Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#61 » by aramada » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:31 pm

Oladipo is reported available. I’d rather have him than Beal
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#62 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:38 pm

Drummond would be solid but the rumor is that he'll be asking for a buyout soon to join the Nets.

I'm all for upgrading the center position. Steven Adams would be fantastic, I'm just not sure the Pels have interest in moving him. Though I would be willing to offer a protected 22' 1st for both Adams and Ball
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#63 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:41 pm

aramada wrote:Oladipo is reported available. I’d rather have him than Beal

He'll probably find his way to Miami.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#64 » by Chi town » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:41 pm

Oladipo could be signed as a FA and he does playmake and play D. I just don’t know how that would work w the starters? Zach the PG? Dipo the PG?

Dipo makes a lot more sense as he won’t cost draft picks etc. still don’t know if he solves our playmaking problem. He helps though. I like that he’s 2 way and a superb athlete too. He’s unselfish too.
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,615

Post#65 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:42 pm

It's the same problem as Beal though, both Oladipo and LaVine are SGs who aren't particularly suited to any other position. How does that work?
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#66 » by gobullschi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:43 pm

Chi town wrote:

Oladipo could be signed as a FA and he does playmake and play D. I just don’t know how that would work w the starters? Zach the PG? Dipo the PG?

Dipo makes a lot more sense as he won’t cost draft picks etc. still don’t know if he solves our playmaking problem. He helps though. I like that he’s 2 way and a superb athlete too. He’s unselfish too.

I would love Oladipo on the Bulls, but he’s been rumored to Miami for a while now. Hard to compete with no income tax and warm weather.
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,615

Post#67 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:43 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:Drummond would be solid but the rumor is that he'll be asking for a buyout soon to join the Nets.

I'm all for upgrading the center position. Steven Adams would be fantastic, I'm just not sure the Pels have interest in moving him. Though I would be willing to offer a protected 22' 1st for both Adams and Ball

If he goes to the Nets via buyout, he'd be on a minimum contract and they wouldn't have his bird rights, so they wouldn't be able to pay him anything in the offseason. So he could go to the Nets but it would likely be just for this season, then he'd still be UFA in the summer looking to get paid, which the Nets wouldn't be able to do.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#68 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:45 pm

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:

It's the same problem as Beal though, both Oladipo and LaVine are SGs who aren't particularly suited to any other position. How does that work?
ok how does it work with White and Lavine. Every competent gm know White as pg is joke. To answer your question significantly better offensively and defensively than White and Lavine.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#69 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:51 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:We need good players, no matter of position, age, trade, draft, sign fa, sign undrafteed players. We need major retool. Get rid of White,Carter,Porter,Satoransky,Temple,Valentine,Hutchinson,Felicio,Kornet,Arcidiacono,Mokoka. So many better, cheaper,younger,athlethic,experienced players. We need better core, better young players, better veterans, better role players. First rounders,second rounders,undrafteed,reclamation projects,euroleague,g league. From top of my head i can name atleast 10 players who are cheaper, available and with more upside than current roster. Not gonna lie Ak disappointed me with his innactive apporoach and returning same roster besides Shaq,Dunn and Temple as only signing. Appoining White as future pg was questonable decision from start. I expected more, this is same old crap Paxson and Forman have done majority of the time.

I don’t think the Bulls need to ‘get rid’ of all the players you listed, especially a cheap vet like Temple. There is definitely a balance between vets and youth needed for development purposes.

The Bulls definitely need to make a significant upgrade in talent and if an opportunity presents itself, no one should be off the table besides LaVine.

I don’t have a problem with AK being patient. Guys like Markkanen and WCJ needed time to recoup some of their trade value so he’s not selling for pennies on the dollar.
Lavine should be dealt first while his value is highest. Evalauating Coby White as pg is wasting time. Guy just doesnt have that. I would rather evaluate Dotson as pg for half season than White. He have higher potential for pg. Why dont we evaluate Luke Kornet as starting center for a season. Why are we giving that chance to White? What did he do, achieve as pointguard in his life. For me he is not talented enough or at all to justifay that kind of award. Because he was given position, he didnt earned a damn thing in the Nba.
aramada
Analyst

Post#70 » by aramada » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:52 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Chi town wrote:

Dipo makes a lot more sense as he won’t cost draft picks etc. still don’t know if he solves our playmaking problem. He helps though. I like that he’s 2 way and a superb athlete too. He’s unselfish too.[/quoted]

I would love Oladipo on the Bulls, but he’s been rumored to Miami for a while now. Hard to compete with no income tax and warm weather.

