Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,081

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#41 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Feb 3, 2021 7:25 pm

WYO wrote:Why are you all so obsessed with giving Zach away for crap? He's a top 10 scorer in the league entering his prime. Selling for Wiggins and a 5-10 pick is awful.

Hey, I love Zach but I don't really see this team going anywhere.

U can't depend on Lauri.

WCJ & Coby are inconsistent

Zach is wasting another year if the ship doesn't get righted THIS season (aka a major trade/legit vet added)

I don't see it.
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#42 » by WYO » Wed Feb 3, 2021 8:18 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
WYO wrote:Why are you all so obsessed with giving Zach away for crap? He's a top 10 scorer in the league entering his prime. Selling for Wiggins and a 5-10 pick is awful.

Hey, I love Zach but I don't really see this team going anywhere.

U can't depend on Lauri.

WCJ & Coby are inconsistent

Zach is wasting another year if the ship doesn't get righted THIS season (aka a major trade/legit vet added)

I don't see it.

I don't see it either, but giving Zach away is a terrible idea. You're better off riding out another contract with him than giving him up for a bad contract and a 5-10 pick in the next draft. Every player on this roster is available at the right price.

The Warriors could get desperate with Green and Curry getting old plus Thompson's injuries. If they do then take advantage of that. These injuries plus covid are creating a luxury tax nightmare for GSW. If they want to go all in to get the most out of Curry's next few years then let them pay dearly to do so.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#43 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Feb 3, 2021 8:21 pm

ChettheJet wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Showcase Coby White & Wendell Carter Jr. for the rest of the season and move them at the draft for another young asset or a pick/s

Rebuild around Patrick Williams & future assets.

Get the 2nd guy in the 2021 draft

The 3rd in the 2022 draft

Use the assets we currently have to build a strong future under AK, Eversley & Billy D.

PG 2021 Minne pick
SG Wiggins / Valentine
SF Patrick Williams / Valentine
PF 2021 Bulls pick
C 2022 Bulls pick / Gafford / Simonovic

How much younger are the assets replacing Carter and White? I mean falling in love with players who you've seen in one year of college ball as freshmen over those with 2 and 3 years on your roster is not a plan it's just banking on wishes and dreams and you ain't getting a pony for Christmas.

calling 2021 prospects crap is just dishonest. building around pw is one viable scenario since he is a rookie you have 4 yrs left to rebuild. this is the only scenario i keep both white, carter to get picks.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#44 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Feb 3, 2021 8:26 pm

WYO wrote:
I don't see it either, but giving Zach away is a terrible idea. You're better off riding out another contract with him than giving him up for a bad contract and a 5-10 pick in the next draft. Every player on this roster is available at the right price.

The Warriors could get desperate with Green and Curry getting old plus Thompson's injuries. If they do then take advantage of that. These injuries plus covid are creating a luxury tax nightmare for GSW. If they want to go all in to get the most out of Curry's next few years then let them pay dearly to do so.

How is it terrible? AK just wasted Felicio amt of cap space by not resigning Lauri. You have now both guys making close to 60% of the cap which makes signing 2 max agents impossible. Waiting on other teams to give up stars is not a reliable strategy esp when the East is stacked with Nets looking like a dynasty. Nets first round probably a 4-0 sweep.
The Bulls FA hope went to 0 with trading away Butler. Butler could have gotten Kyrie but Lavine is getting no one.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#45 » by MisterRoy » Wed Feb 3, 2021 8:37 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:The Bulls FA hope went to 0 with trading away Butler. Butler could have gotten Kyrie but Lavine is getting no one.

I don't this is necessarily accurate. We weren't in a position to sign anyone super significant last off-season and this off-season, the one after what appears to be a great year for Zach, hasn't even happened yet.

You've made it obvious that you do not care for Zach on the Bulls but I think it makes sense to give him a chance to recruit before making that statement.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#46 » by mtron32 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 11:18 pm

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:Bulls Receive:
Siakam
Lowry
+ salary filler

Raptors receive:
Porter
Markkanen
WCJ
Sato
Felicio
plus some kind of protected pick as well

Raptors get younger with a core of VanVleet/Powell/Anunoby/Markkanen/Carter. Probably not enough for the raptors to part with Siakam, they would have to really like Lauri.

