Image ImageImage Image

OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Re: OT: Storming of the Capitol/Coup Attempt 

Post#21 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:57 pm

AntiFA is a lot like Wendell's 3-point shot.

Much bally-hooed, but I've yet to see compelling evidence that it exists on any significant scale.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,258

Post#22 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:03 pm

Chi town wrote:Trending on twitter are images of antifa plants being identified with what they are wearing and Trump hats turned backwards.

What a mockery of our democracy.

The most terrible thing is it shows how vulnerable we are. No way terrorist orgs aren't taking notice of this.

*Donny Trump voice*

AnTIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAA

Makes sense that AntiFa wants to disrupt the electoral college count today. Yes, such logic.

Don't forget the Illuminati, they are behind this too.

/sarcasm
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#23 » by mtron32 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:04 pm

I keep hearing about ANTIFA but have never seen an actual antifa member. I guess I could consider myself ANTIFA seeing as I'm anti fascist so go figure
sllubwoc
Sophomore
And1: 135

Post#24 » by sllubwoc » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:10 pm

mlitney01 wrote:
sllubwoc wrote:
mlitney01 wrote:My work has Fox News on the TV and they genuinely stated that this wasn't as bad as the BLM protests because there is no looting/vandalism.

As if you can even compare the grievances of either protest.

My favorite thing I've seen so far is the one where the "rioters and looters" are walking in a single file line between the ropes. It was so funny. I feel like looters/rioters/whatever wouldn't be so nice as to make sure they stay within the ropes they have in the middle of a room that are protecting the statues in the room. Just found it pretty comical.

You didn't see the video of people breaking interior and exterior windows? The building was locked down. How do you think they got it?

That is exactly what I find comical. They are willing to break down windows and doors but then they stay in single file lines making sure not to go outside the ropes or around the statues in the room. Just something I use to create my own judgement of the situation is all. Nothing more.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#25 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:12 pm

Some images for those that think this should be treated with a "boys will be boys" mentality

Video

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#26 » by kodo » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:14 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Some images for those that think this should be treated with a "boys will be boys" mentality

Well at least one is wearing a mask.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#27 » by ZOMG » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:23 pm

At least two pipe bombs found and destroyed.

JFC.
sllubwoc
Sophomore

Post#28 » by sllubwoc » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:24 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
sllubwoc wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Oh, yes, of course. All the calm peaceful protesters are Trump supporters, but the violent trouble makers are "ANTIFA plants" risking serious jail time all to make Trump and his supporters look bad, as if they needed any help at all with that.

Sent from my SM-S115DL using RealGM mobile app

Most of the BLM protest where peaceful people as well and most were non Trump supporters. Then there was the Antifa group who burned down Targets and such. They take any opportunity they can and turn it into mayhem. That is there only goal. I assume you probably hate Trump and the people who support him way to much to even comprehend any of that though. Carry on hating anyone who disagrees with you. It's exactly what they want.
I don't hate anyone, but carry on believing ANTIFA is an actual organization rather than a mindset of simply being anti-facist. What you're describing is The Proud Boys. You know, the group with actual leaders and members? Their leader was arrested last night. Ring any bells?

...Like I said...some people have a way bigger agenda then you want to believe. However, just thinking these are all Trump people who hate democrats is much easier for the human brain to understand.

My fight is for people to realize that they are trying to divide the left and the right to the point of no return. It might have already happened. I hope not because it's ALL they want and if they get it we, the American people are doomed. We are much more powerful if we all respect each other and stand with each other. Left and Right together. That is the only thing that will cure America.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#29 » by logical_art » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:24 pm

Where's the coup attempt?
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,609
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#30 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:26 pm

sllubwoc wrote:
mlitney01 wrote:
sllubwoc wrote:
My favorite thing I've seen so far is the one where the "rioters and looters" are walking in a single file line between the ropes. It was so funny. I feel like looters/rioters/whatever wouldn't be so nice as to make sure they stay within the ropes they have in the middle of a room that are protecting the statues in the room. Just found it pretty comical.

You didn't see the video of people breaking interior and exterior windows? The building was locked down. How do you think they got it?

That is exactly what I find comical. They are willing to break down windows and doors but then they stay in single file lines making sure not to go outside the ropes or around the statues in the room. Just something I use to create my own judgement of the situation is all. Nothing more.

Ahh ok. I thought you meant that it wasn't happening. Yeah, in that context, it was pretty funny that they were following the rules of etiquette.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#31 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:30 pm

Don't know what is posturing at this point or how feasible it is given timing, but congresswoman Ilhan Omar is claiming to be writing up impeachment paperwork to be executed immediately.