True. But his bird rights have value - we can offer more than Miami or get something in a S&T
In the meantime, we show him love and try to make a run in the playoffs with him.
Oladipo would be our primary guard defender, with Williams our primary forward defender
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#71 » by gobullschi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:57 pm

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:

The traditional point guard is becoming less and less important in the NBA now that teams are using other positions to help facilitate. Point guards just need to have some playmaking ability, but I’d argue being able to handle and shoot the ball are more important.

Also, coaches have developed systems to help with this. Focus on adding ‘high end talent’ and then figure out how to make it work with ancillary pieces.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#72 » by gobullschi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 6:00 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:We need good players, no matter of position, age, trade, draft, sign fa, sign undrafteed players. We need major retool. Get rid of White,Carter,Porter,Satoransky,Temple,Valentine,Hutchinson,Felicio,Kornet,Arcidiacono,Mokoka. So many better, cheaper,younger,athlethic,experienced players. We need better core, better young players, better veterans, better role players. First rounders,second rounders,undrafteed,reclamation projects,euroleague,g league. From top of my head i can name atleast 10 players who are cheaper, available and with more upside than current roster. Not gonna lie Ak disappointed me with his innactive apporoach and returning same roster besides Shaq,Dunn and Temple as only signing. Appoining White as future pg was questonable decision from start. I expected more, this is same old crap Paxson and Forman have done majority of the time.

I don’t think the Bulls need to ‘get rid’ of all the players you listed, especially a cheap vet like Temple. There is definitely a balance between vets and youth needed for development purposes.

The Bulls definitely need to make a significant upgrade in talent and if an opportunity presents itself, no one should be off the table besides LaVine.

I don’t have a problem with AK being patient. Guys like Markkanen and WCJ needed time to recoup some of their trade value so he’s not selling for pennies on the dollar.
Lavine should be dealt first while his value is highest. Evalauating Coby White as pg is wasting time. Guy just doesnt have that. I would rather evaluate Dotson as pg for half season than White. He have higher potential for pg. Why dont we evaluate Luke Kornet as starting center for a season. Why are we giving that chance to White? What did he do, achieve as pointguard in his life. For me he is not talented enough or at all to justifay that kind of award. Because he was given position, he didnt earned a damn thing in the Nba.

100% disagree with everything said here.
aramada
Analyst

Post#73 » by aramada » Thu Feb 4, 2021 6:00 pm

TYoung is our point guard. We don’t need one :lol:
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#74 » by leo921 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 6:33 pm

Crazy idea but what about John Wall? He is looking very good and you know that he would make Lavine and Lauri look amazing. He has been healthy this year and shooting 37% on 3s, plus you know he can D up and is a good playmaker. Downside is 2 more years of 40m
but a lineup of Wall/Lavine/Williams/lauri/Carter with White/Garrett/Valentine/Young Gafford off the bench can really do some damage.

Trade would be something like Otto/Sato/Hutch for Wall
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#75 » by Jiipee84 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 6:46 pm

;feature=emb_title
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#76 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:30 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

Hard to disagree with results this year and last three years, defensive ratings and all other impact stats. Lavine is volume scorer that dont affect winning. White is worst starting point guard in Nba today. Even lot of backup pointguards are way better. They are worst defensive backcourt in the league today. Zero 30 wins with Zach as main guy in 4 years.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#77 » by gobullschi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:57 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote: Lavine should be dealt first while his value is highest. Evalauating Coby White as pg is wasting time. Guy just doesnt have that. I would rather evaluate Dotson as pg for half season than White. He have higher potential for pg. Why dont we evaluate Luke Kornet as starting center for a season. Why are we giving that chance to White? What did he do, achieve as pointguard in his life. For me he is not talented enough or at all to justifay that kind of award. Because he was given position, he didnt earned a damn thing in the Nba.