Bulls get out of worrying about paying Lauri and buy low on Siakam where he can be more of a true 2nd option to Zach. We get a stopgap vet PG and roll with Lowry/LaVine/Williams/Siakam with Coby off the bench and then sign/draft a center next year.

For Siakam and old as dirt Lawry? Why on earth would AK give up all those assets for these guys?
mtron32
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by mtron32 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 11:25 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
WYO wrote:

How is it terrible? AK just wasted Felicio amt of cap space by not resigning Lauri. You have now both guys making close to 60% of the cap which makes signing 2 max agents impossible. Waiting on other teams to give up stars is not a reliable strategy esp when the East is stacked with Nets looking like a dynasty. Nets first round probably a 4-0 sweep.
The Bulls FA hope went to 0 with trading away Butler. Butler could have gotten Kyrie but Lavine is getting no one.

How do you know this? LaVine is well liked around the league and his skills and work ethic are apparent, he could definitely get another player to come here. You know who comes here with no Zack? No one. We had this same debate when people were itching to sell Jimmy away, it took us years to get a player his level at that time and he actually improved afterwards, meanwhile the Bulls were still looking for wings.

It's not easy to replace a dude that scores 25ppg in his sleep and people think Wiggins is the answer? AKME is going to have to fleece someone in order for a LaVine trade to make sense and that JUST for LaVine. The problem is that any picks coming from a contender is worth nothing and the bottom feeders aren't looking to lose assets.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#48 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Wed Feb 3, 2021 11:48 pm

Most likley we cannot build arround only Zach and Lauri we need to add them superstar or at least all star in his prime to be their number one (Simmons,Beal,maybe Morant in future, Oladipo is most realistic), but we defintevly cannot build arround White and Carter. They are more projected like complementary bench pieces. PWill can maybe be the guy, but he needs 3 or 4 years to fully develope. I would love Simmons on Bulls, with possibility of keeping Zach and Lauri.
mtron32
Assistant Coach

Post#49 » by mtron32 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 1:03 am

I'd like the see the Bulls make a move to acquire Rubio form Minny, Slide him into the starter position and let Coby come off the Bench with Sato again. Send them Otto, and a 2nd
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#50 » by LateNight » Thu Feb 4, 2021 1:53 am

Someone like Drummond would really help this team. We need length, rebounding and defense at C
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,018

Post#51 » by Chi town » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:33 am

Thad for Jalen Brunson

Mavs have Burke at backup PG. Thad would really help Mavs make a run for the playoffs.

Bulls get their Monte Morris type of starter/backup PG that can play very smart and win games. Brunson is high IQ and he’s a competitor.

Losing Thad would hurt us until WCJ is back for sure.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:47 am

Pointguard and center. Rubio,Drummond,Noel,Brunson,Ball,Plumlle, Rose i am in. Send Porter,Sato,Hutch,Valentine,Temple,2 rounder. If not enough White,Carter. In emergency Young,Lauri. If tanking send Zach for picks. Keepers are at least for now PWill,Zach,Lauri,Young. second tier keepers Carter,White(omg), Gafford. Keepers are changable if tanking is goal. In that case only Williams is safe for now.
MisterRoy
Veteran

NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#53 » by MisterRoy » Thu Feb 4, 2021 12:07 pm

Just thinking...it might take more than OPJ to get Drummond. Clevand has a good 2-headed monster thing going with Drummond and Allen. It might take some talent to pry him.

So, what do we give up to get him, providing he agrees to some extension?

Do you go OPJ/Carter/Lottery Protected 2022 frp for Drummond/McGee (to match salaries)?

gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#54 » by gobullschi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 1:23 pm

MisterRoy wrote:Just thinking...it might take more than OPJ to get Drummond. Clevand has a good 2-headed monster thing going with Drummond and Allen. It might take some talent to pry him.

