Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,217

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1861 » by Dan Z » Mon May 24, 2021 3:31 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:So its likely the 76ers have another disappointing postseason and Simmions and Embiid continue to struggle to play at a high level together. so with that in mind

Young, Sato, White, 2021 first (if we get it) and a future first for Simmons.

Simmons
Lavine
Williams
Vuc
Theis

Pretty insulting to not include Pat Williams for a top 20 player that hasn’t entered his prime yet.

Does this mean the #1 overall pick in 2021? I'd rather keep the picks (and Williams) then trade all that for Simmons.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1862 » by gobullschi » Mon May 24, 2021 4:34 am

What would it cost to bring the Young Bull & Larry Nance? Both would be good fits. Sexton can score and get to the free throw line and Nance helps cover for Vuc defensively.

The Cavs already have Garland at PG.

Collin Sexton / Coby White
Zach LaVine / Troy Brown Jr.
Patrick Williams / Troy Brown Jr.
Larry Nance / Thaddeus Young
Nikola Vucevic / Marko Simonovic
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1863 » by sco » Mon May 24, 2021 12:25 pm

gobullschi wrote:What would it cost to bring the Young Bull & Larry Nance? Both would be good fits. Sexton can score and get to the free throw line and Nance helps cover for Vuc defensively.

I think CLE wants those guys. I'm guessing it would cost us Lavine. PWill wouldn't get it done for even Sexton.
:clap:
RedVanVleet
Senior
And1: 628

Post#1864 » by RedVanVleet » Mon May 24, 2021 3:23 pm

What would a trade for Fred vanvleet look like? Assuming the raps would only be interested in P will?
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#1865 » by Am2626 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:41 pm

RedVanVleet wrote:What would a trade for Fred vanvleet look like? Assuming the raps would only be interested in P will?

Don’t think the Raptors are going to make him available. Why not just sign Lowry as a FA?
RedVanVleet
Senior
And1: 628

Post#1866 » by RedVanVleet » Mon May 24, 2021 3:56 pm

Am2626 wrote:
RedVanVleet wrote:What would a trade for Fred vanvleet look like? Assuming the raps would only be interested in P will?

Don’t think the Raptors are going to make him available. Why not just sign Lowry as a FA?

If raptors get cade or even suggs they cannot have lowry and fvv. Seems like overkill to me especially with decent depth already at the gaurd position. The obvious move is to move on from lowry but I'm exploring other options for Toronto such as resign Kyle to play along cade and try and strengthen the forward position by trading Fred. Just trying to see what his value is around the league. Seems like a good fit with the bulls beside lavine
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,362

Post#1867 » by drosestruts » Mon May 24, 2021 5:22 pm

gobullschi wrote:What would it cost to bring the Young Bull & Larry Nance? Both would be good fits. Sexton can score and get to the free throw line and Nance helps cover for Vuc defensively.

I was just thinking about these two players, and my guess is it would cost us taking on Kevin Love.

Aminu, Young, Sato and a S&T of Lauri for those 3 is the best idea I can come up with and Cleveland may still hang up on us. But we don't get those guys without eating Love's deal.

Sexton/White
LaVine/
Williams/Brown Jr
Nance/Love
Vuc/
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1868 » by gobullschi » Mon May 24, 2021 5:24 pm

There have been a bunch of reports that John Wall will eventually get bought-out. The Bulls should consider gambling on his health. He already proved that the Achilles injury didn’t effect his speed/quickness and the Bulls have Coby White to preserve his health throughout the season.

Chicago Receives:
John Wall & #23

Houston Receives:
Lauri Markkanen, Al Farouq-Aminu, & Tomas Satoransky

John Wall / Coby White
Thaddeus Young / Patrick Williams
Nikola Vucevic / Daniel Theis

+ 2021 1st (POR via HOU) & 2021 2nd
(I like Zhaire Williams & Isaiah Todd)

AK has shown he’s willing to gamble on players with health issues (MPJ). A healthy John Wall gives the Bulls a legit three headed monster with a stable of young talent (Williams, White, Brown Jr., Simonovic, & a couple draft picks)

John Wall has a successful track record with a player like Zach LaVine (Bradley Beal) and his contract expires at the same time as Bradley Beal, leaving the door open for a Billy Donovan - Bradley Beal reunion.

