Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1801 » by Am2626 » Mon May 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
Wiggins has all the talent in the world. He just doesn’t have it between the ears which is frustrating and unfortunate. If he ever gets it together he can be a great player.

He has all the run jump athleticism in the world. I don’t see a player who has the skills or instincts to go with it that are required to be “great.”

He surely doesn’t have the head for the game.

In my opinion he is in the best possible place for him to advance as a player. If he is ever going to put it together he’s learning from some of the best. Haven’t really been following him so not sure how he’s done this year.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#1802 » by Chi town » Mon May 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Lauri and Sato for Dejounte Murray.

I think Murray is a better defender than Lonzo. Signed for 15, 16, 17m next 3 seasons. 24. 6’4.
5.4 assists and 1.8 turnovers.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#1803 » by sco » Mon May 10, 2021 7:09 pm

Chi town wrote:Lauri and Sato for Dejounte Murray.

I think Murray is a better defender than Lonzo. Signed for 15, 16, 17m next 3 seasons. 24. 6’4.

Sure, but why on earth would would SA do that? Can't they just sign Lauri outright?
:clap:
sco
RealGM

Post#1804 » by sco » Mon May 10, 2021 7:11 pm

The team we might want to engage with is Sacto, I wonder what Delon Wright would cost us?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,384

Post#1805 » by Michael Jackson » Mon May 10, 2021 8:47 pm

sco wrote:The team we might want to engage with is Sacto, I wonder what Delon Wright would cost us?

Your more on point with this. They have to find something under the radar, someone who not everyone is looking at. Thats obviously a harder find, but that is how you get lucky enough to improve.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1806 » by Michael Jackson » Mon May 10, 2021 8:49 pm

sco wrote:

Sure, but why on earth would would SA do that? Can't they just sign Lauri outright?

San Antonio loves Murray and his defense is elite. I can't see any way they are letting him go, and Laurti and Sato isn't enough. Obviously if for some reason a top 10 guy wanted out and Murray needed to be included I can see that but unless the situation changed in SA I don't see them moving him.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1807 » by Chi town » Mon May 10, 2021 11:22 pm

sco wrote:The team we might want to engage with is Sacto, I wonder what Delon Wright would cost us?

Is Wright better than Sato?
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1808 » by Chi town » Mon May 10, 2021 11:23 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:

San Antonio loves Murray and his defense is elite. I can't see any way they are letting him go, and Laurti and Sato isn't enough. Obviously if for some reason a top 10 guy wanted out and Murray needed to be included I can see that but unless the situation changed in SA I don't see them moving him.

Didn't know SA loved him that much. I know his issue is shooting. 31% from 3 is no bueno.

Murray is also tight with Lavine.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#1809 » by weneeda2guard » Tue May 11, 2021 1:11 am

sco wrote:

Not exactly bulls can match the offer. So a team would have to give up a ton of money and sign lauri to the absolute max that is available to him similar to how Houston pryed Asik from us but San Antonio doesn't do deals like that and they hardly ever overpay for players. So if the spurs are that bent on getting lauri working out a s&t with us might be the best route for them as well as it offers a option the bulls want and eliminates the competition for lauri.

I just can't see the spurs parting with Murray though.

A option is the spurs eating up that deal and sending us a pick and a cheap player which could clear more cap space up for us to pursue other free agents.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1810 » by Michael Jackson » Tue May 11, 2021 1:14 am

Chi town wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:Sure, but why on earth would would SA do that? Can't they just sign Lauri outright?

Didn't know SA loved him that much. I know his issue is shooting. 31% from 3 is no bueno.

Murray is also tight with Lavine.

I know last year they were very high on him. This year I haven’t kept track of it so maybe it has changed. I would love him.
sco
RealGM

Post#1811 » by sco » Tue May 11, 2021 2:14 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
sco wrote:

Not exactly bulls can match the offer. So a team would have to give up a ton of money and sign lauri to the absolute max that is available to him similar to how Houston pryed Asik from us but San Antonio doesn't do deals like that and they hardly ever overpay for players. So if the spurs are that bent on getting lauri working out a s&t with us might be the best route for them as well as it offers a option the bulls want and eliminates the competition for lauri.

I just can't see the spurs parting with Murray though.

A option is the spurs eating up that deal and sending us a pick and a cheap player which could clear more cap space up for us to pursue other free agents.

