prospect right now. Not Cade. I been writing this for a while. Here is my new Top 10:

Honorable mention: Corey Kispert, Ayo Dosunmu, Ziaire Williams, Jalen Johnson, Alperen Segun
10. Moses Moody
9. Jonathan Kuminga
8. Jaden Springer
7. Franz Wagner
6. Davion Mitchell
5. Scottie Barnes
4. Cade Cunningham
3. Evan Mobley
2. Jalen Suggs
1. Jalen Green

I soured on Kuminga. He didn't wow me to remain a Top 5 prospect.
- Sure, he can rebound. Cool. He's still bad defensively though.
- He's a bad free throw shooter at about 63%.
- Also, bad 3PT shooter at about 25%.
- Hell, he's just a bad shooter that needs tons of work in that department.
- I like that he has a post up game.
- He makes simple reads to get his assists. That's fine with me.
- At times, he becomes a ball hog and will shoot his way out of a bad game.
- The guys above Kuminga are all capable 2 way players. He's not that type of player right now.

Scottie Barnes is dope. He's the other big sized 6-9 point guard besides Cade.
- Superb perimeter defender
- Great passer
- Horrible jump shot
- Good handles
- Good athleticism. Will dunk on a lot of people.
- Freakish motor. Relentless.
If only Scottie Barnes had a good jump shot currently then he would have been number 2 on my list knocking out Suggs.

Davion Mitchell shot up into my Top 10 to number 6. Cool point guard to have. Another great defensive player who can facilitate. If he was 6-6 with long wing span, Davion is in my Top 3.

To further support my case for Jalen Green's number one and best prospect status, I humbly mention that the former basketball card behemoth, Upper Deck, signed him to an exclusive deal before his G-League season started. I say "Former" because Upper Deck has not been producing NBA licensed cards. Because they can't. Panini took over licensing and kicked them out.

Upper Deck didn't sign Cade, Mobley, or Suggs. They put their resources towards Jalen Green. What does that say? To me, this is a big f'ckin deal. For Upper Deck to do this, it's a special moment. UD believes in him.

Upper Deck signed LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Ben Simmons, Allen Iverson, Anthony Davis, and Michael Jordan. Jalen Green will probably be the face for Upper Deck after LeBron retires. If Chicago Bulls got number one, Jalen Green is the pick.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1093 » by Almost Retired » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:32 pm

The Box Office wrote:College is a bigger and better platform? Tell that to LaMelo Ball and Luka Doncic. College being a bigger platform doesn't matter. It's about the level of competition.

In my humble opinion, Jalen Green is the best prospect right now. Not Cade. I been writing this for a while. Here is my new Top 10:

Honorable mention: Corey Kispert, Ayo Dosunmu, Ziaire Williams, Jalen Johnson, Alperen Segun
10. Moses Moody
9. Jonathan Kuminga
8. Jaden Springer
7. Franz Wagner
6. Davion Mitchell
5. Scottie Barnes
4. Cade Cunningham
3. Evan Mobley
2. Jalen Suggs
1. Jalen Green

- The guys above Kuminga are all capable 2 way players. He's not that type of player right now.

- Great passer
- Horrible jump shot
- Good handles
If only Scottie Barnes had a good jump shot currently then he would have been number 2 on my list knocking out Suggs.

[b]Davion Mitchell
shot up into my Top 10 to number 6. Cool point guard to have. Another great defensive player who can facilitate. If he was 6-6 with long wing span, Davion is in my Top 3.[/b]

To further support my case for Jalen Green's number one and best prospect status, I humbly mention that the former basketball card behemoth, Upper Deck, signed him to an exclusive deal before his G-League season started. I say "Former" because Upper Deck has not been producing NBA licensed cards. Because they can't. Panini took over licensing and kicked them out.

Upper Deck didn't sign Cade, Mobley, or Suggs. They put their resources towards Jalen Green. What does that say? To me, this is a big f'ckin deal. For Upper Deck to do this, it's a special moment. UD believes in him.

Upper Deck signed LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Ben Simmons, Allen Iverson, Anthony Davis, and Michael Jordan. Jalen Green will probably be the face for Upper Deck after LeBron retires. If Chicago Bulls got number one, Jalen Green is the pick.

