Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, Payt10, DASMACKDOWN, kulaz3000

MalagaBulls
Veteran
Posts: 2,881
And1: 940
Joined: Dec 15, 2013
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun Shines)
       

Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Lauri should be back, nevermind the injury report I included in the GT tweet. Looking forward to a fun game to take everyone´s mind of the events of the week. Let´s induge in our Bulls and the improvements they are making. I don´t see anyone on their squad other than SGA who can create and cause problems.

Short GT this time. More info later.

GO BULLS!!


Lineups:

Read on Twitter


Stats thru 11 games:

Read on Twitter
User avatar
FriedRise
General Manager
Posts: 7,835
And1: 6,909
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
Location: Chicago
 

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#2 » by FriedRise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Crazy that OKC is 5-6, with quality wins over Orlando (6-5), the Knicks (Thibs playing Barrett 44m), and the Nets (with KD).
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,709
And1: 2,776
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#3 » by ZOMG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Man, I hope this layoff didn't mess with the chemistry and rhythm of the team!! Not to mention Lauri coming back and potentially causing problems... I keep waking up at night and thinking, "Oh s**t, we're on a roll!! 4-7! I still can't believe it... how did we get this good, this fast??"
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,771
And1: 4,226
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#4 » by Little Nathan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 pm

Image
"Heart is a skill that player who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this
User avatar
The Force.
Head Coach
Posts: 6,204
And1: 1,386
Joined: May 30, 2008
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#5 » by The Force. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Lauri should come off the bench. We have plenty of offense in the starting lineup as is. We need Thad to help stabilize the defense. Lauri would be great as a bumslayer on the 2nd unit. Close the game with whoever is playing best.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,709
And1: 2,776
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#6 » by ZOMG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 pm

The Force. wrote:Lauri should come off the bench. We have plenty of offense in the starting lineup as is. We need Thad to help stabilize the defense. Lauri would be great as a bumslayer on the 2nd unit. Close the game with whoever is playing best.


Yeah, I mean... whenever you're 4-7, there's a point where you do whatever you can to keep it going. 8-)

But seriously. One of the main goals of this season for the Bulls is finding out what they really have in Lauri. Benching him AFTER FOUR GAMES for a totally random reason like getting kicked in the leg by his teammate and then quarantined would be insane.

If the Bulls eventually decide to pay him, he won't be paid for bumslaying, that much is clear.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
mtron32
Starter
Posts: 2,249
And1: 1,071
Joined: Nov 18, 2016
       

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#7 » by mtron32 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:21 pm

ZOMG wrote:
The Force. wrote:Lauri should come off the bench. We have plenty of offense in the starting lineup as is. We need Thad to help stabilize the defense. Lauri would be great as a bumslayer on the 2nd unit. Close the game with whoever is playing best.


Yeah, I mean... whenever you're 4-7, there's a point where you do whatever you can to keep it going. 8-)

But seriously. One of the main goals of this season for the Bulls is finding out what they really have in Lauri. Benching him AFTER FOUR GAMES for a totally random reason like getting kicked in the leg by his teammate and then quarantined would be insane.

If the Bulls eventually decide to pay him, he won't be paid for bumslaying, that much is clear.


Are you crazy? The Bulls went 4 - 0 out west without Lauri, oh wait... Yeah man, this narrative that we don't need Lauri is strange, they needed super nova Zach to show up multiple times to have a chance in those last two losses.
User avatar
ImSlower
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,978
And1: 3,885
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL-ish
   

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#8 » by ImSlower » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:44 pm

Really hoping for a win tonight. We hung tough against superior teams, I don't want to see one closer to our talent level beat us.
User avatar
FriedRise
General Manager
Posts: 7,835
And1: 6,909
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
Location: Chicago
 

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#9 » by FriedRise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Bulliever2020
Sophomore
Posts: 111
And1: 213
Joined: Jul 13, 2018
       

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#10 » by Bulliever2020 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:05 pm

WOOHOO! Seems like 10 years since our last game.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 21,876
And1: 10,289
Joined: Apr 19, 2011

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#11 » by Ice Man » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:03 pm

ImSlower wrote:Really hoping for a win tonight.