Pence is the one that deployed the national guard, not Trump.

Pence seems to have stopped following Trump on twitter, a move that surely will have Donald melting with rage on the inside.

A Confederate flag was seen and waved in the Capitol building.

One of those days that will surely live in history.
sllubwoc
Sophomore

Post#32 » by sllubwoc » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:32 pm

mlitney01 wrote:
sllubwoc wrote:
mlitney01 wrote:

Ahh ok. I thought you meant that it wasn't happening. Yeah, in that context, it was pretty funny that they were following the rules of etiquette.

What is really mind blowing to me is how in the hell were they not prepared for this? Everyone and there mother knew that the **** was gonna hit the fan today. I just hope it ends peaceful somehow...
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#33 » by mtron32 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:33 pm

sllubwoc wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
sllubwoc wrote:
Most of the BLM protest where peaceful people as well and most were non Trump supporters. Then there was the Antifa group who burned down Targets and such. They take any opportunity they can and turn it into mayhem. That is there only goal. I assume you probably hate Trump and the people who support him way to much to even comprehend any of that though. Carry on hating anyone who disagrees with you. It's exactly what they want.
I don't hate anyone, but carry on believing ANTIFA is an actual organization rather than a mindset of simply being anti-facist. What you're describing is The Proud Boys. You know, the group with actual leaders and members? Their leader was arrested last night. Ring any bells?

...Like I said...some people have a way bigger agenda then you want to believe. However, just thinking these are all Trump people who hate democrats is much easier for the human brain to understand.

My fight is for people to realize that they are trying to divide the left and the right to the point of no return. It might have already happened. I hope not because it's ALL they want and if they get it we, the American people are doomed. We are much more powerful if we all respect each other and stand with each other. Left and Right together. That is the only thing that will cure America.

No idea who the guy in the photo is but just observing the reaction of LEOs to BLM over the summer and this today, it's pretty comical. I know comparisons were made to Michigan anti maskers at the time and the same applies here. They actually see these people as people while those BLM protestors they see as a threat, no idea why that is but here we are.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#34 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:35 pm

sllubwoc wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
sllubwoc wrote:

Hmm..

You needed to do maybe 10 seconds of research like I did to see how fake that was.

[img]
Read on Twitter
/photo/1[/img]
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#35 » by MrSparkle » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:38 pm

Lame-duck POTUS silent after organizing a rally protest speech.

Strangely underwhelming security at Congress where the 3 current Presidential successors were attending the electoral challenge.

Lame-duck POTUS refused to send National Guard. Unprepared capital police.

This is by and far the closest thing we've ever had to a dictatorship-style coup to undermine elections, ever in American history.

Trump must be impeached and removed immediately.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Post#36 » by PaKii94 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:40 pm

Tear gas/taze/arrest all who trespass. Party of law and order? SHOW IT.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,609
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#37 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:48 pm

Curfew about to go into affect. We'll see how this goes...
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#38 » by leo921 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:51 pm

Everyone of those MFs should be arrested for treason, this is terrorism. For those who might say im overreacting terrorism is a violent act done to change government policy and or overthrow a government. trying to keep Trump in power is actually that. It amazes me the kid gloves that the police and military are treating this. They use water cannons, flash bangs, rubber bullets and tear gas against minorties who dont break into places and ask for equality but against the white people its i guess we can watch you break in as love as you are white
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,884

Post#39 » by Dresden » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:52 pm

I will echo what many other have said- how did the Capitol police not prepare adequately for this? What is the inauguration going to be like two weeks from now?

Trump has absolutely abdicated his constitutional duties. Pence is directing the national guard. It was only after hours of dilly dallying that Trump came out and made a weak statement urging peace, and apparently he had to be begged to do so by staff members. There's a lot of talk about invoking the 25th amendment.

By the way, I applaud Mitch McConnell for the speech he gave to congress before all this broke out. His childish attacks on the democrats aside, he did rise to the occasion (finally), and gave a spirited defense of our democratic traditions.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#40 » by Payt10 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:54 pm

mlitney01 wrote:My work has Fox News on the TV and they genuinely stated that this wasn't as bad as the BLM protests because there is no looting/vandalism.

As if you can even compare the grievances of either protest.

I mean, objectively, this hasn't been as bad. BLM riots lasted months and caused over a billion in property damages, along with numerous deaths, and 100's of casualties. Whether or not this continues to spiral out of control over the coming days/weeks remains to be seen. Both are national embarrassments. Everyone involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller

Return to Chicago Bulls