The Rockets are unlikely to start next season with three rookies, so attaching one to unload John Wall’s contract (avoid buyout situation) and add Lauri Markkanen to complete their front court makes a lot of sense.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1869 » by ChettheJet » Mon May 24, 2021 6:47 pm

That would be the big move, it does count on HOU wanting to shed salary with the 2 expiring contracts. If they wanted to try and put forward a respectable looking team I'd think they would want Young over Aminu.

On the court I think that would be a great move. Wall scored 20PPG this year but that was for a tanking team, if he scales back his shot taking some and passes the ball to Zach, Vuc and PW he'll up his assist totals.

Someone would have to show me how they can keep Young and and White and have money left to resign Theis. Even keeping Javonte Green and Devon Dotson for the minimum to be backup guards, it almost has to mean letting Temple go. Add to that, you can list Brown at 2 spots but they're very thin at the SF position.

On the balance sheet I think it costs the Bulls a lot of money in the luxury tax. But if they can bring back Theis it is a contending team
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,828

Post#1870 » by TheSuzerain » Mon May 24, 2021 7:14 pm

ChettheJet wrote:That would be the big move, it does count on HOU wanting to shed salary with the 2 expiring contracts. If they wanted to try and put forward a respectable looking team I'd think they would want Young over Aminu.

On the court I think that would be a great move. Wall scored 20PPG this year but that was for a tanking team, if he scales back his shot taking some and passes the ball to Zach, Vuc and PW he'll up his assist totals.

Someone would have to show me how they can keep Young and and White and have money left to resign Theis. Even keeping Javonte Green and Devon Dotson for the minimum to be backup guards, it almost has to mean letting Temple go. Add to that, you can list Brown at 2 spots but they're very thin at the SF position.

On the balance sheet I think it costs the Bulls a lot of money in the luxury tax. But if they can bring back Theis it is a contending team

Contending for what? The play-in?
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1871 » by gobullschi » Mon May 24, 2021 8:01 pm

ChettheJet wrote:That would be the big move, it does count on HOU wanting to shed salary with the 2 expiring contracts. If they wanted to try and put forward a respectable looking team I'd think they would want Young over Aminu.

Agreed. There have already been stories published about John Wall being a buy-out candidate, so I suspect Rockets ownership would prefer to move him for expirings than pay him for nothing. I know they talked about valuing Walls leadership though.

The Rockets record with John Wall was 12-28. Their record without him was 4-21. Unloading his contract to complete their front court of the future (Lauri Markkanen with Christian Wood), but also avoiding the possibility of winning too many games next season is the best way to ensure a successful rebuild. (something GarPax failed to do) Plus, with their new GM entering his first full season, he won’t be pressured to compete right out of the gate and their fan base is probably eager for another top draft pick.

Most NBA teams don’t have great depth at every position and the Bulls would still have the first round pick from the deal and their own second round pick to add depth. If healthy, I do think this team would be built to compete and still have plenty of young talent to develop.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#1872 » by Am2626 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:32 pm

RedVanVleet wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

If raptors get cade or even suggs they cannot have lowry and fvv. Seems like overkill to me especially with decent depth already at the gaurd position. The obvious move is to move on from lowry but I'm exploring other options for Toronto such as resign Kyle to play along cade and try and strengthen the forward position by trading Fred. Just trying to see what his value is around the league. Seems like a good fit with the bulls beside lavine

If the Raptors get a top 4 pick they will have 5 elite prospects to choose from. Why wouldn’t they look at Mobley, Jalen Green, or Kuminga and just keep their guards?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,154

Post#1873 » by HomoSapien » Mon May 24, 2021 9:59 pm

gobullschi wrote:There have been a bunch of reports that John Wall will eventually get bought-out. The Bulls should consider gambling on his health. He already proved that the Achilles injury didn’t effect his speed/quickness and the Bulls have Coby White to preserve his health throughout the season.

