Image ImageImage Image

OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

musiqsoulchild
RealGM
Posts: 29,542
And1: 6,345
Joined: Nov 28, 2005
Location: Chicago

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1201 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Almost Retired wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:According to Rep Gaetz:

The Biden Crime Family.

Hilarious


Read the book "Profiles In Corruption" by Peter Schweizer. A year and half of research. Well documented. Then, if you had an open mind, you would come to the conclusion that The Biden Crime Family is a mild way to put it. But the Biden's are not alone. They're probably only the second most corrupt Washington DC swamp family. But after the next few years they will probably make a run for the Gold medal currently still held by the repulsive Clinton Crime Family. And it isn't just Democrats. Mitch McConnell's swamp creature wife has a family deeply involved with the Chinese communist government. Who knows what the Bush's were able to secure for themselves during their decades of swamp dwelling.

The thing I am most surprised about is the almost fawning love being shown to these politicians who don't give a crap about you. They beg you for money, beg you for votes, get elected, then represent the same elites. They've strip mined the middle class for at least 30 years. Actually since Nixon removed the spending constraints imposed by the "gold window" in 1971. Up until that point at least the swamp had to tax the present to reward the present. After 1971 it allowed Congress to spend without restraint, which is why we have the National Debt we have and why your Current US Dollar buys about 15 cents of what it did in 1971. And by the end of the Harris (Ankles Up) administration it will be 5 cents if you're lucky. At the current rate the National Debt will be at least $40 Trillion too. Good luck with that. Blame the Uniparty. They all got theirs. That was the goal. Get your $600 check yet?


What about the Trump crime family?
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 62,613
And1: 25,215
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1202 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm

PlayerUp wrote:The house is voting on this now and so far none of the GOP has voted with the democrats.

Image

Preview of what is to happen when it reaches the senate.

Some GOP I do expect to vote with the democrats but it's not going to be many.


I don’t know how many will vote with Dems, but it will be some (6 so far have said they will according to the faces on my television). And that will render it an impeachment with bipartisan support, which matters symbolically.

As for the Senate, the political math is different. House members come from small congressional districts, many of which are strictly R or D. So those votes can be expected to fall more along party lines because those Reps fear the consequences of not being “Republican enough.”

Senatorial elections are more statewide affairs. As we just saw in, of all places, Georgia which just elected two Dems to the senate, one an African American and the other a Jewish journalist. Failure to follow larger public opinion on this could cost the GOP even more Senate seats. All McConnel has to do is convince 17 Senators from “purple” areas, where supporting the conviction of Trump is not a political death sentence, and may in fact help the GOP, to cross the aisle and it’s a done deal.

Now, that’s still a tall order and I do not expect it to happen. But the point remains that Senator support is actually easier to envision, politically, than House support. The motivations and consequences are very different.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
Posts: 29,542
And1: 6,345
Joined: Nov 28, 2005
Location: Chicago

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1203 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:32 pm

DuckIII wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:The house is voting on this now and so far none of the GOP has voted with the democrats.

Image

Preview of what is to happen when it reaches the senate.

Some GOP I do expect to vote with the democrats but it's not going to be many.


I don’t know how many will vote with Dems, but it will be some (6 so far have said they will according to the faces on my television). And that will render it an impeachment with bipartisan support, which matters symbolically.

As for the Senate, the political math is different. House members come from small congressional districts, many of which are strictly R or D. So those votes can be expected to fall more along party lines because those Reps fear the consequences of not being “Republican enough.”

Senatorial elections are more statewide affairs. As we just saw in, of all places, Georgia which just elected two Dems to the senate, one an African American and the other a Jewish journalist. Failure to follow larger public opinion on this could cost the GOP even more Senate seats. All McConnel has to do is convince 17 Senators from “purple” areas, where supporting the conviction of Trump is not a political death sentence, and may in fact help the GOP, to cross the aisle and it’s a done deal.

Now, that’s still a tall order and I do not expect it to happen. But the point remains that Senator support is actually easier to envision, politically, than House support. The motivations and consequences are very different.


50 democrats and

Susan Collins
Lisa Murkowski
Ben Sasse
Mitt Romney

Thats 54.

If you add in folks who have been Trumped on by Trump after supporting him for a long time:

Mitch McConnell
Lindsey Graham

Now, you just need Mitch to wield the whip.

Best way out is still for Mitch to get no Republicans to show up. That reduces floor strength to 50. And the Impeachment vote will pass.
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 62,613
And1: 25,215
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1204 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:The house is voting on this now and so far none of the GOP has voted with the democrats.

Image

Preview of what is to happen when it reaches the senate.

Some GOP I do expect to vote with the democrats but it's not going to be many.


