Image ImageImage Image

Assembling Core 2.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

User avatar
TheSuzerain
RealGM
Posts: 13,921
And1: 8,885
Joined: Mar 29, 2012

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#141 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:15 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
:o

Imagine getting 85 million for averaging 8 points in the NBA. I’ll need to do more homework on this guy because that seems insane.

I think the easiest way to think of it is as follows:

Would you eat bad Andrew Wiggins contract if it landed us another top 5 pick? If so, that's basically the same exchange as I'm proposing for THT. $85 million for a top 5 pick talent.


No I’m not swapping LaVine for Wiggins to get a top 5 pick.

I think we could ask for 3 1sts (all pretty good ones) if we give them Lavine for Wiggins.

Basically 1.5 1sts for taking the awful Wiggins contract. And 1.5 1sts for giving them Lavine.
gobullschi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,733
And1: 376
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#142 » by gobullschi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:16 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:[
I'll leave the off-the-court evaluation to the Bulls. But from a basketball perspective, I do think TD is a hidden gem.

THT has a Draymond type build which lends itself to defensive versatility. I do agree he's more of a 3/4, but you can get away with playing him at the 2 it seems in some match-ups.

Most intriguing to me with THT is his on-ball ability where he attacks to create. It's genuinely difficult to keep him away from the cup. When teams put small guys on him, THT has been able to slash with ease. He's also showed some solid playmaking/passing with his touches, so it's easy to project him playing within a team concept. Simply put, he is a 20-year old multi-talented forward who doesn't have any glaring weaknesses.

We would have to make an aggressive offer to nab him. Somewhere in region of 4 years, $85 million.


:o

Imagine getting 85 million for averaging 8 points in the NBA. I’ll need to do more homework on this guy because that seems insane.

I think the easiest way to think of it is as follows:

Would you eat bad Andrew Wiggins contract if it landed us another top 5 pick? If so, that's basically the same exchange as I'm proposing for THT. $85 million for a top 5 pick talent.


Is it fair to put THT at the same tier as a top 5 pick? Let’s compare him to the top 4 in the 2020 ‘weak draft class’.

THT: 8.1 PPG 2.6 RPG 1.8 APG
Edwards: 13.6 PPG 2.9 RPG 2 APG
Wiseman: 10.9 PPG 6.1 RPG 1.5 BPG
Ball: 13.1 PPG 6.3 RPG 5.9 APG
Williams: 10.3 PPG 3.5 RPG 1 APG

What are you using to justify ranking?
User avatar
TheSuzerain
RealGM
Posts: 13,921
And1: 8,885
Joined: Mar 29, 2012

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#143 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:17 am

gobullschi wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
:o

Imagine getting 85 million for averaging 8 points in the NBA. I’ll need to do more homework on this guy because that seems insane.

I think the easiest way to think of it is as follows:

Would you eat bad Andrew Wiggins contract if it landed us another top 5 pick? If so, that's basically the same exchange as I'm proposing for THT. $85 million for a top 5 pick talent.


Is it fair to put THT at the same tier as a top 5 pick? Let’s compare him to the top 4 in the 2020 ‘weak draft class’.

THT: 8.1 PPG 2.6 RPG 1.8 APG
Edwards: 13.6 PPG 2.9 RPG 2 APG
Wiseman: 10.9 PPG 6.1 RPG 1.5 BPG
Ball: 13.1 PPG 6.3 RPG 5.9 APG
Williams: 10.3 PPG 3.5 RPG 1 APG

What are you using to justify ranking?

THT is on an actual good team (the best team in the league in fact). When he's on the floor, he's probably been better than any of the top 4 picks other than Lamelo. He just doesn't get on the floor as much because he's on the Lakers.
netduri2
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 99
Joined: Oct 31, 2019
 

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#144 » by netduri2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:29 am

LaVine is tremendous in recent games but I don't think his tough shots continue to fall and those shot attempts can kill not only the opponents' defense but also his own teammates' offensive flow.

He has improved but is still a below-average defender. He lost his man in crunch time several times this season though he showed some nice defensive moments.

When he's on the floor our offensive rating is 112.6 and when he's off the floor it's 111.6 so the difference is very little.

