Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1721 » by sco » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:34 pm

qianlong wrote:
NocioniHomie wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:What would it take to acquire Brandon Clarke? I think he'd be a really nice fit at the PF spot and we can offer him a starting role long term. He's shown enough that he can develop a respectable 3 point shot and his style of play is someone we should be looking at to pair in the backcourt with Vuc for defensive purposes.

I was just wondering the same thing on drive home after watching the game. Think he could fit really nice. He seems to fit better on the team than Coby at this point who we took 14 picks ahead of him.

Markannen makes a lot of sense on Grizzlies actually. Don't think we could get Clarke in Lauri sign and trade, but maybe with Coby included and something coming back from Grizz?

And I'm the third. I think they have no interest in Lauri since they have jjj. But for teh same reason they may be fine letting Clarke go. I would propose White for Clarke and whatever small filler they want to add.

Sign me up for that deal. White needs to have a strong finish to the season to have any trade value.
:clap:
Bulls619sd
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#1722 » by Bulls619sd » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:17 am

HomoSapien wrote:Throwing out a crazy trade with the assumptions that Philly again underachieves in the playoffs and Beal requests a trade during the off-season to a contender:

Chicago Trades: Patrick Williams, Coby White, a future first-round pick, Aminu (expiring), Arci (filler)
Chicago Receives: Ben Simmons

Philly Trades: Ben Simmons
Philly Receives: Bradley Beal

Washington Trades: Bradley Beal
Washington Receives: Patrick Williams, Coby White, a future first-round pick, Aminu (expiring), Arci (filler)

Obviously, Washington could cut Chicago out of this completely, but in this scenario, the hope is that Ben Simmons would be against going to a rebuilding club and would push to go to Chicago specifically.

Probably not the best return for Washington, but maybe the bones are there...especially if Patrick Williams can end the season on a strong note.

I rather have Bradley Beal if we can get Lonzo Ball. I think we can recruit both of them without giving up the farm because those are two players that would like to be in Chicago.

Beal
Lavine
Ball
Williams
Vuch

That would be cool we'd have our own splash Brothers
Nate3carp
Senior
And1: 128

Post#1723 » by Nate3carp » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:39 pm

Bulls619sd wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Throwing out a crazy trade with the assumptions that Philly again underachieves in the playoffs and Beal requests a trade during the off-season to a contender:

Chicago Trades: Patrick Williams, Coby White, a future first-round pick, Aminu (expiring), Arci (filler)

Washington Receives: Patrick Williams, Coby White, a future first-round pick, Aminu (expiring), Arci (filler)

Obviously, Washington could cut Chicago out of this completely, but in this scenario, the hope is that Ben Simmons would be against going to a rebuilding club and would push to go to Chicago specifically.

Probably not the best return for Washington, but maybe the bones are there...especially if Patrick Williams can end the season on a strong note.

I rather have Bradley Beal if we can get Lonzo Ball. I think we can recruit both of them without giving up the farm because those are two players that would like to be in Chicago.

Beal
Lavine
Ball
Williams
Vuch

I don’t think there is any way to sign Ball and Beal as free agents, and no way to trade for Beal and keep PAW
Bulls619sd
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#1724 » by Bulls619sd » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:32 pm

Nate3carp wrote:
Bulls619sd wrote:

Beal
Lavine
Ball
Williams
Vuch

I don’t think there is any way to sign Ball and Beal as free agents, and no way to trade for Beal and keep PAW

They would have to force a trade, and we would have to do some serious recruiting. Lonzo Ball is a restricted free agent, and Bradley Beal has an option to opt out I believe.

A three-way would probably be the best option. Swing Young for a first round pick, throw in a couple seconds, tpe filler and non guaranteed contracts for Lonzo Ball.

Then see what you can get for Lauri, swing that a filler Coby White and unconditional pic or two maybe some pick swaps. Something like that we need to be creative, we seem to have a good rapport with both teams
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1725 » by Leslie Forman » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:26 pm

I have had the Ben Simmons idea as well as he would make some sense here next to Vuc.

But man…that's an absolutely awful, awful return for Washington. I'm not much of a Zach stan and I wouldn't take that for him, let alone Brad Beal. Not to mention that Washington currently has two recently drafted combo forward prospects of their own they are trying to develop.

Let's be real here. Cut out Washington, and replace Beal with LaVine. That's the only trade that makes any kind of sense for both Philly and Chicago and isn't completely screwing over a third team. But with how vital Simmons is to Philly's defense, which is their real strength, I'm not sure they bother with that. They really need a two-way guy in return.