I don’t know how many will vote with Dems, but it will be some (6 so far have said they will according to the faces on my television). And that will render it an impeachment with bipartisan support, which matters symbolically.

As for the Senate, the political math is different. House members come from small congressional districts, many of which are strictly R or D. So those votes can be expected to fall more along party lines because those Reps fear the consequences of not being “Republican enough.”

Senatorial elections are more statewide affairs. As we just saw in, of all places, Georgia which just elected two Dems to the senate, one an African American and the other a Jewish journalist. Failure to follow larger public opinion on this could cost the GOP even more Senate seats. All McConnel has to do is convince 17 Senators from “purple” areas, where supporting the conviction of Trump is not a political death sentence, and may in fact help the GOP, to cross the aisle and it’s a done deal.

Now, that’s still a tall order and I do not expect it to happen. But the point remains that Senator support is actually easier to envision, politically, than House support. The motivations and consequences are very different.


50 democrats and

Susan Collins
Lisa Murkowski
Ben Sasse
Mitt Romney

Thats 54.

If you add in folks who have been Trumped on by Trump after supporting him for a long time:

Mitch McConnell
Lindsey Graham

Now, you just need Mitch to wield the whip.

Best way out is still for Mitch to get no Republicans to show up. That reduces floor strength to 50. And the Impeachment vote will pass.


Maybe I’m just too close in time to remembering Strom Thurmond, but has SC politics changed enough that Graham can go that far without torching himself? I see him as saying he is disappointed in POTUS but not voting to convict.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Almost Retired
Freshman
Posts: 68
And1: 39
Joined: Oct 07, 2020
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1205 » by Almost Retired » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:45 pm

Largely a symbolic gesture with about a week to go. If Mitch and his establishment Republicans do go ahead and vote yes on impeachment the Republican Party will never win another National Election in my lifetime. This last minute gambit to go after him yet again is just going to further alienate Trump's Millions of loyal voters. I hear the hatred my fellow red staters are heaping on to Mitch, and Cheney, snd the fat McCain broad, and Romney. I doubt that Trump's voters are going to get hoodwinked yet again. Either there will need to be a viable populist 3rd Party or Trump's voters are going to stay home in droves. I'm almost sure I'll never vote again. We'll be living in Mexico by the time the 2022 Election rolls around. And by 2024 I won't really care what happens. As long as the beer in my fridge is cold.
Dresden
General Manager
Posts: 7,803
And1: 4,121
Joined: Nov 02, 2017
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1206 » by Dresden » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm

It kills me when Jim Jordan gets up there and says the USA is "the greatest country EVER" (emphasis his). Have a little humility, Jim. That kind of over the top nationalism might play well with your base, but it has to look awfully arrogant to our allies. He also points to our achievement of going from the first flight to landing on the moon in about 50 years. "This is what America is". Ok, but America is also the country that reduced the population of the American bison from 60 million to less than a thousand in less than 100 years. Or all but wiped out the indigenous cultures that were here before us. Or condone slavery for almost 100 years, and Jim Crow for a hundred more. We've done great things, we've done terrible things.
User avatar
ThreeMileAllan
Starter
Posts: 2,420
And1: 617
Joined: Feb 07, 2002
Location: San Diego via Chicago
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1207 » by ThreeMileAllan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:58 pm

Almost Retired wrote:Largely a symbolic gesture with about a week to go. If Mitch and his establishment Republicans do go ahead and vote yes on impeachment the Republican Party will never win another National Election in my lifetime. This last minute gambit to go after him yet again is just going to further alienate Trump's Millions of loyal voters. I hear the hatred my fellow red staters are heaping on to Mitch, and Cheney, snd the fat McCain broad, and Romney. I doubt that Trump's voters are going to get hoodwinked yet again. Either there will need to be a viable populist 3rd Party or Trump's voters are going to stay home in droves. I'm almost sure I'll never vote again. We'll be living in Mexico by the time the 2022 Election rolls around. And by 2024 I won't really care what happens. As long as the beer in my fridge is cold.
Trump voters getting hoodwinked is the one thing that can be relied upon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
Dresden
General Manager
Posts: 7,803
And1: 4,121
Joined: Nov 02, 2017
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1208 » by Dresden » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm

Almost Retired wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:According to Rep Gaetz:

The Biden Crime Family.

Hilarious


Read the book "Profiles In Corruption" by Peter Schweizer. A year and half of research. Well documented. Then, if you had an open mind, you would come to the conclusion that The Biden Crime Family is a mild way to put it. But the Biden's are not alone. They're probably only the second most corrupt Washington DC swamp family.


You know that Schweizer is a former editor at Breitbart News, right?
User avatar
mlitney01
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,468
And1: 354
Joined: Jan 30, 2008
Location: End of the Longest Line
   

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1209 » by mlitney01 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:23 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
dougthonus wrote:


Not clear to me whether or not they can do impeach and remove after he's out of office anyway to enforce any of the penalties.