Hard to disagree with results this year and last three years, defensive ratings and all other impact stats. Lavine is volume scorer that dont affect winning. White is worst starting point guard in Nba today. Even lot of backup pointguards are way better. They are worst defensive backcourt in the league today. Zero 30 wins with Zach as main guy in 4 years.

First, let's chill on the 'results' for this year because they're 3 wins away from being the 8th seed. We knew going into the season that the Bulls had a very difficult early schedule and they've been missing a bunch of guys from COVID or contact tracing. Our starting center being injured doesn't help either. This Bulls team is playing on a much higher level than the previous years - that's obvious.

Enough with this dumb narrative that LaVine "doesn't effect winning". The problem is not Zach LaVine, the problem is that the rest of the Bulls roster hasn't matured/refined their games enough and/or they haven't been healthy. The Bulls second best player isn't as good as a lot of playoff teams third best player.

You need to put a player's age into context if you're going to compare a 20 year old Coby White to the rest of the NBA. He's transitioning from a shooting guard to a point guard and he's only played 20 games in a completely new system. He's clearly shown improvement facilitating the ball compared to his rookie season. What did he do to jusify the starting point guard role? He beat Tomas Satoransky for the job LAST YEAR. Dotson? Are you serious? Luke Kornet? C'mon
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#78 » by ChettheJet » Thu Feb 4, 2021 8:35 pm

leo921 wrote:Crazy idea but what about John Wall? He is looking very good and you know that he would make Lavine and Lauri look amazing. He has been healthy this year and shooting 37% on 3s, plus you know he can D up and is a good playmaker. Downside is 2 more years of 40m
but a lineup of Wall/Lavine/Williams/lauri/Carter with White/Garrett/Valentine/Young Gafford off the bench can really do some damage.

Trade would be something like Otto/Sato/Hutch for Wall

After you get HOU to agree to that return then you can start to figure out how the Bulls proceed as Wall gets $132M over the next three years. Are they going to be able to resign Lavine and then what about Markkanen now and, Carter, White come up for qualifying offers? The wallet will be empty and it will be devastating if they haven't won a title by then

I would be much more inclined to sign 2 FAs for the same amount that Wall would cost and create a deep rotation than put it all on him.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#79 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Thu Feb 4, 2021 8:38 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

First, let's chill on the 'results' for this year because they're 3 wins away from being the 8th seed. We knew going into the season that the Bulls had a very difficult early schedule and they've been missing a bunch of guys from COVID or contact tracing. Our starting center being injured doesn't help either. This Bulls team is playing on a much higher level than the previous years - that's obvious.

Enough with this dumb narrative that LaVine "doesn't effect winning". The problem is not Zach LaVine, the problem is that the rest of the Bulls roster hasn't matured/refined their games enough and/or they haven't been healthy. The Bulls second best player isn't as good as a lot of playoff teams third best player.

You need to put a player's age into context if you're going to compare a 20 year old Coby White to the rest of the NBA. He's transitioning from a shooting guard to a point guard and he's only played 20 games in a completely new system. He's clearly shown improvement facilitating the ball compared to his rookie season. What did he do to jusify the starting point guard role? He beat Tomas Satoransky for the job LAST YEAR. Dotson? Are you serious? Luke Kornet? C'mon
I am dead serious about Dotson. Van Vleet was undrafted pg from Rockford look at him now. I found video of Dotson dominating White two or three years ago, in more significant fashion Payton did yesterday. Miami fired 4 pick Waiters to make room for undrafted Nunn and Duncan Robinson. Dotson except shooting is better player than White in every basketball category. Kornet is just an example, because he havent done anything in league just like Coby.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#80 » by LateNight » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:33 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

Lavine is volume scorer that dont affect winning. White is worst starting point guard in Nba today. Even lot of backup pointguards are way better.

You're saying Thad Young isn't as good as most playoff teams' third best player?

Return to Chicago Bulls