On the other end when he's on the floor our defensive rating is 120.4 which is really terrible. When he's off the floor it dramatically drops to 107.1

offensive rating : on 112.6 off 111.6
defensive rating : on 120.4 off 107.1

OFC It's not all on Zach being a bad defender but it is certain at least he's a part of the problem. And it is notable that offensive rating difference between on-off is quite small despite of his great offensive performance.

I know we've played only 11 games of the season so let's see what's going to happen this season. But I'm still reluctant to give him 190mil / 5 year type big contract when his contract is expired.
netduri2
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 99
Joined: Oct 31, 2019
 

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#145 » by netduri2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:35 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I think the easiest way to think of it is as follows:

Would you eat bad Andrew Wiggins contract if it landed us another top 5 pick? If so, that's basically the same exchange as I'm proposing for THT. $85 million for a top 5 pick talent.


No I’m not swapping LaVine for Wiggins to get a top 5 pick.

I think we could ask for 3 1sts (all pretty good ones) if we give them Lavine for Wiggins.

Basically 1.5 1sts for taking the awful Wiggins contract. And 1.5 1sts for giving them Lavine.


I'll take the deal to trade LaVine for Wiggins(bad player salary dump) + 21 MIN FRP(top3 protected) + 23 GSW FRP(lottery protected) since this year's draft has many top talented prospects.

Also MIN is really bad team despite of having Towns come back. They hire their coach whose last name is Saunders even before they hire new FO. Even their new FO seems to have no plan. They don't have any reliable powerforward and yet they traded James Johnson + pick for Rubio which is hilarious because they already had many guards on their roster.
gobullschi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,733
And1: 376
Joined: May 23, 2006

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#146 » by gobullschi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:37 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I think the easiest way to think of it is as follows:

Would you eat bad Andrew Wiggins contract if it landed us another top 5 pick? If so, that's basically the same exchange as I'm proposing for THT. $85 million for a top 5 pick talent.


Is it fair to put THT at the same tier as a top 5 pick? Let’s compare him to the top 4 in the 2020 ‘weak draft class’.

THT: 8.1 PPG 2.6 RPG 1.8 APG
Edwards: 13.6 PPG 2.9 RPG 2 APG
Wiseman: 10.9 PPG 6.1 RPG 1.5 BPG
Ball: 13.1 PPG 6.3 RPG 5.9 APG
Williams: 10.3 PPG 3.5 RPG 1 APG

What are you using to justify ranking?

THT is on an actual good team (the best team in the league in fact). When he's on the floor, he's probably been better than any of the top 4 picks other than Lamelo. He just doesn't get on the floor as much because he's on the Lakers.


He is listed as a SG/SF, which isn’t what I remembered when he played the Bulls. So he’s either competing against KCP and Wesley Matthews for minutes or Morris and Harrell.
User avatar
JohnnyTapwater
Veteran
Posts: 2,829
And1: 1,275
Joined: Nov 06, 2009
Location: Chicago
   

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#147 » by JohnnyTapwater » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 am

THT would be such a sneaky steal in the offseason.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 13,632
And1: 6,764
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#148 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:27 am

netduri2 wrote:LaVine is tremendous in recent games but I don't think his tough shots continue to fall and those shot attempts can kill not only the opponents' defense but also his own teammates' offensive flow.

He has improved but is still a below-average defender. He lost his man in crunch time several times this season though he showed some nice defensive moments.

When he's on the floor our offensive rating is 112.6 and when he's off the floor it's 111.6 so the difference is very little.

On the other end when he's on the floor our defensive rating is 120.4 which is really terrible. When he's off the floor it dramatically drops to 107.1

offensive rating : on 112.6 off 111.6
defensive rating : on 120.4 off 107.1

OFC It's not all on Zach being a bad defender but it is certain at least he's a part of the problem. And it is notable that offensive rating difference between on-off is quite small despite of his great offensive performance.

I know we've played only 11 games of the season so let's see what's going to happen this season. But I'm still reluctant to give him 190mil / 5 year type big contract when his contract is expired.