Chicago Receives:
John Wall & #23

Houston Receives:

John Wall / Coby White

AK has shown he’s willing to gamble on players with health issues (MPJ). A healthy John Wall gives the Bulls a legit three headed monster with a stable of young talent (Williams, White, Brown Jr., Simonovic, & a couple draft picks)

John Wall has a successful track record with a player like Zach LaVine (Bradley Beal) and his contract expires at the same time as Bradley Beal, leaving the door open for a Billy Donovan - Bradley Beal reunion.

The Rockets are unlikely to start next season with three rookies, so attaching one to unload John Wall’s contract (avoid buyout situation) and add Lauri Markkanen to complete their front court makes a lot of sense.

I thought Wall looked good out there this season, but it just feels like he has a vibe around him that doesn't scream winner. That said, I would be open to considering it depending on what happens in the summer.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#1874 » by Am2626 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:08 pm

gobullschi wrote:There have been a bunch of reports that John Wall will eventually get bought-out. The Bulls should consider gambling on his health. He already proved that the Achilles injury didn’t effect his speed/quickness and the Bulls have Coby White to preserve his health throughout the season.

Chicago Receives:
John Wall & #23

Houston Receives:

John Wall / Coby White

If Wall gets bought out why can’t the Bulls just sign him as a FA?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1875 » by ChettheJet » Mon May 24, 2021 10:19 pm

OK so there was this about what teams need to make a blockbuster trade

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2943546-nba-teams-that-need-a-blockbuster-trade-before-next-season

which one sentence touching on the Bulls says

But the Warriors should absolutely be blowing up the phone lines in Chicago (Zach LaVine) and Washington (Bradley Beal).

So by what this guy writes GSW get the Bulls' phone number what can they offer

Provided they get the MINN pick, Wiseman, Paschall and a future pick? They don't have much more to deal.

I don't see them taking Wiggins unless they get something really sweet in a S&T for Markkanen OR they keep Lauri who starts up front with PW and Vuc. Wiseman takes that backup C role Paschall the backup PF any two of Vuc, Wiseman and Pashall at times playing at the same time with 3 guards maybe. and they need to trade Thad Young possibly for a PG

Could the Bulls get enough for Lavine?
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1876 » by gobullschi » Mon May 24, 2021 10:40 pm

Am2626 wrote:

Chicago Receives:
John Wall & #23

Houston Receives:

John Wall / Coby White

If Wall gets bought out why can’t the Bulls just sign him as a FA?

I doubt they actually buy him out and if they did, it would probably be next year at the earliest. Unlike Blake Griffin, Wall can still play at a high level.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,772

Post#1877 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon May 24, 2021 11:32 pm

sco wrote:

I think CLE wants those guys. I'm guessing it would cost us Lavine. PWill wouldn't get it done for even Sexton.

LaVine for Sexton/Nance? That’s laughable.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1878 » by sco » Wed May 26, 2021 1:58 pm

So are there any allstar talents we think we could land with some combo of White, Williams, Brown, Thad and Sato?
:clap:
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#1879 » by pipfan » Wed May 26, 2021 4:27 pm

Bulls get the #1-Cunningham

Lavine/Vuc for Wiseman/Wiggins/Minny pick/#14 pick
Would you do it?

Cunningham/White
Wiggins/White
Williams/Brown
Lauri/Williams
Wiseman/Vet big/Simonovic
Plus the #14 to play with

Would you do it?

GS goes for it with Curry/Lavine/Thompson/Green/Vuc
Nate3carp
Senior
And1: 128

Post#1880 » by Nate3carp » Thu May 27, 2021 4:31 am

pipfan wrote:Bulls get the #1-Cunningham

Lavine/Vuc for Wiseman/Wiggins/Minny pick/#14 pick
Would you do it?

Cunningham/White
Wiggins/White
Williams/Brown
Lauri/Williams
Wiseman/Vet big/Simonovic
Plus the #14 to play with

Would you do it?

GS goes for it with Curry/Lavine/Thompson/Green/Vuc

Not enough. Vuc just went for 2 top 4 picks, so he can’t now only go for one (I’m assuming Lavine would go for Wiseman and Minny pick by himself).

Return to Chicago Bulls