Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#621 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:25 pm

LateNight wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:If you got a 1st for thad you can take him. Would help our package if we decide to make a run at beal or KAT etc. If not we can keep him even for next year for cheap.

at this point, I would rather keep Thad. And I’d much rather keep him than have KAT.

Thad makes everyone better (on an affordable contract) - KAT seems to do the opposite (on a max contract).

Quite honestly, this is the perfect time to nab a guy of KAT caliber. If he was once again considered the best big in the league we would have to gut the team to get him.

And I know many are down on him but I ain't crazy. KaT is still a star. You just have to put the right kind of pieces around him but him and lavine would be a hell of a duo in the east. And not many stars are going to be on the move sometimes you have to get what's available and then work it the best from there. If KAT gets on the market we def should make a play.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#622 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 pm

TheHrvReport wrote:I thought it was a little odd that Donovan mentioned he has a pre-trade deadline meeting coming up with AK to discuss the status of the team. These things are usually not made public until after the fact. I don't see AK making any major trades especially since the morale of the team is high at this point with how close we are to a playoff spot. It's a tough situation, do you continue to build the young cores confidence and our record in hopes of clinching a playoff birth or do you acquire assets for the vets even though that likely means this team will bottom out (the young core has proven they can't do it on their own) ?

Well, we have Otto Porter and Felicio's large expiring contracts and neither is part of the team's recent success. We also have the Hutchison situation to figure out, and I think most here believe that we'll eventually have to decide between Carter and Lauri (or keep neither). Right now the momentum is mostly on the shoulders of LaVine, Young, and Temple. As long as those three remain, I think our confidence will stay intact.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#623 » by Pax for Prez » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:14 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
TheHrvReport wrote:I thought it was a little odd that Donovan mentioned he has a pre-trade deadline meeting coming up with AK to discuss the status of the team. These things are usually not made public until after the fact. I don't see AK making any major trades especially since the morale of the team is high at this point with how close we are to a playoff spot. It's a tough situation, do you continue to build the young cores confidence and our record in hopes of clinching a playoff birth or do you acquire assets for the vets even though that likely means this team will bottom out (the young core has proven they can't do it on their own) ?

Well, we have Otto Porter and Felicio's large expiring contracts and neither is part of the team's recent success. We also have the Hutchison situation to figure out, and I think most here believe that we'll eventually have to decide between Carter and Lauri (or keep neither). Right now the momentum is mostly on the shoulders of LaVine, Young, and Temple. As long as those three remain, I think our confidence will stay intact.

I can see the Bulls making a minor move for a backup C (like a R. Lopez, Nemanja Bjelica, or Hassan Whiteside)
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#624 » by TheHrvReport » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:41 pm

HomoSapien wrote:

I think we'll be OK if we maintain a veteran presence but if we deal Thad, Otto and Sato we are going to be a sinking ship and I don't think Lavine or most fans will be happy about that given this is the most competitive we've been in years.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#625 » by HomoSapien » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 am

TheHrvReport wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

I think we'll be OK if we maintain a veteran presence but if we deal Thad, Otto and Sato we are going to be a sinking ship and I don't think Lavine or most fans will be happy about that given this is the most competitive we've been in years.

Do you consider Otto part of that group? He was initially playing pretty well, but he’s missed like 12 games and reportedly may be out till the All-Star break. I think we’d be better off taking a gamble on someone like Drummond than hoping Porter can come back and stay healthy.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#626 » by LateNight » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:00 am

HomoSapien wrote:
TheHrvReport wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

Do you consider Otto part of that group? He was initially playing pretty well, but he’s missed like 12 games and reportedly may be out till the All-Star break. I think we’d be better off taking a gamble on someone like Drummond than hoping Porter can come back and stay healthy.

Otto certainly seems like the odd man out on that list
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#627 » by Nikola » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 am

White, next years first, and filler to Sacramento for Haliburton, and Joseph or Barnes.

I don't like the idea of trading firsts as much as the next guy. But this team is a solid floor leader away from making the playoffs. I also just don't see who else we are going to find to play point. Sacramento might say no anyway. But I don't see how they are ever going to get the most out of both him and Fox, not to say they won't be good together.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#628 » by sco » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:26 am

How about Hutch or our 2nd rounder for Nwaba? He has added a little offense to that monster defense.
:clap:
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#629 » by TheHrvReport » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:41 am

HomoSapien wrote:
TheHrvReport wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

He certainly plays like one of the best players on the team when healthy but unfortunately never is. I think theres a small chance he can come back sooner rather than later and build up his trade value but not sure which team could potentially take on that contract.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#630 » by LateNight » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:50 am

TheHrvReport wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
TheHrvReport wrote:I think we'll be OK if we maintain a veteran presence but if we deal Thad, Otto and Sato we are going to be a sinking ship and I don't think Lavine or most fans will be happy about that given this is the most competitive we've been in years.

He certainly plays like one of the best players on the team when healthy but unfortunately never is. I think theres a small chance he can come back sooner rather than later and build up his trade value but not sure which team could potentially take on that contract.

I have always assumed his value is mostly as an expiring deal. Seems like too big of a contract to help most contenders
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#631 » by StunnerKO » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:45 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#632 » by Dez » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:42 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Absolutely not, they'd have to trade Luka to us with him for me to accept him.

Stay away, stay far far away.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#633 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:53 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Hell no.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#634 » by kodo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:30 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

"It looks like it's impossible for him to get in a stance. He looks like a scarecrow out there," one Western Conference executive said. "You don't expect him to necessarily be great from the jump, but I've watched Porzingis a couple of times this year, and I'm not sure the guy can guard anybody."

Oof, not something you want to hear about your center and defensive anchor.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,436

Post#635 » by aguifs » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:41 am

Lauri is the guy out...

If you have a good offer for him, you do it.
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#636 » by erlim » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:04 am

aguifs wrote:Lauri is the guy out...

I don’t think anybody is going to offer us any fair return.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#637 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:16 am

erlim wrote:
aguifs wrote:Lauri is the guy out...

I don’t think anybody is going to offer us any fair return.

This. I dont think also that anybody is offering anything for Lauri, WCJ or Coby worthwhile. Our prospects arent really searched merchandise. I think still best assets we have are our picks to get something good in return.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#638 » by StunnerKO » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#639 » by sco » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:42 pm

What about Sato/Otto/Felicio/Hutch and 2 2nd rounders for Wall/Nwaba?

Would help their tank, hugely free up salary for them and give them a some young guys to look at. Wall and Nwaba could be meaningful adds if we have playoff ambitions.
:clap:
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#640 » by chefo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:49 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'd send WCJ, Otto and a 1st or two and not think twice. They're going easy on him with the minutes and dude just came back... and he's already at 25 & 10 per 36, with a 58% TS%, just getting his wind back. Before he went down in the bubble, he was absolutely crushing it, AD-style.

When he gets his rhythm back, dude can easily remain a 21 & 8 player on O, but more importantly when he's healthy, he changes a lot of shots on D. Yeah, I read the article his legs are now so stiff he can't guard a chair any more. He'll get better--he didn't have a career ending injury. Our drop coverage may actually work with a long and fairly mobile 7'3 manning the middle.

Replacing WCJ with an anchor with legit size who can also give you 25 given night AND stretches the floor when necessary? Sure, I'll take that.

Return to Chicago Bulls