Do you go OPJ/Carter/Lottery Protected 2022 frp for Drummond/McGee (to match salaries)?

Don’t trade young players and/or draft picks. It’s either a OPJ for Drummond swap or wait until the offseason and sign him.
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#55 » by WYO » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:58 pm

gobullschi wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:Just thinking...it might take more than OPJ to get Drummond. Clevand has a good 2-headed monster thing going with Drummond and Allen. It might take some talent to pry him.

Don’t trade young players and/or draft picks. It’s either a OPJ for Drummond swap or wait until the offseason and sign him.

How about nothing for Drummond? The dude doesn't win. Whiteside got paid in peanuts this off-season and some fans want to trade a shooter for a similar player.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#56 » by gobullschi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:19 pm

WYO wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

How about nothing for Drummond? The dude doesn't win. Whiteside got paid in peanuts this off-season and some fans want to trade a shooter for a similar player.

I hate the ‘doesn’t win’ argument. Look around in today’s NBA. Guys need talent around them to win games and their teammates need to be healthy.

The Bulls lost last night and that had nothing to do with Zach LaVine not being a good player. Basketball is a TEAM game and his teammates didn’t do enough to win.

Coby White shot 4-13
Lauri Markkanen 3-8
OPJ and WCJ out with injuries.

Who has Andre Drummond had on his team that can help him win? An always injured Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson?, an always injured Kevin Love, etc. These over simplifications as ‘he’s just not good enough to win’ is complete BS.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#57 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:33 pm

We need good players, no matter of position, age, trade, draft, sign fa, sign undrafteed players. We need major retool. Get rid of White,Carter,Porter,Satoransky,Temple,Valentine,Hutchinson,Felicio,Kornet,Arcidiacono,Mokoka. So many better, cheaper,younger,athlethic,experienced players. We need better core, better young players, better veterans, better role players. First rounders,second rounders,undrafteed,reclamation projects,euroleague,g league. From top of my head i can name atleast 10 players who are cheaper, available and with more upside than current roster. Not gonna lie Ak disappointed me with his innactive apporoach and returning same roster besides Shaq,Dunn and Temple as only signing. Appoining White as future pg was questonable decision from start. I expected more, this is same old crap Paxson and Forman have done majority of the time.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#58 » by gobullschi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:00 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:We need good players, no matter of position, age, trade, draft, sign fa, sign undrafteed players. We need major retool. Get rid of White,Carter,Porter,Satoransky,Temple,Valentine,Hutchinson,Felicio,Kornet,Arcidiacono,Mokoka. So many better, cheaper,younger,athlethic,experienced players. We need better core, better young players, better veterans, better role players. First rounders,second rounders,undrafteed,reclamation projects,euroleague,g league. From top of my head i can name atleast 10 players who are cheaper, available and with more upside than current roster. Not gonna lie Ak disappointed me with his innactive apporoach and returning same roster besides Shaq,Dunn and Temple as only signing. Appoining White as future pg was questonable decision from start. I expected more, this is same old crap Paxson and Forman have done majority of the time.

I don’t think the Bulls need to ‘get rid’ of all the players you listed, especially a cheap vet like Temple. There is definitely a balance between vets and youth needed for development purposes.

The Bulls definitely need to make a significant upgrade in talent and if an opportunity presents itself, no one should be off the table besides LaVine.

I don’t have a problem with AK being patient. Guys like Markkanen and WCJ needed time to recoup some of their trade value so he’s not selling for pennies on the dollar.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#59 » by gobullschi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:11 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
WYO wrote:The Bulls FA hope went to 0 with trading away Butler. Butler could have gotten Kyrie but Lavine is getting no one.

Butler being moved had more to do with the Super Max than anything else (IMO).
MisterRoy
Veteran

Post#60 » by MisterRoy » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:26 pm

Before equating AK to GarPax, he has to see what he has with a real coach. We are seeing this now. Half or a whole season to make an appropriate evaluation and then come the changes.

Return to Chicago Bulls