I wish that the game were tonight. But alas tomorrow.
mtron32
Starter
Posts: 2,249
And1: 1,071
Joined: Nov 18, 2016
       

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#12 » by mtron32 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:29 pm

Ice Man wrote:
ImSlower wrote:Really hoping for a win tonight.


I wish that the game were tonight. But alas tomorrow.

same, I'm over here shaking like a fiend for some Bulls Bball
User avatar
ImSlower
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,978
And1: 3,885
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL-ish
   

Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#13 » by ImSlower » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:00 pm

    mtron32 wrote:
    Ice Man wrote:
    ImSlower wrote:Really hoping for a win tonight.


    I wish that the game were tonight. But alas tomorrow.

    same, I'm over here shaking like a fiend for some Bulls Bball


    Man. I can't believe how poor my sense of days has become the last 9 months (I don't have a 9-to-5). I literally thought it was Friday all day until I got home now and read you guys' quotes. Hah!

    Tomorrow works, if the game is depressing I can turn it off and see if that WandaVision show debuting is as nuts as the trailers look.
    WindyCityBorn
    RealGM
    Posts: 13,632
    And1: 6,764
    Joined: Jun 26, 2014
         

    Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

    Post#14 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:44 am

    Hope everyone but Sato is ready to go tomorrow. Give Porter maybe 15 minutes just to provide a little depth.

    Does Hutchinson have COVID?
    WindyCityBorn
    RealGM
    Posts: 13,632
    And1: 6,764
    Joined: Jun 26, 2014
         

    Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

    Post#15 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 am

    The Force. wrote:Lauri should come off the bench. We have plenty of offense in the starting lineup as is. We need Thad to help stabilize the defense. Lauri would be great as a bumslayer on the 2nd unit. Close the game with whoever is playing best.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


    I would not call a gimpy Porter who may or not play(or be effective) and an extremely inconsistent Coby enough offense. Lauri was arguably our best offensive player before he went out. He and Zach need to be focal points on offense with White as the other option depending how he is shooting that night. I have seen enough offense running through Wendell Carter...
    User avatar
    FriedRise
    General Manager
    Posts: 7,835
    And1: 6,909
    Joined: Jan 13, 2015
    Location: Chicago
     

    Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

    Post#16 » by FriedRise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 am

    You win some, you lose some. Temple is likely out.

    Read on Twitter
    ZOMG
    Lead Assistant
    Posts: 4,709
    And1: 2,776
    Joined: Dec 31, 2013

    Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

    Post#17 » by ZOMG » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:51 am

    WindyCityBorn wrote:Does Hutchinson have COVID?


    Hutch has (or had) covid, yes. He's the reason for all these guys being in the protocols - and of course Sato getting infected as well.

    Chandler is not returning yet anyway. They're running tests on him.
    Current status: ACTIVE
    Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
    GoBlue72391
    Analyst
    Posts: 3,090
    And1: 882
    Joined: Oct 26, 2009
         

    Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

    Post#18 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:22 am

    FriedRise wrote:You win some, you lose some. Temple is likely out.

    Read on Twitter
    Uh oh, sounds like Dotson and KornDawg either have COVID or were in close proximity to someone who was. Literally the day Lauri and Archi return from quarantine we lose 2 more. I know they're not contributors, but it hurts our depth and poses the risk of a team wide outbreak.

    Sent from my SM-S115DL using RealGM mobile app
    Stratmaster
    RealGM
    Posts: 15,645
    And1: 5,487
    Joined: Oct 02, 2010
           

    Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

    Post#19 » by Stratmaster » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:06 pm

    Oh. Is the season restarting?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
    Stratmaster
    RealGM
    Posts: 15,645
    And1: 5,487
    Joined: Oct 02, 2010
           

    Re: Bulls @ Thunder, RS Game 12 GT, 15 Jan 2021, 7 PM CT, NBCSCH 

    Post#20 » by Stratmaster » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:09 pm

    ZOMG wrote:Man, I hope this layoff didn't mess with the chemistry and rhythm of the team!! Not to mention Lauri coming back and potentially causing problems... I keep waking up at night and thinking, "Oh s**t, we're on a roll!! 4-7! I still can't believe it... how did we get this good, this fast??"
    You complain about the controversy around Lauri, then properly try to restart it.

    I think one person said the Bulls are better without Lauri, yet here we are.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

    Return to Chicago Bulls