A three-way for Simmons sure would have looked a lot more possible with those picks that just went to Orlando…
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#1726 » by Bulldog23 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:35 pm

PASCAL
SIAKAM

For Coby, Laurie, Aminu, and Thad.
sco
RealGM

Post#1727 » by sco » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:01 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:PASCAL
SIAKAM

I see you live in a state where marijuana is legal. Seriously though, no way TO does that.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#1728 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:45 pm

Zach and Arci for Clarke, Melton, and Brooks.

We get 3 quality role players with starter potential for Zach, Memphis gets a start to put next to Morant.

or Zach to SA for Derrick White, Vassell and Lonnie Walker.
sco
RealGM

Post#1729 » by sco » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:Zach and Arci for Clarke, Melton, and Brooks.

We get 3 quality role players with starter potential for Zach, Memphis gets a start to put next to Morant.

As much as folks may hate Zach...he's here next season.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 569

Post#1730 » by Almost Retired » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:08 pm

sco wrote:
RoseTheFuture22 wrote:Zach and Arci for Clarke, Melton, and Brooks.

As much as folks may hate Zach...he's here next season.

Without Zach the team isn't worth the time to even watch.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#1731 » by rtblues » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:00 am

I'm on the move Lavine train, sorry, please don't hate me.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#1732 » by KL78192020 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:49 pm

SIAKAM

What about Fred Van Vleet for Lauri and filler? Raptors will probably resign Lowry at PG.
TheEndIsNigh
Junior
And1: 472

Post#1733 » by TheEndIsNigh » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:42 pm

KL78192020 wrote:
SIAKAM

What about Fred Van Vleet for Lauri and filler? Raptors will probably resign Lowry at PG.

They would need to sign and trade Lauri. I don't see that happening.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#1734 » by Slim Charless » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Hey Suns fan here guys. I'm just curious what kinda return you're looking for Coby? Reason being we need a young PG to play behind CP3 and to take over in a yr or 2. Coby is still on his rook deal and has the size and ability to be a good player while being so young.

I was thinking that if you sign Lonzo then you won't really need him as Zo and Zach would be your back court. Hoping that a 1st would do it, since you gave away 2 in the Vuc deal, but am open for other suggestions. Thoughts?
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 569

Post#1735 » by Almost Retired » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:46 pm

Slim Charless wrote:Hey Suns fan here guys. I'm just curious what kinda return you're looking for Coby? Reason being we need a young PG to play behind CP3 and to take over in a yr or 2. Coby is still on his rook deal and has the size and ability to be a good player while being so young.

I was thinking that if you sign Lonzo then you won't really need him as Zo and Zach would be your back court. Hoping that a 1st would do it, since you gave away 2 in the Vuc deal, but am open for other suggestions. Thoughts?

If your FRP was slotted 14-20 and I was the GM I'd trade Coby for that plus E'Twan Moore. But your pick will be 27-30, not much better than a second rounder. I could see Coby plus filler for your FRP plus Cam Johnson.
sco
RealGM

Post#1736 » by sco » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:02 pm

Almost Retired wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Hey Suns fan here guys. I'm just curious what kinda return you're looking for Coby? Reason being we need a young PG to play behind CP3 and to take over in a yr or 2. Coby is still on his rook deal and has the size and ability to be a good player while being so young.

If your FRP was slotted 14-20 and I was the GM I'd trade Coby for that plus E'Twan Moore. But your pick will be 27-30, not much better than a second rounder. I could see Coby plus filler for your FRP plus Cam Johnson.

Realistically, 2 second rounders probably gets that done, he had his shot and it didn't work here as a starter. I think the FO wants to clean house from prior regime. He'd be a great add for you guys because he could learn from CP3.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,015

Post#1737 » by jordanwilliams6 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:49 pm

I would look at moving PWill for someone like Siakim. If we are really going the win now route, we may not have time for PWill to take a few years to mature. If we can turn him into a genuine all star caliber player now then we should do it.

*I don't want to trade him, but if the opportunity arises to pick up a Siakim or Simmons type then I would.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#1738 » by Slim Charless » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:57 pm

sco wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:

Realistically, 2 second rounders probably gets that done, he had his shot and it didn't work here as a starter. I think the FO wants to clean house from prior regime. He'd be a great add for you guys because he could learn from CP3.

Cam is probably off the table, but I'd have no problem trading this year's pick for Coby. Good understudy for Paul. I'm fine with the 2 seconds as well. This would have wait till we find out if you guys get Lonzo obviously. If so, it seems like Coby would be the odd man out, since Zach is going nowhere.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#1739 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:53 pm

Coby for a 1st is a deal for us. Maybe toss in a future 2nd if you guys are picking at the very end of the 1st.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1740 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:10 pm

Cant we just waive felicio and maybe bring someone in to evaluate, there isnt one guy worth looking at?

Return to Chicago Bulls