Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

cjbulls
Analyst
Posts: 3,471
And1: 1,242
Joined: Jun 26, 2018

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#721 » by cjbulls » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:30 am

Clocian wrote:Browsing the knicks board as they get whooped by the short handed nets. They want to trade their terrible players like RJ for zach lol.


As someone who is not much of a fan of RJ, he is probably on the better end of what you could get for Zach.

We are quickly running out of contending teams that have quality assets to trade back. Guys like RJ and MPJ are probably the best you can hope for on the high-ceiling end. And realistically, their ceilings are a guy like Zach.

I want to keep Zach, just commenting on the best scenarios out there for him.
User avatar
Southpaw
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,796
And1: 682
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
 

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#722 » by Southpaw » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:God damn, we could trade for Jarrett Allen! That would be easily duable!!! Come on AK, Allen is much better center than WCJ.

I too would've liked to see Allen on the Bulls but he'll be an RFA this year along with Markannen.
cjbulls
Analyst
Posts: 3,471
And1: 1,242
Joined: Jun 26, 2018

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#723 » by cjbulls » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:36 am

Southpaw wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:God damn, we could trade for Jarrett Allen! That would be easily duable!!! Come on AK, Allen is much better center than WCJ.

I too would've liked to see Allen on the Bulls but he'll be an RFA this year along with Markannen.


Don't see the Cavs not matching an offer though. This just confirms they aren't planning to re-sign Drummond.
User avatar
Southpaw
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,796
And1: 682
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
 

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#724 » by Southpaw » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:46 am

cjbulls wrote:
Southpaw wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:God damn, we could trade for Jarrett Allen! That would be easily duable!!! Come on AK, Allen is much better center than WCJ.

I too would've liked to see Allen on the Bulls but he'll be an RFA this year along with Markannen.


Don't see the Cavs not matching an offer though. This just confirms they aren't planning to re-sign Drummond.

Agreed, they traded for him as a cheaper Drummond replacement. He fits well with SexLand age wise too.
Indomitable
RealGM
Posts: 22,347
And1: 4,920
Joined: Jul 11, 2001
Location: Yelzenbah!
     

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#725 » by Indomitable » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 am

WYO wrote:Didn't Kyrie cry about being Robin to LeBron's batman? How is he going to feel now that he is Alfred?

He decide it is easier to be a max Alfred.
:banghead:
User avatar
Ccwatercraft
Analyst
Posts: 3,475
And1: 1,459
Joined: Jul 11, 2017
       

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#726 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:19 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
Read on Twitter


This trade is insane. :o


It really is a big wow.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,709
And1: 2,776
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#727 » by ZOMG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:51 am

Leslie Forman wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:I think this is the beginning of the Rockets basically turning into another Kings/Wolves. A terrible owner who's both cheap and a meddler.


Depends on what they do with Dipo.

Wall playing (and shooting) pretty well, Exum behind him,

Dipo, backed up by Gordon and McLemore

The rockets current cast of rotation 3s,

Tucker, Wood, Cousins...

Not so terrible this season and between Dipoif resigned, Wood, picks, and any value they can get for Wall....

Wall really hasn't been good. People got excited because of the first game, but he has fallen off quite a bit. Oladipo has never been anything special except for one season. Cousins is completely washed. PJ Tucker is 35 and basically just power forward Bogans at this point.

And now they don't have D'Antoni either, who was absolutely maximizing the talent on that team with how they played, no matter what you might think about the aesthetics of it.

Christian Wood might legitimately be their best player. And that's a very, very bad thing.

People are pissed off at what Harden said, but he was absolutely right. That roster's outlook is horrible. Playing together more was not gonna make things better, it was just gonna be a bunch of old guys getting more tired.


F**k Harden. He MADE that roster.

Is it humanly possible to get any more unlikeable than this guy?
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
Jeffster81
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,098
And1: 1,181
Joined: May 24, 2007
Location: Bazinga
       

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#728 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:30 am

cjbulls wrote:
Clocian wrote:Browsing the knicks board as they get whooped by the short handed nets. They want to trade their terrible players like RJ for zach lol.


As someone who is not much of a fan of RJ, he is probably on the better end of what you could get for Zach.

We are quickly running out of contending teams that have quality assets to trade back. Guys like RJ and MPJ are probably the best you can hope for on the high-ceiling end. And realistically, their ceilings are a guy like Zach.

I want to keep Zach, just commenting on the best scenarios out there for him.


If RJ is the best you can hope for in a trade for Zach.............THEN YOU BETTER KEEP ZACH. Let the Knicks wallow in their own shytty roster, no need to help them out.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jeffster81
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,098
And1: 1,181
Joined: May 24, 2007
Location: Bazinga
       

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#729 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:31 am

ZOMG wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Depends on what they do with Dipo.

Wall playing (and shooting) pretty well, Exum behind him,

Dipo, backed up by Gordon and McLemore

The rockets current cast of rotation 3s,

Tucker, Wood, Cousins...

Not so terrible this season and between Dipoif resigned, Wood, picks, and any value they can get for Wall....

Wall really hasn't been good. People got excited because of the first game, but he has fallen off quite a bit. Oladipo has never been anything special except for one season. Cousins is completely washed. PJ Tucker is 35 and basically just power forward Bogans at this point.

And now they don't have D'Antoni either, who was absolutely maximizing the talent on that team with how they played, no matter what you might think about the aesthetics of it.

Christian Wood might legitimately be their best player. And that's a very, very bad thing.

People are pissed off at what Harden said, but he was absolutely right. That roster's outlook is horrible. Playing together more was not gonna make things better, it was just gonna be a bunch of old guys getting more tired.


F**k Harden. He MADE that roster.