Davion Mitchell is EXACTLY the player the Bulls need at PG. I don't care if he's 6'2". He plays bigger. He adds so much of what we lack. Elite on-ball defense. High BBIQ with his weak side off-ball defense. An explosive first step. A decent handle. Linebacker strength to finish after contact. A reliable enough shooter. And most important he protects the ball. His assist to turnover ratio is really good. He has more physical gift than Jalen Brunson and Brunson is starting to put up really good numbers. He was strong this year but lately he's turned it up a notch, recently averaging 17 points, 4 assists, with 61% shooting overall and 47% from "3". According to Stathead Brunson in on track to become the first player 6-1" or less to shoot over 60% from two point range in 44 years. Now Mitchell is more physically gifted than Brunson. Stronger. Faster, a better defender. So i would not avoid drafting Mitchell at his height. For our needs outside of Suggs and Cade he'd be my #3 pick.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#1094 » by Am2626 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:17 pm

The Box Office wrote:College is a bigger and better platform? Tell that to [b]LaMelo Ball and Luka Doncic. College being a bigger platform doesn't matter. It's about the level of competition.[/b]

10. Moses Moody
9. Jonathan Kuminga
8. Jaden Springer
7. Franz Wagner
6. Davion Mitchell
5. Scottie Barnes
4. Cade Cunningham
3. Evan Mobley
2. Jalen Suggs
1. Jalen Green

- Great passer
- Horrible jump shot
- Good handles

Davion Mitchell shot up into my Top 10 to number 6. Cool point guard to have. Another great defensive player who can facilitate. If he was 6-6 with long wing span, Davion is in my Top 3.

You picked the 2 most successful guys in the last 10 years that didn’t go to college. What did the overseas route do for RJ Hampton or Terrance Ferguson? How about Brandon Jennings who was the number 1 high school player in his class and fell all the way down to 10.

The reality is LaMelo Ball would have been as successful had he gone to college. For some guys it doesn’t matter. Regarding the college stage Zion made a name for himself at Duke. His marketability sky rocketed. He doesn’t get that opportunity in the G League or Overseas.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,725

Post#1095 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:26 pm

lmao UPPER DECK
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,297

Post#1096 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:35 pm

Am2626 wrote:You picked the 2 most successful guys in the last 10 years that didn’t go to college. What did the overseas route do for RJ Hampton or Terrance Ferguson? How about Brandon Jennings who was the number 1 high school player in his class and fell all the way down to 10.

I'm not really sure this means what you think it means when Stephen Curry only went three spots above him in the same draft. Better PGs like Holiday, Lawson, and Teague all went well after him. Holiday in particular was actually expected to go much higher.

If anything you could argue that playing overseas ended up helping his draft stock because some of his issues could just be chalked up to the higher level of competition and tougher playing time situation he was up against. He likely would have just been a high volume, low efficiency scoring guard in college, and combined with his size and so-so PG skills he easily could have ended up tumbling way more in his draft, which was filled with tons of good guard prospects.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. NBA scouts are not gonna give a crap. They know the level of play in the NCAA is very low. What you show on tape and in workouts is what really matters. They don't care if you do it for Kansas or Olympiakos.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,374

Post#1097 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:00 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I can dig it.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#1098 » by rtblues » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:10 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Maybe start talking about the 2nd round...
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#1099 » by MrSparkle » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Green actually does look like the most electric player in the draft imo. He seems like Haliburton with elite athleticism.

Cade is definitely the most all-around, skilled. I mean, he could go the way of Evan Turner, but it just seems like he’s a no-brainer in the mold of Harden and Luka.

Kuminga looks like a strong prospect. Not sure that shot will get repaired. But he does have handles, finishes in and around paint, smart passer and length/athleticism for days. Would be a cool project alongside Pat.

My 3 guys. Yes - I’m lotto hoping.
HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#1100 » by HOTCARL_o » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 am

I like this new lottery system, we still have a good Chance to jump. It would be great to see us jump the magic and kick them out the top 4 lol

Return to Chicago Bulls