He can be barred from running from any federal office.


He can be, but its completely separate from the impeachment process. It's an additional vote in the senate that requires a simple majority. At least that was my takeaway. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
User avatar
mlitney01
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,468
And1: 354
Joined: Jan 30, 2008
Location: End of the Longest Line
   

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1210 » by mlitney01 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:24 pm

Almost Retired wrote:Largely a symbolic gesture with about a week to go. If Mitch and his establishment Republicans do go ahead and vote yes on impeachment the Republican Party will never win another National Election in my lifetime. This last minute gambit to go after him yet again is just going to further alienate Trump's Millions of loyal voters. I hear the hatred my fellow red staters are heaping on to Mitch, and Cheney, snd the fat McCain broad, and Romney. I doubt that Trump's voters are going to get hoodwinked yet again. Either there will need to be a viable populist 3rd Party or Trump's voters are going to stay home in droves. I'm almost sure I'll never vote again. We'll be living in Mexico by the time the 2022 Election rolls around. And by 2024 I won't really care what happens. As long as the beer in my fridge is cold.


Bernie voters said the same thing in 2016. It obviously hasn't hurt the democrats 4 years later.
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 62,613
And1: 25,215
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1211 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm

mlitney01 wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:Largely a symbolic gesture with about a week to go. If Mitch and his establishment Republicans do go ahead and vote yes on impeachment the Republican Party will never win another National Election in my lifetime. This last minute gambit to go after him yet again is just going to further alienate Trump's Millions of loyal voters. I hear the hatred my fellow red staters are heaping on to Mitch, and Cheney, snd the fat McCain broad, and Romney. I doubt that Trump's voters are going to get hoodwinked yet again. Either there will need to be a viable populist 3rd Party or Trump's voters are going to stay home in droves. I'm almost sure I'll never vote again. We'll be living in Mexico by the time the 2022 Election rolls around. And by 2024 I won't really care what happens. As long as the beer in my fridge is cold.


Bernie voters said the same thing in 2016. It obviously hasn't hurt the democrats 4 years later.


Yeah but Trump assured that wouldn’t actually happen. They voted.

What AlmostRetired is saying is that it Trump’s militia of morons can’t have Trump, they won’t bother to vote at all. Which I think is a valid point. And something that would be wonderful.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 62,613
And1: 25,215
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1212 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:42 pm

Dresden wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:According to Rep Gaetz:

The Biden Crime Family.

Hilarious


Read the book "Profiles In Corruption" by Peter Schweizer. A year and half of research. Well documented. Then, if you had an open mind, you would come to the conclusion that The Biden Crime Family is a mild way to put it. But the Biden's are not alone. They're probably only the second most corrupt Washington DC swamp family.
ewww

You know that Schweizer is a former editor at Breitbart News, right?


Do you think this poster, who just referred to Meghan McCain as “that fat McCain broad,” actually considers that a negative?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Almost Retired
Freshman
Posts: 68
And1: 39
Joined: Oct 07, 2020
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1213 » by Almost Retired » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:39 pm

Dresden wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:According to Rep Gaetz:

The Biden Crime Family.

Hilarious


Read the book "Profiles In Corruption" by Peter Schweizer. A year and half of research. Well documented. Then, if you had an open mind, you would come to the conclusion that The Biden Crime Family is a mild way to put it. But the Biden's are not alone. They're probably only the second most corrupt Washington DC swamp family.


You know that Schweizer is a former editor at Breitbart News, right?


And that means what exactly? I mean it's not as bad as if he had previously worked at the New York Times or CNN which completely lack any credibility.
User avatar
ImSlower
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,978
And1: 3,885
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL-ish
   

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1214 » by ImSlower » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:43 pm

Meanwhile, an hour after he was impeached a second time, Trump gave his most presidential speech I've heard him manage. Well, except the last minute when he whined about Twitter. I vehemently think he has damaged our country irrevocably, but at least the fat orange bastard directly and explicitly told his sycophants not to incite more violence this next week.
Almost Retired
Freshman
Posts: 68
And1: 39
Joined: Oct 07, 2020
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1215 » by Almost Retired » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Dresden wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:
Read the book "Profiles In Corruption" by Peter Schweizer. A year and half of research. Well documented. Then, if you had an open mind, you would come to the conclusion that The Biden Crime Family is a mild way to put it. But the Biden's are not alone. They're probably only the second most corrupt Washington DC swamp family.
ewww

You know that Schweizer is a former editor at Breitbart News, right?


Do you think this poster, who just referred to Meghan McCain as “that fat McCain broad,” actually considers that a negative?