Is it humanly possible to get any more unlikeable than this guy?


Yep. Harden gets no sympathy. I hope he goes his whole career without ever having a chance to play for the title, much less win one.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,876
And1: 18,020
Joined: Aug 17, 2009
 

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#730 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:35 am

cjbulls wrote:
Clocian wrote:Browsing the knicks board as they get whooped by the short handed nets. They want to trade their terrible players like RJ for zach lol.


As someone who is not much of a fan of RJ, he is probably on the better end of what you could get for Zach.

We are quickly running out of contending teams that have quality assets to trade back. Guys like RJ and MPJ are probably the best you can hope for on the high-ceiling end. And realistically, their ceilings are a guy like Zach.

I want to keep Zach, just commenting on the best scenarios out there for him.


Yeah, I agree. Zach's value isn't Bradley Beal, so he's not going to fetch you 4 first-round picks right now. It's hard finding players as good as Zach LaVine, so let's keep him and try to build with him.

That said, if he keeps hovering around 30 ppg and we play respectable ball, then maybe he will fetch you a slew of picks.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
MisterRoy
Starter
Posts: 2,209
And1: 781
Joined: Jun 19, 2011
     

Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#731 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:32 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
Clocian wrote:Browsing the knicks board as they get whooped by the short handed nets. They want to trade their terrible players like RJ for zach lol.


As someone who is not much of a fan of RJ, he is probably on the better end of what you could get for Zach.

We are quickly running out of contending teams that have quality assets to trade back. Guys like RJ and MPJ are probably the best you can hope for on the high-ceiling end. And realistically, their ceilings are a guy like Zach.

I want to keep Zach, just commenting on the best scenarios out there for him.


Yeah, I agree. Zach's value isn't Bradley Beal, so he's not going to fetch you 4 first-round picks right now. It's hard finding players as good as Zach LaVine, so let's keep him and try to build with him.

That said, if he keeps hovering around 30 ppg and we play respectable ball, then maybe he will fetch you a slew of picks.

But are picks what we need? That won't move us forward and we aren't hitting the reset button again. I think building with him is the right move. We have yet to put the right pieces around him so it's tough to evaluate the team as a whole.


Sent from somewhere you've never been.
imagge
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,341
And1: 344
Joined: Feb 13, 2009

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#732 » by imagge » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Yep. Harden gets no sympathy. I hope he goes his whole career without ever having a chance to play for the title, much less win one.



Small footnote....He has already played in a finals with OKC
MisterRoy
Starter
Posts: 2,209
And1: 781
Joined: Jun 19, 2011
     

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#733 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:09 pm

imagge wrote:
Yep. Harden gets no sympathy. I hope he goes his whole career without ever having a chance to play for the title, much less win one.



Small footnote....He has already played in a finals with OKC

That was against Miami. As Bulls fans we have blocked that stuff from our memory.


Sent from somewhere you've never been.
troza
Junior
Posts: 337
And1: 93
Joined: Aug 19, 2011
   

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#734 » by troza » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
imagge wrote:
Yep. Harden gets no sympathy. I hope he goes his whole career without ever having a chance to play for the title, much less win one.



Small footnote....He has already played in a finals with OKC

That was against Miami. As Bulls fans we have blocked that stuff from our memory.


Sent from somewhere you've never been.


:lol:

But for me I would still rather see the Nets win than the Lakers. But as the Bulls have no chance, I'm actually rooting for the Mavs or the Heat now. The Heat just for Butler :D
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 21,876
And1: 10,289
Joined: Apr 19, 2011

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#735 » by Ice Man » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:29 pm

I turned on Dallas-Charlotte yesterday to watch the Luka-LaMelo battle. But no battle, instead a reminder that rookies are rookies, and 3rd year generational players are not.

Luka - 34/13/9, 35 minutes
Ball - 4/7/5, 25 minutes

As Thibs liked to say about rookies, don't rely on them if you are planning on winning. Of course, LaMelo will be a good one. Whether anywhere near Luka's level, I dunno. Man that guy takes over games.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,709
And1: 2,776
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#736 » by ZOMG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm

To all: please, PLEASE don't even mention Bruno Caboclo.

We're not picking him up and that's that.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,709
And1: 2,776
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#737 » by ZOMG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:45 pm

ZOMG wrote:To all: please, PLEASE don't even mention Bruno Caboclo.

We're not picking him up and that's that.


LOL!! Too late, someone already suggested just that in the Harden thread.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
Jeffster81
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,098
And1: 1,181
Joined: May 24, 2007
Location: Bazinga
       

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#738 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 pm

imagge wrote:
Yep. Harden gets no sympathy. I hope he goes his whole career without ever having a chance to play for the title, much less win one.



Small footnote....He has already played in a finals with OKC



Small adjustment, I hope Harden does not play in the NBA Finals again during his career.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Butler4thewin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,378
And1: 440
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#739 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:08 pm

troza wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:
imagge wrote:

Small footnote....He has already played in a finals with OKC

That was against Miami. As Bulls fans we have blocked that stuff from our memory.


Sent from somewhere you've never been.


:lol:

But for me I would still rather see the Nets win than the Lakers. But as the Bulls have no chance, I'm actually rooting for the Mavs or the Heat now. The Heat just for Butler :D


i hate the heat also but i still wish butler well ...i have a feeling we will see kyrie there soon
User avatar
jc23
RealGM
Posts: 21,671
And1: 7,341
Joined: May 31, 2010
Location: 1901 W.Madsion St
     

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#740 » by jc23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:34 pm

ZOMG wrote:To all: please, PLEASE don't even mention Bruno Caboclo.

We're not picking him up and that's that.


who he play fo?
"showing off is the fools idea of glory" - Bruce Lee

Return to Chicago Bulls