There is zero reason think his shots will stop falling and he is not a bad defender any more. Try again.
netduri2
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 99
Joined: Oct 31, 2019
 

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#149 » by netduri2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
netduri2 wrote:LaVine is tremendous in recent games but I don't think his tough shots continue to fall and those shot attempts can kill not only the opponents' defense but also his own teammates' offensive flow.

He has improved but is still a below-average defender. He lost his man in crunch time several times this season though he showed some nice defensive moments.

When he's on the floor our offensive rating is 112.6 and when he's off the floor it's 111.6 so the difference is very little.

On the other end when he's on the floor our defensive rating is 120.4 which is really terrible. When he's off the floor it dramatically drops to 107.1

offensive rating : on 112.6 off 111.6
defensive rating : on 120.4 off 107.1

OFC It's not all on Zach being a bad defender but it is certain at least he's a part of the problem. And it is notable that offensive rating difference between on-off is quite small despite of his great offensive performance.

I know we've played only 11 games of the season so let's see what's going to happen this season. But I'm still reluctant to give him 190mil / 5 year type big contract when his contract is expired.


There is zero reason think his shots will stop falling and he is not a bad defender any more. Try again.


Keep defending him after you see his on-off impact number.

He’s still a below-average defender at best due to his horrendous off-ball defense. He still tends to lost his man regularly this season. He cannot navigate through screens when he is guarding on perimeter.

And the most important part is that our offense when he is off the floor is not that bad. Actually the difference between when he is on the court and off the court is very little. It’s only 1 point per 100 possessions which means despite of his hot hands he is not helping his teammates play better that much.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 13,632
And1: 6,764
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#150 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:16 am

netduri2 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
netduri2 wrote:LaVine is tremendous in recent games but I don't think his tough shots continue to fall and those shot attempts can kill not only the opponents' defense but also his own teammates' offensive flow.

He has improved but is still a below-average defender. He lost his man in crunch time several times this season though he showed some nice defensive moments.

When he's on the floor our offensive rating is 112.6 and when he's off the floor it's 111.6 so the difference is very little.

On the other end when he's on the floor our defensive rating is 120.4 which is really terrible. When he's off the floor it dramatically drops to 107.1

offensive rating : on 112.6 off 111.6
defensive rating : on 120.4 off 107.1

OFC It's not all on Zach being a bad defender but it is certain at least he's a part of the problem. And it is notable that offensive rating difference between on-off is quite small despite of his great offensive performance.

I know we've played only 11 games of the season so let's see what's going to happen this season. But I'm still reluctant to give him 190mil / 5 year type big contract when his contract is expired.


There is zero reason think his shots will stop falling and he is not a bad defender any more. Try again.


Keep defending him after you see his on-off impact number.

He’s still a below-average defender at best due to his horrendous off-ball defense. He still tends to lost his man regularly this season. He cannot navigate through screens when he is guarding on perimeter.

And the most important part is that our offense when he is off the floor is not that bad. Actually the difference between when he is on the court and off the court is very little. It’s only 1 point per 100 possessions which means despite of his hot hands he is not helping his teammates play better that much.


Blah blah he is playing like star.
netduri2
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 99
Joined: Oct 31, 2019
 

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#151 » by netduri2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:40 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
netduri2 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
There is zero reason think his shots will stop falling and he is not a bad defender any more. Try again.


Keep defending him after you see his on-off impact number.

He’s still a below-average defender at best due to his horrendous off-ball defense. He still tends to lost his man regularly this season. He cannot navigate through screens when he is guarding on perimeter.

And the most important part is that our offense when he is off the floor is not that bad. Actually the difference between when he is on the court and off the court is very little. It’s only 1 point per 100 possessions which means despite of his hot hands he is not helping his teammates play better that much.


Blah blah he is playing like star.


You have really impressive attitude having endless affection towards LaVine!!

Without any evidence that support your argument you keep saying nonsense to other people who criticize your beloved player.

Keep going on you LaVine fanboys. Keep talking nonsense and keep And'1s to these useless posts.

The funny part is whose username is "evidence" is keep And'1s your post without any evidence LMFAO.
StunnerKO
Analyst
Posts: 3,321
And1: 2,196
Joined: Sep 25, 2017

Re: Assembling Core 2.0 

Post#152 » by StunnerKO » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:13 am

Image

Return to Chicago Bulls