Actually I think my fellow red neck down here called her "that fat McCain c***". I was just quoting him in a somewhat sanitized version. I don't know much about her. I guess she is John McCain's daughter? I never liked him so I never bothered to learn his family tree. I only voted for him hoping he'd die and Sarah Palin would be President.
Dresden
General Manager
Posts: 7,803
And1: 4,121
Joined: Nov 02, 2017
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1216 » by Dresden » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:51 pm

ImSlower wrote:Meanwhile, an hour after he was impeached a second time, Trump gave his most presidential speech I've heard him manage. Well, except the last minute when he whined about Twitter. I vehemently think he has damaged our country irrevocably, but at least the fat orange bastard directly and explicitly told his sycophants not to incite more violence this next week.


He's now playing for the jury in the Senate.
League Circles
RealGM
Posts: 30,985
And1: 8,045
Joined: Dec 04, 2001
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1217 » by League Circles » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:02 am

Almost Retired wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Dresden wrote: ewww

You know that Schweizer is a former editor at Breitbart News, right?


Do you think this poster, who just referred to Meghan McCain as “that fat McCain broad,” actually considers that a negative?


Actually I think my fellow red neck down here called her "that fat McCain c***". I was just quoting him in a somewhat sanitized version. I don't know much about her. I guess she is John McCain's daughter? I never liked him so I never bothered to learn his family tree. I only voted for him hoping he'd die and Sarah Palin would be President.

Hahaha sarah palin. Dude wanted an outright stupid whore for president. Funny, I suspect my father voted republican his whole life until she came along. He couldn't bring himself to vote for a piece of trash for president.
https://august-shop.com/ streetwear & sneakers
Red8911
RealGM
Posts: 10,673
And1: 2,561
Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Location: BROOKLYN

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1218 » by Red8911 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:09 am

So what was the point of impeaching Trump a week before he leaves office ? To try and hurt his name so he doesn’t run again in 4 years? Why are the Dems so scared of him still even though he lost? They did this whole process super quickly too to do it while he’s still president. Pelosi and the rest of them are such a joke. They have another week, find something else and impeach him again lol who cares !

Trump has the fan base to rerun for president in 4 years if he wants to. The only question is does he want to do this again? He doesn’t need to, he didn’t even need to run in 2016 either but did anyway. If anything his life and business was better before he was president.
Almost Retired
Freshman
Posts: 68
And1: 39
Joined: Oct 07, 2020
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1219 » by Almost Retired » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:09 am

League Circles wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Do you think this poster, who just referred to Meghan McCain as “that fat McCain broad,” actually considers that a negative?


Actually I think my fellow red neck down here called her "that fat McCain c***". I was just quoting him in a somewhat sanitized version. I don't know much about her. I guess she is John McCain's daughter? I never liked him so I never bothered to learn his family tree. I only voted for him hoping he'd die and Sarah Palin would be President.

Hahaha sarah palin. Dude wanted an outright stupid whore for president. Funny, I suspect my father voted republican his whole life until she came along. He couldn't bring himself to vote for a piece of trash for president.


But I assume you voted for the Hildabeast? Now that was a hideous creature. She still is, only worse. She covers up her alcoholic gut by wearing surplus tents. No wonder Bill was diddling the interns. Can't blame him there. I dunno about Sarah, In her day I woulda tapped that. She was kinda hot in a wicked librarian sort of way.
League Circles
RealGM
Posts: 30,985
And1: 8,045
Joined: Dec 04, 2001
       

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#1220 » by League Circles » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 am

Almost Retired wrote:
League Circles wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:
Actually I think my fellow red neck down here called her "that fat McCain c***". I was just quoting him in a somewhat sanitized version. I don't know much about her. I guess she is John McCain's daughter? I never liked him so I never bothered to learn his family tree. I only voted for him hoping he'd die and Sarah Palin would be President.

Hahaha sarah palin. Dude wanted an outright stupid whore for president. Funny, I suspect my father voted republican his whole life until she came along. He couldn't bring himself to vote for a piece of trash for president.


But I assume you voted for the Hildabeast? Now that was a hideous creature. She still is, only worse. She covers up her alcoholic gut by wearing surplus tents. No wonder Bill was diddling the interns. Can't blame him there. I dunno about Sarah, In her day I woulda tapped that. She was kinda hot in a wicked librarian sort of way.

Is Hildebeast Hilary Clinton? Why on earth would you assume I voted for her? I didn't, FWIW.

Sarah was definitely worthy of having sex with, no doubt. That's why they made parody porn with her as a character. She was just not nearly intelligent or educated enough to ever hold high office. She's a simpleton. And a trashy one.
https://august-shop.com/ streetwear & sneakers

Return to Chicago Bulls