But EVERYONE knows the Bulls won't be matching offers on Lauri more than $10M. Really - every single person knows this undeniable and completely indisputable fact.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,262

Post#1812 » by kodo » Tue May 11, 2021 2:49 am

When the Spurs were going after Vucevic at the deadline, they weren't going to give up Murray. So I can't see them giving up Murray for Lauri Markkanen. They're going young, and Murray is one of their keeper players. 16/7/5 with elite defense is damn nice. And his development was sidelined by the ACL tear, he can still improve at 24.

Spurs probably just sign Lauri without any deal from Chicago IMO. The only question is if the deal is cheap enough, maybe AK matches to trade Lauri in Nov for something back. In which case Spurs just pass. I don't see San Antonio giving up anything at all for Lauri.
sco
RealGM

Post#1813 » by sco » Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 pm

kodo wrote:When the Spurs were going after Vucevic at the deadline, they weren't going to give up Murray. So I can't see them giving up Murray for Lauri Markkanen. They're going young, and Murray is one of their keeper players. 16/7/5 with elite defense is damn nice. And his development was sidelined by the ACL tear, he can still improve at 24.

Spurs probably just sign Lauri without any deal from Chicago IMO. The only question is if the deal is cheap enough, maybe AK matches to trade Lauri in Nov for something back. In which case Spurs just pass. I don't see San Antonio giving up anything at all for Lauri.

I agree. That said, if I were SA, I would go get Olynyk instead of Lauri. He seems like more of a Pop guy.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#1814 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:59 pm

I don't think we are getting Murray, he is really good. Maybe Derrick White for Lauri though in a S&T
sco
RealGM

Post#1815 » by sco » Wed May 12, 2021 1:02 pm

Does anyone think White could fetch us a pick in the late teens/early 20's, maybe packaging with our 2nd?

The pick probably won't be a star, but I think there's more chance of that than White becoming one. He is ok, and still has upside, but I think it will take too long to see him get to a legit starting talent. What he is now seems replaceable by MLE guys.
sco
RealGM

Post#1816 » by sco » Wed May 12, 2021 1:15 pm

Saw this:
https://sports.yahoo.com/kendrick-perkins-marcus-smarts-time-000152116.html

I wonder if a deal of Young for Smart would make sense to both teams? (The $ work).

In the little I watched him this season, his playmaking skills have improved to "above average". His defense is exactly what we need. BD seems good at getting guys to improve shot selection.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,408

Post#1817 » by jump » Wed May 12, 2021 2:39 pm

sco wrote:Saw this:
https://sports.yahoo.com/kendrick-perkins-marcus-smarts-time-000152116.html

I wonder if a deal of Young for Smart would make sense to both teams? (The $ work).

In the little I watched him this season, his playmaking skills have improved to "above average". His defense is exactly what we need. BD seems good at getting guys to improve shot selection.

If all the things that article says are true, why would we want Smart? He makes bad decisions, he grates on his teammates, they are all exasperated by his play. No bueno. No thank you.
Belf
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#1818 » by Belf » Wed May 12, 2021 4:00 pm

I'm not sure that LaVine's value around the league is necessarily as high as some people think. And I'm way more of a "build a solid team and then try to get stars" type of guy, so.

Bulls get:
Terry Rozier, Miles Bridges, PJ Washington, 1st RP

Hornets get:
LaVine, Sato

Coby becomes backup PG with some SG minutes. And we end up with a pretty good wing rotation for once instead of our current "start 3 centers" line ups. I think Washington's game would really mesh well with Vuc too. Honestly we would become solid if unspectacular, but I'd be fine with "just solid" for a change. The Hornets create a Big 3 of Ball, LaVine, Hayward which I think they would probably jump at
sco
RealGM

Post#1819 » by sco » Wed May 12, 2021 4:48 pm

Belf wrote:I'm not sure that LaVine's value around the league is necessarily as high as some people think. And I'm way more of a "build a solid team and then try to get stars" type of guy, so.

Bulls get:
Terry Rozier, Miles Bridges, PJ Washington, 1st RP

Hornets get:
LaVine, Sato

Coby becomes backup PG with some SG minutes. And we end up with a pretty good wing rotation for once instead of our current "start 3 centers" line ups. I think Washington's game would really mesh well with Vuc too. Honestly we would become solid if unspectacular, but I'd be fine with "just solid" for a change. The Hornets create a Big 3 of Ball, LaVine, Hayward which I think they would probably jump at

Not that I'm a fan of it, but any Hornet deal for Lavine would need to include Ball.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#1820 » by pipfan » Wed May 12, 2021 8:19 pm

If we trade Lavine, it's because we moved up in the draft (maybe to #1) and decide to cash in and start over.

Return to Chicago Bulls